Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Chandigarh. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sonia GhumanYour feedback matters!
Happened to have sex without protection, took I pill after 65 hours now periods r delayed by 3 days. Took home test around 10 pm using I-can and got the result as negative. Do we need to wait r how should we move on. Now she is pregnant can we wait for periods.
I had pcos taking metformin. I read abt normoz medicine is good for pcos. Can I take both medicines together.
This is query for a 18 years old girl whose suffering from primary amenorrhea please suggest needful treatment prescription.
I have some problem regarding to mensuration. I am having spotting daily when I am gng to bathroom, during periods time bleed also is not properly coming. My periods also not regular.
Your body goes through drastic changes when you are pregnant. Your body makes more blood during pregnancy; for instance, prior to pregnancy, your body made approximately 5 litres of blood, but now it produces 7 to 8 litres of it.
Producing excess red blood cells requires haemoglobin, which in turn requires plenty of folate, iron and vitamin B12. If there is a deficiency in any of these requirements, you might develop anaemia.
Anaemia is a condition, which is characterized by a lack of red blood cells in the body. The risks of becoming anaemic during pregnancy include:
- Being extremely fatigued
- Miscarriages, premature birth, or low birth-weight
- The baby can inherit anaemia from the mother
- The child can have certain developmental delays
- Postpartum depression (post-childbirth depression)
How it can be prevented?
To prevent such risks, it is important to implement the proper diet. Here are some dietary tips to prevent anaemia during pregnancy:
1. Consume iron-rich foods: Foods that provide you with the best source of iron are
- Poultry and eggs
- Dark green and leafy vegetables (for example: spinach, broccoli and kale)
- Seeds and nuts
- Beans and lentils
- Ripe bananas
2. Don't forget the supplements: Foods are great sources of the nutrients you require, but they may be lacking at times. Ask your doctor for supplements like vitamin, folic acid and iron supplements mostly. Consuming supplements before pregnancy can go a long way in preventing anaemia.
3. Folic acid is important: Folic acid is very important for pregnant women. You must consume 400 milligrams of it to prevent anaemia and birth defects in babies. Foods that are rich in folic acid include:
- Brussel sprouts
4. Vitamins are crucial: Vitamin C helps in iron absorption which boosts haemoglobin production. Some foods rich in vitamin C include
- Citrus fruits
- Bell peppers
5. Be vigilant while cooking: Sometimes while cooking foods, the wrong method can strip them of their iron content. So be careful not to fry, boil or stew such foods too much. Certain foods are best consumed raw; read the labels properly if in doubt.
6. Abstain from certain habits: Alcohol, tea, cigarette and coffee hinder iron absorption. So stop consuming them if you are trying to conceive or have conceived.
My wife is 25 years old and we had a medical abortion by using mtp kit on 8th feb 2016 and after a one month on 8th of march she had her periods back. Is everything okay? Can she pregnant again or is there any problem to conceive again?
I am 24 year girl. I have a problem of pcos since 5 years. My period s are irregular. I take consult with gynecologist take contraception pills regularly for 2 years, it was my worst experience when I take this medicine my body became unshaped, and have many side effects. I didn't get relief. After that l can't take medicine I control my weight and my period s come but when I put up weight it again stopped. Still I gave no periods for last 2 months. Please suggest some natural therapy so that my periods are regular.
M 22 years old. I am facing some kind of pain in vagina sometimes. Is it normal or any kind of serious problem Please help.
My friend did sex on 15 dec 2016 with protection (condom) and on 5th jan 2017 with protection. Her date was 8th dec 2016 So in jan she missed her periods now she is two weeks late and her preg test came out negative What is the reason behind? Why is date not coming?
Peer pressure is always difficult to deal with, especially when it comes to sex. Many girls feel the pressure from friends to have sex before they're ready, which is why it's so important to have the confidence to say no to something you don't feel ready to do.
Just because your friends are having sex or say they're having sex doesn't mean that you have to as well! you might feel like everyone is doing it, but you will soon realize that this is not the case. Your friends may talk about sex in a casual manner. If you have a good group of friends, they should not be pressuring you into doing something that you're not ready to do.
Pressure from magazines, celebrities and peers can all contribute to the pressure that you may feel. On tv, sex is displayed in such a casual way, however you should remember that sex is actually a really big deal! you need to make sure that you're completely confident and comfortable with your decision if you do decide to have sex. Think carefully how you feel yourself about having sex, as this is the first step in handling the peer pressure. It's okay to have fun when you're a teenager, but equally you need to respect yourself enough to say no I'm not ready and your peers should respect that too. When making the decision to have sex, consider whether peer pressure is influencing your decision or if it's something that you have decided that you are ready to do. Once you've had sex for the first time you can't go back, so make sure it's a decision that you won't regret.
Remember that there is no certain age that you are expected to have sex a lot of people wait until they're married! everybody is different and will mature and feel ready at different ages, so just because your friend is doing it and feels ready now, this does not mean that you should feel that way too. Don't ever have sex just to fit in with your friends, as they will respect you more if you stick to your morals and don't do things just because you're pressured to.
If you're worried about peer pressure, know that you're not alone. Hang out with friends who understand you and also believe that it's okay to wait to have sex. If you're going on a first date, go along with friends so it's not just you and your date. This way, if you feel worried that you might be pressured into doing something you don't want to, you won't be alone. Think of what you would say in advance if anyone tries to pressure you in the future, so that you're not caught off guard or feel like you have to do something you don't want to. You are never obliged to have sex with someone, so even if they try to make you feel guilty never do something that you don't want to do, as it's always your decision. Sex is not something that you should rush into, so take your time until you feel 100% ready to take the next step. Respect yourself, your morals and your body and when the time is right to take the next step, you will know.
I had a sex with prostitute. While having sex I saw her organ in which we usually have a sex or intercourse. In simple terms vagina. But her vagina was red alot and o think little bit infected I mean abnormal. As I have seen many vaginas but they are normal. So I am little bit nervous nd also worried will I get affected bu HIV positive. Are there any possibilities for the same? But I had used the condom. Please help me.
- In rainny season wash all vegetables and fruits thoroughly
- In rainny season wash all vegetables and fruits thoroughly, esp green leafy vegetables, cauliflower, broccoli, brinjal, roots and tubers which harbour larvae, worms and dust. Clean them under running water.
- Steaming them is the best way to get rid of germs. Soaking the greens in salt water for about 10minutes can help remove insects.
- Research has shown that using just plain old water can remove 98% of the bacteria when it is used to rinse and soak produce.
- If you decide to use vinegar, research has shown that a 3 part water to 1 part vinegar is most effective. A soak of five to10 minutes should be sufficient. Try to get the water temperature as close to that of the fruit or vegetable that you wish to clean. When you have a variety of fruits and vegetables, it might be best to wash these separately.
Hi I am 43 years old unmarried female. I was not getting period for past two Years. Recently when I went for annual health check up, I discovered red blood in my urine test. I had got spotting on Jan 23 2015, I have taken tablet nervoflex n citadil liquid. Again tdy I have realised that while passing urine I get blood. Please advice
I'm a girl 20 years old. My nipples become erect, hard suddenly and they are seen awfully in my dress like t-shirts. Why does this nipple get hard and how. To avoid? Please help.
F 20 Shortly I was diagnosed with pcos problem as my mc is of 47-57 days. I had some hormone tests and they are all normal. Pls may I kno. Wht exactly the problem is. And how cn this be treated.
I am 32 weeks pregnant. I have 5'6" height. Before pregnancy my weight is 55 and now it is 68. But I do not have big tummy. Is everything of my baby is ok? My latest ultrasound report tells weight is 1390 gm. What does it mean? please help Dr. urgent. I am very tense.
Although having sex is important, maintenance of a few proper sexual hygiene standards is of equal importance. A low standard of sexual hygiene can cause infections which can lead to serious diseases. Some tips for hygiene during sex are suggested below:
- Take a Bath: Of course, no one would feel like getting intimate if you smell bad or you are completely wet with your sweat. So it’s suggested that you take a shower and feel fresh before you get going for a sexual quickie. With this feeling of freshness, you would feel more aroused and can perform the sexual act with better energy.
- Clean Up: Couples always want to enjoy oral sex as a foreplay act or during the sexual stint but if you have not washed your sexual organs properly, your partner could get put off and reluctant to give you the oral pleasure. Also, you must wash off your sexual organs properly before and after having sex for your own personal health.
- Get Rid of Brittle Hair: While enjoying sexual acts, one tends to touch their partner all over their body and if they are too hairy on certain parts, it may put your partner off. So make sure you have shaved off brittle hair or at least trim them neatly, so that your mate can enjoy to the fullest and give you maximum pleasure. Also, the body hair can make you look unkempt and can even come in way of your sexual pleasure and make it uneasy for you and your partner to enjoy.
- Keep Your Hands Clean: You would often feel tempted to love your partner anywhere and at any point of time. But you must ensure that your hands and especially your nails are not dirty, as it may irritate your partner. The dirt tends to carry various germs, dust etc, which your partner would not appreciate when you touch them. So it’s not a great thing to start foreplay right after eating something or when you have come from outside. Always wash your hands, so that your partner feels nice when you softly touch them on cheeks, lips and other parts of the body.
- Breath Fresh Air: If your mouth is stinking due to something that you ate before having sex, it can create a state of discomfort for the other partner while kissing. So always brush you teeth after a meal and before you get into the bed. You can also get rid of this smell either by chewing a mint gum or by taking some mouth freshener that makes you breath fresh and pleasant.
So next time when you seek some romantic moments with your partner, make sure you have gone through all of these hygiene tips, thus leaving no chance to irk your partner in the bed. Moreover, it’s always good fun to love someone who is clean and careful about their own hygiene. So enjoy sex sans any discomfort! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.