Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Chandigarh and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Flexible Partial Dentures Procedure
Acrylic Dentures Procedure
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
He is just 10 months old n is having a vomiting tendency while eating, cerelac, even he has not grown teeth, kindly prescribe any medicine that he could be fed without any anxiety. Thanking you.
My lips are big and teeth are little bit front. I went to doctor and took treatment. He removed 4 teeth (upper 2 nd lower 2) and kept clip. I used that for nearly 7 months after that he removed that clip and gave removable clip which I did not use that properly. I had shown the result better than before but not fully satisfied because I had gaps between the teeth this all happened nearly 1year ago. Now what to do to cover that gaps because after teeth getting perfect and I want to do surgery to make lips smaller. Please help me out doctor.
I have liver infection. Because of that I think I have bad breath problem and yellow layer on my tongue. Can you please suggest me something so that I get rid of my bad breath.
Am having toothache and gums paining since 4 days. How to recur it in home? Clove will help to recur?
Hi, I am facing lots of pain in my teeth right corner I think germs is there pls share some medical to recover.
why teeth gums became black and what should to do again in pink colour 2. My age is 26 I feel like gas in side stomach like that .
My teeth has been itching since someday and I don't know what to do because its paining more as I expect so pls do me a favour sir pls.
I am 42 years old I am suffering from toothace and sensitivity, I am using senodyne rapid toothpaste. From last 3 days I m suffering from toothace I had taken some pain killer and antibiotic that relief me only for 5-6 hrs only.
I am generating a lot of saliva what is the remedy? Please note that I am also a heart patient This problem is more acute when I am sleeping as the saliva drools out.
Tooth lost to either decay or gum disease leaves a dent in many areas - facial appearance, chewing, facial structure support, etc. Fixed dentures were a good substitute, however, with one major disadvantage. They required removal of natural tooth structure from adjacent healthy teeth. The next big search was to find ways to avoid this, and the result is the dental implant.
The tooth has a visible part called the crown and an invisible part called the root which is hidden in the jaw bone. While the fixed denture replaces only the crown, the implant replaces both the crown and the root.
How implants are done: Once a tooth is lost and the bone is healed to the desired extent, a biocompatible titanium post that is screwed into the bone. This material has the unique property of osseointegration - it fuses to the bone, which is almost like a natural tooth in its socket. This complete fusion may take about 2 to 6 months depending on overall health. After it gets absorbed well into the bone, a crown that matches the adjacent teeth is fixed on it. Implants can also be used for replacing multiple teeth or for overdentures.
There are certain reasons why implants work so well, listed below are some:
- The material: Titanium is biocompatible and does not cause any adverse reaction in the body. It fuses to the bone completely and is not just put in place to fill the gap. That ensures that the support provided for the new crown or bridge is as good as the original tooth with a root embedded in the jaw bone
- Post-implant care: Required, but not to the extent required by dentures. There is very minimal difference between caring for an implant and caring for an implant
- Function: As the implant is completely fused and embedded in the bone, it functions as good as a natural tooth in terms of chewing efficiency and pressure that can be applied on it. This is not the case with dentures
- Gum health: Bridges have an adverse effect on the gums with a constant mild pressure exerted on them. Implants do not do that and therefore are more friendly on the gums
- Bone health: While bridges affect the alveolar bone health by allowing them to continue to degenerate, implants occupy the space in the bone and do not allow further degeneration. This is probably the most important advantage of implants.
- Aesthetics: Needless to say, the look of a well-done implant far surpasses that of the dentures.
Check with your dentist if you are an ideal candidate for implant, and if yes, it surely is worth the investment.