Find numerous General Surgeons in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Surgeons with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Surgeons online in Chandigarh. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. R K Sharma
Treatment of Abdominal Pain
Treatment of Swelling
Treatment of Hemorrhoids
Treatment of Colic
Treatment of Black eye
Treatment of Blood in Urine
Treatment of Breast Cancer
Treatment of Gallstones
Treatment of Burns
Treatment of Bladder Stones
Treatment of Keloid
Treatment of Stomach Cramps
Treatment of Breast lumps
Kidney Stones Treatment
Treatment of Appendicitis
Treatment of Urine Stone
Submit a review for Dr. R K SharmaYour feedback matters!
I m 34 years old. Have a dry skin and since fees months I m noticing small brown spots on my face. Kindly tell the treatment or sunscreen that can help me which problem.
Would you like to share this interesting fact with family or friends? go ahead and share!
I am 23 yrs old and I got pimple marks on my face. Is there any home remedies to cure. Is need it to cure completely. And I had little fairer before my marriage. Now 2 years over after my marriage my skin tone became dull and darker I need remedy for this problem also.
Respected Doc, which is the most effective skin lightening molecule available. Waiting for your valuable reply. Thanking you.
Cracking fore skin of penis after intercourse. It become dry. I used/ applied moisturizers for a week regularly it partially relieve but again happened. I am married and one woman man. please advice some treatment to relief pain and cracks.
Pigmentation of the skin is a medical term to refer to the phenomenon of colouring. Our skin is made up of cells that produce a pigment known as melanin. The colour of the skin largely depends upon the production of melanin. If more melanin is produced, the skin looks darker and vice-versa. When the melanin producing cells are damaged due to long exposure to sunlight, pregnancy or any other disease, pigmentation of the skin takes place. When the skin gets darker, it is called hyperpigmentation and when the discolouration of the skin takes place or white patches are formed on the skin, it is called hypopigmentation.
Skin pigmentation can be tackled by certain home based remedies. Here are some of these remedies:
- Milk and honey face pack: Milk is known to contain lactic acid. A mixture of milk and honey peels off the affected part of the skin. This makes the hyper-pigmented skin lighter in colour.
- Vegetable juices: Some vegetables like tomatoes, cucumber and potato are effective in getting rid of the skin pigments. Cut slices of these vegetables and rub them over the affected parts. The juices from these vegetables lighten the pigmented part.
- Avocado magic: It is advisable to peel off an avocado and apply its juice with honey over the affected area.
- Add Vitamin E to your diet: Include foods rich in vitamin E in your meals. It helps in restoring the pigmented skin back to its normal form.
- Face Mask: There are several face masks available that can work wonder in curing pigmentation of the skin. You can use face packs containing oatmeal, honey, sandalwood, turmeric powder, raw milk, and orange powder.
- Sun screen: It is important to guard your skin from the ultraviolet rays. UV rays lead to pigmentation of the skin. So, apply a sunscreen lotion or cream before stepping out of your home.
- Take up some exercise: A key to a healthy skin is a good lifestyle. One must exercise regularly to maintain proper blood circulation throughout the body. Proper flow of blood keeps the skin healthy and free from pigmentation.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol and cigarettes: The consumption of alcohol and cigarettes leads to generation of toxins in our blood stream. This is harmful for our skin.
- Cocoa butter: It has nourishing and de-tanning effects on the skin. Use a cream that contains cocoa butter extracts on daily basis.
- Oil massage: Certain oils like olive and almond are good for treating damaged skin.
Below given are some of the common products used in medical treatment of hyperpigmentation:
- IPL (Photofacial) - Treatment with intense pulsed light, or a Photofacial, is frequently recommended by doctors to treat hyperpigmentation.
- Chemical peel - A TCA peel or deeper phenol peel are also used to treat hyperpigmentation.
- Laser Peel - A variety of laser resurfacing treatments may be performed to reduce hyperpigmentation. CO2 lasers and fractional lasers are popular choices for skin resurfacing.
- Topical skin lightening products - Products containing skin lightening ingredients, such as hydroquinone, retinoids, kojic acid, and Vitamin C are often used to reduce hyperpigmentation.
Medical treatment is combined with procedures to get faster results.