Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chandigarh and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Promila GuptaYour feedback matters!
I am 19 years old I am indulged in sex wirh my husband for previous 5years. At first when newly I was newly married I was a bit shy but now after giving birth to 1 baby I want to have more of sex. But I can not have anything my husband want me to take more initiatives and help him or allow him doing and trying every pose and styles, the problem is in me as I can not stay for long doing motions in any pose. I want him to be happy wth me while doing intercourse. Please help me by telling how can I make him happy doing ny part and helping him. Please doc. thanks.
Reduced sex drive can be a result of many psychological and physical causes. This condition may ruin a person’s relationship, more so, if both the partners are experiencing poor sex drive. Eventually this affects confidence and self esteem of either partners. A natural option to treat such a condition is Ayurveda. Herbs being organic, treat the root cause of this ailment. These herbs are known to give relief to poor libido among men and/or women. In addition to including these herbs, knowing reasons that can cause, deficient sex drive may also be of great help.
Physical fatigue and stress are major causes of lack of interest in sex. There may be medical or psychological reasons that can cause this condition. Medical conditions affecting sex drive include, hormonal imbalance, conditions affecting reproductive system in women.. Other physical reasons causing this condition include, trauma, injury, accident related trauma, etc. It is common in women, post delivery.
Although it is good to seek medical help, you may want to make few changes in lifestyle and pin point the reasons of poor libido. With help of ayurvedic herbs, you can treat this condition, by attending to factor causing it. Listed below are five effective options that can alleviate your problem to a great extent.
1) Garlic Lets begin with a simple herb that is commonly found, garlic. Garlic is an ayurvedic herb, and is popular for its properties to cure. Recouping after an infection or injury or child birth is easier, when you include garlic in your diet. Besides being curative, it is known for its improved sexual performance in men and women, as it promotes, general well being of sexual organs.
2) Shatavari popularly known as Asparagus Racemosus, helps in alleviating hormonal imbalance in women, more so, after child birth. It is also good remedy to overcome difficulties while conceiving. It is known to improve blood circulation and generation process, besides, overcoming miscarriage conditions in women. It is also effective in treating, certain conditions in men, such as, inflamed sexual organs, spermatorrhea and impotence.
3) Ashwagandha It is commonly called as Indian Ginseng and useful in treating conditions in men. It can mitigate conditions such as, male infertility, impotence, and premature ejaculation. It is an adaptogenic herb that provides good nourishment to your body, thereby making it competent to handle stress and strain. It therefore rejuvenates your sex drive, other than strengthening your respiratory and reproductive systems. When you are not stressed or fatigued, sexual desires, come back to you. To include ashwagandha in your routine, you should take it with, warm milk or ginger or hot water or honey or meals, to digest it easily.
4) Salab Mishri is a terrestrial plant known for promoting sexual endurance, besides improving your overall health. It is popularly useful in men, with conditions affecting sperm quality. It is known to improve blood circulation to penile region and hence augment sperm quality.
5) Shilajit Ayurveda revers this herb to be a divine, youth rejuvenating nectar. It helps maintain your youthful vigor and sexual desire. It is basically an aphrodisiac, that works to ameliorate male sperm count or low sperm count in man. It is effective when, poor libido is a result of hormonal irregularities. To summarize, this herb, improves hormone functioning, libido and sexual performance, and can be called Ayurvedic equivalent to Viagra.
I trying to get a child since my marriage but after 3 years we are not able to do that but there is 2 miscarriage 1 was in 3rd month and the 2nd was in 2nd but the problem is now that my wife is not able to conceive we r trying for that from last 5 6 month Kindly suggest the way what we have to do Thanks With regards Anubhav.
Doctor, I am 23 years old, I am pregnant of 15 weeks, last week I had done my usg, it shows everything is fine only having low lying placenta it is 3 cm from internal os, I want to ask you this, what all precautions I need to take? And can i and my husband keep physical contact in this conditions?
Hi sir my wife is pregnant have second trimester (17 week) she is suffering from lower back pain can I give calicijoint cap. One cap. D3 Contain 60000 lU but calcium has not this cap.
Oligospermia can treat by medicine? In such cases they can conceive naturally. Or any other option to them.
Emergency contraception is postcoital contraception.
You can use either cu-t or oral pills for this purpose.
Cu-t may be tedious for you as you can not insert cu-t yourself.
Oral pills are ok.
You can use postcoital contraception within 5 days of act.
But postcoital pills are most effective when taken within 12 hours of act.
They are more effective when taken in first half of your cycle as they act by inhibiting egg formation.
If you form a habit of taking postcoital pills, they may lead to menstrual disturbance. So take them carefully.
Am 31 years old n my wife 30. The problem is that my wife is not interested in sex. She always move out of having sex. But I want to have sex. From 5 years it's happening. Some times I have to force her to have sex. So find me an solution.
Doctor I had my periods from 16th april-21 april. I had humping on 22 april. Doctor I am doubtful abt pregnancy. Can I use prega news for pregnancy confirmation?
I am 20 and mate is 18 years old. We went through anal sex several times. But after the last time we went through, she missed her periods. She usually have regular periods. We are afraid that we are pregnant. Please help us.
Hello I took I pill on 11 Dec 2016 n my with drawal bleed was on 16 Dec So now my newcycle shud start om 17 Dec 2016. N my periods shud come on 17 jan 2017 But my periods did not occur yet? Why so?
Postural Tachycardia Syndrome or POTS, what this condition entails is a sudden and abnormal increase in the heart beat of an individual, causing them difficulty in breathing, dizziness, and even blackouts.
There are some factors that can trigger the situation and stem the sudden rise in the heart beat. Meeting with a medical expert may help bring the situation under control.
What is Postural Tachycardia Syndrome?
Postural Tachycardia Syndrome or POTS is a cardiovascular condition that is caused due to the sudden shift from an upright position to a supine position or vice versa. It is this sudden increase in heartbeat of an individual that is referred to as Tachycardia.
The longer you overlook this condition, the bigger is the trouble you are putting your health in. This is when it becomes extremely important for you to get in touch with a medical expert, who can offer you perfect consultancy, diagnose the causes and also find a result for the same.
What Causes POTS?
According to medical specialists, there are some factors that this condition stems from and it all differs from one person to the other. Some of the most common causes of the condition are-
- Joint Hypermobility Syndrome
- Faulty Gene
- Siogren’s Syndrome
Signs of Postural Tachycardia Syndrome:
There are multiple signs that indicate that an individual is stricken by Postural Tachycardia Syndrome. Some of the more common signs and symptoms include:
- Orthostatic Hypotension: Orthostatic Hypotension refers to the sudden increase in the heart beat by at least 30 beats per minute, within or after 10 minutes of rising up from a sitting or lying down position. Though the condition increases the heart rate, it does not trigger any drop or rise in blood pressure. Certain medications used to diminish this effect often extend some side effects, such as lightheadedness, palpitation, difficulty to breath, discomfort in the chest, weakness, heaviness in the chest area, nausea, cognitive difficulties and also stain on the vision.
- Effects in Response to Postural Change: Almost one-third of the people with Postural Tachycardia Syndrome are noticed to faint as a result of the increased heartbeat, almost 40 beats minutes, instead of the chance in postural position. Other symptoms under this head include a headache, migraine, disturbance in sleep, fatigue, acrocyanosis or blood pooling in feet, etc.
- Ehlers- Danlos Syndrome (EDS): Sometimes POTS is found to coexist in an individual with other conditions, such as EDS. This condition makes an individual prone to dislocation of bones, greater laxity in skin, loose- clicking joints, chronic fatigue, reduced level of tolerance towards any exercise, etc. According to medical specialists, though these are common symptoms of POTS, there might also be other signs. These signs and symptoms differ from one person to the other.
When Should You Consult a Doctor?
The moment you experience a POTS attack or for that matter notice some of the symptoms of the condition, it is time for you to consult a medical expert. The doctor will give you valued consultation, as well as diagnose the condition properly, thus finding the best treatment and suitable medication for you.
I have period problems that it is not bleeding properly. Slightly it is happening. Please advise what to do.
If I have done sex with a girl,directly. then what treatment should be applied so that she will not be pregnant.
My husband just rubbed his penis in my vagina. My period date was on 29th aug. And we did that on 14th august. and now I am 8 days late on my periods. Is there any chance of pregnancy?
I had sex 10 days back. My period which was due about 2 weeks back has not come. Seems I am pregnant. Please suggest ways to terminate pregnancy at this stage.
I am 32 years 5 month pregnant n often stomach pain y Dr. All say for heat n my blood is less what food to have for both dr.
In a normal pregnancy, the baby develops with its head pointed down, and the head is usually the part which comes out first during normal delivery. However, in many cases, the baby could have its legs, feet, or buttocks pointing to the cervix. In a majority of cases, the baby may have this position, but rotates to have its head pointing down before the third trimester. However, this may not happen, and this is referred to as breech.
In a lot of cases, the doctor would try to move the baby’s head downwards usually around the 37th week, and this is referred to as external cephalic version (ECV) or even as version. The process is done externally by manipulation and hence the name external. It is done before labor and may allow for a vaginal birth. In very rare cases, it may be done during labor, but before the amniotic sac has ruptured. As a backup, there should be a provision for the patient to undergo C-section, if ECV is not successful.
- Single pregnancy, into 36 weeks of pregnancy, with no complications, and preferably not the first pregnancy
- No engagement of the fetus (any part) in the uterus
- Adequate amniotic fluid, which will provide a good environment to move the baby with minimal injury
- Suspected/known birth defects
- Multiple pregnancies (twins/triplets)
- Ruptured amniotic sac
- Fetus with a hyperextended neck
- Mother’s health is not optimal and is on cardiac medications
- Condition that mandates a cesarean section (placental separation from the uterus, placenta covering the cervix, etc.)
The fetal position is first estimated using an ultrasound. The position of the placenta and the amount of amniotic fluid are also closely monitored. Under constant monitoring, the uterus is relaxed through medications. With one hand on the fetal head and another on the buttocks, the doctor tries to rotate the fetus. Depending on how much pressure the mother is able to tolerate and how flexible the uterus is, version may be successful (success rate is about 60%).
A second attempt under epidural anesthesia may be done, if the first one did not succeed. However, the chances of success with subsequent attempts is very doubtful. The fetus is constantly monitored through ultrasound and fetal heart rate monitoring. A fetus is considered healthy if the heart rate moves up during this procedure. However, if the heart rate seems abnormally high, the procedure would be abandoned.
After the procedure, the mother and the fetus would be monitored for a while before being sent home. As the fetus is constantly monitored throughout pregnancy, the doctor would be able to tell if this procedure is required. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.