Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chandigarh and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Promila Gupta
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Promila GuptaYour feedback matters!
I am 24 and I am pregnant snd I would like to know the sleeping position from four months to nine months.
I'm 36 and my wife is 34. Sir, in the year 2016 my wife conceived but after three months ultra sound depicts the multiple congenial abnormalities. So doctors advice us for DNC. Which was done on 15 aug 2016 After one year we are trying for the second baby but she is not able to conceive since April 2017 Is triple marker test helpful for us to analyze the possible abnormalities of would be coming baby Note my wife is Jit pregnant.
This yummy drink is made with curd which is excellent for digestion, cardio-vascular health, skeletal system, skin and overall immunity. It is a rich source of calcium, vitamin d.
#2. Sugarcane juice
Sugarcane pieces – 2
Ginger – a small piece
Lemon – 1
Water – 1 cup
Peel the outer layer of the sugar cane. Cut it into small pieces and put in the blender with water and ginger. Blend and extract the juice. Add sugar if required and a dash of lemon juice.
#3. Sweet lime lassi
You know how good curd is. This version of lassi has sweet lime in it.
Sweet lime contains vitamin c and it is good for digestion, ulcers, respiratory problems, immune system and is known for its anti-cancerous properties. It is also good to keep urinary infections away.
It is especially good for the summers as it helps to treat dehydration and heatstroke!
Good as an appetizer/after meal drink, solkadi is also made with kokum/sol.
There are two varieties that you can make. One with coconut milk and the other without. While making solkadi for kids, you can omit chillies so they will relish it.
#5. Minty lemonade
You must have heard of using lemon water the first thing in the morning. But they have other uses too. You know lemons are rich sources of vitamin c. It helps to strengthen the immunity, help you deal with allergies, reduce chances of stroke and cancer and increasing iron absorption. It also helps to maintain a healthy complexion.
Apart from adding freshness, mint is good for the digestive system. It helps to fight cold, cough, allergies etc.
Buttermilk is yummy and a great summer drink for your little one. Know what the best part is, you can have many varieties of this humble drink. Don’t believe me? read all about variety buttermilk recipes for toddlers and kids.
#7. Pomegranate juice
This berry packs a punch. It fights inflammation, lower blood pressure, heart diseases, joint pain, arthritis etc. It is used to combat fungal and bacterial infections. There are talks that it is good against cancer, but it hasn’t been proven yet.
#8. Easy panagam
This drink is made and offered to the lord during ram navami. But it is loaded with benefits and makes a yummy summer drink as well. You know the benefits of lemon. In this drink lemon is joined by jaggery, cardamom powder, dry ginger powder with water.
Jaggery is said to be better than sugar due to its many benefits. It is good to fight the flu and boosts the immunity. It is good for the liver and purifies the blood. It helps to treat anemia, blood pressure, joint paint, respiratory problems etc. It is also good to regulate the body temperature.
Cardamom and dry ginger powder are spices that bring in their own benefits to this yummy drink. You can add one of two leaves of tulsi to this drink
#9. Sapodilla banana shake
Bananas are rich in calories, so if you worry that your little one is not gaining weight then this shake is a great choice. Bananas coupled with yet another calorie dense ingredient in this shake makes it awesome. That is right, sapodillas or chikoos are a tasty option to gain some healthy weight.
The best thing about this drink is that kids love the sweet taste and because of that it doesn’t require any sweeteners either.
#10. Tender coconut water
This kept me going through the hot summers when I was pregnant. This contains dietary fibre, vitamins and minerals. It also contains electrolytes too making it a wonderful energy drink for summer.
Offering your child some yummy coconut juice will make him/her feel energized during the harsh summer months.
#11. Papaya date shake
Papaya in a shake might sound a bit unappealing to kids. But the ripe fruit tastes yummy and with dates for company this makes a delicious drink. Papayas contain anti-oxidants, vitamins and minerals. This fruit is good for the digestive tract, immunity, arthritis, heart diseases etc.
Dates will help to keep the energy levels high. Apart from that it is good against constipation, cholesterol etc. Dates are good as it contains many vital vitamins and minerals. It is also good for patients suffering from anemia.
#12. Rose sharbat
Rose sharbat is another summer cooler that kids will love. It will help to keep your little one cool. Rose is usually not the first thought that comes to your mind when you think of health. But then this drink will change your opinion about roses.
#13. Coconut milk and chikoo shake
Did you know that coconut milk and chikoo makes a great duo? I didn’t know till I tried this yummy drink. Coconut milk is also rich in many nutrients and helps in keeping your skin and hair healthy. Apart from that coconut milk helps to make everything tasty!
#14. Cucumber watermelon cooler
Transform your normal watermelon juice by adding some cucumber juice too! you know that watermelons are mostly water. It also contains anti-oxidants, vitamins and is excellent to hydrate the body. Probably why watermelon is associated with summer.
#15. Sarsaparilla extract juice
Sarsaparilla is our very own nannari/ naruneendi. It is known to cool the body down and hence is excellent for summer.
You get nannari syrup from shops but you can easily make it at home. You can get sarsaparilla roots from shops that sell ayurvedic medicines/herbs.
#16. Kokum sharbat
Kokum (garcinia indica) is used in dishes in the goa and maharashtra belt. It helps to cure digestive ailments and keeps flatulence away. It is also an effective anti-histamine.
Kokum sharbat will help to cool you down during the worst of summers and will help in keeping you refreshed. Kids will definitely love the taste!
Tips to remember:
1. Always consume juices immediately after they are prepared. Or else they will oxidize and won’t be as good.
2. If there is any leftover juice, don’t leave it outside as it can get spoiled in the heat.
While juices are a good way to sneak some nutrients into your little one’s body, too much will cause your child to reject other food. It is true that they need a lot of fluids, but not so much that they give up eating anything solid.
3. Too much juices may also cause loosies in your little one.
4. Avoid letting your child walk around with sipper/bottles with juice. The sugar (even the naturally sweet juices) will cause their teeth to rot.
5. Make sure the fruits are washed thoroughly before you juice it.cold cough
I have a cousin during her periods she got enough of those white liquid her age is 16 what shod I consult her. Is that normal according to her age. Give me some natural suggestions so that I can help her too.
I had a inter-course with my wife a week ago. I am not sure that whether the sperm was released outside or not. Then, pregnancy check can be performed after how many days? And my wife periods date is 9th May.
The individuals with higher IQ dream twice as much as those with lower IQ. It is due to the activation of the brain when the individual is sleeping. Folks with higher IQ are able to activate a larger mass of their brain than others.
Would you like to share this interesting fact with family or friends? Go ahead and click on share.
Hi. Actually I have problem regarding my periods. Coz I had my last period date 29th may & on 13 &15 had unprotected intercourse so is it possible to be pregnant as I have abdomen pain as occurs in periods bt no periods seen as it almost 5 days delay of periods. Suggest me please as m too panic.
She is suffering with pcdo problem since 2 years .all ready she is following by gynich instructions but no result. And she is suffering irregular periods and cold and headache which medicine is better for cure.
Doing romance while periods causes causes any harm to girl and why bleeding lesions when we do romance during periods? E.
Are you gaining excessive amount of weight during your pregnancy, well you are not alone. Most of the pregnant women tend to be overweight or obese. You are viewed as overweight, if your pre-pregnancy body mass index (BMI) is approximately between twenty-five and twenty-nine. Your BMI is the relationship between your height and weight. You are considered obese, if your BMI is thirty or more.
However, here are some ways with which you can control the weight gain during pregnancy:
- Eat a solid, yet less-calorie diet: Utilize a convenient pregnancy food journal to ensure you are getting enough supplements and drinking a lot of water every day. The journal is additionally helpful for keeping track of your mood swings and appetite levels, so you can spot patterns you may need to change. Since you realize that you have to take after a particular eating regimen, the following are very solid for you:
- Crisp leafy foods
- Oats and bread made with whole grains
- Low-fat milk and dairy items
- Foods rich in folate such as strawberries, spinach and beans
- Unsaturated "good" fats such as olive oil, canola oil, and shelled nut oil
- Regular exercise: In case you are a relative newcomer to work out, you can start with pregnancy exercise for beginners. You can practice low-impact exercises; for example, walking, swimming and light heart stimulating exercises. Never begin an exercise without first talking with your medicinal services supplier or doctor. Furthermore, make sure to you adhere to the thirteen principles of safe pregnancy work out. A few women do get in shape during pregnancy in case that they roll out solid eating regimen and make way for life improvements, so make sure to check in with your specialist if this happens.
- Comprehend your calorie needs: As specified before, not all pregnant women have to put on equivalent measures of weight. Thus, you have to know precisely what number of calories you require. Talk with your specialist to get the correct number.
- Eat frequent, small meals: This is true when you need to deal with your weight, pregnant or not. Eating successive little dinners is particularly helpful when you are pregnant. Eating a full feast makes you wiped out.
- Taking prenatal pre-natal vitamins: This is something your specialist will recommend in any case. Yet, in case that you require an extra motivation to take your pre-birth vitamins consistent, then this is it. As you most likely are aware, your body needs additional food and nutrients during pregnancy. In case that you need to deal with your weight and take in the supplements without stacking yourself with calories, take your vitamins.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!