Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Chandigarh and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Flexible Partial Dentures Procedure
Acrylic Dentures Procedure
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Pramod NegiYour feedback matters!
Hi, My gum is very inflamed and every morning I get out blood from mouth because of It and also while washing my teeth. My mouth smell is so bad as well sorry for my weak language.
I have ceramic brace's and the rubber band which holds the string gets yellow. It looks bad what should I do for it?
Hi I was just coming out of a terrible flare up for 2 days. And today I went to the doctors to get some anti depressant pills. I then had to go to the dentist. I thought I would have a coffee in costa. I saw a very small granola bar. I asked if it had sugar in it and they said no. I purchased.
How to remove waste material in the sense saliva. Due to this I was experiencing indigestion, severe head ache. I need some suggestions/tips.
I have teeth very near and are unable to brush in the middle. So that they changed the color. How could I solve this problem. Having any cleaning process.
I have bleeding gums from one month. I am 20 years old. Moderate bleed after brushing. What should I do?
Hi Dr. I used to eat tobacco due to which my teeth got yellowish and coloured with tobacco colour. How can I clean my teeth to get rid of that colour. Please advice.
I want to reduce the gap between my front teeth. My age is 20 years. It can be cured or not? I am very much sad about it. Please help me.
I am 39 years old but due to cavity in teeth both side of jaw all teeth broken and upper jaw also one teeth each cavity.
I have been suffering from severe toothache. It looks like i'm having sensitive teeth. I'm getting pain especially when i'm eating or drinking cold stuff. Please guide me.
Hi, I have tiny spots on my 2 front teeth, have shown it to a dentist but they say there is no cure and I have to get it laminated or get it crowned. So please guide me how costly would be crown and is it the only solution?
When the salivary glands do not produce enough saliva, the mouth gets dry and uncomfortable. Due to certain conditions, such a phenomenon can occur and this condition is known as dry mouth or xerostomia. Xerostomia or dry mouth can occur due to multiple reasons. Read on more to find all about the different causes and symptoms of dry mouth.
- Side effects of certain medications: Dry mouth occurs due to the effect of certain prescription and nonprescription medications. Drugs used to treat depression, pain, allergies, anxiety, epilepsy, obesity, nausea and psychotic disorders can cause dry mouth condition as a side effect. Sedatives and muscle relaxers can also cause dry mouth.
- Side effects of certain disease and infections: Certain diseases such as Alzheimer's disease, mumps, diabetes, hypertension, cystic fibrosis, anemia and Parkinson's disease can also cause dry mouth or xerostomia.
- Side effect of treatments: If the salivary glands are damaged due to certain reasons, then less saliva is secreted resulting in dry mouth. Certain treatments such as radiation treatments in the head and neck or chemotherapy sessions could indirectly cause dry mouth by damaging the salivary glands.
- Nerve damage: Dry mouth can also be due to a person suffering from nerve damage caused due to accident or surgery.
- Dehydration: Conditions like fever, excessive vomiting, diarrhea, excessive sweating, which cause dehydration can also cause dry mouth.
- Removal of salivary glands: Surgical removal of the salivary glands also causes dry mouth.
- Lifestyle choices: Certain lifestyle preferences such as chewing tobacco or smoking can cause dry mouth.
Dry mouth has several symptoms. If you have some or all of the symptoms mentioned below, then you are more than likely suffering from dry mouth.
- A sticky and dry feeling in the mouth.
- The frequent feeling of being thirsty.
- A dry, parched feeling in the throat.
- The tongue being dry, raw and red.
- There is discomfort and problem while you are speaking or experiencing problems with chewing, tasting or swallowing food.
- Experiencing dry nasal passages, a sore throat or hoarseness in the voice.
- A tingling or slightly burning sensation in the mouth but particularly in the tongue.
- Having a bad breath.
Related Tip: "Why Oral Health in Older Adults Is Important"