Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Chandigarh and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. N. P SinghYour feedback matters!
The body has multiple chemicals called hormones, which regulate many of its functions. Increased or decreased levels of these hormones affect various functions including metabolism, growth and sexual functions. Thyroxin produced by the thyroid (situated in the front of the neck) is one such hormone, which has a significant role to play in metabolism.
Graves’ disease is one of the main causes of hyperthyroidism, where there is excessive production of thyroid hormones. Graves’ disease is an autoimmune disorder, wherein the body reacts against its own tissues. It is very common in women than men, especially after 20 years of age. Family history also has a strong correlation in developing Graves’ disease. The high levels of thyroid hormone increase the rate of metabolism, thereby altering weight, mental energy levels, physical stamina, and also mood.
Thyroid hormone is related to metabolism and more amount of it lead to higher metabolism. This causes the following symptoms.
- Intolerance to heat
- Excessive sweating
- Nervousness and anxiety
- Inability sleep, as the mind is always excited
- Increased appetite (sometimes despite weight loss) due to higher metabolism
- Irregular menstrual cycles
- Palpitations (rapid, loud heartbeat)
- Irregular heartbeats (tachyarrhythmia)
- Fine tremors of the extended arms
- Breast enlargement in men, known as gynecomastia
- Extreme moodiness, causing irritability and anger
- Inability to focus and concentrate
- General fatigue and shortness of breath with any exertion
- Increased frequency of bowel movements
In addition, the eye symptoms are quite diagnostic including:
- Protrusion of the eyes (exophthalmos), giving an impression that they are going to fall out
- Double vision
- Excessive tearing
- Increased irritation in the eyes
Diagnosis: The first symptom would be the presence of an enlarged thyroid gland (front of the neck above the collarbone), and the some of the above symptoms would be present.
In addition, tests to check for thyroid gland functioning including T3 and T4 levels would reveal increased amounts of hormone in the blood stream.
As a confirmatory test, the radioactive iodine uptake test also is done, which will indicate increased uptake by the thyroid gland. This indicates that the gland is functioning at an increased pace and requires additional iodine for the production of thyroid hormones.
Treatment: There are two approaches to it, one to control the symptoms and the other to control the thyroid gland per se.
- Beta blockers are very useful in controlling rapid heart rate and anxiety.
- Prednisone may be used to control eye irritation and swelling
- Antithyroid drugs are used to control the production of thyroid
- Radioactive iodine is given orally to control excessive thyroid production
- In severe cases, thyroid gland may be surgically removed partially or completely
Graves’ disease is not life-threatening and once symptoms are controlled, the patient’s quality of life improves drastically. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a endocrinologist.
I am 27 yrs old male and have sugar problem from last 5 yrs my fasting sugar level is around 300 and hb1ac is 12.6. I am not taking any medicine now. The doctor advised me to take triglycomet tds, volix m 0.3 mg bd, janumet 50/500 od, amlopress 5mg od but when I taking medicine my weight is gaining regularly even 6 kg in a month, I also examined my thyroid levels which are normal. please advice me what can I do.
Hi I am diabetic since September 2012. I have been taking piomed mg-2 5 minutes before breakfast in the morning at Doctor advice. I have also weak a digestion. Please suggest me
I am a lady 62 year and diabetes from 28 year take insulin but my sugar is uncontrolled fasting morning 58 after food 320 insulin 26 units reducing in the evening near 6 p m 70 pl advice me how controlled.
Shilajit capsules increases uric acid in our body or not? Is this medicine good to cure side effects of over masturbation.
I am not facing any blood sugar related problem. However As per annual medical check this year my pp level was 419 mg/dl & fasting sugar 213 mg/DL. Then I went for HbA1c test there it came 7.4%. Request advise.
Infertility is a condition, which is diagnosed as the inability of the woman to conceive a child even after a prolonged duration of unprotected intercourse (for about 6 months to 1 year). This condition can affect both the genders. Infertility might cause immense societal embarrassment for the couple and can mar the joys of a relationship. The causes of infertility in male and female are as follows:
- In males, infertility might stem from injury to the testicles, erectile problems, premature ejaculation, infections due to sexually transmitted diseases, structural deformation of the testicles, little or irregular sperm count and blockage of the ejaculatory duct.
- In females, infertility might develop due to abnormal periods, polycystic ovarian syndrome, diseases which cause inflammation of the pelvis such as gonorrhoea and chlamydia, a disorder in the thyroid glands, blockage of the fallopian tubes and structural deformation of the uterus.
- The common reasons of infertility in both men and women can be attributed to increased body weight, old age, excessive consumption of alcohol, diabetes, mental anxiety, side effect of radiation therapy and prescribed medications.
As it is a holistic mode of treatment, Homeopathy can be used to treat infertility as the preparations do not contain any toxin and has zero side effects.
1. In men, if the reason behind infertility is irregular sperm count, then a prescribed dosage of X-Ray might help.
2. If infertility is caused due to erectile problems along with symptoms of severe mental stress, involuntary discharge of semen and lack of sexual desire, a prescribed dosage of Caladium or Selenium might be helpful.
3. If the discharge from the vagina appears to be acidic which gradually destroys the sperms, Borax might be prescribed.
4. If the woman suffers from episodes of irregular, but enduring menstrual periods, a prescribed dosage of Calcarea Carb might be helpful. If the duration of the periods is short, Pulsatilla might also be prescribed.
5. In women, if the symptoms include a lack of sexual desire along with excessive pain in the vagina during sexual intercourse, Sepia might be recommended. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.
Hi my mom is having diabetes. She was on medicine. She was having Glynase -MF 1 and half tablet twice a day. But from last few days she is having a lot urine at night. She is having a loss of weight as well. If there is any cut or injury its taking a lot of time to recover and heal. We did the fasting and blood test. Test results:- Haemoglobin= 11.5 gms% = 78%(By Hellige Method) True Glucose (Fasting):- 260 mgm% We are not sure about the type of diabetes. She is herself a nurse. Help me with a suggestion what should we do? Should we do a C-peptide test first? Before taking any medication. Suggestions please.
I am 47 years old. Suffering from diabetic since last 13 yes. insulin 18 morning 20 evening with Gymster M1.
Hello sir, I am 46 yrs old. Suddenly my sugar level increase. How to reduce this. I have cholesterol & uric acid.
I have thyroid problem. How to control it? What all ways we can do to reduce it? What type of diet should I take?
I am at 40 Recently 3 months Back diagnose and diabetic Dr. Rx gemer 1 mg Morning 1 tab evening 1/2 half tab. I am since last three months Going to Gym continuously. To control the Diabetics Related issues and to lead Normal life is it possible if possible please Suggest the remedies I am ready to Face any Life style Changes if Suggested. I am taking Normal Daily Breakfast before 10 am and having Lunch between 2 to 3 pm Rice and Dinner Before 9 30 pm 3 Pulkas. I request you to kindly let me know that can Diabetics will controlled by the homeopathy Medicine is it possible kindly Suggest that what qualification Dr. in homeopathy we need to consult Awaits you r earliest response.
Causes, symptoms and treatment of Infertility
Hi, I am Dr. Jayanti Kamany. I am an IVF Consultant practicing at Srishti Fertility Centre and Women's Clinic in Mumbai. So, today i'll be talking about Infertility. The problem of infertility is on a steep rise. Some of the causes for the rise in inferility are increased age at the time of marriage for women, postponement of child bearing. Even if a women gets married earlier she postpones her child bearing for various purposes like her career.
Increased stress levels today, increased levels of sexually transmitted diseases and of course Tuberculosis, which is a very common disease in our country. So, who is to be blamed for the infertility. We have found that 3 out of 10 couples are battling with this problem of infertility. 30% of the faults is found in the female, another 30% is found in the male partner, again 30% is found in both partners and about 10-15% cannot be explained because inspite of all the tests being normal, there is no problem which can be found and we call it unexplained infertility.
There are two types of infertility:
1. Primary infertility- Primary infertility is when the couple has never conceived
2. Secondary infertility- Secondary infertility is when the couple had a child but cannot conceive again, or the couple has conceived, has had an abortion but there is no conception again.
When should a couple consult or take treatment for infertility?
Usually if the ovum is young, if she is below 28 years she can wait for one year after trying to consult an Infertility Specialist. Even after one year if the couple doesn't conceive inspite of having regular sexual intercourse without having birth control measures they should see an Infertility specialist.
Now there are certain conditions where a couple irrespective of the duration of marriage or age should see a doctor immediately. So, what are those conditions? In the female, if she is having any problems regarding her menstrual cycle, suppose her menstrual cycles are irregular or she is getting very scanty bleeding or scantimensis or she has very severe pain during mensis or otherwise if she had a surgery where her one ovary is removed or a problem of polycystic ovarian disease which is very common today the she needs to see a Gynaec immediately. If she has recurrent abortions, that is, she can conceive but cannot carry the pregnancy to 9 months then definitely there is something wrong with her so she has to consult an Infertility specialist.
What are the causes in a male?
A male, if he has had a surgery in the testes or if he has a history of a disease called mumps in his childhood, or if he has a low sperm count or he cannot feel his testis in his scrotum then he needs to see a Fertility specialist.
For further information on this topic of Infertility or if you are planning to conceive, you can consult me on Lybrate.com.