Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pediatricians online in Chandigarh. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Maulik Contractor
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Maulik ContractorYour feedback matters!
Hello doctor, My son is just 4 month. And he sneezing, coughing from last night. We are on Travelling Any syrup or remedy for this? As he is still feeding from mother. Because few days ago his mother had same problem. Can viral can affect from Mother to child by feeding? Please suggest me. Aur is the ranu syrup for above problem?
My baby is 1 year and 2 months old. She doesn't have anything accept milk. But she is really active. She has only 1 tooth. Please tell me what should be given to her for her growth.
My son is going to complete 6 months this 30 th March. Till now only breast feeding is being done. After how many days we should start feed him outside foods. What kind of ingredients we should give. Kindly give suggestions of detail food chart along with water and breastfeeding.
I have 16 days old grandson and his left eye has started watering. Doctor has told us that duct in the eye is not fully opened and it will take some time. His eye lids get sticked after sleeping and we do cleaning with boiled cooled water. Doctor has given us a antibiotic' tobramycin. Sir how many days it will take for fully opening of eye duct. Is pricking can be done on such a small kid.
My Daughter has just turned 22 months and there are no signs of speaking words as yet. She plays on bed and on floor and sometimes looks at pictures in her rhymes book while at other times, watches rhymes on TV/Phone. She eats all her meals well. What is the normal age at which a child starts uttering words?
Upper respiratory infection (URI) is a condition, which involves illness, mainly caused by critical infection in the upper respiratory tract. This region includes the pharynx, larynx, nose and sinus. This infection causes diseases, such as tonsillitis (tonsils get inflamed), pharyngitis (causes sore throat) sinusitis (nasal passage becomes inflamed), laryngitis (voice box in your throat gets inflamed) and common cold.
Causes of upper respiratory infection (URI):
- Both virus and bacteria cause upper respiratory infection (URI). The most common form of virus causing this infection is known as 'rhinovirus.'
- The immune system of young adults and children are often very vulnerable. Hence, they are more likely to develop upper respiratory tract infection.
- URI is also contagious and airborne in nature. So if a person comes in contact with an infected person suffering from URI, he/she is likely to develop this infection.
- Not washing hands before meals can also cause upper respiratory infection because the virus can be transferred easily to the mouth and can travel into your system.
- If you have any lung problem or heart disease, you are more likely to be susceptible to upper respiratory infection.
- Those who already have inflamed tonsils can trigger tonsillitis by drinking any cold or spicy beverage like ice-creams or cold milkshakes.
- Exposure to some flu or cold can cause pharyngitis. It can also be caused by second hand smoking.
- Birth defects or structural defects in the nasal cavity or nasal polyps can cause sinusitis. Sometimes the inside part of the nose may get swollen due to common cold and block your ducts. This is a common cause for sinusitis.
Symptoms of acute upper respiratory infection:
- Congestion in the lungs or nasal area.
- Whooping cough
- Running nose due to common cold.
- Feelings of fatigue and lethargy throughout the day.
- Your body will start aching without engaging in any physical exercise.
- You can also lose consciousness in severe respiratory tract infections.
- Difficulty in breathing.
- Oxygen levels in blood drop down drastically.
Sometimes in worse cases, acute upper respiratory tract infection (URI) can also cause respiratory failure, respiratory arrest and congestive heart failure. Therefore, it is necessary to book an appointment with a doctor as soon as you start experiencing the above symptoms. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a pulmonologist.