Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Chandigarh and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Management of Emergency Conditions
Manual Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Kasturi Lal Garg GargYour feedback matters!
Maybe your nightly glass of wine has turned into two or three. Or you're overdoing it on the beer and have the paunch to prove it.
Whether you want to clean up your diet or you're trying to nip a potential issue in the bud, giving up alcohol can be tough—but the benefits make it worth the effort!
Taking a break from drinking alcohol—even if it's just for a couple of weeks—is a good idea, especially if you're regularly consuming more than the recommended daily limit. That limit is generally defined as a drink a day for women, and two for men. Keep in mind though, never attempt to detox from alcohol on your own. Always consult your Psychiatrist before abruptly stopping alcohol.
Here's what you can expect to happen, both short- and long-term, if you give up alcohol:
1. You'll sleep more soundly. Drinking before bed increases alpha wave patterns in the brain—a kind of cerebral activity that usually occurs when you're awake but resting. The result? Disrupted sleep. A review of 27 studies found, that while alcohol may help people fall asleep more quickly and deeply at first, it seriously meddles with sleep quality after the initial restful period. You may toss and turn a bit at first, but give up alcohol and the sleep you get will likely leave you feeling more refreshed and sharp the next day. The byproducts of better sleep: improved mood, concentration, and mental performance.
2. You'll consume less at dinner. Alcohol is one of the biggest drivers of excess food intake. Alcohol is frequently paired with mostly fried and other junk food, which is extremely unhealthy.
3. You may feel new sugar cravings. Sugar boosts levels of the "reward" chemical dopamine, which fuels feelings of pleasure. Alcohol does the same thing. So it's very possible that when you give up one substance that causes happy-making chemicals to float around your brain, you'll be more likely to reach for the other. Don't be surprised if you try to get that same enjoyment or rush you used to get after a drink from something sweet.
4. Pounds will start to fall off. Alcohol has a sneaky way of increasing your daily calorie intake without you realizing it. One study found men consume an additional 433 calories on those days they drink a "moderate" amount of alcohol. For women, it's 300 calories. Cut those from your diet—and don't replace them with desserts—and you'll start to lost weight without much effort.
5. Hello, clear complexion. Within a few days, you'll notice your skin looking and feeling more hydrated. That's because alcohol is a diuretic, causing you to urinate more. Alcohol also decreases the body's production of antidiuretic hormone, which helps the body reabsorb water. (Less water in the body equals parched-looking skin.) Ruddiness in your cheeks and around your nose may also start to fade, and other skin conditions—such as dandruff, eczema, or rosacea—may also improve.
6. You'll have more money. Drinking—especially a fine wine or scotch habit—is an expensive undertaking. Take a moment to crunch the numbers, adding up what you spend for drinks both at home and out on the town (factoring in tax and tip). It can be an eye-opening—and motivating—exercise.
7. You'll have amazing sex. Alcohol and sex have always had an uneasy relationship with one another. On the one hand, they certainly seem to hook up more often in each other’s presence. On the other hand, those hook-ups aren’t always totally satisfying.
Alcohol can sometimes enhance your libido, but it simultaneously tends to reduce your ability to act on said libido. As a result, men are frequently unable to ‘get it up.’ Ladies lose sensitivity. When you quit drinking, you may find that it’s not only easier to have sober sex, it’s also much more enjoyable.
Not to mention, people who drink more engage in more risky sexual behaviors, so much so that drinking triples your odds of getting a nasty STD compared to those who don't drink. You’re also less likely to use protection. That’s because it plagues judgment and decision-making skills.
If you’re like most people, the benefits of stopping drinking could include a decrease in the sheer quantity of intercourse and a meaningful increase in the quality of your sex life. In a nutshell, quitting drinking means more orgasms, less crabs, and fewer unwanted pregnancies. That’s a win-win.
I am a 26 year male and I recently had a long distance breakup since then I am feeling like I am in depression. Whag should I do to overcome this situation?
I'm Debesie Khonglah From Meghalaya, Shillong. I'm 23 years old and I have a problem that I could not concentrate on my work. My question is How to improve my concentration level? Thank you.
Hi, I always remain in a state of anxiety. I think too much about everything and try to be perfect and also do everything in perfect way as much as possible. I also spend more time doing any task. I can't focus on something if I haven't completed tasks in order. I always try to follow a certain routine but couldn't because of lack of time. I always make plans but never able to implement. Please help me for above problems via detailed explanation. Also pls let me know if it is bad or not? Thanks.
To get rid of smoking he is chewing nicotine gum for the last one year. Can chewing nicotine gum affect his health.
I am not able concentrate in my study. I have always fear of my girlfriend will leave me, as she always threatening me like that. Now I am pursuing ca and also doing job. So, I need to study hardly, but there is always a fear in my mind and a pain in my heart. Beacuse of that I am not able to concentrate. Please help how I can overcome this.
I am 30 years old. My son is 8 years old. He behaves very aggressively even with the elders of house. I am worried because of his disrespectful nature, disobedience and foul language. Even when he is happy he finds a reason to be sad. Also does not want to study, always starts crying. His father completes his all demands but he has no value of it. I am afraid to take him along to somebody's place because he might behave rudely. please help me understand the cause for his behaviour. His grandparents also live with us. When he is in aggression he is not aware of what he is speaking.
Goodmorning sir, I am financially depression. Income and exp. Not tallied. How control it. My wife not support me. Always problem.
I am very much stressed out nowadays. And I can't find any way to come over the stress. Can you give me aome tips to overcome this stress?
I think 24*7 negative, and I do not know why I think so much negative right from childhood but please help me to be optimistic and also let me know the cause of my pessimism. I am tired of this negative shit and I am unable to get rid of it.
Sir mam I had a phobia related to facial nerve palsy although there is nothing like that on my face but when I start comparing my face step by step fear is so overwhelming it start accompanying the same that there is something how should I get out from it I want to love my face as want to be confident that there is nothing like that it's just a fear phobia please recommend me some to over come.
I am a 28 years old man. My problem is that lots of thoughts go in my mind, even though when I watch T. V or working or outing, these thoughts don't stop they just keep coming, sometime I get depressed to because of these. Tell me how to stop this. Does it happens to everyone?
Please help me. I am very depressed as when I go to the bad I can't sleep. What is the reason and solution of it.
Nowadays I am feeling very low and depressed. Things going on in my personal and professional life are bothering me more tgan they should. It feels like crying out loud. I am not able to handle past and when I try to stop mixing it with my present. I fail. Cant find a way out!
I am having a severe fever since yesterday and headache. I am a student and need to study. But with this type o condition I can not study. So what should I do. Please help me.
I am feeling anxious and depressed. I can not understand the reason. I am sad in general. I have a satisfactory job and no personal or family problem. Please help.
Combat with your anxiety issues.
Consider these suggestions.
- When we are anxious our thoughts race, our hearts pounds, our breathing accelerates. So at the first sign of it see what all you can do to intentionally slow things down.
- Anxiety lives in our minds and often manifests in the body that's why you are feeling dryness of your mouth, fast heart beats, racing thoughts etc. So take a few moments to connect with your five senses, it will help bring you back into the moment.
- Be mindful while doing simple tasks, like walking, eating, reading, cooking etc. Being mindful helps remind us we are in control of our choices.
- Be aware of your thought process. When you have a negative thought, ask yourself" is this thought true? chances are your worst fears are not the reality of what's happening.
- Be aware of your triggers. If you know your triggers, you can prepare soothing practices better. When the mind feels prepared, it's more at ease.