Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chandigarh and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Kamna Nagpal NagpalYour feedback matters!
I am 20 years old and I have concern regarding my breasts i. E whatever dress I wear my nipples are popped out to dress and easily visible. Request you to advise me on what measures to be taken to avoid it completely so that I am able to wear any type of dress.
I am 26 years female in home pregnancy test fainline shown in result window next day only single line on window sir I am pregnant or not.
I am 28 year old woman. I got married 2 years ago. My sex life is good I want to get pregnant. Is it compulsory to have sex within 10-20 days after periods. How many chances to get pregnant after this period. Usually we come together after this please tell me.
When it comes to sexually transmitted diseases or STDs, there is no doubt that prevention is better than cure. Contrary to popular belief, STDs do not spread only through intercourse. STDs can also spread by skin to skin contact. The easiest way to prevent STDs is by abstaining from sex or being in a monogamous relationship with an uninfected person. This may not be possible for many men. Hence, let's take a look at alternatives to prevent sexual diseases.
1. Get tested - Most STDs can be easily tested for and treated. Thus, it is a good idea to regularly get yourself tested if you have more than one sexual partner. Your partner should ideally also get tested for STDs. However, remember that herpes and the human papillomavirus do not show up on STD tests.
2. Avoid sex under the influence of alcohol or drugs - When inebriated, you may not make the best decisions. Decisions made at this stage are usually rash and not thought out. Thus, you may forget to ask the other person if she has been tested for STDs.
3. Vaccinations - Vaccinations can be effective against some types of STDs. The HPV vaccine can be given to boys as young as 11 years until they turn 26. Other vaccines that protect men from STDs are Hepatitis A and hepatitis B vaccinations.
4. Use condoms - Condoms are the only way to protect yourself against the transference of STDs during intercourse. A condom should be used even if the woman is using an alternate form of birth control. Never reuse a condom and do not use an oil based lubricants with a condom. Before using a condom always check to ensure the condom is not punctured in any way and that it is within the expiry period. A condom should be used for oral, vaginal and anal sex. However, this does not prevent the transmission of STDs like syphilis, herpes and HPV.
5. Communicate with your partner - It is a good idea to share your sexual history with your partner. This creates an environment where you can discuss getting tested for STDs before engaging in intercourse. You must reach an explicit agreement about what forms of intercourse both of you are comfortable with. It is also a good idea to discuss a possible monogamous relationship with your partner.
6. Circumcision - Male circumcision is said to reduce a man's risk of contracting STDs like HIV, genital herpes and genital HPV. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
I am 18 years old girl I want know monopaz and what I can do that my periods come on time and I am in a relation and I do every week sex.
Do the frequent changes in the season really affect your body and food habits?
A big YES!
Selection of appropriate food according to seasonal change is very important for staying healthy. In modern times, most fresh fruits and veggies are available round the year, however, the nutritional content is much less in the non-seasonal fruits and vegetables. An update of your eating habits consistently is a must to stimulate energy level of your body.
Here are some key dietary behaviors that must be considered while choosing the perfect diet plan for different seasons-
- Cherish the novelty of Spring
In spring, the green leafy vegetables with their fresh, tender leaves represent the arrival of the new season. These must be added to your menu that must include such lettuce, parsley, spinach, basil and fruits like strawberries, apricot, blueberries, peaches, and cherries etc. Try to consume less amount of salt in this season.
- Take Delight in the cool squash of Summer
Due to excessive heat in the summers, it is recommended to adhere to the watery, cool and light diet. Include seasonal fruits like watermelon, plums, melons, cherries, vegetables such as tomatoes, cucumber, mint etc in your regular diet. Restore your energy with cool, refreshing drinks such as fresh juices, coconut water, milk shakes etc. Drink lots and lots of water during the summers.
- Relish the freshness of Raindrops
The Monsoon season comes with lots of lip smacking food items. In this season, many people face dyspepsia problems so pick up foods that are easily digestible. Avoid consumption of watery foods, heavy meals, meat and fish. Eat gram flour, brown rice, barley, corn, oats, garlic, ginger, turmeric, yogurt and fruits like pomegranate and apple.
- Savor the crisp sunshine of Autumn
Consumption of warm harvest food products is appropriate for this season. Veggies like onion, fenugreek, garlic, pumpkin and fruits such as banana, pears, apple, cranberries work well in this season. Spices, nuts and seasonings like cinnamon, mustard seeds, walnuts, and peppercorns are a must in the autumn months.
- Enjoy the warmness of Winter season
As soon as the cold winter seeps in, you must eat warm nutritional foods. In the winter months, the guiding principle is that the foods that are slow to grow are more warming than the ones that grow rather quickly. This means you can take foods like lamb, fish and chicken and root vegetables like onion, garlic, potato and carrots. You can also take sesame, corn, fenugreek and milk products that are good sources of nutrition. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.
Sir mne sex karne k bad unwanted 72 li. Uske bad muje normal period hue 1 wek bad. Test b negative h .pregnancy h ya nhi.
Does daily sex effect the health of women and can one have sex during menses? Lastly how to increase breast size in women.
Women suffer from a range of gynaecological problems ranging from menstrual irregularities and fertility issues to menopause and STD (Sexually Transmitted Disease). In most cases, it is an imbalance of hormones that cause gynaecological problems and strong medication is not required. Homeopathy is a holistic form of alternative medication that takes into account the physical, mental and emotional symptoms of a patient and addresses the root of the problem. It has negligible side effect and hence can be prescribed for women of all ages. During a woman’s teenage years, homeopathy can help regulate hormone production and hence treat associated puberty changes and skin conditions like acne. In her later years, homeopathy can also help treat fertility issues as well as ease pregnancy-related issues. Here are a few gynaecological problems that can be treated with homeopathy.
Irregular Menstruation- Pulsatilla and sepia are excellent remedies for treating menstrual difficulties. Pulsatilla can be used to treat missed periods as well as excessive bleeding and painful periods. In most cases, the women who benefit from this remedy are emotional, timid, thirstless and averse to fats. Sepia is used to treat early or scanty menses in cases where women also complain of being tired, irritable and prefer solitude.
Fertility Issues- Problems that arise out of a weak uterus such as infertility or miscarriages in the first trimester can be treated with Caulophyllum. In such cases, the woman often complains of pain and stiffness in the joints and has erratic mood swings. A loss of libido caused by excessive alcohol, drugs or sex can be treated with Agnus castus.
Pregnancy Related Issues- Cimicifuga can be used to treat nervous mothers who worry excessively about the foetus and tend to suffer from rheumatic pains. Morning sickness is a common complaint of pregnant women and can be treated with Ipecacuanha.
Postpartum Depression- After giving birth to their baby, many women suffer from postpartum depression and feel disconnected to their baby. This can be treated with Nux Vomica and Lilium Tigrinum. The former helps treat ambitious women who may feel resentful of having had to give up their careers because of the new born baby. Lilium Tigrinum is used to treat depression that involves constant weeping and irritability.
Menopause- Menopause affects every woman in a different way. Lachesis is a homeopathic remedy that can be used to treat hot flushes, palpitations and feelings of being suffocated while asleep. Excessive menses and a tendency to haemorrhage can be treated with ustilago. This can also be used to treat uterine fibroids. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath and ask a free question.
One of the most common queries faced by doctors dealing with pregnancies are risks associated with having sex during the gestation and post-partum periods. Such doubts arise from both genuine concern and also from several superstitions and myths.
As a matter of fact, having sex during pregnancy is perfectly normal and safe. However, keeping in mind the changes the woman is going through, there are a few specific do's and don'ts you need to follow while having sex during pregnancy.
- Be aware: Pay attention to the doctor's evaluation of the expecting mother's condition. Many pregnancy risks can be predicted at an early stage. Abstain in case of predictions pointing to a risky gestation period and/ or delivery. Get yourself tested regularly, so that there is no possibility of transmitting infections to the expecting mother.
- Enjoy foreplay: Pregnancy normally results in increased sensation in the erotogenic zones. Foreplay is a great way to relieve a woman's tension and she will enjoy your touch more than ever.
- Pay attention to your partner's needs and reactions: Women have to go through a lot during pregnancy like fatigue all the time, along with sudden nausea and extreme mood swings. So, paying more attention to your partner's needs and reactions will help make the act more enjoyable for both of you.
- Don't go for multiple partners: Multiple partners increase the risk of infections. It is not advisable to have sex with multiple partners during this time.
- Don't Use sex toys: Use of sex toys during pregnancy is discouraged as it increases the risk of infections.
- Don't Try risky positions and maneuvers: Please keep your desires for exotic positions in check. Risque behavior can lead to injuries.
- Don't Keep yourself ahead of her: It is perfect idiocy to keep your desires ahead of the needs and desires of the love of your life. By putting yourself ahead of her you will not only negatively affect her mental health, but her physical health as well.
- Do not mix drugs with intimacy: Use of intoxicants during her pregnancy to enhance your senses will put the healthy growth and delivery of the child in jeopardy. A number of birth defects in children are the result of using intoxicating substance use during pregnancy.
I have my irregular periods. M married since two years. When I got intimation with my husband I had lots of pain in my body nd feel weak why this happens.
With an upsurge in the number of women suffering from dysfunctional reproductive systems and a myriad of gynecological problems, resulting in irregular periods, infertility and several other complications, it is of paramount importance to keep a record of the dates and duration of your monthly cycles. This is not only useful for future reference when you visit a gynecologist, but it also helps you to understand if there are delays in period or excess of bleeding in any particular month.
Why is tracking your menstrual cycles important?
Keeping a track of the menstrual cycles is a mandatory exercise for women who are thinking about pregnancy or those trying to avoid it. It is advisable to abstain from intercourse for a few days before and after the period, which is the prime time for ovulation. Keeping track of your periods gives you a clear indicator of whether you have become pregnant because delay in the menstrual onset implies pregnancy. The reverse is also true; if you are trying to get pregnant, conception is usually fruitful on these days of maximum ovulation, which you can easily calculate based on your well maintained menstrual record.
How should you go about keeping track of your menstruation?
While it not possible to note down every possible aspect of the menstruation in a notebook, the easiest way of maintaining a planner is to mark the first day of each period on the calendar. The difference between two consecutive periods will give you your cycle lengths.
In addition you can choose to make a note of how heavy the bleeding is, or if there are changes in mood and appetite on those days. You will then be well prepared for your next visit to the gynecologist.
My friend had sex with his girl friend 1 week back. They not used condom. Aftrt sex that girl had nowill pill (ipill. Is there any chance to get pregnancy? Please tell me some other technique to avoid pregnancy.
There are many kinds of food items that can do us a world of good. But there are certain man made food items that are synthetic in nature, and have more demerits than merits when it comes to our health. There is a long standing debate on the merits of various beverages, including soft drinks and alcohol.
Which one is the healthier choice?
To begin with, we cannot avoid a good beverage during social interactions, so we would do well to make a healthier choice. Here are the details about the healthier choice between alcohol and soft drinks.
- Kilo calories: It is a well-known fact that both alcohol and soft drinks have plenty of kilo calories with one cola containing over 1000 kilojoules as they are known. Yet, as per this parameter, it would be a healthier choice if you were to choose soft drinks because even though they both have the same amount of calories, one tends to drink soft drinks at a slower pace, which means that you consume less of it. Once you start enjoying an alcoholic drink, you tend to take more of them and much faster. Also, alcohol makes you hungry, which implies that you start reaching out for various kinds of snacks and other unhealthy food. In such cases, you will tend to gain weight much faster if you choose alcohol every time. This will not really be the case when you choose soft drinks.
- Toxins: The way alcohol is brewed ensures that it carries a whole lot of toxins, which are not good for your liver and heart in the long run. These toxins can easily clog your arteries and create complications for the functioning of the liver as well.
- Glycemic index: This is the count that is accorded to the level of insulin resistance in one’s drink of choice. For alcohol, the glycemic resistance is much higher, which means that you have better insulin resistance as compared to other soft drinks, which are high in sugar content. Therefore, it makes alcohol a highly unhealthy choice, which can also result in diabetes in the long run, if one ingests too much of it.
- Nutrition: From the nutrition point of view, cola and other soft drinks have absolutely no nutritional value because processed sugar is one of the main components. This will give rise to the toxin influx in the body and bring down the insulin resistance, which makes you susceptible to diseases like diabetes. Therefore, it would be healthier to have a beer rather than a cola because it has a small amount of protein due to the ingredients used when it is brewed for consumption. It also has some amount of antioxidants and potassium. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.