Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Chandigarh and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. K.P.SinghYour feedback matters!
My eyes number is constantly increasing. I am near sightedness person. Can you tell me how to control eye weakness.
A old man gave a drug to my wife on the name of some type of medicine. After taking this, she is behaving like mental patient. She is talking with herself & heavy headache is going on. She is feeling like burning fire in her stomach & eyes. Please suggest me some medicine in order to get rid of this.
I am having red itchy eyes all of a sudden, having a feel like some particles has got stuck in my eyes. At night specially itches a lot and in the morning I woke up with sticky watery discharge. What to do? Does it requires any treatment or it'll go gradually? Any tips please.
I have been suffering with eye dryness problem since 4 years all the doctors I have seen till now recommend tears forming drops like refresh tears but I am not getting any benefit from any of these drops and they are continuously saying that it cant be cure the only solution is take precautions please give me some fruitfull advise.
I have red eyes from seven days and I feel uncomfortable while studying for longer time in front of books.
I have problems in sunlight and strong lights. It stress my eyes and I feel I am in very bright condition even there is not much light. What should I do?
I am 27 years old male. My left eye upper lid is shivering many times in a day. It is happening from 3 years. Please help me with any remedies in Ayurveda.
I with in an IT firm. I have been working in IT since 6+ years. I wear spectacles with power 3, 3.5 right, left respectively. My left eye vision is a bit blurred without specs. Even though I got eyes tested recently the power is still the same, but blurred vision still exists. Any suggestions?
I'm 45 years old today when I was spraying deodorant (axe) it had gone into my eyes and it was my first time to spray deodorant .it was burning in my eyes and I can't open my right eye at all what is the first aid ,and what treatment I have to take.
I am a 25 year old male. For the last 2 weeks, I am not getting proper sleep and thus my eyes are burning when I am closing them when I am laying down. Is there any way to get proper sleep naturally?
I am 22 years old. I have a problem related to my eye. In my eye like a dundruf come on it. Should I do.
I am 25 year old. My eyelids are feeling heavy for few days. Can not open them comfortably. please suggest some cure.
There are many kinds of conditions that affect the eyes and make vision difficult - temporarily or even permanently. Uveitis is one such condition that causes eye inflammation in the middle layer of the tissue that resides in the wall of the eye - also known as the Uvea. The progression of the condition is sudden and the symptoms, quite painful.
Let us get to know more with this article:
- Causes: To understand any condition and how it is to be treated, one must first understand the causes of the said condition. While the specific causes behind the onset of Uveitis are not clear, this inflammatory disorder may be caused as a side effect of others like an autoimmune disorder including those like ankylosing spondylitis or even sarcoidosis. Also, infections such as cat scratch disease, syphilis (learn more about syphilis problem), West Nile virus and others may cause this kind of inflammatory condition that also affects the eyes. Lymphoma is also a kind of cancer that can be found in the eyes, which can create Uveitis. Finally, eye injuries and surgeries may cause this condition too.
- Symptoms: This condition has a variety of symptoms that may flare up suddenly. There are very few cases in which these symptoms start and progress gradually. Redness and pain in the eyes is one of the most commonly experienced symptoms while decreased vision and sensitivity towards glares of light may also be felt by people suffering from this condition. One may also see dark spots floating around and the vision may get blurred as an effect.
- Onset of Symptoms: The symptoms usually depend to a great degree on the part of the eye that gets affected by this condition. The Uvea also consists of the iris, the choroid, and the ciliary body even as it enables blood flow to the deep layers of the retina.
- Medication: In order to treat mild to moderate cases, the ophthalmologist may prescribe anti-inflammatory medication like corticosteroids, as well as bacteria fighting medicines like antibiotics. Also, immunosuppressants can be used to deal with slightly more severe cases.
- Surgery: Very severe cases will require surgical procedures like a Vitrectomy to remove the vitreous in the eye for better management of the condition. Also, with surgery, the doctor can implant a device that leads to a slow release of medication on a constant basis so that the treatment and prevention of the condition goes on, unhindered. Yet, this method can also come with side effects like the onset of glaucoma.
The severity of the symptoms as well as the extent of the damage will pretty much determine the speed of your recovery as far as this condition is concerned.
I am having headache in evry night from since last 3 months. I am using specs, is this serious or just normal headache? If serious then what to do? Please help.
I have itchy eyes since 2 days also my left eye swells up once in 2 months mostly in the night when I scratch it. Don't understand What's the reason but I always have this itchy eyes issue. Even while having cold it starts itching. It's gets b irritating Kindly help.
Eyes do more than we give them credit for and require more care than what we actually give them mostly. It isn't very difficult to ensure that your eyes are healthy and taken care of.
Here are 7 ways to care for your eyes everyday.
1) Splash water - Always clean your eyes with cold (filtered) water, from time to time. The clean water washes the eyes and keeps them healthy and free of diseases.
2) Don’t look into the sun - Never look into the sunlight directly. In fact, avoid looking at any sort of light that is harsh on the eyes. Direct rays of any kind of bright light can have damaging effect on the retina.
3) Get eyes examined - Have regular eye exams to check for diabetes and high blood pressure, if these health problems already exist in the family.
4) Do not smoke - People who smoke are more risk of having age-related eye problems.
5) Exercise your eyeballs - Roll the eyeballs up and down, and lift and right without moving your position. Repeat this exercise about 5 to 10 times. This helps relax the muscles in your eyes.
6) Distance eyes from screens - If you work on the computer, make sure there is enough distance between the screen and your eyes. Sit at least 22-28 inches away from the screen. The same applies while using smartphones and tablets. Do not view the screen from too close. Viewing the screen from too near as well as from too far; can increase the strain in your eyes.
7) Give them a break - People who work on the computer all day should ensure that they rest their eyes after regular intervals. Look in a long distance every few minutes.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.