Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Chandigarh and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Flexible Partial Dentures Procedure
Acrylic Dentures Procedure
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Harleen OberoiYour feedback matters!
My Teeth sensitivity when I drink cold water? That teeth has black color? Will it be remove dentist? please tell me.
I think my teeth r not properly aligned. That's why I want to get braces. Bt I love chewing gums. How should I manage?
Ulcer problem every time in my mouth ulcer is observed after tongue n cheek cut by my teeth those place ulcer make.
I am 25 year old and I had addiction of tobacco last 10 year but currently I was leave addiction. But my mouth not opened very well. Also my tounge is short. Now I have not any problem with mouth and in last 7 year I got two time mouth ulcer and one time symtoms. So I want to open my mouth and want good mouth in future. So can you please tell me your opinion like what I need to do? so last 10 year my addiction not affect in future. Thank you.
My age is 33 years. I have some dental problems firstly due to plaque my gum pushed down at some places. I had done scaling many times but after some time this problem reappear. Second, in upper jaw right premolar and molar sides turn grayish. And while I eat some of the food material always got stuck in between these. Some time blood also comes while brushing. I have done scaling 10 days back and dentist also taken x-ray of my upper jaw right premolar and molar for any caries in tooth. But he told that there is no requirement of rct even filling. But still sometimes blood comes from there and I feel some cavity. Kindly suggest what should I do now ?
Hi I have pain on my left upper jaw and due to which feel facial Pain as well on left Head Skull and it remains on for entire day. I have this pain for last 15 years and done already MRI and found nothing. Now one of doctor has advised me to have Nerve Block treatment. Would like to know if it is safe or will have side-effects on my future life. My age is 45. Request your confirmation.
I am 18 years old male. Bloods are coming during brushing and a smell from mouth. Please help what I can do for it?
Teeth are one of the most precious parts of the human body. By playing a significant functional and structural role in aesthetics, facial appearance, and food habits, digestion and chewing, all efforts at maintaining them should be undertaken. As we all know, we have two sets of teeth, primary or deciduous and the permanent set. Let us discuss tooth removal in these two sets separately.
In the primary teeth, the main indication would be dental decay. If the tooth is severely damaged beyond repair with fillings, then removal could be an option, with two things considered. The primary successor will erupt within the next 6 months; if not, a space maintainer would be put in place.
Another reason would be if the tooth is beyond its lifecycle and is blocking the eruption of the successor, then it requires removal.
The permanent teeth, however, are a set that are meant to last for a lifetime and removal should be considered only as a last resort. With advances in dental treatment methods, gone are the days when removal would be an option for severe decay.
Some of the absolute indications for removal would be:
- Wisdom teeth: if it is erupting in abnormal position (flattened or crooked), then removing them to avoid infection and impingement on other teeth needs to be considered. Wisdom teeth infection is one of the most common causes requiring tooth removal.
- Recurrent infections: If a tooth has been root canal treated, but continues to have ongoing chronic infection, it could be a case for removal.
- Malformed or supernumerary teeth: These may also block eruption of other teeth into the mouth.
- Orthodontic treatment: In cases where the jaw size is really not sufficient to realign the mal-positioned or crooked teeth, the first premolar is often sacrificed, and this space is used to align the other teeth.
- Injuries: In case of accidents or injuries with jaw fractures, teeth in the line of fracture may need to be removed.
- Preparation for dentures: In cases of severe periodontal disease, where the mobility of the teeth is high and complete dentures are being considered as an option, teeth removal may be planned. Also, if there are teeth which are in the line of fixed partial dentures, again removal might be planned
- Radiation therapy: For head and neck cancer patients, if there are teeth in the line of radiation, then removal might be planned.
Unlike in the earlier years, the absolute indications for removing tooth have changed. A thorough examination, both oral and radiological, should be done before zeroing on extraction.