Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chandigarh and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Gurinder Kaur BhatiaYour feedback matters!
Excessive fat in the body can cause a host of health complications such as diabetes, blood pressure, gout and disorders related to the gallbladder. However, there are certain food types that can help you achieve a healthy body with optimal fat levels.
Some foods that aid fat loss are:
- Greek yoghurt: This type of yoghurt contains higher amounts of protein and fewer carbohydrates as compared to regular yoghurt. It will help you feel full for a longer duration and prevent over snacking.
- Green tea: Apart from its antioxidant properties which are beneficial to the body, it also raises the metabolic rate in the body to burn calories. Catechin is a compound present in green tea that aids in removing belly fat.
- Chili peppers: They contain a compound containing capsaicin that helps in boosting metabolism which in turn burns fat.
- Chicken: Chicken mostly consists of lean protein that requires more calories to digest as compared to digesting fats and carbohydrates. Lean protein also help build muscle in the body which burn more calories when the body is at rest.
- Cinnamon: Cinnamon aids the body in transporting the sugar into the cells so that it can be used as energy and not stored as fat.
- Eggs: Eggs are considered to be a type of super food as they contain plenty of minerals and vitamins. Eggs also contain protein that helps in feeling full for a longer duration.
- Non starchy vegetables: Non starchy vegetables such as carrots, squash and zucchini contain fiber that help you feel fuller. They also contain very less carbohydrates so they do not add much calorific value to the body.
Respected Doctor. My wife is 6 and half months pregnant. She is suffering from white discharge since 1 and half months. She has consulted local gynaecologist. She is receiving treatment. Being worried she has consulted three local gynaecologist. Even after 1and half months treatment she is not satisfied. She has been prescribed per vaginal pessaries. Both antifungal & antibacterial (clindamicin. Clotrimazole. Oral antibiotics. Antispasmodics. Etc. After all the treatment symptoms resolved by 50%--60%. But still white discharge continues. The patient herself is gynaecologist & myself is pediatrician couples. Kindly guide us. Will this white discharge continue till delivery. Is there any risk of intra-uterine infection. What to do? this is our precious and first successful pregnancy. Kindly give your valuable opinion and advice. Is this leucorrhoea physiological or pathological? kindly help.
लड़कियों में चरम आनंद या आर्गैज़्म
जब किसी लड़की को चरम आनंद महसूस होता है, तो योनि और गुदा के आस-पास पेड़ू तल (पेल्विक फ्लोर) की मांसपेशियां एक साथ लयबद्ध तरीके से सिकुड़ती हैं, तनाव में आती हैं और ढीली पड़ती हैं।
कभी-कभार गर्भाशय भी सिकुड़ता है और फैलता है। इस संकुचन से पेडू़ में बहुत अधिक आनंद महसूस होता है।
कुछ लड़कियां तो यह आनंद अपने पूरे शरीर में महसूस करती हैं। यह चरम आनंद आपके पूरे शरीर को रोमांचित कर सकता है।
एक से अधिक बार आर्गैज़्म
लड़कियां एक साथ एक से अधिक बार आर्गैज़्म महसूस कर सकती हैं, जिनके बीच अंतर बहुत कम हो सकता है। ऐसा इसलिए संभव है क्योंकि आर्गैज़्म के 10 से 15 सेकेंड बाद टिठनी अपने सामान्य आकार में आ जाती है। और यह फिर से उत्तेजना के लिए तैयार हो जाती है। लड़कों को वीर्यपात के बाद सामान्य होने में इससे अधिक देर लगती है।
आर्गैज़्म महसूस करते समय कुछ लड़कियों की योनि से तरल की धार निकलती है। यह पेशाब नहीं होती, बल्कि योनिस्राव योनि का तरल पदार्थ होता है।
लड़कियां किस प्रकार आर्गैज़्म महसूस कर सकती हैं ?
टिठनी को सहलाएं, उदाहरण के तौर पर उसे उंगली से या जीभ से महसूस कर ऐसा किया जा सकता है। अधिकांश लड़कियों को केवल योनि-सेक्स करने से आर्गैज़्म महसूस नहीं होता। क्योंकि योनि तुलनात्मक रूप से कम संवेदनशील होती है, और केवल योनि में लिंग के अंदर-बाहर होने से टिठनी को पर्याप्त उत्तेजना नहीं मिल पाती। उंगली से सहलाना और मुख मैथुन भी देखें।
कुछ लड़कियों में जी-स्पोट भी मौज़ूद होता है। यह, योनि के तीन-पांच सें. मी. अंदर सामने वाली सतह पर सिक्के के आकार का एक क्षेत्र होता है। कुछ लड़कियों के लिए इसका कोई खास महत्व नहीं होता, लेकिन दूसरों के लिए यह विषेश संवेदनशील होता है। इसे उंगली द्वारा या कुछ विशेष आसनों में मैथुन करते समय उत्तेजित किया जा सकता है।
स्तन और सेक्स
स्तन और खासकर उनके निप्पल, छूने के प्रति संवेदनशील होते हैं और आपके उत्तेजित होने पर कड़े तथा बड़े हो जाते हैं। निप्पल के चारों ओर का घेरा फूल जाता है और उनका रंग अधिक गहरा हो जाता है, तथा वहां की चमड़ी ऊबड़-खाबड़ हो जाती है। कई लड़कियों को सेक्स के समय अपने स्तन और निप्पल सहलाया जाना पसंद है। आपके साथी ऐसा करने के लिए अपनी उंगलियों, होठों, जीभ या दांतों का भी प्रयोग कर सकते हैं। जब स्तनों को छुआ जाता है तो उसका असर आपको योनि में महसूस होता है, जिसमें चिकनाई या गीलापन आ जाता है। यदि आपके स्तनों और भग को साथ-साथ छुआ-सहलाया जाए, तो विषेश आनंद महसूस हो सकता है।
सेक्स के बाद की यौन क्रिया
सेक्स करने के बाद एक-दूसरे के पास-पास लेटना, सहलाना और बातें करना अच्छा लगता है। खासकर कई लड़कियों को सेक्स के बाद की जाने वाली यौन क्रिया बहुत ज़रूरी लगती है।
How two condom at a time we can use what are you saying please let me know correctly I didn't get it what you had said and also let me know that the perfect way of having sex with gf without pregnancy problem.
Best Tips For Normal Delivery? I want to know about Normal Delivery Process? Which Process or Exercise or Food or Medicine I take?
I had done pregnancy test but 1st time was positive one with dark line and another lighter but 1 week before I had done again that test was with just one line as negative. And yesterday I got up with periods and in it some big fleshy thing is that miscarriage if yes than what if I didn't consult a doctor.
Blockage in the Fallopian tubes accounts for 40% of infertility in women, which is called Tubal Factor Infertility. Fallopian tubes are two thin tubes on each side of the uterus that aid the movement of mature eggs from the two ovaries to the uterus. Any kind of blockage in these tubes can prohibit the eggs from reaching the uterus and prevent pregnancy.
There are very few symptoms to detect blocked fallopian tubes. Some of the most common are :
- A particular type of blocked fallopian tube is known as Hydrosalpinx, which causes pain in the lower abdominal or pelvic region with abnormal vaginal discharge
- Painful periods can be a warning sign of blockage in the fallopian tubes
- Painful intercourse is also a potent indicator
- Spotting or heavy periods
- Feelings of extreme tiredness
- Pre-menstrual abdominal cramps
Once you know the symptoms, it is imperative to know the cause behind blocked fallopian tubes in order to get proper treatment.
- Pelvic inflammatory disease (PID) is the most popular cause of blockage in the fallopian tubes. It can be sexually transmitted, but not all cases of PID are linked to STDs.
- Prior abdominal surgery
- Earlier ectopic pregnancy
- Previous occurrence of ruptured appendix
- STD infections like gonorrhea and Chlamydia
- Uterine infection due to abortion or miscarriage
There are precautionary measures that can be adopted to prevent blocked fallopian tubes, which can be opened with a laparoscopic surgery or a Hysteroscopic procedure. If you are diagnosed with PID, be sure to start your treatment as soon as possible. The most important advice is to look for symptoms of blockage and get professional help if you find any.
In case you have a diseased uterus, which makes you infertile, you can undergo a procedure known as uterus transplant or uterine transplant to get pregnant. In the process of sexual reproduction, a diseased uterus does not allow embryonic implantation. This factor is referred to as uterine factor infertility or UFI. As a result, you will not be able to get pregnant.
Who requires a uterus transplant?
This procedure involves women who have UFI and women who had their uterus removed by hysterectomy. Women who have a damaged uterus on account of an injury or infection, which does not function anymore, can also undergo a uterus transplant procedure. Women from the age of 21 to 45 are eligible for this procedure. Many women are born without having a uterus. This condition is called Mayer-Rokitansky-Küster-Hauser syndrome.
Uterus transplantation begins with undertaking a uterus retrieval surgery on the uterus donor. The uterus, which is recovered has to be stored and transported to the location of the patient undergoing the transplant. An ischemic tolerance may last over 24 hours. Three major surgeries have to be carried out with the recipient. Firstly, a transplantation surgery is required in which the donor’s uterus gets transplanted. In case pregnancy develops, a caesarean section surgery has to be performed. The patient is given immune suppressive therapy. After childbirth, a hysterectomy is done in order to terminate the immune suppressive therapy.
Will the women be able to get pregnant after having sex?
Women receiving a uterus transplant will not be capable of becoming pregnant without undergoing fertility treatments. The transplanted uterus is not connected with the fallopian tubes, which is the location of the normal fertilisation process. The women will require to carry out IVF or in vitro fertilisation to become pregnant after a uterus transplant. IVF is a process in which the eggs are removed from the ovaries and get fertilised in a laboratory. Then, they are implanted in the uterus. After undergoing the uterus transplant procedure, a woman has to wait for a period of one year. The uterus requires time for healing and after recovery, the embryo may be implanted for pregnancy. After giving birth successfully, a woman will be able to keep the transplanted uterus.
She has the option to get pregnant again. However, after giving birth twice, a hysterectomy must be carried out for the removal of the uterus. This is done so that the woman can stop using the immune suppressant drugs, which are associated with major risks. Uterus transplant is a relatively new technology. In October 2014, the first healthy baby was born to a woman who had undergone a uterus transplant. This surgery is kind of experimental in nature and is usually the last option for getting pregnant.
If you wish to discuss any other problem, Consult an IVF Specialist
Hi. I had intercourse on 22nd july n consumed unwanted 72 on 24th (before 48 hours). I had it multiple times yesterday .initiated with protection but shortly shifted to condom. Can I take another pill just ti be sure. My Lmp is 17. N last period gap of 32 days.
I have just married and want no child for 2 years. My wife have suffering from thyroid problem. My age is 30 and wife age is 28 yr. Kindly suggest me any medication that is safe at both side. Is mala di is safe for that. Kindly suggest me there dose.
She do not want to take risk. Can she have I pill. Does it have any side effects. As her date of next period date is 17 jan16.
I am 17 year old and I sex with a girl with out condom tell me the solution to stop her pregnancy please give me a solution.
I m 26 years female and want to know as whenever I conceive after 2 months I had miscarriage doctors r saying that my uterus is weak. Will I be able to become a mother throughout my life?
To keep up good health, it is absolutely necessary for one to indulge in physical exercise or activities. Physical activities, in general, are linked to a host of good benefits, such as reduced stress and a healthier and better outlook, besides increasing the body's resistance against complications like heart problems, high blood pressure, diabetes and muscle pain among others problems.
Similarly, the practice of yoga is an ancient tradition well known for its health benefits. In addition, walking can further complement the practice of yoga and they can together prove to be highly advantageous, to the extent where they can be possibly regarded a better alternative to the act of gyming.
Here are a few benefits of gym workouts followed by the benefits of yoga plus walking:
Benefits of gym and other exercises:
- Keep muscles fit
- Enhance respiration and perspiration
- Helps in weight loss
- Relieve stress
- Increase appetite and food consumption
Benefits of yoga and walking:
- Keep you active throughout the day
- Help bowel movement
- Increase mind control over the body
- Improve blood circulation
- Relieve anxiety and keeps one stress free
- Can be practiced anywhere and everywhere
Although it can be argued that gym workouts are better than yoga and vice-versa, the subject matter is highly ambiguous and debatable. Since both activities are good for your health, physically as well as mentally, it is very difficult to say which one is better; perhaps a detailed comparison of the differences between the two may be more helpful:
- While gymming and other exercises focus on building the body and helping you attain the desired body figure, yoga and walking aims at regulating the entire body mechanism, with more emphasis on mental control.
- While gym workouts may be more expensive, yoga requires minimal accessories and is therefore, more economically convenient.
- Yoga is suitable for people of all ages, whereas gymming and other intense physical activities are not advisable for old people or those with specific medical ailments like hypertension and heart problems.
- There are minimal withdrawal effects with yoga, in contrast to gym workouts.
- Gymming requires you to go to the gym, whereas yoga and walking can be done anywhere and everywhere.
EIF seen in left ventricle of the babies heart. She said it is a light marker. I am 31 year old, 5 month pregnant. What is this EIF and how it effects my child.
Dear Doctor, Pregnancy test is +ve, it's thru IVF, FET transfer done (3 day 8cells grade 2) on 16th july, LMD 24th June. Have done SONOGRAPHY today 26/9/2016 CRL MEASURES 5.2 cms corresponds to 12 weeks 5 days SINGLE INTRAUTERINE GESTATIONAL SAC NOTED WITH FOETAL POLE IS SEEN OS CLOSED OVARY NORMAL NO FREE FLUID IN CULDESAC Taking doxinate @nyte Rantac twice daily Progynova thrice -(2-2-3) daily which gt STOPPED AT 12TH WEEK Crinone gel - twice Susten injection on every 4th day When to stop progesterone support?
Hello doctor I am 9 month 3 days pregnant and I have noticed that my vagina is leaking white discharge in high quantity is it normal?
My wife is 6 month pregnant and in her last sonography came to know that amniotic fluid level is 6.5.All the other things are normal like kidney function of baby, bp of mother and foetal weight is 226gm. How much risk is this condition? How we can increase amniotic fluid? How it may affect for baby?
Thalassemia is a genetic (which is passed from parents to children through genes) blood disorder. People with Thalassemia disease are not able to make enough hemoglobin, which causes severe anemia. Hemoglobin is found in red blood cells and carries oxygen to all parts of the body. When there is not enough hemoglobin in the red blood cells, oxygen cannot get to all parts of the body. Organs then become starved for oxygen and are unable to function properly.
There are two types of Thalassemia disease
- Alpha Thalassemia disease: There are two main types of Alpha Thalassemia disease. Alpha Thalassemia Major is a very serious disease in which severe anemia begins even before birth. Pregnant women carrying affected fetuses are themselves at risk for serious pregnancy and delivery complications. Another type of Alpha Thalassemia is Hemoglobin H disease. There are varying degrees of Hemoglobin H disease.
- Beta Thalassemia disease: Beta Thalassemia Major (also called Cooley's Anemia) is a serious illness. Symptoms appear in the first two years of life and include paleness of the skin, poor appetite, irritability, and failure to grow. Proper treatment includes routine blood transfusions and other therapies.
Causes of Thalassemia
Thalassemia occurs when there’s an abnormality or mutation in one of the genes involved in hemoglobin production. You inherit this genetic defect from your parents.
If only one of the parents is a carrier for thalassemia, the child may develop a form of the disease known as thalassemia minor. If this occurs, the born child probably won’t have symptoms, but he/she will be a carrier of the disease. Some people with thalassemia minor do develop minor symptoms.
If both of your parents are carriers of thalassemia, you have a greater chance of inheriting a more serious form of the disease.
The symptoms depend on the type of thalassemia:
- Thalassemia Minor: Thalassemia minor usually doesn’t cause any symptoms. If it does, it causes minor anemia.
- Beta-thalassemia: Beta-thalassemia comes in two serious types, which are thalassemia major, or Cooley’s anemia, and thalassemia intermedia. The symptoms of thalassemia major generally appear before a child’s second birthday. The severe anemia related to this condition can be life-threatening. Other signs and symptoms include:
- frequent infections
- a poor appetite
- failure to thrive
- jaundice, which is a yellowing of the skin or the whites of the eyes
- enlarged organs
This form of thalassemia is usually so severe that it requires regular blood transfusions.
- Alpha-thalassemia: Alpha-thalassemia also has two serious types, which are hemoglobin H disease and hydrops fetalis. Hemoglobin H disease can cause bone issues. The cheeks, forehead, and jaw may all overgrow. Hemoglobin H disease can cause:
- jaundice, which is a yellowing of the skin or the whites of the eyes
- an extremely enlarged spleen
Hydrops fetalis is an extremely severe form of thalassemia. It occurs before birth. Most individuals with this condition are either stillborn or die shortly after being born.
How is thalassemia diagnosed?
Thalassaemia is often detected during pregnancy or soon after birth.
- Screening during pregnancy: Screening to check if a baby is at risk of being born with thalassemia is offered to all pregnant women.
- Testing after birth or later in life: Newborn babies aren't routinely tested for thalassemia because the test used isn't always reliable soon after birth and the condition isn't immediately dangerous. However, the main form of the condition – beta thalassemia major – is often picked up as part of the newborn blood spot test (heel prick). A blood test can be carried out at any point to diagnose the condition if a child or adult has symptoms of thalassemia and the condition wasn't picked up earlier on.
- Testing for the Thalassemia Trait- A blood test can be done at any time to find out if you have the thalassemia trait and are at risk of having a child with the condition. This can be particularly useful if you have a family history of the condition or your partner is known to carry thalassemia.
If your child has thalassemia, blood tests may reveal:
- A low level of red blood cells
- Smaller than expected red blood cells
- Pale red blood cells
- Red blood cells that are varied in size and shape
- Red blood cells with uneven hemoglobin distribution, which gives the cells a bull's-eye appearance under the microscope
Blood tests may also be used to:
- Measure the amount of iron in your child's blood
- Evaluate his or her hemoglobin
- Perform DNA analysis to diagnose thalassemia or to determine if a person is carrying mutated hemoglobin genes
Treatment for Thalassemia-
The treatment for thalassemia depends on the type and severity of disease involved. Your doctor will give you a course of treatment that will work best for your particular case.
Some of the utilized treatments include:
- blood transfusions
- a bone marrow transplant (BMT)
- medications and supplements
- possible surgery to remove the spleen or gallbladder
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.