Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Homeopaths in India. You will find Homeopaths with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Homeopaths online in Chandigarh and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Hair Restoration Techniques
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Nosebleed (Epistaxis) Treatment
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Viral Fever Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Gunjan KhuranaYour feedback matters!
I am having severe pimples how to remove them they come daily once or twice and they will not go from my face please help me with this issue?
I have a desk job and in the last 2 years, my weight has gone up from 75 to 85kg. I want to lose weight. Please help.
Hi I am kerala boy 25 age 160 cm height with 67 kg. I am suffering from male boobs nd facial hair growth improper and putn weight. But I dnt eat too much bt oly 3 meals. My testosterone estradial thyroid sugar levels are normal. But cholesterol is at 220. I play daily badminton in the evening fr 1 hr. Pls help I am tired because I have no height as per my age and the boobs are so irritating.
Hair fall is my major problem I tried my level by changing the shampoo and home made Ayurveda oil also but no result the density of hair is decreased hair is not.
I have a lecturer job an before one year my weight is 85kg I want to loss my weight please let me advice.
I have a habit of matrubation frequently, is there any problems with matrubation? I want to know advantages and disadvantages, please help me.
I am 26 year old from last since 6 year I did masturbation all most daily but recently I quit . So im feeling that I lost my sperm count, energy and short turn memory loss, and im unable to constraint my work or task continuous or unable to focus on any work . So please suggest me a best to to over come from this problem .
Bawasir ka koi ghrelu ilaj. Mere ek friend h jo bhut preshan. Kafi docters ko dikhaya magar koi aaram nhi. Please help me.
What is Palpitation?
Palpitation is a feeling of awareness of your own heart beat. It is usually described as heart rate being either too fast (racing), too slow or a sensation of missing a beat.
Types of palpitations?
- These palpitations occur as a response to physical or mental stress like exercise, fever, pain, fear, anxiety etc.
- They are harmless and settle on their own once the precipitating factors disappear. They do not require any medical treatment.
- These palpitations occur due to some underlying abnormality in either the structure of heart or the beating of heart.
- These can be dangerous and at times life threatening. They may or may not settle on their own and require some medical treatment.
Warning signs that suggest palpitations are abnormal?
Palpitations are abnormal, if they are associated with chest heaviness, chest pain, uneasiness, sweating, weakness, giddiness, feeling of black out, fainting, nausea, vomiting, seizures. Palpitations are more likely to be abnormal in people who have some existing heart disease and these patients should report to their doctor at the earliest.
What to do during palpitations?
- Stay calm.
- Call for help. If u are alone avoid driving, use a taxi or auto, go to your nearest hospital/doctor and try to get an ECG during the palpitations. If you are helping someone having palpitations, if they faint, call for help, start CPR if they remain unresponsive and take them to the nearest hospital.
Which doctor can treat palpitations?
Doctors who specialise in the treatment of palpitations are called Electrophysiologists. They specialise in heart rhythm and are capable of performing a variety of complex tests to identify and treat different types of palpitations.
Which investigations are used to diagnose palpitations?
- ECG: Taken during palpitations and when the patient is normal is a very helpful tool.
- Holter: Externally applied recorder, which continuously records heart rhythm for 24 hrs.
- ELR: Extended loop recorder, is like holter, but it records rhythm for longer durations.
- ILR: Internal loop recorder is attached within the body for recording rhythm for long duration.
- EPS: Electrophysiology study, is the most sure shot test to diagnose, identify and treat Palpitations.
What is EPS?
EPS stands for Electrophysiology study. By this test a trained Electrophysiologist studies the conduction and formation system of heart beat, to understand the source, cause and type of palpitation. It is a simple and safe procedure of 2 to 3 hours and can be done as a day care procedure (by admitting the patient for a few hours in hospital, with discharge on same day).
It requires fasting for 4 hrs, some standard blood investigations and is done with local anaesthesia and if required it can be combined with treatment like ablation in the same sitting.In the procedure Electrophysiologist take catheters into your heart to study and stimulate the palpitations and understand them. Once found they can use various techniques to stop the palpitations, the techniques are called Ablation.
What are the treatment options available for palpitations?
There are many options depending upon the nature of palpitations and condition of the patient:
- Drug therapy
- Cardioversion where either a drug or electric shock is given to stop palpitations immediately.
Ablations using many sophisticated computer softwares
Device Therapy like ICD (Internal cardiac defibrillator)
Combination of all the above therapies.
Your Electrophysiologist and you as a team can make a choice about the options that will be best for you.
Related Tip: "Why Do You Get Palpitations? How to Get Immediate Relief?"