Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Chandigarh. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Divya Awasthi
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Divya AwasthiYour feedback matters!
Great doctor. Healing touch and perfectionist.
One of my friend did sex with her bf by using protection but she does not no that unfortunately protection was broken she thinks that sperm may be entered and she took. I pill there is any chances for pregnancy?
Drug addiction is an addiction of a very severe kind. This causes the sufferer i.e. the drug addict to seek and use drugs compulsively despite the destructive consequences to themselves and those around them. This is known as a chronic brain disease because of the functional and structural changes it causes in the brain. It is the overpowering dependence on illegal or legal medications and drugs. One cannot quit taking drugs just by strong will or good intentions. Ayurveda's holistic method combines exercises, meditation, and herbal medicines to cure addiction towards drugs.
- Panchakarma Therapies-Only an ayurvedic expert should perform the panchakarma therapies and rituals on you. It promotes cleanliness and helps in detoxifying the body. These therapies are done using various herbs and oils in accordance with the ancient traditions to eliminate negative conditions.
- Virechana-It is the most useful Panchakarma therapy to treat addiction. Virechana is known to cleanse the gastro-intestinal tract and purify the blood of toxins of a period of a few days. It helps decontaminate your spleen, stomach, liver, kidneys, colon, intestines and sweat glands through varied herbs and laxatives such as castor oil, mango juice, raisins, cow's milk, psyllium seeds, flaxseed husk, prune and senna.
- Rasayana therapies-Rasayana therapy is another very useful Ayurvedic treatment for treating drug abuse and addiction. It is based upon the transmutation and conservation of energy to improve the mental as well as physical characteristics in order to increase your body's natural metabolic processes while enhancing your immune system and brain function. Rasayana therapy consists of intricate face, head and full body massages which are combined with medicated creams and herb oils. This therapy is also useful to remove artificial aging which occurs due to prolonged drug abuse.
- Yoga-The chaotic chemicals are known to wreak havoc on the drug addict's brain during the process of recovery. Resorting to exercise or yoga will help generate extra endorphins which are very helpful for clarity. To recover from drug addiction, you must join a structured yoga class along with other ayurvedic therapies. Yoga is beneficial since it stimulates every part of your body without applying too much stress on any one part. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
I have back pain since from 2 months it goes to legs as well and the fat has increased on belly and arms are also fatted I have pain in lower part of belly and the flowation of periods is not correct and also it stays only for 2 days while earlier it mensuration cycle is for 3-4 days.
Hi ma'am. I am 27 years old married mother of a 1 girl (6 years old) I am suffering from PCOS. I am over weight and having a facial hair, increasing day by day. My hair my skin my complexion my vision my confidence over all health is ruined. please help me.
I had sex on 1st September. I had my periods date on 15th but I missed it. So I did a pregnancy test on 15th. Result was negative. Today is 16th still I am not getting periods. But having symptoms of periods. Is there any chance of pregnancy?
My wife have gallbladder stones and she's breastfeeding mother, can I give berberis vulgaris to her ,is it safe for her?
Sexology, by definition, refers to a scientific study of human sexuality to include sexual functions, interests, and behaviors. A clinical sexologist deals with the treatment of sexual and relationship issues. It covers all aspects to include biological, psychological, sociological, and historical information. A sexologist is more commonly known as a sex therapist. With sex life slowing down with pregnancy, there are many questions that people have. Read on to know some of these and their brief answers.
Is it safe to have sex during pregnancy?
– A healthy sex life through pregnancy is encouraged, to keep the relationship healthy and happy. In many cases, not having an active sex life can be a cause of rifts.
We were not aware about the pregnancy, so we continued with normal sex life, is that okay?
– It is perfectly okay, as sex is considered safe throughout pregnancy until the water breaks. Of course, the physical comfort of the woman should be taken into account, else there is no harm to an active sex life. With increased levels of estrogens and progesterone in the blood, the woman wants to have more sex but is often scared.
What positions are better during pregnancy?
- Any position which does not add pressure on the belly. Spooning, woman on top, and other positions which the couple finds comfortable can be used without any harm.
Till what stage of pregnancy can we have sex?
- From a medical point of view, sex is allowed until the water breaks. However, the physical comfort of the woman should be taken into account. Not adding pressure on the belly is advisable.
Do uterine or gynecologic problems would mean a complete no-no to sex?
- If you have a normal pregnancy, then there are no medical limitations to an active sex life. However, if the pregnancy has complications, then you should be extra-cautious. For instance, a placenta previa where the placenta has slid down. Secondly, cervical insufficiency, expected premature labor, abdominal pains, dilated cervix, unexplained vaginal bleeding, and ruptured waters are conditions where sex is absolutely not allowed. There could also be where the male is having urinary infections.
What are some things to keep in mind when it comes to sex during pregnancy?
- It is completely normal to feel a strong urge to have sex during pregnancy. The increased hormone levels are responsible for this. In addition, some vaginal bleeding is also normal with sex. There is no harm to the baby with sex, which is fully protected in the womb. Be frank to discuss any concerns with your doctor and get your doubts clarified.