Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Chandigarh and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Chitwan SachdevYour feedback matters!
1. Flossing. It is an absolute must to remove the matter from between the gaps where your brush's bristles can never reach. Thats where the bad smell and decay dwell.
2. Tongue Cleaning. Our tongue is a mighty storehouse of all that gets stuck and causes bad breadth!
3. Drink more water. As for everyhing else, it works for dental health too."
I am feeling much pain in my backside teeth. But there has been not any hole. But feeling too much pain .so please help me.
I got scaling and polishing done of my teeth some one month back. But for last 2-3 days my gums are bleeding on their own. It is happening around 2-3 teeth in the front side. Please suggest me some remedies for that. Thank you.
My teeth are very paining from last two month. I think it is cavity effect. What is your suggestion?
I have a oily skin. I have got rashes on my skin. I even feel itching sometime. Moreover I am suffering from mouth ulcers. So, what should I do?
I have frequent mouth (tongue and throat) ulcers and it gets very painful while eating food. Please specify any medication and home remedy.
I have gap in my front teeth so I want to close the gap in less time so what I can do for close the gap of teeth and teeth are yellowish how I can get good smile please suggest me.
Hello Doctor, I have additional half teeth attached with a teeth and that half teeth has cavities. So is there any treatment for that or I have to consult dentist to remove that teeth?
My 3.5 years old daughter has always had the problem of blocked nose, plus she is a thumb sucker, and mouth breather 24x7. This is leading to very bad gums and teeth apparently. What can be done about it? Please help.
I have jaw problem in my mouth. When I open or close the mouth there is some herbal produce in between the joint of upper na lower jaw. There is no pain but only that I can open the mouth with limited limit i. E 1to 2 inch only. Also there is little sound in the jaw joint. Whats the problem is it?
I am 25 years old and having tooth pain from last 2 days. What should I do now so that it can be cured and I can live a normal life without pain. Thanks from advance.
I am 31 years old male and I have cavities in my teeth and also pains with teeth. Tell me what should I do?
I am a 31yr old female. I has been suffering from gum bleeding and teeth pain since 3 weeks. What should I can do?
Hyperdontia is a peculiar and quite rare dental problem which involves the growth of excess number of teeth. It can appear during birth and last till the primary teeth fall out to be replaced by the permanent set of teeth, or appear with the rise of the permanent teeth. If a person shows a tendency to grow more than 20 temporary teeth or more than 32 permanent teeth, he or she suffers from hyperdontia.
Where do the additional teeth occur?
The additional teeth or supernumerary teeth can appear anywhere inside the mouth or dental arch, but the most common ones are called wisdom teeth and they grow as anterior molars after a certain age. Extra teeth in new born infants are called natal teeth. Occurrence of more than 4-6 supernumerary teeth is rare, although there have been known cases of more than 30 supernumerary teeth.
Why does hyperdontia occur?
1. Hyperdontia often occurs in association with a few select disorders like cleidocranial dysplasia, Ehler - Danlos syndrome, Gardner syndrome, and cleft lip and palate.
2. Although the exact cause of hyperdontia has not yet been discovered, some studies have shown that it might be a result of over activity of dental lamina during the phase of tooth development in infancy.
3. It could also possibly be due to genetic or environmental factors.
What problems does it pose and how can hyperdontia be corrected?
1. The existence of extra teeth often causes problems in speaking.
2. It may also cause deformation in the mouth region, and impediments in a lot of other functional activities like eating.
3. In rare cases, the extra tooth/teeth may be agents of tumors or cysts.
4. Therefore, treatment must be swiftly undertaken so as to remove the extra teeth and prevent rise of further teeth in the same spot.
5. Sometimes, hyperdontia also leads to overcrowding and misshapen rows of teeth; this can also be corrected with extensive procedures.