Doctors in LiveLifeMore Diet and Wellness Clinic
Patient Review Highlights
Thanks to him I am totally satisfied with the results of his gain weight treatment. The staff was very attentive to my needs. One of my neighbour's recommended this Dr.Sandeep Jassal. I was quite concerned, as my health was degrading day by day, but due to my Sandeep Jassal and the gain weight treatment I didn't lose hope. The LiveLifeMore Diet & Wellness Clinic is designed in such a way that every patient feels at ease. He is so pleasant to talk to and always ready to answer your doubts. Sandeep Jassal has so much knowledge that for everything my family takes his reference.
I was having very bad thoughts regarding my leanniness. She is not just friendly, but also is very motivating. I have consulted so many doctors , but no one was able to give proper diet for gain weight. The friendliness of staff is the best in the LiveLifeMore Diet & Wellness Clinic. I had lost hope, but the gain weight treatment given by Pallavi Jassal has helped me regain my confidence.
From quite some time I was trying to lose weight. It was getting very difficult for me to cope us with my obesity. The overall atmosphere in the LiveLifeMore Clinic is very soothing. She is one of the best dieticians in city. Dt.Pallavi Jassal has so much knowledge that for everything my family takes herreference. Thanks to the expert care and guidance, I feel much better than before.
I feel so great after the completion of diet program. Even though Pallavi Jassal is not from our city, she is still very famous, so we consulted her. The atmosphere in the LiveLifeMore Diet clinic in chandigarh is always so positive and full of life. Pallavi Jassal has so much knowledge that for everything my family takes herreference. she gives the best diet charts.
My father was suffering from excess cholestrol level. I chose to consult Dr Pallavi, she provided the treatment for hypercholesterolemia, which benefitted him to the best. I owe her a big thank for such a beneficial treatment. The diet chat and the medication helped my father in the quick recovery.
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Sandeep Jassal to be well-reasoned. Thanks a ton for responding. I have tried all those things had Cheston Cold tablet, Ginger tea, Honey with Hot water... Nothing worked out. I am afraid whether I am having tonsils or not
The Aromatherapygiven to me by dr Sandeep Jaiswal brought lots of benefit in me. It gave lot of improvement in my health. I could manage my household work efficiently now. He can be visited at LiveLifeMore Diet & Wellness Clinic in Chandigarh.
Dr. Sandeep Jassal provides answers that are professional, very helpful, knowledgeable, inspiring and practical. Thanks for your instant reply, now my mother will stop eating tablets and start exercising after thus review.
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Sandeep Jassal to be knowledgeable, sensible, practical and prompt. Thank you sir. Please do tell me how do I avail the weight loss program?
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Sandeep Jassal to be caring. Yes. My information was inadequate for the dic to answer. I propose to take a blood test and post.
I found the answers provided by the Dt. Pallavi Jassal to be very helpful. Dr plz suggest then how can I prepare the drink which helps to weight loss
P Vinod Menon
Dr. Sandeep Jassal provides answers that are very helpful, well-reasoned, inspiring, professional and practical. Useful information.vinod.Thanks.
Dr. Sandeep Jassal provides answers that are very helpful. Had some knowledge after doctor suggestion
I found the answers provided by the Dt. Pallavi Jassal to be very helpful. Good answer
H S Sangha
A caring doctor diagnosing patient with full responsibility and less expenses . Thanks
Dt. Pallavi Jassal provides answers that are very helpful. Very helpful
Dr. Sandeep Jassal provides answers that are very helpful. Thanks
she is good and having soft heart and gave us great ideas
Being at the peak of optimal health should be the goal of every individual. As the saying goes, 'Health is Wealth'. Certain food items will help you to reach the pinnacle of health if they are consumed regularly. These foods will not only keep you healthy and fit, but will also help the body to function properly with the nutrients it receives from them.
Given below is a list of foods that you should be eating for optimal health:
- Garlic: Garlic contains a compound called "allicillin", which is the major component to make garlic a healthy food item. Garlic is very effective to cure common colds and flu. Garlic also helps reduce high blood pressure. It reduces bad cholesterol and improves good cholesterol levels in the blood. Garlic also helps to detoxify your body. Treating osteoarthritis is another great benefit of eating garlic.
- Yogurt: Yogurt contains probiotics, which control bacterial growth which is harmful to your body. It also provides your body with calcium.
- Broccoli: Broccoli contains sulphur, which makes this green vegetable a cancer fighter. It contains sulforaphane which gives it this property.
- Oats: Oats help to control blood pressure and cholesterol level in the blood. They are also a great source of fibre for the body. Oats help keep your heart healthy.
- Beets: Beets are a rich source of multivitamins. They help to lower blood pressure and also lower the risk of any cardiovascular disease. Beets also help detoxify the body.
- Cabbage: Cabbage helps reduce the risk of having cancer. It also prevents heart diseases, gastrointestinal problems and Alzheimer's disease. Cabbage is loaded with vitamin A, vitamin C and vitamin K, which help it prevent osteoarthritis.
- Fish: Fish helps to control blood pressure. Fish oil can help slow down mental aging. The Omega-3 fatty acids present in fish are very important sources of protein.
- Eggs: Eggs are rich sources of proteins. They aid in the bodybuilding process and the repair and maintenance of the body.
- Spinach: Spinach is a rich source of antioxidants, calcium, vitamin A, vitamin K, and Omega-3 fatty acids. It helps fight cancer, and also detoxifies the body.
- Tomatoes: The vitamins and phytonutrients in tomatoes make them such a healthy food option which keeps cancer and heart diseases at bay.
White rice is originally Brown rice which has been thoroughly refined before it is made available in the stores. Rice grain in its natural unpolished state is rich in fiber, thiamine, proteins, magnesium, calcium, and potassium. Whole rice is also rich in fiber which is good for your digestive system and also aids you to manage your weight effectively. There is a raging debate over the type of rice which is good for your health.
The following are some of the pointers that compare white rice to brown rice:
- Calorie composition: White rice contains more calories when compared to brown rice. A cup of white rice comprises of 242 calories, while a cup of brown rice comprises of 218 calories. Brown rice is recommended to people who are interested to cut down on their calorie intake as a whole.
- Carbohydrates and Fiber composition: Both brown rice and white rice are rich in carbohydrate. A cup of brown rice comprises of 53 grams of carbohydrates and a cup of brown rice comprises of 46 grams of the same. But when it comes to fiber content, brown rice contains more fiber. Fiber is known to boost the blood cholesterol level and aids in weight management; therefore brown rice is more beneficial for help.
- Fat and Protein composition: In case of fat and protein composition, both types of rice have a low fat composition while a cup of each type of rice contains about 4.5 grams of protein.
- Vitamins and Minerals composition: Brown rice is known to contain more percentage of natural vitamins and minerals when compared to white rice. White rice is thoroughly refined which results in the loss of its natural properties. The manufacturers tend to add vitamins and minerals artificially during the processing of the whole rice grain.
- Glycemic Index: According to studies, foods which have a high glycemic index tend to increase your blood sugar level. As per the glycemic index, brown rice has a much lower glycemic index than white rice. The average glycemic index of white rice is about 89 while in case of brown rice it's 50.
It can be said that brown rice is much more nutritious than white rice due to its wholesomeness and higher concentration of nutrients. Brown rice is highly recommended to those people who are health conscious and tend to be careful about their calorie intake.
Inflammation can develop in various parts of the body owing to different factors. Inflammation can develop as a result of the immune system reacting to antigens. This is a natural occurrence which denotes that the body is working properly. On the contrary, inflammation can also happen if the immune system erroneously attacks the healthy tissues of the body. Such inflammations are collectively called arthritis.
It is difficult for a person who suffers from inflammation and the resulting pain to lead a normal life. The unending lists of pills that are prescribed to treat such a condition can become stressful at one point. However, if you wish to live a pill-free life, you can always opt for these natural remedies listed below.
- Pineapple Juice: Bromelain is a very effective enzyme that remains in high concentration in the tropical fruit pineapple. Exactly how bromelain reduces inflammation is a mystery, but studies show that the consumption of fresh pineapple juice in the morning can relieve the pain that is caused by inflammation. Therefore, drink this delectable, sweet treat every day and get some solace from the pain that is irking you lately.
- Turmeric: If you belong to an Indian home you must be very familiar with turmeric. It is used in almost every Indian dishes and you must have heard your grandmother narrating the manifold benefits of turmeric. Turmeric is one of the best natural remedies when it comes to the treatment of inflammation. To get the best results take a cube of the fruit with warm water every morning.
- Fish Oil: If one apple a day keeps the doctor away, fishes are also not very far behind, especially when it comes to the treatment of inflammation. According to research conducted by the Cardiff University of England, fishes that thrive in temperate waters like herring, trout, salmon and cod are rich in Omega-3 fatty acids that can cure inflammation and even autoimmune disorders like psoriasis, lupus and rheumatoid arthritis. You can either consume these fishes or you can consume the capsules that are made from the extract of these fishes, depending on their availability.
- Devil’s Claw: This is an age-old natural remedy for the treatment of inflammation caused by gouts or arthritis. Used widely among the Native Americans, devil’s claw gained popularity in the world of modern science when its multiple benefits were witnessed. Devil’s claw is a root that usually grows in continental Africa, especially in the arid regions. Obtaining the whole root could be difficult, but, you will easily get devil’s claw supplements in the market.
Are you tired of pills and their resultant side effects? Try these methods and see the difference.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Our body is a wonderful mechanism that uses different fuels like enzymes, lipids, hormones, bile, glucose and a plethora of other bodily fluids to ensure sound sustenance. A healthy body is that in which all these fuels exist in harmony. When this balance is disrupted, the vessel goes through a lot of disorders.
Uric acid is produced as a result of the breakdown of the body cells and some of the foods that we consume. Usually, the kidneys eliminate the excess uric acid from the body. However, when the kidneys fail to do so owing to kidney stones or other kidney conditions, the amount of uric acid increases in our blood-stream and causes a condition called gout, which is accompanied by inflammation of the joint.
Allopathic medicines that are prescribed to treat uric acid in the blood can cause a lot of side-effects including nausea, diarrhoea, and gastrointestinal disorders. Ayurvedic treatment, on the contrary, is an age-old method of curing disorders by the use of natural products that do not lead to any side-effects. Here is a quick discussion on some of the major Ayurvedic components that can treat uric acid-
- When the Sanskrit term “Triphala” is translated into English, it means three fruits. The three fruits that are used to make this Ayurvedic blend are Amalaki, Bibhitaki and Haritaki. All these fruits induce detoxification. Uric acid is nothing but surplus body toxic. Triphala purifies the body by working against this excess toxic.
- According to Ayurveda, the body is made up of five elements, fire, air, water, earth, and space. Pitta dosha is a condition that is accompanied by the increase of the fire element in the body. Uric acid is indeed produced in excess by fiery foods like animal organs such as liver, alcoholic drinks, and sea foods. Some Ayurvedic medicines use natural components like Neem, Katuki and Manjistha to cure uric acid which develops due to pitta dosha.
- Giloy, also known as Tinospora is an Ayurvedic component that strengthens the immune system and Daruhaldi, also known as Barbery, is another component that reduces inflammation of the joint.
- Ayurvedic drugs are made up of various herbs working in synergy to cure the disorienting symptoms of uric acid. These herbs include Amla, Haritaki, Bahera, Vacha, Neem, Manjistha, Katuki, Giloy, Daruhaldi.
A person with uric acid must stay away from foods rich in purine and fructose. Apart from taking Ayurvedic drugs one can also consume fruits like strawberries, grapes, blueberries, and cherries, drink 2-3 liters of water every day, add baking soda to their diet to fight excess uric acid.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Sir my father is on akt4 since two month now he is having fever and esr rate upto 80 what may be the possible cause.
I'm suffering from PCOd. Due to which I have regular spotting and menstrual problems. Can you suggest me few tips?
My weight is 85 kg and I want to reduce to 72 BMI is 28 and height is 175 cm can any one pls tell me diet plan for.
It might sound hard to make a healthy food choice between the famous Indian snacks offered in parties these days, but it’s not really that hard.
Options I had in front of me at a recent party were:
I had similar questions and found out the answers. This article is to help you avoid eating unhealthy options which are usually available in the menu of parties. here, we provide you the nutritional summary of these famous snacks.
Serving size: 100 g
Serving Size: 100g
Serving Size: 1
Hence the most nutritious snack amongst them all is clearly stuffed mushrooms which provide 40kcal, 3g fats, 3g carbs and 2g proteins.
So, being on diet does not mean being anti-social or being on a punishment. You can still choose what snacks are healthier amongst the ones available. Enjoy the treats but do not let your diet plan go for a toss. Stick to a regime, follow it with commitment & achieve the desired results.
The festival of Lohri is around the corner after one full year…Let us share with you today the health benefits of Lohri’s special delicacies including Lohri sweets & dishes. And we at LiveLifeMore® keep trying to share the 'Wisdom of Wellness' that 'adds years to your life & adds life to your years'.
Let us share with you today the health benefits of Lohri’s special delicacies… i.e., Moongfali, Gachak, Rewari, Popcorns etc.
1. Sesame Seeds: These little seeds present in Rewari are loaded with essential minerals such as manganese, copper, iron, phosphorus, and calcium. The zinc in sesame seeds promotes bone health and prevents osteoporosis later in life. Among all the nuts and seeds commonly eaten across the world, sesame seeds have been found to contain the highest amount of phytosterols, which are known to lower bad cholesterol. Sesame seeds increase your levels of Vitamin E, which plays a vital role in fighting disease. Studies show that sesame seeds can improve the effectiveness of certain diabetes medication. Sesame seed oil is known to reduce hypertension and ease stress. The antioxidants in sesame seeds fight free radicals, thereby promoting youthfulness and strengthening the immune system. A substance in sesame seeds has found to inhibit the spread of many Cancers.
2. Groundnuts or Peanuts (Moongfali): Peanuts contain a good amount of folate. Women who had a daily intake of 400 micrograms of folic acid before and during early pregnancy reduced their risk of having a baby born with a serious neural tube defect by up to 70%. One-fourth cup of peanuts can supply the body with 35% of the DV of manganese, a mineral which plays a role in fat and carbohydrate metabolism, calcium absorption, and blood sugar regulation. It may come as a surprise that peanuts can help prevent gallstones. But 20 years of studies have shown that eating 1 ounce of nuts, peanuts or peanut butter a week lowers the risk of developing gallstones by 25%. Peanuts are good sources of tryptophan, an essential amino acid which is important for the production of serotonin, one of the key brain chemicals involved in mood regulation. When depression occurs, a decreased amount of serotonin may be released from the nerve cells in the brain. Tryptophan may raise serotonin’s antidepressant effects when there is an increased amount of serotonin in the blood. Do you know what can be found in peanuts that gave them the “brain food” tag? This is due to their vitamin B3 or niacin content whose many health benefits include normal brain functioning and boosting memory power. The same nutrient which gives peanuts their memory enhancing power also helps lower and control cholesterol levels. Added to that is their copper contents which aids in reducing bad cholesterol and increase good cholesterol levels. It is proven that regular nuts consumption is linked to reduced risk of heart disease. Peanuts are rich in heart-friendly monounsaturated fats and antioxidants such as oleic acid. Reach for a handful of peanuts and other nuts at least four times a week to reduce your risk of cardiovascular and coronary heart disease. Those who have an intake of the most niacin-rich foods like peanuts were 70% less likely to have developed Alzheimer’s disease. A quarter cup a day of peanuts can already supply almost a quarter of the daily needed value for niacin. A form of phytosterols called beta-sitosterol (SIT) is found in high concentrations in some plant oils, seeds, and legumes including peanuts. Phytosterols not only protects against cardiovascular disease by interfering with the absorption of cholesterol, they also protect against cancer by inhibiting tumor growth. Surprise!!! Eating nuts regularly is associated with a lowered risk of weight gain. Research has shown that people who eat nuts at least twice weekly are much less likely to gain weight than those who almost never eat them.
3. Jaggery or GUR (Present in Gachak): Jaggery is a great remedy for anemia, asthma, joint pains and menstrual pains. It also aids in digestion, purifies blood and keeps the skin away from problems such as acnes and pimples. It is a great energy booster as it provides us lots of energy. If you feel drained at any point of the day, a piece of jaggery with water can do wonders for you. Jaggery is a wonderful sweet that not only tastes delicious but also purifies the blood. It acts as a cleansing agent for our blood and purifies it. You simply have to add it to your diet and have its benefits. It also helps get rid of digestion problems. If you eat a piece of jaggery every day with water or milk, your body will be free from all toxins. Jaggery is a rich source of iron and if women add it to their daily diet, it helps them get rid of anemia. It is a must eat for all women, especially teenagers and pregnant women. Jaggery is great for your skin also. It makes your skin healthy and charming. If you have acne and pimples on your skin, eat jaggery every day. You will definitely see them going away and get a lovely and flawless skin. It is an age-old remedy to cure dry cough and cold. If you don’t like eating Jaggery in its raw form, you can try jaggery laddoos, which are made with sesame seeds and jaggery. They are very good in taste. Jaggery is, often, recommended to Asthma patients as it is a great remedy to cure asthma. It has such properties which regulate body temperature which is very good for Asthma patients. It also has anti-allergy properties.
4. Popcorn: Popcorn is kind of a big deal. Not just because it’s delicious, but it’s recently been found to actually be good for you. Really. A serving of popcorn contains more antioxidants than a day’s worth of fruits and vegetables. But that’s not to say that all popcorn is terrific for you, we’re talking plain popcorn here. A cup of plain pop only contains around 31 calories (compared to a cup of regular potato chips which holds around 139 calories…not exactly great). Popcorn also contains fiber and is the only snack that’s 100% whole grain. And whole grains are really good for you because they contain those antioxidants. In popcorn’s case, the antioxidants are found in the hull (the seedy part that gets stuck in your teeth) and are called polyphenols. Like all antioxidants, polyphenols help protect against cancers, heart diseases, and other illnesses that are caused by free radicals (cells that attack other healthy ones). Whole grains are also high in dietary fiber, rich in complex carbohydrates, and are low in fat, making popcorn a way better snack than anyone originally thought. And just because you’re not crazy about plain pop doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy its healthy benefits. Add on herbs like dill or curry, healthy oils such as olive or coconut, or sprinkle on some spices.
It is New Year’s Eve and it is the time to take some resolutions, set some goals, and welcome the new beginnings in your life. All the things you want will look far-off without a good health. So this year, choose some healthy lifestyle resolutions and add many more new year eves to your life.
With almost 23 years of my journey as a multispeciality primary care physician & preventive health specialist, I have always encouraged people to avoid serious health conditions by incorporating good and healthy habits into their lives.
I often come across people with immense success, wealth, and fame in their lives but in between an occupied schedule, they take health for granted. LiveLifeMore is on a mission help you 'add years to your life and life to your years'. So here we have 6 resolutions derived from a study conducted by British researchers that can increase your lifespan. The study included health records of over 600,000 people analyzing habits that add or remove years from their lives.
1. Boycott Tobacco From Your Life
The first and most common habit that always draws you to life-threatening severe diseases is the tobacco addiction. If you have never tried it, you should never too because a pack of 10 cigarettes a day can deduct 7 years from your life. Lung Cancer, Mouth & Neck Cancer, Peripheral Vascular Diseases, COPD ( Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease), Stroke and Heart Attack are common health issues caused by tobacco use. However, the study confirmed that in the long run if you use tobacco & decide to quit tobacco, you can regain the health of a non-smoker.
2. Reduce Cholesterol Levels
High blood cholesterol is a major reason for heart problems & strokes. It can reduce up to 8 months of your life. Some people have genetic cholesterol problems, but others indulge in wrong dietary plans that includes high saturated fats with almost no exercise routine. You can curb cholesterol levels with ideal diets and exercises for a healthy life.
3. Lose Excessive Weight
Overweight people, who managed to lose weight in the study gave excellent results. You can add two months to your life for throwing every one kilogram of that extra fat you have.
4. Balance your blood pressure
Every other heart-related problem was generated from imbalanced blood pressure. High blood pressure was the second most influential problem found in the study. A high blood pressure patient experiences 5.2 years short in his life due to some casual life-shortening effects. Stabilizing your BP level requires proper diet, exercise, and even medication sometimes.
5. Be Open-Minded to a Positive Lifestyle
Positivity is the fire to keep and negativity is the smoke to let go. Typically people tend to NEVER CHANGE their personalities. But a few alterations can allow positivity in your persona, your health, further guiding you to a longer and happier life. Everyone experiences obstacles in life but being positive ensures that your health is unaffected by these obstacles.
6. Stay Physically Active
The daily exercise study that was conducted on 5823 adults by Brigham Young University researchers proves that jogging 30-40 minutes or even walking briskly for that long can give you 9 years younger cells than your present age.
7. Ditch Soda
A study in the American Journal of Public Health concluded that drinking soda may be shortening your lifespan even if you are not overweight. This five-year long study confirmed that soda intake results in fewer telomeres (caps on the ends of chromosomes directly linked to aging). Except for diet soda, all other soda types affected our aging “clock” telomeres. However, many pieces of researches associate heavy diet soda intake to weight gain, type 2 diabetes, and depression- all potential life-shorteners.
8. Stop Sitting So much
Simply stand up more during the day and it’ll boost your longevity by increasing the length of your telomeres. This was found in a study from the British Journal of Sports Medicine. The study measured the effects of sitting time and physical activity among 49 sedentary, overweight participants. Researchers saw increment in telomere lengths of individuals indulged in physical activities for 6 months.
Diabetes Mellitus or simply Diabetes affects around 370 million global population. It is important to control high blood sugar level in diabetic conditions. Healthy eating, managing stress, being physically fit, and constantly taking prescribed medications should be in your new year resolutions to charm your life again and live happily for the long term with diabetes.
I, along with my co-founder Dietitian Pallavi Jassal & Team LiveLifeMore, sincerely wish your health & happiness in 2018 & always. By inculcating the above-mentioned modifications in your lifestyle, you can surely enhance your life quantitatively & qualitatively.