Doctors in LiveLifeMore Diet and Wellness Clinic
Patient Review Highlights
Thanks to him I am totally satisfied with the results of his gain weight treatment. The staff was very attentive to my needs. One of my neighbour's recommended this Dr.Sandeep Jassal. I was quite concerned, as my health was degrading day by day, but due to my Sandeep Jassal and the gain weight treatment I didn't lose hope. The LiveLifeMore Diet & Wellness Clinic is designed in such a way that every patient feels at ease. He is so pleasant to talk to and always ready to answer your doubts. Sandeep Jassal has so much knowledge that for everything my family takes his reference.
I was having very bad thoughts regarding my leanniness. She is not just friendly, but also is very motivating. I have consulted so many doctors , but no one was able to give proper diet for gain weight. The friendliness of staff is the best in the LiveLifeMore Diet & Wellness Clinic. I had lost hope, but the gain weight treatment given by Pallavi Jassal has helped me regain my confidence.
From quite some time I was trying to lose weight. It was getting very difficult for me to cope us with my obesity. The overall atmosphere in the LiveLifeMore Clinic is very soothing. She is one of the best dieticians in city. Dt.Pallavi Jassal has so much knowledge that for everything my family takes herreference. Thanks to the expert care and guidance, I feel much better than before.
I feel so great after the completion of diet program. Even though Pallavi Jassal is not from our city, she is still very famous, so we consulted her. The atmosphere in the LiveLifeMore Diet clinic in chandigarh is always so positive and full of life. Pallavi Jassal has so much knowledge that for everything my family takes herreference. she gives the best diet charts.
My father was suffering from excess cholestrol level. I chose to consult Dr Pallavi, she provided the treatment for hypercholesterolemia, which benefitted him to the best. I owe her a big thank for such a beneficial treatment. The diet chat and the medication helped my father in the quick recovery.
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Sandeep Jassal to be well-reasoned. Thanks a ton for responding. I have tried all those things had Cheston Cold tablet, Ginger tea, Honey with Hot water... Nothing worked out. I am afraid whether I am having tonsils or not
The Aromatherapygiven to me by dr Sandeep Jaiswal brought lots of benefit in me. It gave lot of improvement in my health. I could manage my household work efficiently now. He can be visited at LiveLifeMore Diet & Wellness Clinic in Chandigarh.
Dr. Sandeep Jassal provides answers that are professional, very helpful, knowledgeable, inspiring and practical. Thanks for your instant reply, now my mother will stop eating tablets and start exercising after thus review.
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Sandeep Jassal to be knowledgeable, sensible, practical and prompt. Thank you sir. Please do tell me how do I avail the weight loss program?
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Sandeep Jassal to be caring. Yes. My information was inadequate for the dic to answer. I propose to take a blood test and post.
I found the answers provided by the Dt. Pallavi Jassal to be very helpful. Dr plz suggest then how can I prepare the drink which helps to weight loss
P Vinod Menon
Dr. Sandeep Jassal provides answers that are very helpful, well-reasoned, inspiring, professional and practical. Useful information.vinod.Thanks.
Dr. Sandeep Jassal provides answers that are very helpful. Had some knowledge after doctor suggestion
I found the answers provided by the Dt. Pallavi Jassal to be very helpful. Good answer
H S Sangha
A caring doctor diagnosing patient with full responsibility and less expenses . Thanks
Dt. Pallavi Jassal provides answers that are very helpful. Very helpful
Dr. Sandeep Jassal provides answers that are very helpful. Thanks
she is good and having soft heart and gave us great ideas
It might sound hard to make a healthy food choice between the famous Indian snacks offered in parties these days, but it’s not really that hard.
Options I had in front of me at a recent party were:
- Paneer Tikka
- Stuffed Mushroom
- Cheese Roll
I had similar questions and found out the answers. This article is to help you avoid eating unhealthy options which are usually available in the menu of parties. here, we provide you the nutritional summary of these famous snacks.
Serving size: 100 g
Serving Size: 100g
Serving Size: 1
Hence the most nutritious snack amongst them all is clearly stuffed mushrooms which provide 40kcal, 3g fats, 3g carbs and 2g proteins.
So, being on diet does not mean being anti-social or being on a punishment. You can still choose what snacks are healthier amongst the ones available. Enjoy the treats but do not let your diet plan go for a toss. Stick to a regime, follow it with commitment & achieve the desired results.
The festival of Lohri is around the corner after one full year…Let us share with you today the health benefits of Lohri’s special delicacies including Lohri sweets & dishes. And we at LiveLifeMore® keep trying to share the 'Wisdom of Wellness' that 'adds years to your life & adds life to your years'.
Let us share with you today the health benefits of Lohri’s special delicacies… i.e., Moongfali, Gachak, Rewari, Popcorns etc.
1. Sesame Seeds: These little seeds present in Rewari are loaded with essential minerals such as manganese, copper, iron, phosphorus, and calcium. The zinc in sesame seeds promotes bone health and prevents osteoporosis later in life. Among all the nuts and seeds commonly eaten across the world, sesame seeds have been found to contain the highest amount of phytosterols, which are known to lower bad cholesterol. Sesame seeds increase your levels of Vitamin E, which plays a vital role in fighting disease. Studies show that sesame seeds can improve the effectiveness of certain diabetes medication. Sesame seed oil is known to reduce hypertension and ease stress. The antioxidants in sesame seeds fight free radicals, thereby promoting youthfulness and strengthening the immune system. A substance in sesame seeds has found to inhibit the spread of many Cancers.
2. Groundnuts or Peanuts (Moongfali): Peanuts contain a good amount of folate. Women who had a daily intake of 400 micrograms of folic acid before and during early pregnancy reduced their risk of having a baby born with a serious neural tube defect by up to 70%. One-fourth cup of peanuts can supply the body with 35% of the DV of manganese, a mineral which plays a role in fat and carbohydrate metabolism, calcium absorption, and blood sugar regulation. It may come as a surprise that peanuts can help prevent gallstones. But 20 years of studies have shown that eating 1 ounce of nuts, peanuts or peanut butter a week lowers the risk of developing gallstones by 25%. Peanuts are good sources of tryptophan, an essential amino acid which is important for the production of serotonin, one of the key brain chemicals involved in mood regulation. When depression occurs, a decreased amount of serotonin may be released from the nerve cells in the brain. Tryptophan may raise serotonin’s antidepressant effects when there is an increased amount of serotonin in the blood. Do you know what can be found in peanuts that gave them the “brain food” tag? This is due to their vitamin B3 or niacin content whose many health benefits include normal brain functioning and boosting memory power. The same nutrient which gives peanuts their memory enhancing power also helps lower and control cholesterol levels. Added to that is their copper contents which aids in reducing bad cholesterol and increase good cholesterol levels. It is proven that regular nuts consumption is linked to reduced risk of heart disease. Peanuts are rich in heart-friendly monounsaturated fats and antioxidants such as oleic acid. Reach for a handful of peanuts and other nuts at least four times a week to reduce your risk of cardiovascular and coronary heart disease. Those who have an intake of the most niacin-rich foods like peanuts were 70% less likely to have developed Alzheimer’s disease. A quarter cup a day of peanuts can already supply almost a quarter of the daily needed value for niacin. A form of phytosterols called beta-sitosterol (SIT) is found in high concentrations in some plant oils, seeds, and legumes including peanuts. Phytosterols not only protects against cardiovascular disease by interfering with the absorption of cholesterol, they also protect against cancer by inhibiting tumor growth. Surprise!!! Eating nuts regularly is associated with a lowered risk of weight gain. Research has shown that people who eat nuts at least twice weekly are much less likely to gain weight than those who almost never eat them.
3. Jaggery or GUR (Present in Gachak): Jaggery is a great remedy for anemia, asthma, joint pains and menstrual pains. It also aids in digestion, purifies blood and keeps the skin away from problems such as acnes and pimples. It is a great energy booster as it provides us lots of energy. If you feel drained at any point of the day, a piece of jaggery with water can do wonders for you. Jaggery is a wonderful sweet that not only tastes delicious but also purifies the blood. It acts as a cleansing agent for our blood and purifies it. You simply have to add it to your diet and have its benefits. It also helps get rid of digestion problems. If you eat a piece of jaggery every day with water or milk, your body will be free from all toxins. Jaggery is a rich source of iron and if women add it to their daily diet, it helps them get rid of anemia. It is a must eat for all women, especially teenagers and pregnant women. Jaggery is great for your skin also. It makes your skin healthy and charming. If you have acne and pimples on your skin, eat jaggery every day. You will definitely see them going away and get a lovely and flawless skin. It is an age-old remedy to cure dry cough and cold. If you don’t like eating Jaggery in its raw form, you can try jaggery laddoos, which are made with sesame seeds and jaggery. They are very good in taste. Jaggery is, often, recommended to Asthma patients as it is a great remedy to cure asthma. It has such properties which regulate body temperature which is very good for Asthma patients. It also has anti-allergy properties.
4. Popcorn: Popcorn is kind of a big deal. Not just because it’s delicious, but it’s recently been found to actually be good for you. Really. A serving of popcorn contains more antioxidants than a day’s worth of fruits and vegetables. But that’s not to say that all popcorn is terrific for you, we’re talking plain popcorn here. A cup of plain pop only contains around 31 calories (compared to a cup of regular potato chips which holds around 139 calories…not exactly great). Popcorn also contains fiber and is the only snack that’s 100% whole grain. And whole grains are really good for you because they contain those antioxidants. In popcorn’s case, the antioxidants are found in the hull (the seedy part that gets stuck in your teeth) and are called polyphenols. Like all antioxidants, polyphenols help protect against cancers, heart diseases, and other illnesses that are caused by free radicals (cells that attack other healthy ones). Whole grains are also high in dietary fiber, rich in complex carbohydrates, and are low in fat, making popcorn a way better snack than anyone originally thought. And just because you’re not crazy about plain pop doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy its healthy benefits. Add on herbs like dill or curry, healthy oils such as olive or coconut, or sprinkle on some spices.
It is New Year’s Eve and it is the time to take some resolutions, set some goals, and welcome the new beginnings in your life. All the things you want will look far-off without a good health. So this year, choose some healthy lifestyle resolutions and add many more new year eves to your life.
With almost 23 years of my journey as a multispeciality primary care physician & preventive health specialist, I have always encouraged people to avoid serious health conditions by incorporating good and healthy habits into their lives.
I often come across people with immense success, wealth, and fame in their lives but in between an occupied schedule, they take health for granted. LiveLifeMore is on a mission help you 'add years to your life and life to your years'. So here we have 6 resolutions derived from a study conducted by British researchers that can increase your lifespan. The study included health records of over 600,000 people analyzing habits that add or remove years from their lives.
1. Boycott Tobacco From Your Life
The first and most common habit that always draws you to life-threatening severe diseases is the tobacco addiction. If you have never tried it, you should never too because a pack of 10 cigarettes a day can deduct 7 years from your life. Lung Cancer, Mouth & Neck Cancer, Peripheral Vascular Diseases, COPD ( Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease), Stroke and Heart Attack are common health issues caused by tobacco use. However, the study confirmed that in the long run if you use tobacco & decide to quit tobacco, you can regain the health of a non-smoker.
2. Reduce Cholesterol Levels
High blood cholesterol is a major reason for heart problems & strokes. It can reduce up to 8 months of your life. Some people have genetic cholesterol problems, but others indulge in wrong dietary plans that includes high saturated fats with almost no exercise routine. You can curb cholesterol levels with ideal diets and exercises for a healthy life.
3. Lose Excessive Weight
Overweight people, who managed to lose weight in the study gave excellent results. You can add two months to your life for throwing every one kilogram of that extra fat you have.
4. Balance your blood pressure
Every other heart-related problem was generated from imbalanced blood pressure. High blood pressure was the second most influential problem found in the study. A high blood pressure patient experiences 5.2 years short in his life due to some casual life-shortening effects. Stabilizing your BP level requires proper diet, exercise, and even medication sometimes.
5. Be Open-Minded to a Positive Lifestyle
Positivity is the fire to keep and negativity is the smoke to let go. Typically people tend to NEVER CHANGE their personalities. But a few alterations can allow positivity in your persona, your health, further guiding you to a longer and happier life. Everyone experiences obstacles in life but being positive ensures that your health is unaffected by these obstacles.
6. Stay Physically Active
The daily exercise study that was conducted on 5823 adults by Brigham Young University researchers proves that jogging 30-40 minutes or even walking briskly for that long can give you 9 years younger cells than your present age.
7. Ditch Soda
A study in the American Journal of Public Health concluded that drinking soda may be shortening your lifespan even if you are not overweight. This five-year long study confirmed that soda intake results in fewer telomeres (caps on the ends of chromosomes directly linked to aging). Except for diet soda, all other soda types affected our aging “clock” telomeres. However, many pieces of researches associate heavy diet soda intake to weight gain, type 2 diabetes, and depression- all potential life-shorteners.
8. Stop Sitting So much
Simply stand up more during the day and it’ll boost your longevity by increasing the length of your telomeres. This was found in a study from the British Journal of Sports Medicine. The study measured the effects of sitting time and physical activity among 49 sedentary, overweight participants. Researchers saw increment in telomere lengths of individuals indulged in physical activities for 6 months.
Diabetes Mellitus or simply Diabetes affects around 370 million global population. It is important to control high blood sugar level in diabetic conditions. Healthy eating, managing stress, being physically fit, and constantly taking prescribed medications should be in your new year resolutions to charm your life again and live happily for the long term with diabetes.
I, along with my co-founder Dietitian Pallavi Jassal & Team LiveLifeMore, sincerely wish your health & happiness in 2018 & always. By inculcating the above-mentioned modifications in your lifestyle, you can surely enhance your life quantitatively & qualitatively.
I am 25 years old, I have a anal fissures I have used medicines and i'm taking plenty of water and fiber food and lot of fruits, walking a day. Still why my stool is getting hard? Please suggest
I'm a 15 year old boy and my weight is 76 kgs. A lot of fat has been deposited in my chest which makes it look like I have breasts. Please tell me how to lose chest fat.
I am 23 years old. I have hypo thyroid and pcod. Need to reduce my weight. Please suggest me what should b an ideal weight.
I have been for gym from last 20 days and following a strict diet for weight loss protein diet some times im feeling acute pain on top of the head after heavy workout is it normal sir it is going after taking rest?
This article will indeed help you avoid excessive weight gain in winters and how to lose weight fast.
- Believe me, it’s so easy to pile up the kilos during winter. courtesy comforting fried foods (primarily paranthas/परांठा), sugar laden tea or coffee and even the tempting gur-gachak(गुड़गचक) and mom’s pinnies(पिन्नी).
- It’s the perfect time to think about wise food choices and portion control.
- Winter binging may easily cost you a weight gain of three to five kilos.
- The main reasons for weight gain are less physical activity during winter and of course increased consumption of heavier foods.
6 TIPS TO LOSE WEIGHT IN WINTER AND WEIGHT GAIN IN WINTERS
1. Get enough sunshine
A short pre or post lunch-time walk can provide sunlight which is good for your Vitamin D status.
2. Limit fatty foods
Foods such as fried snacks, puddings, pinnies, and chocolates can be limited to just once or twice a week.
3. Fill yourself up with fiber
Fill your plate or tiffin with lots of filling vegetables
Have soup before your dinner
Add oats, barley and dals(दाल) to help keep you fuller for longer.
4. Don’t skip workouts
Don’t skip the gym.
Fix days for workouts and try to follow it as well.
5. Weigh yourself every day
Get on the scale frequently to make you conscious if you are putting on weight.
Maintain a record of weight and inches as well.
6. Indulge in healthy drinking
Have at least 2-3 cups of green tea or green coffee.
Have light soups and broths.
Calories in Indian Sweets like Gulab Jamun, Gujia, Jalebi, Kheer, Icecream, Kaju burfi, Besan ladoos, Rasgulla etc.
Lack of awareness about foods & the calories they carry is the main culprit that adds kilos and inches around your waist. Knowing what you are eating and how it can contribute to becoming overweight can certainly make you a wise eater.
We all need to know that 1 teaspoon of whole sugar weighs 4 grams, and gives you 16 kilocalories of energy and 2 grams of carbohydrate. One piece of kaju katli gives you 120 kilocalories equivalent to quarter of single meals energy. Shocking, isn’t it?
Gujia 2 pieces 300
Gulab Jamun2 pieces 350
Halwa (rawa)1 bowl 181
Halwa (sohan halwa)1 bowl 399
Jalebi 3-4 pieces 494
Kheer (rice)1 bowl 247
Sandesh 2 pieces 80
Patisa 2 pieces 280
Rasmalai 2 pieces 320
Khoya burfi 2 pieces 300
Cocobut burfi 2 pieces 387
Ghia burfi 2 pieces 332
Kaju burfi 2 pieces 320
Chocolate burfi 2 pieces 240
Chenna murki 50 gm 260
Milkcake 2 pieces 450
Besan ladoos 2 pieces 340
Boondi ladoo 2 pieces 410
Rasgulla 2 pieces 300
Now you know how many calories your favorite sweets add to your diet, choose wisely and avoid piling kilos and inches.