Doctors in LiveLifeMore Diet and Wellness Clinic
Patient Review Highlights
Thanks to him I am totally satisfied with the results of his gain weight treatment. The staff was very attentive to my needs. One of my neighbour's recommended this Dr.Sandeep Jassal. I was quite concerned, as my health was degrading day by day, but due to my Sandeep Jassal and the gain weight treatment I didn't lose hope. The LiveLifeMore Diet & Wellness Clinic is designed in such a way that every patient feels at ease. He is so pleasant to talk to and always ready to answer your doubts. Sandeep Jassal has so much knowledge that for everything my family takes his reference.
I was having very bad thoughts regarding my leanniness. She is not just friendly, but also is very motivating. I have consulted so many doctors , but no one was able to give proper diet for gain weight. The friendliness of staff is the best in the LiveLifeMore Diet & Wellness Clinic. I had lost hope, but the gain weight treatment given by Pallavi Jassal has helped me regain my confidence.
From quite some time I was trying to lose weight. It was getting very difficult for me to cope us with my obesity. The overall atmosphere in the LiveLifeMore Clinic is very soothing. She is one of the best dieticians in city. Dt.Pallavi Jassal has so much knowledge that for everything my family takes herreference. Thanks to the expert care and guidance, I feel much better than before.
I feel so great after the completion of diet program. Even though Pallavi Jassal is not from our city, she is still very famous, so we consulted her. The atmosphere in the LiveLifeMore Diet clinic in chandigarh is always so positive and full of life. Pallavi Jassal has so much knowledge that for everything my family takes herreference. she gives the best diet charts.
My father was suffering from excess cholestrol level. I chose to consult Dr Pallavi, she provided the treatment for hypercholesterolemia, which benefitted him to the best. I owe her a big thank for such a beneficial treatment. The diet chat and the medication helped my father in the quick recovery.
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Sandeep Jassal to be well-reasoned. Thanks a ton for responding. I have tried all those things had Cheston Cold tablet, Ginger tea, Honey with Hot water... Nothing worked out. I am afraid whether I am having tonsils or not
The Aromatherapygiven to me by dr Sandeep Jaiswal brought lots of benefit in me. It gave lot of improvement in my health. I could manage my household work efficiently now. He can be visited at LiveLifeMore Diet & Wellness Clinic in Chandigarh.
Dr. Sandeep Jassal provides answers that are professional, very helpful, knowledgeable, inspiring and practical. Thanks for your instant reply, now my mother will stop eating tablets and start exercising after thus review.
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Sandeep Jassal to be knowledgeable, sensible, practical and prompt. Thank you sir. Please do tell me how do I avail the weight loss program?
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Sandeep Jassal to be caring. Yes. My information was inadequate for the dic to answer. I propose to take a blood test and post.
I found the answers provided by the Dt. Pallavi Jassal to be very helpful. Dr plz suggest then how can I prepare the drink which helps to weight loss
P Vinod Menon
Dr. Sandeep Jassal provides answers that are very helpful, well-reasoned, inspiring, professional and practical. Useful information.vinod.Thanks.
Dr. Sandeep Jassal provides answers that are very helpful. Had some knowledge after doctor suggestion
I found the answers provided by the Dt. Pallavi Jassal to be very helpful. Good answer
H S Sangha
A caring doctor diagnosing patient with full responsibility and less expenses . Thanks
Dt. Pallavi Jassal provides answers that are very helpful. Very helpful
Dr. Sandeep Jassal provides answers that are very helpful. Thanks
she is good and having soft heart and gave us great ideas
Excessive fat in the body can cause a host of health complications such as diabetes, blood pressure, gout and disorders related to the gallbladder. However, there are certain food types that can help you achieve a healthy body with optimal fat levels.
- Greek yoghurt: This type of yoghurt contains higher amounts of protein and fewer carbohydrates as compared to regular yoghurt. It will help you feel full for a longer duration and prevent over snacking.
- Green tea: Apart from its antioxidant properties which are beneficial for the body, it also raises the metabolic rate which helps in burning calories. Catechin is a compound present in green tea that aids in removing belly fat.
- Chili peppers: They contain a compound containing capsaicin that helps in boosting metabolism which in turn burns fat.
- Chicken: Chicken mostly consists of lean protein that requires more calories to digest as compared to digesting fats and carbohydrates. Lean protein also helps in building muscles in the body which burn more calories when the body is at rest.
- Cinnamon: Cinnamon aids the body in transporting the sugar into the cells so that it can be used as energy and not stored as fat.
- Eggs: Eggs are considered to be a type of super food as they contain plenty of minerals and vitamins. Eggs also contain protein that helps in feeling full for a longer duration.
- Non-starchy vegetables: Non-starchy vegetables such as carrots, squash and zucchini contain fiber that helps you feel fuller for a longer period of time. They also contain very less carbohydrates so they do not add much calorific value to the body.
Adding these foods to your daily diet will smoothen your fat loss journey due to their amazing properties. Hence, start having them daily to maintain a fitter and stronger body.
A dairy free diet has many implications. While it is considered as a healthy option by many, it also means that you are cutting off a supply of calcium and even some amount of protein. Calcium, as we all know, is the life giving force for your bonesand joints.
So how can you get your dose of calcium without dairy products? Here's a quick list!
- Beans: Get your fill of calcium with the protein and calcium rich chickpea. Other brown, black and white beans also have plenty of natural calcium sealed in each bean, which can be ingested on a daily basis. Legumes or smaller beans can also be used for your daily calcium fix. You can cook the legumes like an Indian dal and have it with a serving of rice, or make a yummy hummus with plenty of chickpeas and a touch of garlic. Toss beans soaked overnight in a salad bowl to enjoy calcium for lunch too!
- Fish: Salmon and sardines are known to be excellent and healthy sources of lean protein as well as Omega three fatty acids, which keeps the heart healthy above all else. But did you also know that fish contains plenty of natural calcium which can help your bones and joints too? So stock up on fish and enjoy as often as you can. Plus, salmon and sardines also give you a good dose of Vitamin D.
- Dry Fruits: Dry fruits like figs and almonds are packed with calcium among various other nutrients and minerals, which makes it ideal for a snack as well. Munch on these to get a constant dose of calcium even when you are on the go, or busy at work.
- Greens vegetables: If you thought green vegetables were only a good source of iron and magnesium, you may have to think again. Greens like bok choy are filled with essential nutrients including a good amount of calcium, vitamin A and C. Kale, turnip greens, seaweed and black eyed peas also make it to the list of calcium rich greens.
- Citrus fruits: Get plenty of calcium by starting your day with a glass of orange juice, blended to perfection with carrots as well. Use lemons in your salad and eat all the citrus fruits you can get your hands on. These are all excellent sources of calcium.
- Sesame Seeds: These seeds are rich in calcium and can also keep cancer at bay when taken regularly.
- Fox Nuts (Makhane): Fox nuts are rich in protein and calcium. Roasted fox nuts are a great snack also. Pack your diet with all the food groups for a balanced diet that will lead to a healthy lifestyle.
Other than consuming these foods, get a full body check up done to know how healthy you are.
Kidney stones are caused when certain minerals of your urine are retained and are not fully released, causing them to amalgamate and form a stone. Passing a kidney stone is one of the most painful experiences you may face physically. Its magnanimity is often compared to childbirth, and those who are suffering from kidney stones dread having this experience. If you are not yet affected by kidney stones and do not want to, read further to know what type of diet you need to follow in order to prevent it.
- Drink lots of water: On an average, a person must be drinking at least 3 liters of water every day. If you live in a more hot and humid climate, your water intake must be even more than that, so that on an average, 2.5 liters of urine is passed throughout the day, which decreases the chance of unnecessary retention of minerals from the urine and release them more easily from the body.
- Continue eating foods rich in calcium: It is a common misconception that calcium accelerates the formation of kidney stones. Calcium is digested by the intestine, only excess calcium cannot be digested by the intestine and is sent to the kidney. Continue consuming calcium rich foods unless your doctor prescribes you against it. Make sure your diet includes enough dairy products such as milk, cheeses, etc., or other calcium rich foods, such as oats and broccoli.
- Limit intake of oxalic acid: Oxalic acid is mostly found in foods obtained from plants. It restricts the absorption of calcium in the intestines and as a result, more calcium is passed into the kidneys; thus, forming calcium oxalate, or oxalate stones. Try to avoid foods, such as rhubarb, Swiss chard, nuts, tea, sweet potatoes, etc.;mainly leguminous plant products.
- Decrease the ingestion of sodium salts, sugar and meat protein: Salts and sugars, mainly found in packaged foods are used to prevent them from expiring. They increase the release of calcium and oxalates into the blood, which thus increases the chance to develop kidney stones. Meat contains fibers which affect certain nutrients in the kidney, thus aggravating the formation of stones.
- Increase the consumption of insoluble fibers: Insoluble fibers are those rough fibers which are not soluble in water during the process of digestion. They are found in rice, wheat, barley, etc., and are found to decrease calcium absorption in the kidney. They attach themselves to the calcium and oxalates, which enable them to be released as stool instead of urine.
Gone are the days when the sole purpose of having a salad was to lose the stubborn and unwanted body fats. Salads can be extremely healthy and nutritious. With salads around, the long and gruesome hours in the kitchen are a thing of the past. A bowl full of lip-smacking salad, well structured with fruits, vegetables and quality oils, will do your health a world of good. Preparing salads is no rocket science. Get all the ingredients together, and switch to the way of health and nourishment.
- A feeling of fullness like never before: Experiencing an irresistible craving for food? The salad is at your service. A bowl of salad will give you a feeling of fullness, keeping the hunger pangs and cravings at bay. With salads, you don't even need to be repetitive. A little modification and your taste buds are in for a treat.
- Say no to dehydration: Most of the vegetables that go into your salad have high water content. Scorching summers or sweltering heat can leave a person dehydrated. Salads come as a great relief. It works amazingly to hydrate your body, thereby re-energizing you fully.
- Lettuce to fight insomnia: If a good sleep is all that you desire, salad is what you need. 'Lactucarium', a substance found in lettuce, work miraculously to treat insomnia. All the more reasons to include lettuce leaves in your salad.
- The goodness of vitamins and minerals are retained: A lot of important vitamins, minerals and some enzymes (mostly digestive, that gets denatured) are lost to cooking. Taking in raw vegetables ensure that the important vitamins and minerals are not lost. Some raw vegetables contain important enzymes (live) that can greatly aid the digestion process.
- A salad rich in broccoli, avocados, bell peppers, berries Are a rich source of antioxidants. Such salads work wonders and are an excellent boost for the immune system.
- Do not let wrinkles and saggy skin bother you: Some of the fruits and vegetables present in the salad help in collagen synthesis, thus giving your skin a natural glow. It is needless to say that spinach, lettuce and romaine, that form an integral part of your salads, are excellent for the eyesight.
- Walnut oil, sunflower oil (organic), olive oil and pumpkin seed oil: These Are rich in omega fatty acids. Using these oils in salad dressings can be extremely beneficial.
- Some of the fibrous fruits and vegetables can effectively clean the intestine and colon.
The immune systems in your body are always at work trying to fend of many of the attacks that happen on it every day. Although it is able to protect the body most of the time, sometimes it fails in doing so. While medicines can help to restore the balance, it is advisable to include certain food items in your diet, which boost the immune system naturally. Let's take a look at six vegetables which can help your immune system in getting supercharged:
1. Ginger - This food item is very good in regulating mobility within the gut and regulating bowel movement and is also known to relieve nausea, cramping and bloating. Ginger is also known to have many anti-inflammatory properties as well as being an antioxidant and antimicrobial. All of this makes ginger very good for the immune system.
2. Wheatgrass - One of the most densely packed green nutritional food ingredients when consumed in the form of a juice, it helps the liver by increasing its ability to flush out toxins. This results in an improved immune system. Wheatgrass is also rich in B complex vitamins, beta carotene, chlorophyll, magnesium, potassium and many other vital nutrients.
3. Garlic - This vegetable has been used for centuries in home remedies such as to lower blood pressure, prevent blood clots and many others. Garlic is also known to boost healthy cholesterol. Inclusion of garlic in your diet will not only boost your immune system but it also contains 'allicin', which is known to improve the health of your heart.
4. Papaya - An extremely good food for digestion as well as digestion problems, the extracted enzyme from this plant known as papain, is used in many medications. Papaya is full of beta-carotene that is very well known to be good for the health of tissue, skin and the eyes as well as boosting the immune system through the production of vitamin A within the body.
5. Carrots - This is one vegetable which has been encouraged to be included in diets as it contains copious amounts of beta carotene and is extremely good for the eyes as well as boosting the immune system.
6. Turmeric - Possibly the most talked about ingredient on this list in the last few years, it is known to have almost an unending list of health benefits. Turmeric has detoxifying properties as well as being anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory and is great for digestion along with boosting the immune system.It is a rich source of minerals, such as Zinc, Iron, B group vitamins and Manganese, turmeric is also known to have cancer preventive properties.
Being at the peak of optimal health should be the goal of every individual. As the saying goes, 'Health is Wealth'. Certain food items will help you to reach the pinnacle of health if they are consumed regularly. These foods will not only keep you healthy and fit, but will also help the body to function properly with the nutrients it receives from them.
Given below is a list of foods that you should be eating for optimal health:
- Garlic: Garlic contains a compound called "allicillin", which is the major component to make garlic a healthy food item. Garlic is very effective to cure common colds and flu. Garlic also helps reduce high blood pressure. It reduces bad cholesterol and improves good cholesterol levels in the blood. Garlic also helps to detoxify your body. Treating osteoarthritis is another great benefit of eating garlic.
- Yogurt: Yogurt contains probiotics, which control bacterial growth which is harmful to your body. It also provides your body with calcium.
- Broccoli: Broccoli contains sulphur, which makes this green vegetable a cancer fighter. It contains sulforaphane which gives it this property.
- Oats: Oats help to control blood pressure and cholesterol level in the blood. They are also a great source of fibre for the body. Oats help keep your heart healthy.
- Beets: Beets are a rich source of multivitamins. They help to lower blood pressure and also lower the risk of any cardiovascular disease. Beets also help detoxify the body.
- Cabbage: Cabbage helps reduce the risk of having cancer. It also prevents heart diseases, gastrointestinal problems and Alzheimer's disease. Cabbage is loaded with vitamin A, vitamin C and vitamin K, which help it prevent osteoarthritis.
- Fish: Fish helps to control blood pressure. Fish oil can help slow down mental aging. The Omega-3 fatty acids present in fish are very important sources of protein.
- Eggs: Eggs are rich sources of proteins. They aid in the bodybuilding process and the repair and maintenance of the body.
- Spinach: Spinach is a rich source of antioxidants, calcium, vitamin A, vitamin K, and Omega-3 fatty acids. It helps fight cancer, and also detoxifies the body.
- Tomatoes: The vitamins and phytonutrients in tomatoes make them such a healthy food option which keeps cancer and heart diseases at bay.
White rice is originally Brown rice which has been thoroughly refined before it is made available in the stores. Rice grain in its natural unpolished state is rich in fiber, thiamine, proteins, magnesium, calcium, and potassium. Whole rice is also rich in fiber which is good for your digestive system and also aids you to manage your weight effectively. There is a raging debate over the type of rice which is good for your health.
The following are some of the pointers that compare white rice to brown rice:
- Calorie composition: White rice contains more calories when compared to brown rice. A cup of white rice comprises of 242 calories, while a cup of brown rice comprises of 218 calories. Brown rice is recommended to people who are interested to cut down on their calorie intake as a whole.
- Carbohydrates and Fiber composition: Both brown rice and white rice are rich in carbohydrate. A cup of brown rice comprises of 53 grams of carbohydrates and a cup of brown rice comprises of 46 grams of the same. But when it comes to fiber content, brown rice contains more fiber. Fiber is known to boost the blood cholesterol level and aids in weight management; therefore brown rice is more beneficial for help.
- Fat and Protein composition: In case of fat and protein composition, both types of rice have a low fat composition while a cup of each type of rice contains about 4.5 grams of protein.
- Vitamins and Minerals composition: Brown rice is known to contain more percentage of natural vitamins and minerals when compared to white rice. White rice is thoroughly refined which results in the loss of its natural properties. The manufacturers tend to add vitamins and minerals artificially during the processing of the whole rice grain.
- Glycemic Index: According to studies, foods which have a high glycemic index tend to increase your blood sugar level. As per the glycemic index, brown rice has a much lower glycemic index than white rice. The average glycemic index of white rice is about 89 while in case of brown rice it's 50.
It can be said that brown rice is much more nutritious than white rice due to its wholesomeness and higher concentration of nutrients. Brown rice is highly recommended to those people who are health conscious and tend to be careful about their calorie intake.
Inflammation can develop in various parts of the body owing to different factors. Inflammation can develop as a result of the immune system reacting to antigens. This is a natural occurrence which denotes that the body is working properly. On the contrary, inflammation can also happen if the immune system erroneously attacks the healthy tissues of the body. Such inflammations are collectively called arthritis.
It is difficult for a person who suffers from inflammation and the resulting pain to lead a normal life. The unending lists of pills that are prescribed to treat such a condition can become stressful at one point. However, if you wish to live a pill-free life, you can always opt for these natural remedies listed below.
- Pineapple Juice: Bromelain is a very effective enzyme that remains in high concentration in the tropical fruit pineapple. Exactly how bromelain reduces inflammation is a mystery, but studies show that the consumption of fresh pineapple juice in the morning can relieve the pain that is caused by inflammation. Therefore, drink this delectable, sweet treat every day and get some solace from the pain that is irking you lately.
- Turmeric: If you belong to an Indian home you must be very familiar with turmeric. It is used in almost every Indian dishes and you must have heard your grandmother narrating the manifold benefits of turmeric. Turmeric is one of the best natural remedies when it comes to the treatment of inflammation. To get the best results take a cube of the fruit with warm water every morning.
- Fish Oil: If one apple a day keeps the doctor away, fishes are also not very far behind, especially when it comes to the treatment of inflammation. According to research conducted by the Cardiff University of England, fishes that thrive in temperate waters like herring, trout, salmon and cod are rich in Omega-3 fatty acids that can cure inflammation and even autoimmune disorders like psoriasis, lupus and rheumatoid arthritis. You can either consume these fishes or you can consume the capsules that are made from the extract of these fishes, depending on their availability.
- Devil’s Claw: This is an age-old natural remedy for the treatment of inflammation caused by gouts or arthritis. Used widely among the Native Americans, devil’s claw gained popularity in the world of modern science when its multiple benefits were witnessed. Devil’s claw is a root that usually grows in continental Africa, especially in the arid regions. Obtaining the whole root could be difficult, but, you will easily get devil’s claw supplements in the market.
Are you tired of pills and their resultant side effects? Try these methods and see the difference.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Our body is a wonderful mechanism that uses different fuels like enzymes, lipids, hormones, bile, glucose and a plethora of other bodily fluids to ensure sound sustenance. A healthy body is that in which all these fuels exist in harmony. When this balance is disrupted, the vessel goes through a lot of disorders.
Uric acid is produced as a result of the breakdown of the body cells and some of the foods that we consume. Usually, the kidneys eliminate the excess uric acid from the body. However, when the kidneys fail to do so owing to kidney stones or other kidney conditions, the amount of uric acid increases in our blood-stream and causes a condition called gout, which is accompanied by inflammation of the joint.
Allopathic medicines that are prescribed to treat uric acid in the blood can cause a lot of side-effects including nausea, diarrhoea, and gastrointestinal disorders. Ayurvedic treatment, on the contrary, is an age-old method of curing disorders by the use of natural products that do not lead to any side-effects. Here is a quick discussion on some of the major Ayurvedic components that can treat uric acid-
- When the Sanskrit term “Triphala” is translated into English, it means three fruits. The three fruits that are used to make this Ayurvedic blend are Amalaki, Bibhitaki and Haritaki. All these fruits induce detoxification. Uric acid is nothing but surplus body toxic. Triphala purifies the body by working against this excess toxic.
- According to Ayurveda, the body is made up of five elements, fire, air, water, earth, and space. Pitta dosha is a condition that is accompanied by the increase of the fire element in the body. Uric acid is indeed produced in excess by fiery foods like animal organs such as liver, alcoholic drinks, and sea foods. Some Ayurvedic medicines use natural components like Neem, Katuki and Manjistha to cure uric acid which develops due to pitta dosha.
- Giloy, also known as Tinospora is an Ayurvedic component that strengthens the immune system and Daruhaldi, also known as Barbery, is another component that reduces inflammation of the joint.
- Ayurvedic drugs are made up of various herbs working in synergy to cure the disorienting symptoms of uric acid. These herbs include Amla, Haritaki, Bahera, Vacha, Neem, Manjistha, Katuki, Giloy, Daruhaldi.
A person with uric acid must stay away from foods rich in purine and fructose. Apart from taking Ayurvedic drugs one can also consume fruits like strawberries, grapes, blueberries, and cherries, drink 2-3 liters of water every day, add baking soda to their diet to fight excess uric acid.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!