Treatment of Rheumatic Complaints
Kora Method Slimming Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Sexual Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Holistic Healing CenterYour feedback matters!
Chronic nightmares are caused by a lot of internal as well as external factors. It can cause sleep disorders and can affect your overall health. Some of the key reasons that contribute to chronic nightmares are mentioned below:
- Stress and anxiety: Anxiety can come in many forms. It can happen due to simplest of reasons such as moving to a new place to joining a new job, suffering from trauma to losing a close one in the family, etc. Stress as a result of these can lead to bad dreams and chronic nightmares.
- Media: Suspense shows or scary movies are also known to cause nightmares. Recalling visual imagery from a recently watched horror movie during sleep can appear in the dream without any intervention. The brain can create a sequence and produce imagery based on one’s recent thinking process.
- Depression: A Finnish Study showed that more than 28 percent who suffers from depression get nightmares at night. A negative mindset coupled with poor self-confidence can lead to chronic nightmares resulting in sleep disturbances.
- Traumatic experience: Any recent experience of surviving a natural disaster, violence in the relationship, major vehicle accident, are frequently linked with nightmares. More than 50 percent of the people with PTSD suffer from nightmares reveals the National Center for PTSD, USA.
- Drugs and Medications: People coming out from recent medication such as barbiturates, narcotics and antidepressants often suffer from hyperactive neurotransmitter leading to nightmares. Withdrawal from alcohol and recreational drugs are also known to be responsible for chronic nightmares.
- Snacking Before Bedtime: Often eating before sleeping triggers the metabolism and signals are sent to the brain to be more active than usual. Junk foods and spicy meals should be especially avoided to refrain from chronic nightmares.
- Inability to Relax: Inability to relax gradually builds up a basic level of underlying arousal process which later contributes more in further reaction towards stress.
- Conflicting Material: Any conflicting material which we are not aware of might lay embedded in our subconscious mind, which might contribute to repeated nightmares.
So basic idea is to learn some relaxation technique and practice those. If the condition persists then it will call for a detailed assessment and may be some medication besides Psychological measures.
How to get rid of nightmares?
- Treat the underlying symptoms: It is important to identify the cause of the nightmares. Often stress, PTSD, anxiety and depression can cause nightmares. Once the cause is identified, medical help or self-help techniques can be employed to overcome it.
- Exercise: Exercise tires the body and relaxes the brain. From dancing to rock climbing, running to rowing, hitting a gym to brisk walking, one form of exercise should be daily practised to make sure you get sound sleep during the night.
- Talk to your doctor: If you are undergoing any medication that involves withdrawal, anxiety, narcotics, you should immediately consult a doctor about the effects of medicine. A doctor can either reduce the dosage of medicine or change the medicine altogether to address the problem
- Stress Reduction: Stress can be reduced by practising yoga and meditation. You can also take a hot shower before going to sleep to calm yourself down. A relaxed mind goes a long way in ensuring sound sleep during the night.
Viral infections usually lead to viral fever, which is characterised by high body temperatures and body ache
The main cause of viral fever is infection. It is contagious, and it spreads from one person to another by coming in contact directly with an infected person’s body fluids.Viruses Viruses are spread when an infected person sneezes, coughs, yawns or talks. Tiny particles of viruses are sprayed into the air, and if a healthy person is close enough, he/she can get infected and may start showing symptoms of fever anywhere between 16 to 48 hours
Symptoms of viral fever and other critical conditions can often be similar, which makes it hard to diagnose it. Thus it is important to know the exact symptoms of viral fever. In case, you or any other member of your family, are incapacitated with high fever, look out for the following symptoms
1. Fever can be intermittent, that is, it comes and goes in intervals
2. Fever is usually accompanied with chills (feeling of coldness induced by high fever)
3. Medicines do not work effectively
4. Fever persists longer than normal
5. Severe joint pains
6. Swollen face
Viral feverusually usually subside on their own, and can last for more than a week. But you should remember that antibiotics do not treat viral fever. Antibiotics are meant to kill bacteria, not viruses. So taking antibiotics during viral fever is not advised since it would not cure your symptoms, only give you an unpleasant case of acidity. Instead, you can take decongestants and over-the-counter anti-fever medications. If you lose a lot of body fluids (due to vomiting or diarrhoea), you need to consume fluids that will restore lost electrolytes, such as sport drinks or Gatorade. You can also try the following home remedies:
1. Coriander tea
2. Fenugreek water
3. Dill seeds porridge
4. Dry ginger concoction
5. Rice starch
6. Tulsi leaves
Viral fever can be prevented, and you don’t need to adopt any extreme measures. You can do simple things such as
1. Regularly wash your hands
2. Abstain from going to crowded places
3. Don’t touch your nose and mouth without washing your hands
4. If you do have a cold, cover your nose or mouth with a clean hanky while sneezing, coughing or yawning
Constipation is emerging as a common disease of the digestive tract. Constipation can make your bowels movement irregular and as a result it is not completely emptied. Constipation can lead to many diseases by producing the toxins in the body. Constipation weakens the vital organs and lowers the immunity of the body. Appendicitis, rheumatism, arthritis, high blood pressure and cancer are a few of the diseases in which chronic constipation plays an important part. The number of motions for normal health depends from person to person.The following are some insights on understanding constipation its causes,symptoms and home remedies to relieve constipation naturally.
How do I treat the constipation?
The following home remedies will treat the constipation.
Diet: The most important factor in curing constipation is a natural and simple diet. This should consist of unrefined food such as whole grain cereals, bran, honey and lentils; green leafy vegetables, like spinach, beans, lettuce, celery, asparagus, carrot.
Water: drinking water regularly keeps you hydrated, relieves the constipation by cleans the system and eliminate the poisons from the body. Normally six to eight glasses of water should be taken daily as it is essential for digesting and dissolving food nutrients so that they can be absorbed and utilized by the body.
Fruits: Generally all fruits, except banana and jack fruit, are beneficial in the treatment of constipation.
Pears are beneficial in the treatment of constipation.
Guava fruit when eaten with seeds, gives roughage to the diet and helps in the normal evacuation of the bowels.
Grapes: have also proved highly beneficial in overcoming constipation. The grapes have the cellulose; natural sugar and organic acid make them a natural laxative fruit. Not only they clean the bowel, but also tones up the stomach and intestines to relieve the chronic constipation.
Linseed: is extremely useful in difficult cases of constipation. One teaspoon of linseed with warm water should be taken at night for bulk and lubrication.
Dry fruits: Such as figs, raisins, apricots and dates.
Proper chewing: The diet alone is not enough. Food should be properly chewed-each morsel for at least 20 times.
Exercise: Simple exercises like walking, swimming strengthens the abdominal muscles and prevent the constipation.
Yoga: Certain yoga asana like bhujangasana, halasana, shalabhasana, yogamudra, dhanurasana also help to bring relief from constipation as they strengthen the abdominal and pelvic muscles and stimulate the peristaltic movement of the bowels.
Headache is a pain in any part of the head, including the scalp, upper neck, face (including the eye area).
A primary headache is caused by problems with or overactivity of pain-sensitive structures in your head. A primary headache isn't a symptom of an underlying disease.
What are the causes and triggers?
The three most common causes of a primary headache are:
- Cluster headache
- Tension-type headache
Some primary headaches can be triggered by lifestyle factors, including:
- Alcohol, particularly red wine
- Certain foods, such as processed meats that contain nitrates
- Changes in sleep or lack of sleep
- Poor posture
- Skipped meals
Doctors focus on determining whether a headache has another cause. They also check for symptoms suggesting that a headache is caused by a serious disorder. If no cause is identified, they focus on identifying which type of a headache is present.
Tips that could help before seeking consultation:
- Try to keep stress in check. Stay organized and prepared to minimize stressful situations. Have some fun, and don't overdo it at work.
- Try incorporating meditation or yoga in your daily regime
- Apply a heating pad, hot water bottle or warm compress to aching muscles. Or take a hot shower.
- Practice good posture to ease muscle strain. While standing, keep shoulders back and head level, buttocks and abdomen pulled in. While sitting, keep your head straight and thighs parallel to the floor.
When to seek consultation?
In people with headaches, certain characteristics are cause for concern; these people should immediately seek medical consultation:
- It occurs more frequently than usual
- Are more severe than usual
- Worsen or don't improve with appropriate use of over-the-counter drugs
- Prevent you from working, sleeping or participating in normal activities
- Headaches that cause you distress, and you would like to find treatment options that enable you to control them better
- Tenderness at the temple (as when combing hair) or jaw pain when chewing
- The presence of cancer or a disorder that weakens the immune system
- Use of a drug that suppresses the immune system
- Red eyes and halos seen around lights
If you are experiencing certain other symptoms like- headaches that increase in frequency or severity, headaches that begin after age 50, worsening vision, weight loss
A headache can be a symptom of a serious condition, such as a stroke, meningitis or encephalitis. Go to a hospital emergency room or your local emergency number if you have the worst headache of your life, a sudden, severe headache or a headache accompanied by:
- Confusion or trouble understanding speech
- Fainting, drowsiness, confusion
- High fever, greater than 102 f to 104 f (39 c to 40 c)
- Numbness, weakness or paralysis on one side of your body
- Stiff neck
- Trouble seeing, speaking or walking
- Nausea or vomiting (if not clearly related to the flu or a hangover)
If people with none of the above symptoms or characteristics start having headaches that are different from any they have had before or if their usual headaches become unusually severe, they should call a doctor.
Doctors can usually determine the type or cause of headaches based on the medical history, symptoms, and results of a physical examination. Depending on their other symptoms, the doctor may advise taking an analgesic or ask them to come for an evaluation.
My friend is having fever for last 2 days. What medicine he should take? Also tell about food good for him.
Madam or sir please to solve my problem my face was full of black spots my age 18 years old so please suggest some measures to remove black spots and pimples I am used honey lime aloevera there is no use please tell me what I do.
My throat is paining a lot. I am even unable to speak. In every breathe I feel pain. 2 days ago I had cold. Kindly suggest me what to do.
Having headache at one side not daily but after some days passed how can I treat it home remedies for it.
Sir, I have a problem of severe hair fall caused due to scalpe type dandruff problem on my head. I have been using ketzonohole shampoo and vitamin tablets from last 7 months but there is no improvement on my scalpe. It causes so much irritation on my head. I have using mindoxil solution 10% from 7 months. Plzz suggest any useful remedies of this severe hair fall.
Acne scars are not just embarrassing, but in some cases are painful as well. However, with these below mentioned derma treatments you can easily get rid of these scars.
- Derma rollers: Derma rollers are small rollers that contain dozens of needles 0.25 mm in diameter and up to 2 mm in length. They reach the papillary dermis of the skin (deeper than the lasers and peels). Derma roller rips the fibrous connections intergrown by scars and strongly stimulates the healing processes, that is, the collection of macrophage and growth factors. The results are visible six weeks after the treatment. They are especially suitable to people with darker complexion.
- Laser Treatment: A dermatologist is the best option if the acne scars don’t reduce or fade away with time. Collagen is one of the building blocks of your skin and is an essential protein. Fractionated laser is a new technology that can smooth the surface of your skin and promote new collagen formation. Laser treatment can obliterate the scar and help smooth skin to form in its place instead. Filler injections help fill any indentation resulting from deeper acne scars. The only drawback to this is that fillers need to be re done after every 6 months or so as it gets reabsorbed over time into the skin.
- Time heals all wounds: Patience is very important when you want to see scars fade away. Newly formed blood vessels, few weeks after the scar is formed, nourish the skin. Most scars in their early stages look pink for this reason. Collagen starts forming months later and fills in the injuries on the skin. Fat cells and skin are destroyed in cystic acne; so for the scars to vanish completely, it might take a year or more.
- Prevention Tips: The best preventive method for scar formation is not to squeeze pimple. Popping a pimple leads to deeper infiltration of bacteria and pus. This damages the collagen further. A common skin care myth is that Vitamin E helps scars in healing faster. Contrary to prior belief, direct application of Vitamin E on a scar might hinder the healing process instead of facilitating it.
- Use a sunscreen: Use a sunscreen with a high SPF over 30. The middle of the day is the worst time to step out in the sun. Reapply the sunscreen every two hours, if you sweat profusely.