Doctor in Dr. B.K. Waraich
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Management of Emergency Conditions
Manual Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. B.K. WaraichYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
My only child, my son is autistic . we had consulted numerous doctors for his treatment. he couldnt be healed but could atleast be in a better condition with medication or therapy. we lost all hope but one of our friend forced us to consult dr dr B.K. Waraich at her clinic in chandigarh for the last try. i am so happy i agreed because my son has been better after her therapy for autism she has given and her medications. She is god send for us. I owe her big time. we are still taking the treatment.
I have consulted so many doctors , but no one was able to solve my mental disorder. I consulted Dr Waraich who gave hypnotherapy, and it benefitted me alot. I am quite impressed with the way seh treated. Thanks to the expert care and guidance, I feel much better than before. She has a broad knowledge in the field of Psychiatry.
Due to my depression my daily activities were suffering. She is very talented and seasoned doctor. The friendliness of staff is the best in the dr B.K. Waraich. Finally with hertreatment, I am completely cured from the disease. She definitely is aware about the latest and advanced ways to treat serious cases.
Dr Waraich is really like god send person. she has in depth knowledge and ensures that she explains the problem in detail. she gave me a obsessive compulsive disorder treatment. Both she and staff were very helpful. The Waraich cinic is designed in such a way that every patient feels at ease.
I was in chandigarh when my wife’s problem of depression started getting out of hand, then we met with dr B.K. Waraich. She listened to our problem in detail regading Abnormal Behavior and gave us suitable medications, and therapies at her own clinic dr B.K. Waraich located at Chandigarh
dr B.K. (Simmi) Waraich helped me tremendously when I was in a very bad spot due to my anxiety. She has consistently been professional, kind & empathetic towards me. Thanks for treatment. She can be consulted at dr B.K. Waraich in Chandigarh.
she did my psychoanalysis. She is one of the best physicians in city. Everything was just spick and span in the Dr Waraich. By chance, I approached her for second opinion and thank god, i did because, she treated me very nicely.
I visited dr B.K. (Simmi) Wagaich at her clinic in Chandigarh about abnormal behavior treatment in regards to anger issues and insomnia. She helped me focus on my well-being and be comfortable with my surroundings.
dr B.K. (Simmi) Waraich is the Best doctori have experienced.She has not only helped me in anger managment but my work related issues too at her clinic dr B.K. Waraich in Chandigarh. Thank you
I found the answers provided by the Dr. B.K. (Simmi) Waraich to be professional. Thanx mam
Dr. B.K. (Simmi) Waraich provides answers that are very helpful. Damm Awsm
Do you have an overstressing nature? Do you have to deal with so many things in life that it leaves you overwhelmed and stressed out? Do you want to control this nature of yours so that you can get a better grip on your life? In today’s fast paced society and modern lifestyle, there are too many things which can make you feel overwhelmed. There are several ways, following which you can change your overwhelming nature and be at peace. The most important ones are as follows:
- Step out: If you are trapped in a place of overwhelming confusion, you can never get away from feeling overwhelmed. You need to step away and leave such situations and places in order to see your circumstances from a different and fresh perspective. You should do things like moving to a different room, going out for a walk, or stepping out from a certain conflict. This enables you to shift away from the situation you are in.
- Analyze what is important: When you are feeling overwhelmed, your mind becomes clouded by the work at hand, and by thoughts. This is what causes you stress. You have to think what the most important thing for you is while stepping out from an overwhelming situation. It is important for you to know how you want to feel. Focus on important things and the things which really concern you, instead of the overwhelming preoccupation.
- Avoid juggling thoughts: Usually, a lot of things go on inside your head when you are overwhelmed. Different thoughts, ideas, and perceptions clamp up in your mind, cluttering your mental space. You need to get rid of these thoughts for controlling your overwhelming nature. You can try writing down all these thoughts. This is an effective way of sorting your things out.
- Giving up control: It is important for you to realize that you cannot do everything just by yourself. There are many tasks which are doable alone, but it adds to your stress and triggers your overwhelming nature. You may think that you are not dependent on anyone and can manage everything yourself, but sometimes you should stop doing everything and focus only on the parts you enjoy. By taking assistance of others, you will be able to reduce your load, and concentrate on the things you love.
- Asking for help: You should start taking other people’s help instead of being too much self dependent. There are many people in the world who want to help, and by accepting it, you will only feel good in the end.
Another important thing to do for controlling over overstressing nature is to shut all noise which gets in the way of your peace. You should take a break to relax your mind in the most ideal way you like.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Do you know that all the facts you know and have heard regarding post traumatic stress disorder are not true? Post traumatic stress disorder or PTSD is a mental health condition, which occurs because of a certain traumatic past event, witnessed or experienced by an affected patient. As there are several myths about this condition, it is important for you to get your facts right regarding PTSD.
Myth: Post traumatic stress disorder only affects war veterans.
Fact: Even though PTSD is common among war veterans, the condition is capable of affecting any person. It is expected that almost 70% people of the world gets exposed to some kind of traumatic event during their lifetime, and almost 20% of them end up with this mental condition. The victims of physical abuse and sexual harassment are very likely to develop PTSD. Women are more likely to experience this condition on the basis of traumatic experiences such as rape, beatings, and interpersonal violence.
Myth: People should be able to move on in life after facing a traumatic event. Those who cannot get over and cope are weak people.
Fact: Many people who experience a traumatic event of extreme intensity go through periods of adjustment after the situation. Most people become capable of getting back to normal life after some time of therapy and treatment. However, the stress which is caused due to the trauma gravely affects a person’s emotional, mental, and physical well-being. Prolonger trauma is capable of disrupting and altering a person’s brain chemistry. The views, perceptions, and thinking patterns of many people change after a traumatic event. This results in PTSD.
Myth: People develop PTSD right after experiencing a traumatic life event.
Fact: The symptoms of PTSD start developing within three months of experiencing an extremely traumatic situation, but they also might not show or appear before several months, or even years in some cases. The symptoms are likely to be experienced for several years after the traumatic event. In some cases, the symptoms may subside or leave, only to reoccur again at a later stage in life. This is common in the case of victims who have experienced extreme situations of child abuse in the past.
Many people do not recognize that they are suffering from PTSD. This is because they may not relate the current symptoms they experience with the past traumatic event. In cases of domestic violence, a victim may fail to realize that his or her prolonged abuse exposure is harmful.
Are you suffering from depression and it is hampering your daily life and activities? Are you so sad and preoccupied that you cannot focus on the brighter side of life? Depression is capable of causing great stress, anxiety and can even make you suicidal. There are many ways by which you can cure depression, and get back to a healthy life, with a healthy and untroubled mind. They are as follows:
- Stay in touch with people: You must not withdraw from everyday life and isolate yourself. This actually makes things worse for you. Instead, you should socialize and keep in touch with people. This will enable you to share your feelings with others and improve your mood.
- Stay active: Depression may make you tired and stressed, and you may not feel like getting up. However, you should stay active by taking up some form of workout. This is likely to improve your state of mind. Start with walking for 20 minutes every day, if you have not been in touch with regular exercise for a long time.
- Stand up to your fears: Instead of succumbing to your fears and avoiding them, you need to face them strongly. When feeling low and stressed out, it is likely for you to avoid other people, abstain from going out, or travelling. If you face such situations, do not give in to them. Instead try to oppose them.
- Do not drink too much: Alcohol may seem like a good solution for keeping away from your depression and negative thoughts. However, you must not drink excessively for coping with your problem, as this is capable of making you even more depressed instead of solving your problem. Alcohol should be avoided in depression as it is a CNS depressant and may worsen depression. Exercise increases endorphins and BDNF which are natural mood elevators.
- Maintain a healthy diet: When you are suffering from depression, it is likely for you to develop food aversion, which might result in undesirable weight loss. Some people find a resort in food and become overweight by overeating. Several medicines for treating depression also affect your appetite negatively. If you want to avoid the extremes of eating more or eating less, you need to consult a GP and get an ideal diet chart, which will keep you healthy.
- Get a professional treatment: In case your depression does not improve and if you feel like harming yourself, it is important for you to talk to your doctor. There are several treatment procedures for depression, which include talk therapy, self-help measures, and anti-depressant medicines.
There are plenty of ways by which you can get over depression. You should start making some major changes to your regular lifestyle, make a daily routine for yourself, and try to realize that both good and bad are a part of life, which you cannot change or avoid. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychiatrist.
Do you think hallucination involves only seeing things which are not real? There is much more to it actually and you may even smell or touch something, which does not exist. Hallucinations occur from various causes, primarily because of mental illnesses and nervous system disorders in your body. It is important for you to know about the different types of hallucinations, which are commonly experienced, along with their causes.
Types of hallucinations
- Hearing voices: This is known as auditory hallucinations in which you hear sounds and voices coming from within your mind or from outside. These voices might talk to each other as if they are trying to tell you something.
- Seeing things: This is called visual hallucination in which you see things, which actually do not exist. You might observe snakes crawling on your hands, but it is unreal. You can also see flashes of lights, and spots or shapes of bright colors.
- Smelling things: This type of hallucination is called olfactory hallucination in which you might sense a certain odor coming from your body, or from your surroundings.
- Tasting things: Known as gustatory hallucinations, you might find an odd or weird taste in something you are eating or drinking.
- Feeling things: This phenomenon is called tactile hallucination. You may feel that you are being tickled, or poked in spite of no one being around you. You might also feel that insects or snakes are crawling under your skin. Feeling a blast of hot air on the face is also likely.
Causes of hallucinations
- Schizophrenia accounts for being the primary cause of hallucinations and above 70% of the patients with this condition suffer from visual hallucinations, while others hear voices.
- Parkinson’s disease is another disease, which causes visual hallucinations in patients.
- Alzheimer’s disease and certain other types of dementia also account for causing hallucinations because of changes in the brain.
- People suffering from migraines may experience a form of visual hallucination known as aura. It resembles a crescent of multicolored light.
- Brain tumor causes hallucinations based on its exact location. In case of brain tumor in an area which controls vision, visual hallucinations are indicated. Smell and taste hallucinations are also likely.
- The condition called Charles Bonnet syndrome causes visual hallucinations in patients with cataract, macular degeneration, and glaucoma.
- Patients suffering from epilepsy are also prone to hallucinations. Different types of hallucinations are likely along with seizures, which are a common part of the condition. The exact type of hallucination caused depends on the part of your brain, which is affected by seizures. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychiatrist.
I'm getting angered over a very small issues in my life. Nowadays I'm very obsessed with my career I'm trying my best to earn money and doing a lot of hard work but none I think stars are not in my favour every single day is becoming a challenge for me and I'm getting depressed. I'm trying a lot to go abroad but the process is getting delayed from the past 2 years. Because of this I'm getting extremely angry and my health is getting worse due to continuous anger. Nothing is working out for me, I'm a PhD graduate and I'm not at all satisfied with my career and earnings. My whole day starts and ends with a lot of tension. Is there any kind of past regression recovery therapy through which I'll be mentally stable.
Are you suffering from social anxiety phobia and are looking for ways to get over it? Social anxiety refers to the anxiety in anticipating any kind of social situation or after a certain situation. The fear of evaluation accounts for being the primary factor of social anxiety phobia. Here are the various ways by which you can deal with social anxiety phobia:
Self-help Manual: Self-help manuals are a supplement for this therapy. They act as an effective tool, which helps you to work on your own.
Visit a Therapist: In case your social anxiety phobia is hampering things you need to do along with your social activities, and your self-help measures have failed, you need a therapist. Choose a therapist who specializes in anxiety disorders.
Practice Deep Breathing Regularly: Engaging yourself in deep breathing, before a situation which provokes or triggers your social anxiety, is effective. You need to undertake deep breathing for several minutes every day. This will make it a habit for you, so that you do not focus too much on deep breathing during a situation, thereby missing out on the conversation.
Create an Exposure Hierarchy: An exposure hierarchy refers to a list. In this list, you have to write down about all the various types of situations when your social anxiety phobia gets triggered. The list has to be made in a ladder format, and by performing the easiest behaviors first, you should move up the list. For creating exposure hierarchy, you should note down 10 anxiety triggering social situations you experience, and rate them on a scale of 100. You can also join Toastmasters, which is a website where links to several worksheets based on coping with social anxiety are provided.
Create your Goals: When you feel anxious, it is likely for you to eliminate anything positive during that situation. You might be doing great, but yet face distress in everyday activities because of feelings of anxiety. For this purpose, it is recommended for you to create objective behavioral goals.
Maintain a Rational Outlook: Try to get rid of any bleak thoughts, which hamper your performance and trigger your social anxiety phobia. Also stay away from any kind of unrealistic thoughts, which are positive in an irrational way. Before any situation which enhances your anxiety, you should convince yourself about how it is a familiar situation to you, which you have dealt with smoothly in the past.
If your social anxiety phobia is getting in the way of achieving your goals and is disabling you from living the kind of life you seek, it is important for you to consult a Psychiatrist and go for regular therapy sessions.
Do you find it too hard to figure out what to wear? Does taking some important decision leave you feeling paralyzed? These indicate that you suffer from compulsive indecisiveness. Struggling with this problem leaves you stuck in one place and causes you distress. Fear of taking the wrong decision is the primary reason, which makes people indecisive. It is also likely for you to bother too much about what other people think of you.
Here are five important steps, which you should take for overcoming compulsive indecisiveness:
- Forget your fear: Fear of something often causes indecisiveness. You need to figure out and write down your fears and what you would do if these occur. If you are indecisive about a job change or whether the new job will be paying you less, you should analyze how the reduced income will affect your life and how you can deal with it.
- Tune into your emotions: Maximum people who suffer from compulsive indecisiveness and struggle at making major decisions tend to over analyze situations a bit too much. In some cases, you cannot create an easy perception or a suitable side for a situation in spite of stressing over it from various angles. The situation will remain the same, no matter how much you think. Write down your options, think about them, rate them, and choose the top rated option.
- Practice on small things: For improving upon your indecisiveness, you should start practicing by taking small decisions every day. Aim at taking 10 major decisions everyday such as where to go for lunch, which route to take to work and more. Slowly, practice taking decisions quickly instead of pondering over a situation. Try to make instant decisions in various spheres of life.
- Learn to trust yourself: You need to list all your strengths. Write down whether you think if you are smart, creative or funny. Ask yourself whether you can infuse your strengths into your process of decision making. Try to test your strengths in all kinds of matters. Once you are sure of your strengths, you will be able to achieve your goals without hesitation.
- Pick one thing at a time: You should pick things and matters one at a time to focus on. If there are several things which bother you and add to your indecisiveness, try to handle them one by one. This way you will be able to give all your focus to one matter, and overcome your fears related to it. After that, move on to another fear.
It is important for you to let go and refrain yourself from analyzing whether a decision which you had taken is right or wrong. Instead, focus on activities which matter to you and do not ponder over old decisions. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist.