Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Calicut and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Roshan KhanYour feedback matters!
Wisdom teeth pain, from 3 weeks swelling appearance cause much pain please gave me treatment for pain.
What to do if my one teeth has just stepped over another one and i want back in perfect position? please reply the solution for this without using clips.
Hello sir, I am from bhagalpur bihar. I have faced a problem with my mouth. I have bad smell in my mouth. I can't remove it ever. All market's paste is used by me. But no one is sucessfull. May you some advice for me?
One of my family members has impacted tooth 3, 2 on upper gums, 1 on lower gum. What kind of treatments are there, is surgery the only option?
Enamel loss is nothing but tooth enamel erosion and this is quite a pathetic kind of oral condition. If the eroded enamel does not get restored, then your oral condition will get deteriorated to a great extent.
Teeth enamel plays the most important role in protecting teeth and if this layer gets eroded, then your teeth will get heavily damaged. Your teeth will not only get eroded, but the real dental color will also get changed.
Why enamel erosion occurs?
- Drinking excessive hot or cold: Your enamel is very much sensitive to hot or cold food items and as a result of which email loss is invited.
- Having fruit drinks: Citric acid in the fruit drinks is the element that can cause enamel erosion.
- Sugary diet: Excessive sugary diet is the very prominent cause of this kind of dental condition and thus you should take more and more of non-sugary foods.
- Environmental factors: There are many environmental factors that are responsible for enamel loss, and they are corrosion, stress, tear, wear, friction and others.
- Medications: Few medications are there that can cause enamel erosion and these medicines are antihistamines, aspirin and many more.
- Gastrointestinal troubles: These kinds of troubles are prone to the frequent erosion of tooth enamel and thus these problems need to be resolved as soon as possible.
What are the leading treatments for restoring enamel loss?
- Using fluoride toothpaste and mouthwash: There are many talented dentists who are strongly recommending the usage of both fluoride mouthwash and toothpaste so that tooth decay can be easily prevented. These products are now commercially available over-the-counter.
- Routine dental check-up: Daily dental check-up is needed so that oral condition can be checked so that the causes and signs of enamel loss can be detected, and then only perfect treatments can be easily applied.
- Taking vitamin-D supplements: there are many drugs and supplements that are enriched with vitamin-D, and they can be taken on a regular basis so that decayed enamel can be easily restored in a safe manner. Coconut oil can be taken in addition to these supplements for getting greater oral benefits.
- Cosmetic restoration options: There are many enamel-restoration options that can be cosmetically performed. Some of the popular options are crowning, filling, and others. On the other hand, leading a healthy lifestyle is also very important in this regard.
What are the remedies for tooth decay? How we can prevent it? Whether there is any home ingredient to avoid it?
I got my braces removed in last December the dentist given me retainers but after two or three months the I stopped wearing retainers and teeth are moving back to it's original place then I started to wear my retainers again but from last 2 months the retainers are not fitting perfectly and coming off What should I do? I don't want to wear retainers or is it compulsory?
I am suffering from pain in my teeth at the right side when I drink cold water from last week so please suggest me so that I can get rid of it.
Hello sir, I am 41 yrs old. I m suffering from jaw pain right side since last 2 yrs. I consult many Dr. Like ent, dentist n many more. But no result. I take laser treatment also from dentist. Take many medicine from Dr. But pain as it is. Mri n ct scan report r normal. Now I take dynapar *mr but when I leave it pain is start again. So give me permenant solutions for it. Pain is front of ear and behind ear lawver side but to. Please do needful as soon as possible.
I am 25 year old and having gum bleeding since last 05 years . It bleeds when brush also. Please suggest me treatment. There is black spots also appears since one year
Brushing is a daily routine of everyone’s life.Many among us do not know how to brush the teeth in correct manner.There are many aspects other than brushing alone which cannot be overlooked.
There are several methods and techniques which are recommended by the dentist for tooth brushing.Some of them are,
A. Charter method B. Bass method C. Stillman method D. Fones method.
These are meant for particular cases depending on his/her oral condition. Though these techniques are not meant for every individual there are certain common mistakes we must avoid while doing brushing. Today I will tell you the most common mistakes we make while brushing,
1) The wrong angle:
The angle of the brush should be 45 degree to the gum line for to have greater efficiency in cleaning. This angle ensures the safe brushing without wearing of tooth and injuries to gums.This is the first step.
Second step is moving the brush on vertical (upside down/downside upward) cleans the food debris between the two teeth. Horizontal rubbing to the front surface of tooth leads to faster tooth loss and less efficient cleaning.Repeat the same direction from both the surfaces of all the teeth.
2)The time spent on brushing:
Ideal time for to spend on brushing is 3 to 7 minutes. In less than 3 minutes the hard plaque( food debris) doesn’t get soften enough to get removed by brush. Tooth paste have softening agent in it which requires at least 3 minutes to act on the food ruminants inside our mouth.
3)The Wrong Consistency Of Brush:
Have you ever looked for the consistencies while buying your tooth brush? Hard,Medium,Soft,Ultra soft. These are written on the tooth brush.Depending on your gum and teeth condition your dentist will advise you to use appropriate consistency. Using wrong consistency can injure your gums and teeth.Too hard brush will damage your gums and too soft will not do efficient cleaning.
4)Using same brush for months:
Do not get too attached to your tooth brush, change it periodically. If your tooth brush gets worn before two to 3 months it means you are too hard on your teeth. Change your brush every 3 to 4 months. If you follow the ideal protocol and correct brushing technique your brush should last for 3 months.
5)Not Cleaning your tongue :
Tongue cleaning is the last but one of the important part of your oral hygiene maintenance.
You can clean your tongue either by brush by giving soft strokes on the tongue or you can buy the tongue cleaner available in the market.Being a soft and rough texture it becomes good habitat for the bacteria.
Hello doctor i want to know how can my teeths are milky white from yellow and what are the expenses ?
About dental problem teeth are getting yellow and weak. I brush my teeth daily. But I have this problem.
Homeopathy is often associated only with chronic illnesses. Another myth associated with this form of treatment is that it takes ages for the effect of the medication to be visible. However, in the case of a toothache, Homeopathy can be very relevant and can quickly ease the pain. Homeopathic treatment for toothaches addresses the underlying cause of the problem. Some of the common triggers for a toothache are tooth decay, an abscess or gum problems.
Take a look at these common Homeopathic remedies for a toothache:
- Plantago: Plantago is an efficient remedy for toothaches that is accompanied by tooth sensitivity, increased salivation and swollen cheeks. Plantage can be taken in the form of pills or applied externally on the tooth that is paining.
- Silicea: Silicea is the ideal Homeopathic remedy to treat tooth abscesses and their accompanying toothaches. It addresses the collection of pus around the root of the tooth and hence controls the pain. Silicea is also useful against toothaches that are aggravated by cold water.
- Chamomilla: If the toothache is unbearable and affects not one, but an entire row of teeth, chamomilla is what you need. It is also beneficial for toothaches that are aggravated by the intake of warm drinks.
- Hekla Lava: A toothache that is associated with a swollen jaw can be treated with Hecla Lava. This Homeopathic remedy will relieve both the pain in the tooth and the swelling of the jaw.
- Calcarea fluorica: Homeopathic medicine can be used to treat not only a toothache, but also the decaying of a tooth. Calcarea fluorica is known to slow the decay of tooth enamel. It also prevents the flaking of enamel and is has a beneficial impact on people who have enamel deficiency.
- Staphysagria: Unhealthy gums and retracted gums are common causes for tooth decay. Staphisagria is a Homeopathic remedy that can treat the drawing of tooth roots in such cases and the pain associated with them. It also addresses the formation of excessive plaque.
- Arnica: Arnica addresses the toothache and bleeding that follows a tooth extraction and the filling of dental cavities. It is also very useful against the pain and swelling of the gums that accompanies wearing false teeth.
Homeopathic remedies for toothaches offer fast pain relief. Since, Homeopathic medication has negligible side effects, it can be safely administered to both children and adults. However, a tooth ache should never be ignored so do not replace a visit to the dentist with self medicated Homeopathy.