Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Physiotherapists online in Calicut. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Nishand
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. NishandYour feedback matters!
I Low Back Foam Roll
Lower back pain is one of the leading reasons people visit a doctor or chiropractor. This foam rolling technique releases tension in the lower back,strengthens the muscles, and improves flexibility.
Low Back Foam Roll
1. Lie on your back with your knees bent and feet on the floor. Place the foam roller in the middle of your back and relax your arms out to the sides.
2.Roll up and down the mid- to lower part of your back. If you feel a spot that’s tender or tight,spend more time working that particular area. Perform the rolling movement for 15 to 30 seconds
II Cat and Camel
Whether your issue is neck stiffness, low back pain, trouble squatting, or struggling to stand tall, all of these can be improved by increasing flexibility in your spine. This stretch targets the entire length of the spine Cat and Camel.
1. Begin in a table top position with your back flat, knees on the floor, and hands positioned directly under your shoulders. Your neck should align with your spine.
2.Slowly arch your spine downward by releasing your hips. Press down as far as is comfortable as you exhale.
3.Arch your back upward by rounding your shoulders at the top. Rise up as far as is comfortable as you inhale. Repeat this sequence 5 to 10 times.
III Spinal Rotation
Low back pain is one of the most common reasons for missed work, but it can be relieved or even prevented with proper stretching. The spinal rotation is great for alleviating low back pain as it allows the spine to elongate and relax,releasing tension and tightness in the area.
1. Lie flat on your back with your legs bent and feet flat on the floor. Use your abdominal muscles to push the small of the back into the floor. Extend your arms in line with your shoulders with palms down.
2.Keeping your shoulders and arms flat on the floor, drop both knees toward the left side as far as is comfortable. Hold the stretch in this position for 15 seconds and repeat on the opposite side.
For a more extensive stretch, raise your feet off the ground with knees bent at a 90-degree angle. Challenge yourself even more by fully extending your legs throughout the stretch.
She is a heart patient, she is having a skin problem and also pain in right hand. what to do now please tell.
I am 60 years old lady, I have more body pain, and also back pain sir what can do give your best advise.
My mother is 47 year old. She is suffering neck and shoulder pain for 2 years. neurologist and an orthopedic doctors sugest cervi xray and gives some medicine and exercise for neck and shoulder. But her pain is not fine. Than we go a orth neuro physiotherapy a bpt doctor and her neck pain is control but shoulder pain is same. Please give me medicine name for shoulder and neck pain. Is this cervical spondylosis? Please give me medicine name.
The core muscles, mainly concentrated around the abdomen, hips, lower back, trunk, and glutes, are indeed a powerhouse that gets you going. The stronger the core muscles, the fitter you stay. Without a proper core strength, a lot of the day to day activities including lifting or bending gets affected. Certain health conditions can weaken the core muscles. But how to know if the core muscles are weak? There are many signs and symptoms associated with weak core muscles.
Mentioned below are some important signs that may be an indication of weak core muscles.
- For your posture to be correct, the spine and pelvis need to be stable: The muscles of the lower back and the abdomen does exactly that, ensuring a steady and correct posture. However, when the core muscles weaken, they are unable to provide stability to the spine and the pelvis resulting in a poor posture. Left unattended, poor posture, in turn, can trigger a myriad of complications and discomfort.
- The body loses its balance: As already mentioned, the core muscles go a long way in stabilizing the body and helping you to maintain the body balance. You can perform a small test to know if your balance is affected. Close your eyes and stand on one foot. Repeat the procedure with the other foot as well. If you have a developed core, you will be able to hold the position for at least 10 seconds, if not more (both the legs).
- A pain concentrated to the lower back: Do not ignore a lower back pain. It could be an indication of your core muscles not being strong enough, especially the ones adjacent to the spine. The weak muscles fail to provide the necessary support to the discs and the vertebrae resulting in pain (mild to severe depending on the severity of the condition) and discomfort. Timely medical intervention may help improve the condition.
- Weakness throughout the body: The strong core muscles are an indication of a healthy and fit body. When the muscles start to lose its strength, the entire body gets affected. A person finds it difficult to even lift things. Doing even a small and regular work leaves a person weak and tired.
- You can also perform the Hollowing Test to check your core strength: Sit in a comfortable position. Starting breathing in and out. As you breathe out or exhale, try to pull your stomach inwards towards the spine for at least 10 seconds. Unable to pass this test (can't hold the position for 10 seconds) indicates weak core muscles.
- You can also try the plank test: Get yourself in a push-up position with the entire body resting on your elbows, arms, and toes. The hip should be level and steady. Failing to stay in this position for 50 seconds is indicative of weak core muscles.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!