Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Psychologists in India. You will find Psychologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can view profiles of all Psychologists online in Calicut. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Muhammed Sabih
Treatment of Depression
Management of Smoking Addiction
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Anxiety
Treatment of Fear
Treatment of Memory Loss
Treatment of Anxiety and Depression
Treatment of OCD
Treatment Of Anxiety Attacks
Treatment of Stress at Work
Sex Addiction Counselling
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Alcohol Withdrawal
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Treatment of Personality Disorder
Substance Addiction Management
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Submit a review for Dr. Muhammed SabihYour feedback matters!
Need your opinion in my case have been suffering from stress from quite long. From past one year, I am experiencing a peculiar problem. For example if a person has a bad breadth, when the person approaches me the same thought runs in the mind again and again continuously. I tend to avoid them if not able to I get very angry on them and start hating even though they are good to me. Very recently I had a marriage proposal. I was so confused with the guy finally I ended up breaking my engagement. I get negative feeling all day and headache. My doctor told I have depression and anxiety. I am taking medication as well. My fear is whether this situation can recover? I had a thought of ending the life also but now after taking medication I am ok. My parents want me to get married and settle. But I am so scared about this because if I find anything in the person I do not like I overthink. This is upsetting me very much.
I'm 21 year old female. I'm suffering from intense mood swings. I tried to do some relaxing exercises but there seemed no change. Can I get better suggestions?
I am deeply attracted and in love with my bhabi .once I had kissed her she said nothing. Whenever she talks with me she exposes her body. Should I express my feelings to her. I want to hug and kiss her. If we start a relationship is there any chance of getting infected. What will be the pro's and cons of this relationship. Even though I am busy throughout the day she keeps on floating in my mind constantly. What should I do. Thanks in advance.
I can't concentrate on my studies. Even can not remember anything. What to do. Exams are ahead. Please help me.
Schizophrenia is a psychiatric disorder in which a person’s mood, knowledge, thought and several other characteristics gets disturbed. We can notice most of the adults and old people with few symptoms of schizophrenia, which are most commonly left unidentified. The exact cause of schizophrenia is not yet known. The person feels that they are being constantly watched, they feel the presence of someone or something, which is not actually there. They are always suspicious and think that other people are gossiping and thinking about them.
Possible causes of Schizophrenia:
Though the exact cause of schizophrenia is not known there are few factors, which contribute to the cause of schizophrenia.
- Genetic factors: People with a family history of schizophrenia are at higher risk of getting schizophrenia.
- Environmental factors: Environmental factors include excessive stress during pregnancy or later stages of life. Several other factors during pregnancy and childhood are responsible for causing schizophrenia. These factors are:
- Decreased oxygen level during delivery due to premature birth or prolonged labour
- Parental loss or separation in early stages of life
- Parental exposure to virus or during infancy
- Childhood physical or sexual abuse
- Abnormal brain structures and brain chemistry
- Hallucination: To see, feel or hear anything that really does not exist is known as hallucination.
- Delusion: A thought or belief of a person, which is either false or impossible in reality is known as delusion.
- Thought and speech disturbances: The thought process and speech of a schizophrenic will be disorganized, due to which he or she will fumble or is distracted as they are unable to align their thoughts.
- Difficulty in concentrating: It is difficult for people suffering from schizophrenia to concentrate on the task at hand.
- Erratic behaviour: People suffering from schizophrenia tend to behave erratically, either they will be too jumpy or will be perfectly still for hours at a stretch. Most people belief that those who are suffering from schizophrenia are often violent in nature, which actually is not the case.
Treatment for schizophrenia:
Schizophrenia can be treated, if identified at an early stage. It is best advised to consult a psychiatrist the moment you spot the symptoms. Anti psychotic drugs, self help behaviour change, counselling and rehabilitation are few treatment modalities available for schizophrenia.