Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Homeopaths in India. You will find Homeopaths with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can view profiles of all Homeopaths online in Calicut. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Kamal Madhav
Treatment Of Acne/Pimples
Weight Loss Treatment
Treatment of Headaches
Treatment of Fever
Treatment of Hair Fall
Management of Underweight & Malabsorption Disorder
Back Pain Treatment
Treatment of Pain
Treatment of Hair Loss
Treatment & Management of Cold
Treatment of Stomach Pain
Treatment of Body Weakness
Increasing Height Treatment
Treatment of Joint Pain
Treatment of Female Hair Loss
Treatment of Dandruff
Treatment of Leg Pain
Prevention & Treatment of Diabetes
Treatment of Itching
Submit a review for Dr. Kamal MadhavYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Hair loss or baldness is one of the most common problems that people suffer from. It refers to the condition where you lose excess hair from either a part of your head or the entirety of it. Doctors state that, on an average, losing about 100 hairs each day is normal and the volume of hair you lose is replaced by new strands of hair. However, this is not always the case. The problem starts when you don’t regrow hair on the scalp. The medical term for this condition is Alopecia. Hair loss can gradually develop over the years or can happen abruptly.
Although hair loss can affect anyone, older men are more likely to be affected by this condition. About 65% of men experience baldness or hair loss problem by the age 60.
What are the causes for losing hair?
People typically shed about 100 hairs per day which is part of normal hair growth cycle. This usually goes unnoticed since new hair grows in at the same time. Hair loss occurs when this cycle is disrupted- when the hair follicle is damaged or scarred and fails to generate new hair.
Hair loss can be either temporary or permanent. Several factors are responsible for hair loss problems, the most common one being heredity or family history of alopecia. Hormonal changes due to thyroid problems, menopause or pregnancy can cause you to lose large volumes of hair. If you’ve been on medications or supplements for a long time, then you may experience hair loss or thinning of hair as a result of the side effects of certain drugs.
Aggressive radiation therapy used in cancer treatment often leads to excess hair loss and new hair may not grow the same way as before. Apart from these, an emotional or physical shock, stress, poor diet can also trigger hair loss and thinning of hair in people.
What are the symptoms?
Symptoms and signs of hair loss include- patchy or circular bald spots on the scalp, gradual thinning of hair on top of the head, scaly patches all over the scalp, loosening of hair etc. For instance, you may notice clumps of hair on the towel or in the drain after washing your hair.
Role of homeopathy in treating hair loss problems-
Depending on the causes, homeopathy offers a wide range of treatment options for hair loss. Unlike other conventional treatment methods, homeopathy studies the patient’s detailed case history in order to identify the root cause. Once the actual cause is evaluated, the patient is prescribed suitable medications for the condition. Certain medications prepared from extracts of all-natural components- herbs, minerals and others- are used in the treatment. Essential oils extracted from Burdock roots have been used for centuries to reduce hair loss problems. Homeopathy remedies that are derived from ink of cuttlefish, are very effective in dealing with hair loss problems faced by women post pregnancy or due to hormonal changes.
Alopecia or hair loss at a young age can be embarrassing for most people- you lose confidence in yourself, avoid socializing with people and may even slip into depression. So it’s strongly advisable that you consult a doctor if you encounter the symptoms mentioned above. Since homeopathy remedies are prepared from natural substances- living organisms, herbs, medicinal plants, minerals etc. - they are completely safe and do not adversely affect your health. Homeopathic medicines are easily available over-the-counter as well.
Allergies can be difficult to handle and may prevent you from leading a normal life. The problem with allergies is the fact that there is no common trigger. Each person may be allergic to a different substance and it is vital for the patient to figure out what triggers the allergies. In severe forms of allergies, patients may become unable to draw breath, which would need them to be hospitalized.
Here is a look at some common causes for the allergies and the symptoms that such allergies may produce.
Causes of Allergy
Allergy is an autoimmune condition that is caused when the body’s immune system mistakes a foreign object for a harmful substance and attacks it. So, if an individual is allergic to peanuts, their body’s immune system will be on the lookout for the allergen in the blood and will produce antibodies against the same. Common allergens that are known to trigger such a negative reaction inside the body include-
- Certain food items
- Contact with certain insects and fleas
- Airborne allergens
- Certain medications
- Certain objects that you touch
- People with a family history of allergies and asthma are more likely to suffer from such a condition.
Symptoms of Allergy
The symptoms of allergy sometimes differ based on the trigger for the allergies. However, some symptoms are more common than others.
- Inflammation of face and neck
- Red and watery eyes
- Runny nose
- Difficulty in drawing breath
- Skin rash
While most of the other symptoms are relatively easy to handle, anaphylaxis or anaphylactic shock may even be fatal in some cases. Anaphylaxis usually results from food allergies and can cause the patient to go into shock. Loss of consciousness, severe breathlessness, nausea and vomiting during an allergy may hint toward anaphylactic shock.
Role of homeopathy against allergies
Homeopathy bolsters the immune system as a whole and does not try to treat the allergy itself. Homeopathic treatments use natural remedies to treat the condition, which is why there are no chances of side effects from these medications. Topical creams to deal with the skin rash and oral medication to deal with other symptoms are commonly prescribed.
Even though homeopathic treatment takes time to work, it is still a dependable remedy. This branch of medical science believes in like cures like. This means that people allergic to peanuts may be treated by using a diluted form of the same allergen.
Hello Dr, my friend husband do sex only in standing pose. He can not do lay on the bed or any other posture. And she want to asking what the reason behind it. She wants to secretly. Please suggest. Wo kyu nhi kr pati sex late kr bed pr sirf standing pose bhi kr pati h. Is se uska kamar Mr. dard rehne lg gya so wo pareshan h.
Skin is the most important part of the body when it comes to appearance. It also protects the internal organs from harm caused by any external source. This is why keeping your skin in pristine condition is vital for your overall well-being. However, a host of skin problems afflict people over the course of their life. While some of these are minor issues, others can be serious and even critical. Here is a look at the causes and symptoms of the most common skin conditions.
- Urticaria- This condition is caused as a result of allergic reaction from certain foods and medications. In some cases, a cream or cosmetic product applied on the skin may be responsible for the disorder. This condition is also known as hives and the only symptom is the appearance of red itchy spots on the skin.
- Acne- Acne may be caused due to an infection or when the hair follicles in the skin become blocked. The blockage occurs when excess oil, dead skin cells and dirt get clogged in the skin. Even though acne may occur at any part of the body, they are most commonly noticed on the cheek, nose and forehead.
- Fungal infection- As the name of the disease suggests, this condition is caused as a result of infection from fungus. If you have been in direct contact with fungal spores and if you inhale the same, it may affect your skin and nails. Symptoms may differ based on the strain that has caused the infection. However, the appearance of itchy red patches over the skin is one of the common symptoms of such an infection.
- Psoriasis- An autoimmune condition, psoriasis causes the body to produce excessive amount of skin cells. As there is no place for these cells to accumulate, it forms a patchy layer over healthy skin. This patchy area becomes patchy and red.
Role of homeopathy against skin problems
Homeopathy is often the preferred form of treatment for those looking for a natural remedy. Even though the action of homeopathic remedies is slower than conventional medicine, they are nonetheless effective against a host of skin conditions. A range of topical creams, lotions and oral medications are present in homeopathy that can rectify all skin conditions. However, homeopathy addresses the root issue in the body and does not just treats the symptoms.
Psoriasis is an autoimmune disease which affects the skin causing appearance of thick patches of scales. This is caused due to rapid buildup and accumulation of skin cells on the surface before the older cells die and fall off. The scaly patch is usually accompanied by inflammation and irritation.
Psoriasis may be of different types showing slightly different symptoms:
- Plaque psoriasis
- Pustular psoriasis
- Guttate psoriasis
- Inverse psoriasis
- Erythrodermic psoriasis
Symptoms of psoriasis and their extent depend on the type of psoriasis affecting the person. Some common symptoms include:
- Localized or widespread appearance of inflamed red skin patches
- Appearance of thick white or silvery patches of skin on the red patches
- Drying up, and cracking of skin which may cause bleeding
- Soreness and itching around the patches with burning sensation
- Thickening and pitting of nails which may separate from the nail beds
- Swelling and inflammation of joints
- Symptoms vary according to the type and extent of the condition and may appear and disappear in cycles.
Psoriasis is considered to be caused due to an autoimmune disorder. White blood cells are called to certain locations due to a mistaken identification of the body’s own cells as harmful foreign cells. This causes rapid production and buildup of skin cells in a small area which go up to the skin surface and accumulate, causing psoriatic symptoms. Further research is being undertaken to better understand this mechanism and its treatment. Genetic factors have also been implicated in a small percentage of cases.
Psoriasis symptoms can be triggered by a number of external factors. These include:
- Unusually high stress
- Heavy consumption of alcohol
- Small injuries like cuts and bruises, injection, sunburn, etc.
- A previous pathogenic infection that activates the immune system
- Certain medications
Psoriasis cannot be completely cured and treatment options are aimed at managing the symptoms by slowing down skin cell growth, reducing inflammation, and removing plaques formed. Treatment options include:
- Systemic medications
- Home remedies and alternative medicine
- Lifestyle changes
Maintaining the ideal body weight throughout life is vital, since being either overweight or underweight can lead to an array of health issues. Obesity is the condition where a person weighs considerably more than their ideal body weight. Millions of people across India are obese and poor diet and lifestyle choices are to be blamed for the same. The absence of any regular physical activity is another factor responsible for obesity.
Here is a look at some of the most common causes of obesity along with a few of its symptoms.
Causes of Obesity
Obesity is caused when extra energy, in the form of calories, remain in the body. This energy gets deposited in the body in the form of fats. Often people who consume more calories than they require in a day and those who do not work out regularly are at a greater risk of suffering from obesity.
In fact, the two major points of concern include the activity level of the patient and the diet that he/she maintains. A person looking to prevent obesity or weight gain needs to incorporate only two things into his routine. These include-
- Activity- If you are involved in a sedentary job and do not get much opportunity to get up and stretch your legs throughout the day, ensure that you exercise regularly. This may include simple free-hand exercises or a workout session at the gym. When you sweat it out, your body burns the excess calories.
- Diet- Consuming fresh fruits and vegetables can bolster the immune system and provide the body with the needed fibre content. However, snacking on fast foods and sweets does the opposite.
Symptoms of Obesity
Obesity is a state of the body determined on the basis of body weight. Obese people do not suffer directly due to their weight. However, after staying obese for a long period of time, the body may start to develop other related conditions, such as diabetes and heart ailments. Obesity may also be linked to certain psychological disorders, such as depression and anxiety.
Role of Homeopathy Against Obesity
Homeopathy is a dependable form of treatment against obesity. Clinical research indicates that certain homeopathic remedies for overweight individuals act as fat burners in the body. They act by enhancing the metabolic rate of the body. This not only increases the rate at which fat is burned, but also improves digestion. Homeopathy looks to rectify the underlying problem, rather than cure the symptoms alone. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
A migraine is a condition where there are pulsing pain and discomfort on one side of the head. Apart from the pain, the migraine will also cause a severe headache and nausea. Lastly, patients may experience physical discomfort in the presence of bright light. While there is no permanent cure for migraines, they can be controlled and minimized with the help of certain medications.
Here are some of the causes and symptoms most commonly associated with migraines.
Causes of Migraines
The exact cause of a migraine is not well understood by the scientific community. However, some of the research indicates that an amalgamation of environmental and genetic factors may play a part in determining who gets affected by the disorder. Abnormality in brain chemical levels, such as serotonin, may be responsible for the pain. Further research is needed to establish the link between serotonin and migraines. Triggers for migraine attacks include-
- Sudden hormonal changes in women during puberty, pregnancy and menstrual cycles.
- Certain foods and dairy products
- Alcoholic drinks, such as wine, and products with a lot of caffeine, like coffee
- Excessive stress
- Certain medications that modify the hormone levels
Symptoms of Migraine
Migraines attacks can be divided into four distinct stages, depending on the severity of the symptoms. The four stages include prodrome, aura, headache and post-drome.
- MigraineProdrome- It is the period just a day or two before an ensuing migraine attack. This stage is characterized by neck stiffness, mood swings, food cravings and constipation.
- Aura- Auras occur just before or during the migraine attack. During this stage, some people may experience abnormal visual phenomena or even vision loss. Patients may also have difficulty forming words.
- Attack- When a migraine is left untreated for 72 hours or more, it may progress to this stage. It is characterized by severe head pain, nausea, vomiting, lightheadedness and hypersensitivity to light.
- Post-drome- This is the final stage and usually occurs after the attack subsides. Patients are left drained and may experience moodiness, dizziness, weakness and confusion.
Role of Homeopathy Against a Migraine
Unlike conventional forms of medicine, homeopathy does not believe in simply popping a pill for the condition. Instead, this branch of science looks to get to the root of the problem and treat the underlying cause that may be resulting in a migraine. However, the homeopathic remedies used differ from one person to the next, even though there are some particular medications that work best in migraine cases.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!