Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Homeopaths in India. You will find Homeopaths with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can view profiles of all Homeopaths online in Calicut. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Kamal Madhav
Treatment Of Acne/Pimples
Weight Loss Treatment
Treatment of Headaches
Treatment of Fever
Treatment of Hair Fall
Management of Underweight & Malabsorption Disorder
Back Pain Treatment
Treatment of Pain
Treatment of Hair Loss
Treatment & Management of Cold
Treatment of Stomach Pain
Treatment of Body Weakness
Increasing Height Treatment
Treatment of Joint Pain
Treatment of Female Hair Loss
Treatment of Dandruff
Treatment of Leg Pain
Prevention & Treatment of Diabetes
Treatment of Itching
Submit a review for Dr. Kamal MadhavYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Psoriasis is an autoimmune disease which affects the skin causing appearance of thick patches of scales. This is caused due to rapid buildup and accumulation of skin cells on the surface before the older cells die and fall off. The scaly patch is usually accompanied by inflammation and irritation.
Psoriasis may be of different types showing slightly different symptoms:
- Plaque psoriasis
- Pustular psoriasis
- Guttate psoriasis
- Inverse psoriasis
- Erythrodermic psoriasis
Symptoms of psoriasis and their extent depend on the type of psoriasis affecting the person. Some common symptoms include:
- Localized or widespread appearance of inflamed red skin patches
- Appearance of thick white or silvery patches of skin on the red patches
- Drying up, and cracking of skin which may cause bleeding
- Soreness and itching around the patches with burning sensation
- Thickening and pitting of nails which may separate from the nail beds
- Swelling and inflammation of joints
- Symptoms vary according to the type and extent of the condition and may appear and disappear in cycles.
Psoriasis is considered to be caused due to an autoimmune disorder. White blood cells are called to certain locations due to a mistaken identification of the body’s own cells as harmful foreign cells. This causes rapid production and buildup of skin cells in a small area which go up to the skin surface and accumulate, causing psoriatic symptoms. Further research is being undertaken to better understand this mechanism and its treatment. Genetic factors have also been implicated in a small percentage of cases.
Psoriasis symptoms can be triggered by a number of external factors. These include:
- Unusually high stress
- Heavy consumption of alcohol
- Small injuries like cuts and bruises, injection, sunburn, etc.
- A previous pathogenic infection that activates the immune system
- Certain medications
Psoriasis cannot be completely cured and treatment options are aimed at managing the symptoms by slowing down skin cell growth, reducing inflammation, and removing plaques formed. Treatment options include:
- Systemic medications
- Home remedies and alternative medicine
- Lifestyle changes
Maintaining the ideal body weight throughout life is vital, since being either overweight or underweight can lead to an array of health issues. Obesity is the condition where a person weighs considerably more than their ideal body weight. Millions of people across India are obese and poor diet and lifestyle choices are to be blamed for the same. The absence of any regular physical activity is another factor responsible for obesity.
Here is a look at some of the most common causes of obesity along with a few of its symptoms.
Causes of Obesity
Obesity is caused when extra energy, in the form of calories, remain in the body. This energy gets deposited in the body in the form of fats. Often people who consume more calories than they require in a day and those who do not work out regularly are at a greater risk of suffering from obesity.
In fact, the two major points of concern include the activity level of the patient and the diet that he/she maintains. A person looking to prevent obesity or weight gain needs to incorporate only two things into his routine. These include-
- Activity- If you are involved in a sedentary job and do not get much opportunity to get up and stretch your legs throughout the day, ensure that you exercise regularly. This may include simple free-hand exercises or a workout session at the gym. When you sweat it out, your body burns the excess calories.
- Diet- Consuming fresh fruits and vegetables can bolster the immune system and provide the body with the needed fibre content. However, snacking on fast foods and sweets does the opposite.
Symptoms of Obesity
Obesity is a state of the body determined on the basis of body weight. Obese people do not suffer directly due to their weight. However, after staying obese for a long period of time, the body may start to develop other related conditions, such as diabetes and heart ailments. Obesity may also be linked to certain psychological disorders, such as depression and anxiety.
Role of Homeopathy Against Obesity
Homeopathy is a dependable form of treatment against obesity. Clinical research indicates that certain homeopathic remedies for overweight individuals act as fat burners in the body. They act by enhancing the metabolic rate of the body. This not only increases the rate at which fat is burned, but also improves digestion. Homeopathy looks to rectify the underlying problem, rather than cure the symptoms alone. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
A migraine is a condition where there are pulsing pain and discomfort on one side of the head. Apart from the pain, the migraine will also cause a severe headache and nausea. Lastly, patients may experience physical discomfort in the presence of bright light. While there is no permanent cure for migraines, they can be controlled and minimized with the help of certain medications.
Here are some of the causes and symptoms most commonly associated with migraines.
Causes of Migraines
The exact cause of a migraine is not well understood by the scientific community. However, some of the research indicates that an amalgamation of environmental and genetic factors may play a part in determining who gets affected by the disorder. Abnormality in brain chemical levels, such as serotonin, may be responsible for the pain. Further research is needed to establish the link between serotonin and migraines. Triggers for migraine attacks include-
- Sudden hormonal changes in women during puberty, pregnancy and menstrual cycles.
- Certain foods and dairy products
- Alcoholic drinks, such as wine, and products with a lot of caffeine, like coffee
- Excessive stress
- Certain medications that modify the hormone levels
Symptoms of Migraine
Migraines attacks can be divided into four distinct stages, depending on the severity of the symptoms. The four stages include prodrome, aura, headache and post-drome.
- MigraineProdrome- It is the period just a day or two before an ensuing migraine attack. This stage is characterized by neck stiffness, mood swings, food cravings and constipation.
- Aura- Auras occur just before or during the migraine attack. During this stage, some people may experience abnormal visual phenomena or even vision loss. Patients may also have difficulty forming words.
- Attack- When a migraine is left untreated for 72 hours or more, it may progress to this stage. It is characterized by severe head pain, nausea, vomiting, lightheadedness and hypersensitivity to light.
- Post-drome- This is the final stage and usually occurs after the attack subsides. Patients are left drained and may experience moodiness, dizziness, weakness and confusion.
Role of Homeopathy Against a Migraine
Unlike conventional forms of medicine, homeopathy does not believe in simply popping a pill for the condition. Instead, this branch of science looks to get to the root of the problem and treat the underlying cause that may be resulting in a migraine. However, the homeopathic remedies used differ from one person to the next, even though there are some particular medications that work best in migraine cases.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!