Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. We will help you find the best Dentists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Dhritiman Pathak
Submit a review for Dr. Dhritiman PathakYour feedback matters!
Have small white line inside my cheek I can only feel when I touch it with my tongue bit it is irritating I am concern that it may not lead to some serious issue .i have this line from last 6 days and I smoke cigarette.
I am suffering from dry mouth from last two month. When ever I go outside, within few minutes and so this problem starts, and I feel like thirsty so I drink water but within few minutes again the same thing happens. During that I drink lots of water and my stomach become full but after that also my mouth keep during. Please suggest me what should I do to get rid of this.
I had done root canal treatment for a few teeth 7 years ago. Now, I can see a gap near the gums where any food particles get stuck and pains a lot.
She is having pain in her teeth some times as she has changed some of them 4 months back. Please advise.
I have typhoid fever for last 9 days. Fever is little normal now, but I got urine infection and platelet is around 1.3. I am taking these medicine alkasol syrup Healthrich cap Nimotas tab Ondet md tab Pantosec D tab Levotas Paracad Azax glygene o syrup But after taking lot of medicine, I got ulcers on mouth. Please suggest me how to care of myself and suggest me about ulcers and when have to maintain in typhoid like what to eat or what not because I don't know what food is good in typhoid.
Some women have dental problems such as gum disease and tooth decay, during pregnancy. The increase of hormones during pregnancy can affect the response of the body to plaque, which is the layer of germs on the teeth.
It is not true that the teeth are automatically damaged due to pregnancy. In case the calcium intake of the mother during pregnancy is not enough, the bones provide the growing baby with the calcium that it needs. When the breastfeeding is stopped, the calcium is replenished quickly. Nonetheless, the high demands of pregnancy can prompt specific dental issues in a few females. With professional help and appropriate cleanliness at home from your dental specialist, your teeth ought to stay healthy during pregnancy.
It is possible that a dental disease might affect a developing baby. Premature births have a risk of developing health problems such as cerebral palsy and issues with hearing and eyesight. Research has shown that around 20% of all premature births might be caused due to periodontal disease. It is an infection of the gums which is chronic in nature. The risk of premature birth can be reduced by providing the expectant mother with the required dental treatment.
Some of the common causes of dental problems which occur during pregnancy include:
1. Gum Problems: Women become vulnerable to gum problems due to hormones which are associated with pregnancy. These include gingivitis, pyogenic granuloma or pregnancy epulis and untreated or undiagnosed periodontal disease.
2. Vomiting: The ring of muscles which are used for keeping the food inside the stomach are softened due to vomiting. Vomiting or gastric reflux, which is associated with morning sickness, causes the teeth to be coated with strong acids.
3. Retching: Provocation of retching is caused in pregnant women while they brush their teeth, especially the molars. Not brushing the teeth regularly can cause tooth decay.
Things to remember:
- The demands of pregnancy can lead to particular dental problems in some women.
- You are less likely to have dental problems during pregnancy if you already have good oral hygiene habits.
- With proper dental hygiene at home and professional help from your dentist, your teeth should stay healthy during pregnancy.