Doctor in First choice childrens clinic
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for First choice childrens clinicYour feedback matters!
Hi Sir, My sis had a 32 weeks premature baby just 10 days before. The baby is incubated so far. Now the baby is fine so the doc told he will be shifting baby to the mother's room. But now today morning doc says the baby is anemic of hemoglobin being only 6. He advises for blood transfusion. Please help me get a clear idea. I'm confused whether to take up docs advise.
Has your child been coughing frequently lately? Is the cough chronic in nature, making your child breathe rapidly, and does he/she complain about a tightened chest? These symptoms signify that your child is having asthma. Asthma is a medical condition characterized by paroxysmal wheezing respiration dyspnoea. It is common in children and an affected child experiences difficulty in breathing, and a whizzing sound is produced, especially during expiration. Asthma may lead to severe health complications and needs immediate diagnosis and treatment.
Diagnosis: The diagnosis of asthma is based on the symptoms, medical history and a physical examination of the child.
- Medical history and symptoms: You must tell the doctor about any history of breathing trouble with your child or whether there are chances of other inherited health conditions. You must explain your child's symptoms properly, which may include coughing, wheezing, chest pain or tightness and others if observed.
- Physical examination: A physical exam will be carried out in your child where the doctor will listen to his heart and lungs, and look for eye or nose allergies.
- Medical tests: A chest X-ray of the child has to be carried out, along with a simple lung function test known as spirometry. This test measures the amount of air present in the lungs and determines how fast it can be exhaled. Spirometry enables a doctor to determine the severity of asthma. Some other tests are also carried out for the identification of asthma triggers. They include allergy skin testing, blood tests and X-rays to know if sinus infections are affecting asthma. An asthma test determines the amount of nitric oxide in your child's breath.
Treatment: Based on your child's severity of asthma symptoms and his medical history, the doctor will provide you with an action plan to treat the same. This action plan explains all the medications your child requires, the dosage and schedule of the medicines. The plan also includes points on what to do when asthma worsens and when emergency treatment is required. Anti-inflammatory drugs are prescribed to children who require bronchodilator medication. All asthma medicines used by adults can be used in case of children but in lower dosages.
You should give the asthma medications to your child using a home nebulizer or a breathing machine. A nebulizer delivers asthma drugs by transforming them from liquid to a mist. The child gets the drug by breathing it via a face mask.
In order to control and manage asthma in children, they must avoid the triggers and should keep away from any source of the smoke. A doctor must be consulted to know about the best diagnosis and treatment methods.
Hi, My boy is one months old. He is urinating 5-6 times in one hour. in this hot summer. what shud I do?
Homeopathy is a system of alternative medicine that has a solution for almost all your health issues. The best part of this mode of treatment is that it doesn’t cause any side-effects. At a time when people are suffering from many recurrent diseases, the need for an expert homeopath becomes mandatory.
Dear Doctor, My baby boy is 2 and half months. Now formula milk is given. I'm getting only few drops of breast milk. How can I increase the milk supply faster. My baby is now not attached to the breast. I really wanted to give him breast milk somehow. Will the electric breast pump help to increase the milk supply. How many minutes should I pump each breasts. Please guide me doctors.
Hello doctor, I wanted to know if I can take apetamin while partially breastfeeding. I say partially because I only breastfeed at nights the couple times my baby wakes up. Will it be safe for my baby?
Dear doctor my two year son small palpable nose at left side of since 1 year. I tested fnac and report shows reactive hyperplasia of lymph node I want to know what is the meaning of reactive hyperplasia of lymph node.
Hi, My baby girl suffering from loss motions. She had 10 months old. cyclopam suspension is used to reduce motions or not.
Hi, Dr. My child was six months boy and baby skin was little bit black in colour,we are trying to get white skin for a baby. Kindly please suggest us is their any products to became white skin for a baby.
Parents today are more concerned about their child's healthy diet and hygiene compared to earlier days. They are more inclined towards quality when it comes to providing medical assistance to their children. They are also now well aware of the side effects of conventional drugs and are keener towards trying alternative treatments which come with no side effects. Studies prove that conventional drugs suppress diseases and antibiotics hamper digestion. But homeopathy, on the other hand, offers natural remedies, which are safe, and has a long-lasting effect by boosting your body's immunity.
Below are some of the conditions in which homeopathy works wonders with the kids:
2. Chronic diseases like eczema and allergies are cured completely and never recur when treated with homeopathy. In both the above cases, homeopathy works miraculously. Alongside the healing process, it boosts the child's self-defence mechanisms to fight against diseases. While antibiotics may be too harsh for the child's body, homeopathy is a safer option since it does not have any side-effects.
Homeopathy is also effective in treating colic, earache and reduces pain and discomforts. Some of the common problems of children where homeopathy works well are fever, teething, vomiting, diarrhea, dysentery, kidney diseases, infant colic, jaundice, eczema, convulsions, ear infection, fungal infections, warts, thyroid problems, and growth-related problems.
- You can take help of homeopathy treatment if the child is cranky or restless, and it is very beneficial even in case of hyperactive children.
- It is also effective in increasing concentration.
- Homeopathy works perfectly for specially challenged children as well.
- One of the plus points with homeopathic medicine is that it is easy to administer given their light doses and consumable taste.
- In addition, injections are not required. Furthermore, homeopathic treatment helps in all stages of childhood.
Homeopathy is a holistic system of medicine. It works on improving immunity rather than only curing the disease. Thus, it is very important to complete courses in homeopathy medication. Even though handy, homeopathy does not allow self-medication. It is always advisable to seek a doctor's help.