Lybrate.com has top trusted Cardiologists from across India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Bishnupur and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Submit a review for Dr. AsaYour feedback matters!
Hi my erection takes a long time and lasts for just one minute as I am over by then Have hypertension and diabetes.
Hi, I am just 27 year old, some time suffering from high bp, Please specify reason for high BP & how to I maintain, Please suggest.
Hi, My SGPT is 94 and Cholesterol, Trig, HDL and LDL are 248, 273, 36 and 166. I need advice on what do I need to do to bring this parameters down. I am really concerned with this as I am a vegetarian and non alcoholic.
Don't know why but in between the chest i feel pain & it use to occur sometimes very badly. Even sometimes below also. May I know what is the reason for it?
I'm 20, male and 4 months before I was detected with hypertension my blood pressure 140/100 and now it is controlled I used to take Telma 40 but now dose is reduced now I take Telma 20. Can I get rid of meditation?
My age is 32. I have cholesterol patches around my eyes from last 3 years. I tried many things but of no use. What treatment should I take to remove these cholesterol patches?
Are you suffering from hypertension? This medical condition occurs when your blood pressure level increases rapidly. Hypertension may occur because of several reasons and it can interfere with the overall functioning of the body affecting different parts. It may lead to severe health hazards, such as stroke, heart failure and heart diseases.
Other body parts like kidneys, eyes and limbs may also be affected by hypertension. Here are the various effects of hypertension on different parts of the body:
- Circulatory system: High blood pressure may cause arteries to stretch too much, which leads to damage. A scar tissue may develop within the arteries over a period of time. This is a condition known as atherosclerosis, which traps cholesterol and plaque, leading to coronary artery disease. When the heart’s left ventricle gets thickened, the ability to pump blood gets disrupted. Trapped blood may result in blood clots, which block and narrow the arteries, causing a stroke or heart attack. Chest pain and arrhythmias are also likely to occur from high blood pressure.
- Central nervous system: An unsteady supply of oxygen in the blood leads to the dysfunction of the brain. Narrowed arteries and blood clot block the flow of blood to the brain and this is referred to as a transient ischemic attack or a mini stroke. People with this condition are more likely to experience a full stroke, if the blood supply to the brain shuts off completely. Hypertension is the biggest risk factor for strokes. Mild cognitive impairment and vascular dementia are other effects on the central nervous system due to hypertension. Retinopathy occurs when there is some damage in the blood vessels, which carry blood to the eyes. It causes bleeding and builds fluid in the retina.
- Excretory system: The kidneys too are affected when there is a lack of oxygenated blood supply and they cannot function normally. Due to restricted blood supply, the kidneys may become inefficient at removing toxins for which you may need a kidney transplant or dialysis.
- Sexual dysfunction: Hypertension may lead to certain sexual dysfunctions in men and women. In men, the insufficient supply of blood to the penis will prevent him from achieving a proper erection during sex. Chronic high blood pressure may affect arteries and blood vessels, which lead to the penis and result in erectile dysfunction. In women, the blood flow to the vagina is affected due to hypertension. This leads to vaginal dryness, decreased libido, painful intercourse and pain during intercourse.
Hypertension affects all the vital organs of the body. Hence, it is important for everyone to keep their blood pressure under check and in case of hypertension, proper management is required to reduce the various risks associated. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
I had a headache and high fever for four days. I feel so tired and had a backbone pain and also I had a chest pain too.
Best way to control BP and wt shud my diet chart as I had encountered heart attack and im a heart patient.
Heart Blocks are a result of plaque buildup in your arteries, which blocks blood flow and circulation to the heart, causing heart muscle damage and heightens the risk for heart attack and stroke.
Arteries which have smooth and elastic walls become thick and restrict blood flow from the cholesterol deposits over the years. Blood clots can also block the arteries that supply oxygen rich blood to the heart. These can eventually lead to strokes and heart attacks.
Some warning signs that you may be at risk of heart blockage:
- Have you had a mild stroke: Plaque that accumulates in the carotid artery supplying oxygen rich blood to the brain can cause a stroke. People who have had strokes are more prone to heart attacks.
- Do you often feel fatigue and dizziness: Reduced oxygen from poor circulation and blood flow can result in fatigue and tiredness as well as dizziness.
- Experiencing shortness of breath: Poor blood flow can lead to shortness of breath from even mild forms of exercise or even from carrying out daily chores or walking.
- Sudden chest pain: Chest pain or angina result from reduced supply of blood to the heart. It can be felt as pressure, tightness in the chest, squeezing in the chest, numbness or burning.
- Unexplained lower back pain: This can result from pressure in the spine as a result of pinched nerves due to compressed vertebrae discs as a result of poor blood flow.
- Erectile dysfunction in men: If an erection becomes difficult or impossible, it could be a warning sign of clogged arteries. These arteries supply blood to the pelvis area and help achieve an erection.
- Calf pain: Blocked leg arteries can cause calf pain, especially in smokers . THis is an early sign of possible heart blocks.
- Painful, numb and cold hands and feet: Plaque build up in the arteries of the extremities can cause numbness and coldness in the hands and feet. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Cardiologist.