Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bilaspur and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. amrita pandey
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. amrita pandeyYour feedback matters!
When man first started using tobacco, he probably did not know that it would grow to be an epidemic that could cause multiple health issues. Be it smoking or chewing, tobacco has severe negative effects on health. Take any of current lifestyle diseases from diabetes to infertility to obesity, the common risk factor is tobacco abuse. In addition, depending on the form of tobacco used, specific organs are affected. For instance, chewing tobacco leads to oral cancer while smoking causes lung cancer.
The statistics around tobacco abuse are extremely startling and can be read below:
- A total of about 90 trillion rupees are spent on various tobacco products.
- About 1.4 trillion is spent on healthcare related to conditions caused by tobacco abuse.
- India has about 120 million tobacco users.
- More than 7 million people die every year due to tobacco usage.
- The Government has levied a GST of 28% on cigarettes, making them unaffordable, which is one of the ways to promote quitting.
- For those who want to quit but are not able to, there is a quit-line setup, which is toll-free, 1800-11-2356 and is accessible from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Tobacco is a menace in all the strata of society. The lower economic classes are adversely affected both due to lack of knowledge and healthcare facilities. Therefore, the government uses the World No Tobacco Day (WNTD) that is observed by all members of the World Health Organization as an opportunity to drive this awareness.
This is celebrated on May 31st every year. Some measures that are taken to promote 'say no to tobacco' campaign are listed below.
- In 1975, the Cigarettes (Regulation of Production, Supply, and Distribution) Act was introduced, which made it mandatory for cigarette packs to have a warning stating “Smoking Kills” or “Smoking is injurious to health.”
- Marketing campaigns are shown in the movie theaters at the beginning of movies which depict the hazards of tobacco
- Smoking is banned in most public areas, and warnings are on display.
- Children below 18 are not sold tobacco products. If in doubt, the seller can ask for age identification.
- Schools and colleges do not have tobacco selling within 100 meters of the campus.
- The price increase ensures that not everybody has easy access to cigarettes.
- Celebrities promote quitting tobacco and smoking by talking about their personal stories.
- Restaurants have separate smoking sections where children are not allowed to sit
- Tobacco in form of beedi and gutkha also needs to be targeted, as the lower income groups often use these. Also, beedi is sold as single units, so cost is not a deterrent.
How can a healthcare professional help you?
A healthcare professional plays a vital role in a smokers life, as it the healthcare professional that can increase the odds of quitting with guidance, medication, and support.
What should a healthcare professional do?
- Identify people who smoke
- Motivate them to quit or think about quitting
- Refer a person who smokes for treatment and support
- Support ongoing abstinence
What is the right smoking cessation strategy?
- Ask: Every smoker to visit a healthcare professional
- Advise: Urge the smoker to leave smoking
- Assess: Assess whether the person is willing to quit in 30 days
- Assist: Plan and help Rx Quit
- Arrange: Arrange a follow-up through phone or sms or in person
What is that people who smoke need help with?
- First and the foremost challenge are the withdrawal symptoms
- Urge to smoke and borderline depression with a possibility of relapse
- People who have high pre-abstinence nicotine intake
How to get over the initial withdrawal discomfort?
- Behavioral support is of proven efficacy
- Can be delivered in different formats
- Can be delivered in different formats
- Nicotine replacement therapy and nortriptyline are of proven efficacy
Facts On Nicotine Replacement Therapy (NRT)
- There are no real contradictions related to NRT
- No drug interactions
- Side effects, if there are any are localized e.g.
- Taste of oral products
- Hiccups with the mouth spray
- Skin irritation with patch
Treatment for quitting Nicotine
- Medications: Medicines which are useful adjuncts in the determined but unsuccessful quitters are Varenicline and Bupropion.
- Electronic cigarette: Electronic cigarettes are not as effective as imagined and have few side effects
Though smoking out in the open has reduced, there are miles to cover when it comes to eradication of tobacco.
I am 39 years old lady. I married last 6 months. Now I want early pregnancy. Kindly suggest me the procedure.
My wife is now 11 weeks 4 days in her pregnancy. Yesterday we had the NT scan which shows all is normal expect they can't visualise the stomach the during the scan. Pls help me understand is it a reason to worry. Thanks!
I hav diagnosed with pcod from last 3 years. I get my periods when I take tablets. And I am married, me and my husband planning for a baby from last 6 months but I didn't conceive yet, even I am taking treatment for pcod. And my blood report says I hav high count of LH. My husband recently diagnosed with hypothyroidism and has less sperm count, so now please suggest me what the further step? Whether taking hormone supplements effects badly and until how many days to continue the tabs?
Hello I am a 24 years old female. I was having irregular periods with low flow. Then I am diagnosed follicular ovarian cyst. With following details Uterus is andeverted and measures 7.0*4.5*3.0 cm. Endometrial thickness is 4.9 mm. Multiple follicular cysts of size 5-6 mm are arranged in periphery. Stroma is not hyperechoic and its echogenicity appears normal. Right ovary measures 2.7*1.9*1.3 cm, volume is 4.0 cc. Left ovary measures 3.9*2.2*2.5 cm, volume is 11.5 cc. No adnexal mass is seen. No free fluid is seen in pouch of douglas. IMPRESSION: * LEFT POLYCYSTIC OVARY. please suggest me the treatment and precaution. I ll be really thankful. thanks SO MUCH.
I have been planning for baby. I have 7 days late period and had period with only for 2 days. Now today I feeling vomiting. Is this symptoms of pregnancy or not?
How to control bleeding after sex for the first time, Will it bleed for days? If bleed of blood is dark what does it indicate? please help me out.
Hello sir, I am 23 years old (male. But I am looking like a 30 years man means a married man with children. Because my face and somewhat my body not slim. Everyone told this to me and laughing. What I have to do? To get fair face and make their laughing stop and stun. Please guide me. Thank you.
What is Multiple Sclerosis?
Multiple sclerosis is a neurological condition and is caused by damage to myelin, which protects the nerve fibres of the central nervous system.
- Cognitive problems
- Loss of sight and mobility
- Double vision
- Blindness in one eye
- Muscle weakness
- Trouble with sensation
- Trouble with coordination
How Can Physiotherapy Help You?
Physiotherapy can help in cases of multiple sclerosis by providing:
- Physical independence
- Increased chances of staying in employment
- Improved general health and quality of life
Ways of Therapy for Multiple Sclerosis
1. Improve posture
- By putting the right muscle in the right place and at the right time to help it work efficiently.
- This is required for balancing, walking, and improving arm and hand function.
2. Improve Balance
- Multiple sclerosis can alter the way in which a person moves, making him/her feel as if he/she is more likely to fall.
- Neurological physiotherapy helps rebuild poor balance.
3. Improve Walking
- Walking is affected because of general or specific muscle weakness.
- The general weakness can be addressed by exercises.
- In specific weakness, the treatment is likely to be more specialized with rehabilitation technology.
- The most common treatment method for a drop foot or a floppy foot is with functional electrical stimulation (FES).
4. Improve Spasticity
- Muscle spasms, pain, or stiffness in the muscles are experienced by these patients.
- The physiotherapist can help reduce the problems associated with this type of altered muscle function and leg weakness.
- The therapy involves stretches to help you maintain mobility and prevent muscle spasms. It also includes training on how to use mobility aids like a cane, walker, or a wheelchair.
- For rehabilitation exercises, splints or orthoses are used.
5. Improve Fatigue
- Fatigue is a symptom of multiple sclerosis; however, people also get fatigued because of the extra effort they have to invest in all their activities.
- Neurological physiotherapy will work with you to help you manage the fatigue so you can save your energy for the good stuff.
During a relapse
- A relapse — also called a flare or exacerbation — is a period of time when symptoms of multiple sclerosis are more frequent or severe.
- During this period, you may have greater difficulty with everyday tasks that include working, cooking, walking, or bathing.
Progressive multiple sclerosis
- If you have primary progressive multiple sclerosis, you don’t experience relapses. Instead, your disease is on a gradual, constant decline.
- For advanced multiple sclerosis
- People with advanced multiple sclerosis have severe multiple sclerosis symptoms.
- People with advanced multiple sclerosis are non-ambulatory.
- It means they cannot walk or get around without help from another person or a motorized device. Also, people at this stage have an increased risk of developing other health conditions such as osteoporosis or epilepsy.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!