Find numerous Neurosurgeons in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Neurosurgeons with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Neurosurgeons online in Bikaner. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Head And Neck Cancer Surgeries
Accident Injuries Treatment
Anterior Segment Surgery
Endoscopic Skull Base Surgery
Brain Suite Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Cancer Pain Management
Column Traumatology Procedure
Csf Rhinorrhoea Repair Procedure
Decompression Microvascular Surgery
Deep Brain Stimulation Procedure
Treatment of Disc Prolapse
Treatment Of Disk Slip
A migraine is one of the worst form of headache. It is reported that over 90 percent of people who suffers from a migraine are unable to work. The intense pain totally makes them vulnerable. A mammoth 113 million workdays are wasted globally due to this problem. This being said, if the pain is slowly starting to set in, it is possible to manage it at the workspace.
Here is a convenient guide to do just that:
1. Pain Medication: If you are a migraine patient, it is likely that you have your migraine medication with you. The first step is to try the medication. If on the other hand, the medication is not available basic painkillers can be given a shot to manage the pain. Basic pain medications, such as ibuprofen are easily available over the counter and are capable of providing temporary relief.
2. Educate co-workers: Despite awareness about migraine pain, many organisations continue to turn a deaf ear about the problem. Instead of fighting with the whole organisations, it makes sense to educate your immediate colleague about a migraine. All you require is 1-2 people who have your back.
3. Control the environment: With the onset of the pain, it becomes more and more difficult to resume work. Few environmental changes such as adjusting the monitor to the eye level, using a sachet of odour neutralizer and switching off the nearest light will help you to manage the pain for few hours.
4. Staying hydrated: Migraine tends to increase multifold if the body is not hydrated. It is, therefore, essential to drink as much water as you can. Apart from water few other drinks such as lime juice and green tea can be of great assistance to hold the pain back for quite some time.
5. Small snacks: Although eating during a migraine can be tough because of the buzzing pain it is a good idea to have small snacks throughout the working hours. An empty stomach creates acidity and further aggravates the pain. Small time snacks such cookies and chocolate bar can come really handy at this time.
6. Get enough air: A centralized workplace can be claustrophobic and intensify the pain for many. Get out of the workspace to get some fresh air. A sudden gush of oxygen can be a welcome relief from the monotonous and crowded office floor.
7. Apply water on the skull: While this might sound like a crazy idea, applying a small amount of water in the middle of the skull can give temporary relief from the throbbing effect of a migraine. If ice is available in the office pantry, make no hesitation in applying it on the migraine side of the forehead. Ice is capable of spreading a cooling effect throughout the forehead and the skull. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Hi, I was experiencing numbness in my extremities (only when sitting in awkward position or if I put pressure on them) since the last two years when I started gaining weight. I have gained almost 30 kg in the last 2 years from 62 to 92 kg. I had my blood sugar, thyroid and Nerve Conduction Velocity tested. All came out to be OK except vitamin b12 deficiency which was severe. I have some fatigue and short term memory problems. Please advice me on the best method to tackle this problem.
Sir I am suffering from Seizures, sir can you tell me about this and suffering from last 5yrs, please sir.
I met an accident 5 years ago in which I faced injuries in my left arm. I have minor fractured in my left shoulder and major fractured in my elbow joint. Even the nerves of the pinky finger and little finger were damaged. I was operated successfully and I was told with the passage of time and with the little exercises my nerves will be ok. But still after 5 years I can feel that it is not properly recovered. Even I have consulted this thing with my surgeon. He replied it is ok. But I want to know how can I get 100% recovered my nerves.
Sir I have a problem in my thigh some area is not sence properly what is this cause sir I have also leg pain some times in night time.
My father is being suffering from Alzheimer's, some what he lost memory. Plse tell to regain lost memory.
I'm 19 years old, and even though I don't feel nervous or fear or any other emotions, than why do my hands tremble?
I am 34 years old male. I am suffering mild depression with migraine as along with diabetes, hypothyroid & allergic asthma. Recently I got check-up to psychytrist as he prescribe me anti-depression & migraine tab. 1/1. As it is = pregabid nt 1, amolife 10mg. My headache (migraine) haven't less. Will I continue it for long time or what would you recommended?
I am 67 years old and have under control levels diabetic, cholesterol and b. P. Some months back I had mild giddiness when I tilted my head downwards. Doctor prescribed medicine like stemmatil mild dose and dvised it due to old age when enough blood may not be going to brain and advised caution as the best cure to avoid downward jerks to head. Please give me second opinion and would you suggest a brain scan to know more.
Dear sir, when i go up stares , then i feel very weakness and my breath comes very largely.I go daily 72 steps up and down two three times in a day.My age near about 60 years.I have no any sikness.Please tell the reason.I am waiting your good advise.Thanks
I am 21 year old female I have migraine problem for last 1and half year and my treatment is going on from p. G. I. Is there any permanent solution for this problem?
I had a slip dics (due to lifting heavy article) some 3 years back. Even after rest and medication, I feel numbness in my lower limbs when I sit or stand for more than half hour. Doctors say this could be due to some nerve compression. Physiotherapy also has been tried.
My father have Paralysis in full Right side of the body after the brain struck from last 1 month 20 days. Now he hace slurred speech and short time memory loss. Physiotherapy is going daily. Please suggest How we can treat for paralysis.
The ketogenic diet is a special high-fat, low-carbohydrate diet that helps to control seizures in some people with epilepsy.
Doctors usually recommend the ketogenic diet for children whose seizures have not responded to several different seizure medicines.
The typical ketogenic diet, called the "long-chain triglyceride diet," provides 3 to 4 grams of fat for every 1 gram of carbohydrate and protein.
Several studies have shown that the ketogenic diet does reduce or prevent seizures in many children whose seizures could not be controlled by medications.