Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Physicians online in Bikaner. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Submit a review for Dr. Praveen PrajapatYour feedback matters!
One of Street dog Bitten me 6-7 months ago. Didn't go for vaccination as it was minor scratches. Nothing appeared in the infected area. Do I need to go for some diagnosis or am I safe? Please help me, I am little worried about it.
I have a cold and high fever since last three day. Have have taken medicine but I am still not feeling well.
I think I am suffering from erectile dysfunction. Please help me. What should I do. Should I take some medicines or are there natural ways to cure this.
She is suffering from constipation. She hardly got freshed 2 times in a week in morning. And irregular in all the days.
Right side of my throat is having severe pain. I can't swallow the saliva properly. What can be the problem doctor?
Hello, I got married 2 months back and started having sex with my wife. My wife wants to have sex with me daily. Is it normal to have sex daily on a regular basis?
Hello doctor, I am 35 now n still unmarried. I have so much sexual feeling n I want to do sex but I can't before marriage. My sexual feeling increases day by day. How do I control or how do I fulfil my desire. Plzzz doctor help me.
I am suffering from heavy dry cough from 2 days and my chest pains wen I cough. What medicine would you prescribe for me to rid of this cough.
should one take Tamiflu on symptoms of flu at Ahmedabad without doctors prescription to ensure that it does take a serious form.
I have headache, due to that sleep property and I am unable to concentrate on my work. Can you suggest me any medicine plz.
The human body is designed to process foods with the help of fiber. The benefit of fibers is being recognized widely, and people are being advised to increase the fiber content in their food. On an average our body requires 25 to 30 g of fiber per day.
The body requires two types of fibers, soluble and insoluble. The soluble ones absorb water during digestion, contribute to stool bulk, and are believed to reduce cholesterol levels. Fruits, vegetables, legumes, oats, and barley are good sources of soluble fibers.
The insoluble ones are required for good movement of food through the intestines. These are also found in fruits, vegetables, and whole grains like wheat, rice, barley, oats, etc. It takes a little planning to ensure your food is fibrous, but the benefits are a lot and long lasting.
Follow some of the following simple steps and you will see them for yourself:
- Vegetables: On a lighter note, make sure each meal of yours is as colorful as possible. Include good amount of carrots, radish, greens, legumes, tomatoes, cabbage, and any other vegetable that you like in each meal. This ensures that you get all the fiber and nutrients that you want in a meal. Baked, boiled, raw choose any form, that you like.
- Fruits: It is advisable to eat a raw fruit as compared to having its juice. The fiber content gets reduced when you convert it to a juice. Try not to discard the peel, unless it is not edible at all, pineapple or jackfruit for example. Fruits, along with vegetables, form the most natural and best source of fiber. About 5 servings of fruits and vegetables per day will get you all the fiber you need for a day that is 25 to 30 g per day. Berries, pears, prunes, figs, apples, oranges, apples, pears, mangoes, pineapples - take your pick.
- Whole grains: Whether you are picking up bread, noodles, cookies, or a packet of pasta, make sure they are made of whole grains and not refined flour. Include one cereal in your breakfast. Oats, barley, wheat germ powder, flax seeds can all be good sources of fiber. Replace white rice with brown rice to get more fiber.
- Legumes: Incorporate fiber rich legumes in your daily meal, such as beans, lentils, peas or puree them for interesting dips. Adding legumes help you with the required amount of fiber intake for your body along with regular and smooth bowel movements.
- Water: Though not a direct contributor to fiber, increasing the water intake makes the fiber from the above mentioned foods more effective. It promotes better food passage through the intestines and contributes to better stool. It also reduces the bloated feeling that you get with increased fiber.
Try to gradually make these small changes to your diet and you will see the benefits almost immediately. Try including more fibrous foods to also prolong your hunger pangs, breakfast being the best way to start.