Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ankit Godara
Submit a review for Dr. Ankit GodaraYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Very Humble & spiritual doctor, Listen carefully . Suggest very good techniques and Pranayam to lead better life.
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Ankit Godara to be very helpful. Thanks
Fever is not a disease! It's a known fact that normal human body temperature is 98.6 F (37 C). If temperature goes beyond that, then it's called fever. But one must not worry every time if there is a rise in the temperature. Why?
The reason is that immune system is designed to raise temperature as a defence mechanism if there is any attack by a foreign body (such as bacteria). So body temperature may fluctuate between 97 and 100.4. But there is no need to worry.
When to Consider Checking?
Routine check up is unnecessary. You may consider to check when:
Is it Time to Worry?
Normally, fever is not dangerous. However, if you see the following conditions, then it's time to worry and call a doctor.
* If the body temperature is more than 103 F
* If fever lasts for more than five days
* If you feel difficulty in breathing
* If there is severe vomiting or diarrhoea
* If you feel stiffness in the neck and have headache
* If you feel excessively sleepy and lethargic
* If you see redness in skin, rashes or blood in stool.
If the condition worsens, it is time to rush to a hospital. There could be following:
* Meningitis: it's life-threatening and highly transmissible in case of bacterial infection. A combination of a fever, extreme headache and stiffness in the neck is an indication that you must rush to the emergency department of a hospital near you.
* Difficulty in breathing or chest pain along with fever should prompt you to call for emergency medical assistance.
* If someone has fever along with blood in stool, urine or mucus, it's one of the reasons to seek for emergency medical help.
* If one has fever and is quite disturbed or puzzled unnecessarily, then the person should be taken to the emergency department.
* A person with low immune responses (such as one who is suffering from cancer or AIDS) needs doctor's help in case of fever development.
* Hyperthermia: it's a condition of very high fever, i.e., more than 104 F. The person seems to be confused and may not respond to verbal stimuli or commands. It's time for medical emergency.
What should You Do?
For mild fever, even home remedy can help. Aspirin shouldn't be the first choice and an absolute no for individuals less than 18 years. Other drugs that people usually tend to consume are ibuprofen or acetaminophen. One should also drink plenty of water. In case of a heat stroke, body needs to be cooled.
Other severe causes such as viral infection should lead you to a doctor.
It is worth note that there are certain signs which show that you may get an illness. If these signs and symptoms are taken seriously then most probably you will be able to get rid of the illness a lot sooner.
Here are 5 indicators that you may acquire an illness sooner than you think :
1. Reduction in appetite
A reduction in appetite is never good. This is because a reduction in appetite is an indicator of many oncoming illnesses. These range from a simple cold all the way to a strep throat. Sometimes, a strep throat may also be the result of gastroenteritis. Gastroenteritis is when a virus enters your stomach and causes diarrhea as well as vomiting. It is worth note that a reduction in appetite during summer can be normal. However, feeling nauseous or detesting food can mean that you are going to have one of the illnesses listed above.
2. Swollen neck glands
The neck glands are just below the jawbones. When these glands swell, it is a sign that you may be falling ill. Common illnesses which may occur when you have swollen neck glands include ear infections, the common cold as well as skin infections. The reason why neck glands usually swell is because when there is an infection, the dead cells and bacteria accumulate in the neck glands.
Fatigue is not when you are tired after the day. It is characterized by being tired all the time or after very little work done. When you face fatigue, it is a sign you may be falling ill.
4. Muscle aches
Muscle aches are a common symptom of flu. This is because when you have flu, antibodies are released. When these antibodies produce histamines and cytokines, they may travel to muscles and trigger the pain receptors.
A fever is the body's way of fighting infections. When you have a fever, it usually means the body is increasing its temperature to kill invading bacteria. Therefore, this is another way of knowing you have infections.
A healthy and nutritious breakfast can make a good morning even better. Myths and misconceptions are galore when it comes to a healthy breakfast. Many of the lip smacking breakfasts come with zero nutritional value. But they look so tempting that we fall for such delicacies. A healthy breakfast is not always healthy.
Some of the assumed healthy and nutritious foodstuff can do your health more harm than good. Thus, one needs to get their facts right before zeroing upon a particular breakfast.
* French toast; a perfect toast to unhealthy life
Ideally, a healthy breakfast should give you energy and keep you fit and active throughout the day. French toast is anything but healthy and nutritious. It has negligible nutritional value. With this breakfast, all those rigorous exercises will prove to be futile. Some people go a step further. They team this already unhealthy breakfast with French fries and sausages. This palatable breakfast can give your waistline nightmares, not to forget the associated health complications. Bread toast with boiled or scrambled eggs is a much healthier and nutritious alternative.
* Cakes and Pastries; the sweet devil
Cakes and pastries for breakfast are sure to throw your health in jeopardy. Pastries and cakes are both simple carbohydrates. When taken in, these are immediately broken down to glucose. An elevated glucose level often results in an abnormal rise in insulin level. This can lead to serious health problems, with diabetes and obesity being the most common complications. There will inflammation affecting the whole body. Your skin will be the worst affected. It will lose its radiance and appear wrinkled and saggy.
* Donut for breakfast
It is the best way to welcome the unwanted calories and fats into your body. Donuts mostly contain trans- fats that can result in serious healthy complications. You will feel lethargic throughout the day. Obesity and donuts are like two faces of the same coin.
* The sugary juice to obesity
For some people, the breakfast is incomplete without fruit juices. While fruit juices appear as a good, healthy option, the facts are just the opposite. Freshly prepared juices can still be accepted, but the packaged fruit juices are a BIG NO. The packaged juices are loaded with sugar that can never do your health any good. Whole fruit is a much better and recommended option for your health.
Bagels , when loaded with cream or cheese are no longer considered healthy. Flavoured yoghurts are equally unhealthy and should be avoided. Before going for packaged cereals, the nutritional contents should be well read and understood.
Your health is important. The sooner you realise this, the better it is. Reach us at to know more about the healthy breakfast options.
Here are a few tips to get better sleep:
1. It is important to maintain the same sleep schedule every single day. This helps to naturalize your body clock and get the best quality sleep.
2. Switch off all mobile phones, laptops and other electronic devices. Their artificial glow not only hampers your eyesight, but also prolongs the amount of time your body takes to relax and fall off to sleep.
3. If your back pain causes you to continually wake up in the middle of the night in discomfort, then sleep with a pillow or cushion between your legs so as to straighten out your back and relieve pent up stress.
4. The importance of your pillow can never be stressed upon enough. Your pillow should be not too fat, hard or soft. It should just about support the natural curve of your neck, so that it is perfectly aligned with the centre of your body. Correct sleeping postures are extremely important.
5. Make sure your room is nice and dark so as to stimulate the secretion of a hormone called melatonin that is regulated by light exposure. Darker the room, greater melatonin, making you more sleepy.
6. Those who exercise regularly and well are known to be fitful sleepers. Exercise well before bedtime. If required, do some light yoga or stretching exercises that promote sleep.
7. What you eat throughout the day makes a difference to the quality of your sleep. Stay away from too much caffeine, alcohol, or a heavy meal just before sleeping. They only make you stay awake for longer and may cause heartburn or stomach trouble. Don't drink too much water, or else you will be making more midnight trips to the bathroom than clocking those sleep hours.
8. Try to keep your head clear of all worries and stress when in bed. Regular meditation and deep breathing can help.
There is no end to all the things you can do to sleep well and comfortably. It is important to be self-disciplined to sleep well and hence be a healthy individual.