Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bijnor and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Pallavi Singh
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Pallavi SinghYour feedback matters!
Frigidity is commonly referred to as low sex drive in women. But it is often emotionally mistaken as on Non-responsiveness to partner's sexual advances. It is often considered as the psychological problem in person's subconscious mind. This has to be addressed at the earliest.
It has been differentiated into two types:
- One is the condition where the women fail to respond .
- The other is the condition where the women may have difficulty in being aroused. This causes feeling of pain and discomfort.
CAUSES OF FRIGIDITY:
Most common causes are menopause-related hormonal changes. Few other causes are :
Emotional Causes of Frigidity:
- Past traumatic sexual experiences such as sexual assault or rape.
- Fear of pregnancy or sexually transmitted diseases.
- Emotional distance from the partner.
- Emotions like depression, anxiety or boredom in a relationship.
- Communication problems like an unresolved emotional issue that takes place between partners.
- Lack of confidence or low self-esteem.
Physical Causes of Frigidity:
- Discomfort or pain during intercourse.
- Lack of foreplay.
- Poor sexual performance in male.
- Fatigue or Exhaustion, Insomnia and Vaginal dryness.
- Effects of prescribed medications, alcohol abuse.
- Hormonal imbalance
TREATMENT AND MANAGEMENT:
(I) Natural Treatment
- Intake of avocados, eggs, oysters, olive oil, soy, sesame oil, pumpkin seeds, nuts, sprouts chocolates, Zinc rich food and Vitamin E in your diet.
- Include Herbs such as Siberia Ginseng, Chive, Damiana, Kava, Muira Pauma, Wild Yam, Ginger root, Sarsaparilla.
- Dong Quai are very effective in curing women frigidity.
- Regular yoga and exercises boost overall sexual health.
- Read erotic books or watch erotic movies along with your partner.
- Quality sleeps and de-stress spas and body massage.
- Avoid sugary food items, red meat and poultry.
(II) Seeking professional help
- Eradicating relationship issues with the help of counseling.
- Psychotherapy in order to get rid of your hidden fears.
- If required, do see a gynaecologist for proper examination and assessment.
(III) How can your rekindle her lost passion
Here are pointers as to how to help a woman know she is loved. From this will flow astounding benefits, including bringing her to the peak of her sexuality.
- Praise her. Regularly find things you like about her physical appearance, her character and her abilities, and verbalize your admiration. Appreciate all that she does for you and freely express your gratitude.
- Be loyal to her. Don’t say negative things about her behind her back. Defend her if anyone speaks negatively about her. Don?t undermine her authority in front of the children.
- If you use humor that puts her down, be extremely careful. She might, laugh but at times your words could be damaging her. Try to wean yourself off such humor.
- Seek to discover her inner feelings. Try to be sensitive to her needs. This is a huge challenge for most men.
- Giver her time: Recognize and make allowances for times when she is tired or upset or not her usual self.
- Respect her opinions. You might not always agree with her, but try to. Thoughtfully consider her views. Never rubbish them.
- Consult your wife before making decisions. Share your plans and dreams with her. Be open and honest with her about every aspect of your life
- Regularly ask her such things as:
- What can I do to make you feel more loved?
- What can I do to boost your confidence and help you feel good about yourself?
- What can we do to make sex more exciting and fulfilling for you?
Perhaps you are scared to ask such questions for fear she will say something like, “Help more around the house”. Be brave! If this really is high on her priorities for feeling loved, then it is important. More is at stake than a bit of housework. It touches her emotional well-being and your entire marriage. Only she knows the critical elements in making her feel loved. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Mammography shows BIRADS IV. Biopsy is suggested. Would like to know the cost for the procedure. Also have PCOD and so advised D&C. What would be it cost?
I am 18 nd I have sex with my partner on 5th December. But not fully sex only penis goes 1 cm inside vagina but no semen came out from boy. Is there chance of pregnancy? But I am 3 day late for my periods?
Menstrual cramps or dysmenorrhea is a condition wherein one experiences painful cramps which occur during the menses. Dysmenorrhea is classified into two types –
- Primary Dysmenorrhea: These are the most common menstrual cramps which begin 1-2 years after menstrual cycles begin. The pain is felt in the lower part of the abdomen or the back. The cramps usually start before the period begins, and disappear after 2-3 days.
- Secondary Dysmenorrhea: This is a type of dysmenorrhea which accompanies any disorder in the reproductive system. Secondary dysmenorrhea tends to last longer than the normal menstrual cramps.
One will experience symptoms of abdominal pain, pain in the hip joints and a bloating sensation in the abdomen. In case of severe cramps, one may suffer from diarrhea and vomiting. Pain in the inner thighs and the lower back are also very common symptoms.
The menstrual cramps are usually caused by contractions that occur in the uterus. During the menstrual cycle, the uterus, which is a pear-shaped organ in the body, tends to contract. Excessive contractions cause the uterus to press against the blood vessels, cutting off the supply of oxygen to the muscle tissues. Pain results when the oxygen supply is cut off from a muscle.
Dealing with Menstrual Cramps:
Here are some steps that you can take to deal with menstrual cramps:
- Taking pain relieving medications such as ibuprofen and acetaminophen.
- To get relief from lower back pain, one can apply heat on the affected area by using heating pads.
- Get enough rest.
- Avoid eating foods that are rich in salt and caffeine.
- Alcohol consumption and smoking should be restricted.
- You can massage the abdomen and the lower back.
In addition to these remedies, exercising helps in relieving menstrual pain. People who exercise experience milder symptoms as compared to those who do not exercise.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I was late this time by 12-13 days. After that I got my periods on last Sunday 6 nov. But for first 2 days, they were extremely light only with only very light spotting. Afterwards some blood clots were observed. And now 16 Nov the period still hasn't stop though flow is light. Can you suggest if it's normal. I am sexually inactive. Had taken primolut n in August but Sep periods were normal .I have always been very regular. This is the first time.
Hi I'm a 23 years old girl. Sometimes I feel pain in my breasts and if I squeeze a little amount of grey liquid comes out of it. Is it normal at this age?
So resist that chocolate cake siren, and instead enjoy a sliced apple with a tablespoon of nut butter (like peanut or almond) or fresh fig halves spread with ricotta.
Then sleep sweet, knowing you're still on the right, healthy track.