Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Bijapur and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Stem Cell Transplant
Submit a review for Dr. D. C UppinYour feedback matters!
What is spf sunscreen?
- Spf, or sun protection factor, is a measure of how well a sunscreen will protect skin from uv rays, the kind of radiation that causes sunburn, damages skin, and can contribute to skin cancer.
- If your skin would normally burn after 10 minutes in the sun, applying an spf 15 sunscreen would allow you to stay in the sun without burning
- Spf is actually a measure of protection from amount of uvb exposure and it is not meant to help you determine duration of exposure.
The spf (sun protection factor) scale is not linear:
- Spf 15 blocks 93% of uvb rays
- Spf 30 blocks 97% of uvb rays
- Spf 50 blocks 98% of uvb rays
So, one way of looking at this is that spf 30 sunscreen only gives you 4% more protection than spf 15 sunscreen.
Why not use a really high sun protection factor?
Sunscreens with really high spfs, such as spf 75 or spf 100, do not offer significantly greater protection than spf 30 and mislead people into thinking they have more protection than they actually do.
I am having excessive dark complexion in my groin area and genital area. Which is too awkward for me.
Medical science constantly challenges the boundaries by finding not only the cures to the most dangerous diseases, but finds a way to prevent them even before they occur. With years of research, practice and data available for analysis, scientists are using advanced technology in combination with years of research to create a predicting mechanism for often fatal diseases like cancer.
Breast cancer screening has always been done with mammography. The fact is that this method is only 75% accurate, laden with false positives and misses a whole set of women totally- and that too when cancer has already developed. Part of the problem comes from the dense breast tissue which one in three women have. This tissue masks the lumps, which makes it difficult for mammograms to accurately screen cancer.
Some breakthrough scientific methods are changing this by drawing on years of research to predict this deadly disease, years before it can manifest itself.
A genetic test to predict cancer 10-11 years ahead of time
This test was performed to see how environmental factors could influence cancer, along with habits like smoking, abusing alcohol or hormones, genetic changes that occur and are put a large percentage of the women at a high risk of developing this disease.
A simple blood test is used for the genetic analysis of hereditary cancer. Researchers found a biological marker, methylation of the ATM gene, which has a very high ability to predict the risk of developing cancer, several years before diagnosis. 'Methylation' concluded that when one biological indicator is exposed to carcinogenic substances, or other abusive substances like tobacco and alcohol, it may trigger the development of cancer. On the flip side, this test will take time to reach the commercial market and even then cannot give an exact timeline as to when someone may develop the disease.
A simple blood test to predict breast cancer 5 years before it develops
This is the kind of medical miracle the world is looking for. Last year in April, researches in Denmark identified a simple blood test that can predict breast cancer five years before it actually develops with an accuracy of a whopping 80%.
It works by "measuring all of the compounds in the blood to build a 'metabolic profile' of an individual, in order to detect changes in the way chemicals are processed, during a pre-cancerous stage," says Laura Donnelly, health editor at The Telegraph, which covered this development. Danish researchers observed 57,000 participants over 20 years, gathering blood samples along the way, specifically comparing a set of 800 women who remained healthy or developed breast cancer within 7 years of their first blood sample. The researchers found they were able to predict, with 80 percent accuracy, which patients would be affected by the disease, just by looking at the metabolic profiles they built from the participants' blood samples. The results have been published in Metabolomics.
Are you living with the uncertainty of a lump in your breast? It's time you take the first step and consult a specialist here.
My friend he is 22 years old he has net with an petrol burn accident in may 15 (2015) but till today he is having pain. How much wil it take his skin to become normal. He got I jured on his 2 hands, neck, chest and back though it is healing his skin is nt becoming normal when wil it get normal. Does ig get normal or not? wat ahyd we do to make his skin like before. Thank you in advance.
Sir I have spots in my face since 1 year and am Using bengel cream and Glocin gel cream. Still don't get any improvements. Please suggest something better.
I am a 27yrs old female and having my face darkness and black marks. I had consulted to skin doctor but no result please give me the suggestion.
My nose has oily skin but except my nose my skin is not oily tell my any do it yourself remedies or home remedies for it.
I'm 30 years old male I'm a smoker my problem is that there r big dark circles occurring under my eyes is there any medicine or cure without side effects kindly revert.
Laser hair removal refers to a process in which a special laser light is shone upon hair follicles. Pigments in the hair follicles soak up the light and this stops the hair from growing. There are several advantages as well and risks associated with laser hair removal treatment. Here is everything you need to know about laser hair removal.
- Precision: One of the biggest advantages of laser hair removal is the fact that you can pick and choose and remove only the hairs which you want to remove, which is not the case with waxing.
- Speed: Laser hair removal is relatively quick as an area, roughly equal to the size of one coin can be treated within a second. Therefore, small areas which need to be treated can be treated in under a minute while the whole back can have all the hair on it treated in about an hour.
- Reliability: Laser hair removal is very predictable and reliable due to the fact that hair will permanently be gone if this treatment is opted for.
What not to do?
Laser hair removal like any other treatment requires trained professionals as well as some precautions. Here are some precautions you should take before laser hair removal treatment.
- Limit plucking, electrolysis and waxing: All of these treatments remove the root of the hair. This is not good as the laser hair removal treatment is meant to be performed on the root of the hair. These should not be done for six weeks before treatment.
- Avoid sun exposure: Exposure to the sun creates complications and should be avoided for up to six weeks before treatment and also six weeks after treatment.
HOW LASER HAIR REMOVAL WORKS
Regardless of which area you're looking to de-fuzz, laser hair removal can help. In a matter of minutes, hair follicles are destroyed with minimal discomfort. Using highly concentrated energy, hair follicles are targeted and pulses of light are emitted. The laser's energy is attracted to the pigment of hair, the same way sunlight is attracted to darker clothing. For this reason, laser hair removal work best on those with dark, coarse hair and a fair complexion.
THINGS TO CONSIDER WHEN CHOOSING A LASER HAIR REMOVAL PROVIDER:
- The experience level of the treatment provider
- The quality of the hair removal equipment (lasers)
- The ability to safely treat all skin colors.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.
My wife suffering blood bleeding problem at the time of stools, I sustain that it may be piles can you suggest what is the reason and what is the treatment her age is 26 and we having 5 months baby present.
HELLO Dr, I am 65 years male. I have problem of gross prostate enlargement. Weighs 72 gms Urologists suggested to undergo operation. Is there any sure treatment in ayurveda. I want to avoid operation. Pre void volume - 340 cc. Post void residual urine -71 cc. Pl suggest treatment and any hospitals in bangalore, Karnataka, India. Thanks.
What are blackheads?
Blackheads are basically a form of acne that contains oxidised melanin; melanin is the pigment that is secreted by the skin cells, known as melanocytes. They get lodged within the pores of the skin and can give a nasty appearance. It looks like little black dots on the skin and gives an uneven appearance.
Why are they caused?
Clogged pores have an all around depicted pathogenesis:
- The sebaceous organs overproduce sebum (and skin cell abundance may likewise be an element)
- The abundant sebum bunches together with dead skin cells and hinder the hair follicle (the base and trench in the skin from which a hair strand develops)
- The open comedones uncover this plug of sebum to the air, bringing about oxidation of the sleek, waxy substance, turning it into a dark colour.
As laid out above, clogged pores are a consequence of strange sebum production, frequently combined with abundance of skin cells, bringing about blocked pores. While we comprehend this procedure, the explanations behind the extra creation of sebum are less clear.
Hormonal changes amid adolescence are the most widely recognized trigger for excess sebum generation. Less basic are changes because of menstrual periods, pregnancy and conception prevention pills. The male sex hormone, ‘androgen’ triggers more noteworthy over-production of sebum and higher turnover of skin cells and its creation surges in both young men and young ladies amid adolescence.
An over-secretion of androgen hormones in grown-up ladies may expand the dangers of clogged pores and different types of skin inflammation, and also hirsutism (extreme hair development). Different variables for skin break outs and the occurrence of clogged pores include:
1. Beauty care products, chemicals and garments that cover pores
2. Substantial sweating or high dampness
3. Dietary variables, ailment or pharmaceuticals that support fast skin cell turnover
4. Certain steroid drugs aggravate skin inflammation or cause comparative skin eruptions.
How is it treated?
Having a small number of blackheads is categorised as mild acne. It is treated as per its severity; so spotting a few sporadic blackheads on your face might not warrant immediate medical attention. However, severe cases should be medically attended to, in order to prevent scarring and further aggravations. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist and ask a free question.