Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Bijapur and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Stem Cell Transplant
Submit a review for Dr. D. C UppinYour feedback matters!
I have small bumps on various parts of my body and more on my buttocks my buttocks itch very badly ,I can't sleep at night. My penis also have small bumps that sometimes give pricking sensation with excessive itching on the inner side. What should I do, my doctor said that it is tinea infection.
My mother face skin getting dark day by day. She use few cream to solution but no result. She is very worried about it. Pls give some solution.
Hello. I had a small boil near the anal area a month back. It was painful at that time and there after there was a discharge of pus with some blood as well. Ever since the pain has subsided. But there is still discharge of pus on a regular basis. Sometimes less sometimes more. There is no pain what so ever. However the boil is still present when I checked today. What should I do.
In my eyebrows dandruff Till 3 years. Dermatologist sey it's seborrheic dermatitis. But after using medicine redness complete gone. Only skin flaky present. Hw to remove these white flaky skin.
With the advancement of technologies, comes a fee and that is pollution. Car fumes and smoke from industrial factories combined with the UV rays of the sun is more harmful than can be imagined. The most affected area is the skin.
The skin's primary purpose is to act as a protector, providing a barrier against toxic chemicals and radiation. According to dermatologists, the problems of uneven skin tone and darkened complexion is due to the pollution in the environment. It accelerates ageing. Skin cancer, connective tissues disease, halogen acne and chemical depigmentation are some of the skin problems.
Pollution affects skin
When pollution comes into direct contact with the skin, the polluted particles begins to infiltrate the deeper epidermis layers. This infiltration causes the skin to become inflamed and dehydrated. A cellular-level reaction also takes place which makes the skin lose its firmness and elasticity. Pollution breaks down the collagen present in the skin which makes the skin impaired from further functioning as a barrier. The formation of wrinkles, lines and loss in the volume are the typical signs of the skin being affected. Acne and dermatitis are also signs found in the earlier stage of skin problems due to pollution.
If an individual wants to examine the texture of the skin, then a full facial assessment can be done. The examination should deal thoroughly with the formation and patterns of the lines and wrinkles. One must note if the ageing of the skin is in parity with the ageing of the person. Sometimes the skin problems may be associated with hyperpigmentation and to check if the lines extend till the neck. Along with the face, the hands should also be examined because these two are the main areas that remain exposed mostly with a chance of getting affected by environmental pollutants.
Three ways of managing the skin problems
- Sunscreen: The most common way to keep your skin guarded against the radiation and pollutants is to use sunscreen. It inhibits the harmful effects of UV rays on the skin. It acts as a physical barrier protecting the skin from coming into contact with the ultraviolet radiation. Dermatologists recommend SPF 50 for complete protection. It is to be noted that the SPF is not combined with foundations or moisturisers and it tends to become less active.
- Cleansing: At the end of the day, it is always advisable to cleanse the face thoroughly to remove the invisible toxins that gather on the skin over the day. Cleansing, as well as exfoliation is an excellent remedy to improve your skin texture. Products containing alpha hydroxy acids (AHA) is recommended to be used as they chemically exfoliate the skin and help in the development of new skin cells.
- Antioxidants: After coming into contact with the skin, pollution forms free radicals or molecules that destruct the skin by breaking the collagen. To prevent the skin destruction from happening, antioxidants are to be used. They are the nutrient that helps in neutralising the free radicals and diminishes the risk of skin damage. It helps the skin to repair itself. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.
Hi. How long does glyco-12 takes to lighten my hands and feet? Is there any creams which does better?
My face is oily and that is the reason the glow does not come on my face .What to do for glowing and healthier skin.
Good evening doctor, I am 25 year male I am having problem that my face always remain oily and having pimples also which creates dark spots on my face please suggest what should I do?
My face is becoming so oily. I have wheatish skin. How do I reduce oiliness and improve fairness for a glowing skin?
My lips getting blackish, over from 5 years. I won't like smoking, tea and coffees. I want to get red lips.What should i do?
My hair is very thin. And the texture of my hair was also bad like it is a bit rough. I've started keeping heena pack twice a month and aloevera juice once a week. To improve my hair growth what kind if food and hair packs or medices I have to use?
Hello doctor, I have a small infection near the anus so doctors said to avoid hard stools I am trying to avoid it but no changes so How to avoid hard stools and what should eat and what should not eat for this, thank you.
My face has become black .earlier it has a glow .nd face colour was fairer .now what to do to make face fairer.
Hey. I am bhrat from fatehabad, haryana. I am suffer from bad dandruff. My face iss rough and oily and dandruff like thighs on my face. How I cure rrom this. Answer pllzzzz.
Hello. I have oily skin and pimple problem. Pimples also leave scar. Please tell me how to get rid if these pimples and scars, my skin epecially face has also got very tanned and dull please help me to get rid of this tanning and dullness.
I have a scar on my face. I faced an accident in 2016. My dp has my scar pic. If any doctor can disappear my scar it would be very helpful .please help me out with solution what should I do and how much would it cost.
I am just turning 20 this August and I have been suffering from these symptoms since a month of what I suspect to be is GERD Frequent Burning burps, increased production of saliva which is FOAMY, occasional pain in stomach, hoarseness (again occasional, bloating. I am just 19 and I want to know that can I get barrett's esophagus or esophageal cancer at this young age. Thank you.
Heartburn is a common symptom experienced by many people, but is often overlooked as indigestion. Besides making you uncomfortable, this can be a sign of a much bigger health problem. While the occasional heartburn can be treated with antacids, chronic heartburn can be a sign of gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) or acid reflux.
Here are three important reasons you should not ignore heartburn
- It can promote tooth decay: The acid regurgitated might not necessarily stop in the esophagus. It can often also make its way into your mouth. When this happens frequently it can promote tooth decay and wear out enamel. This can also leave your mouth with a sour taste. Acid reflux induced tooth erosion can easily be prevented by the early treatment of acid reflux,but in most cases is noticed only after the damage has been done.
- It can cause cancer of the esophagus: Chronic acid reflux that persists for years can lead to changes in the cells of the esophagus. This can lead to a cancerous condition known as Barrett's esophagus. The condition has no other symptoms can if left untreated can develop into cancer of the esophagus. Women are at a higher risk of this form of cancer than men. Though esophageal cancer is relatively rare, it is not something to be trifled with. The survival rate of esophageal cancer is very low in comparison to other forms of cancer. Only 15-20% patients live longer than 5 years after this condition is diagnosed.
- It can lead to breathing problems: Heartburn is caused by stomach acid flowing back into the esophagus. If it is inhaled after regurgitation, it can worsen asthmatic conditions and pneumonia. At the same time, treating acid reflux with medication like PPIs can also increase the risk of pneumonia as it can promote bacterial growth and suppress coughing. Thus, when consulting a doctor for acid reflux treatment ensure that you mention any existing asthmatic conditions so that you can be treated with your lung functioning in mind.
In addition, acid reflux can also impact a person's health and quality of life. To prevent heartburn people often find themselves avoiding certain foods. This can impact their social lives and in turn make them withdrawing into themselves. A person's sleep can also be affected by heartburn. Hence, it is important to treat heart burn as early as possible and not wait for it to become a chronic problem.