Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Skin Diseases Treatment
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Skin Laser Treatment
Derma Roller Treatment
Treatment of Sun Spots
Submit a review for Dr. Rajeshwari K.A BhatYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Even after my treatment with my old doctor, I never felt so much relief, but Dr Rajeshwari K.A Bhat has treated my completely. Never thought I will suffer from something hair loss like this. She never gets frustrated, even when I ask a number of queries. Even though my problem was very big, the entire experience of undergoing hair loss treatment was very relaxing. The entire 'drRajeshwari K.A . Bhat clinic was spotlessly, clean. He certainly knows the in and out of her speciality. One of my neighbour's recommended Dr Rajeshwari K.A Bhat. Her treatment suited me the best and now I am fine.
It was getting very difficult for me to cope us with my probllem of not growing beard. Over the period of time I noticed a number of changes in myself. A friend of mine referred to Rajeshwari K.A Bhat. The entire drRajeshwari K.A . Bhat was spotlessly, clean. Even though the problem was not so big, but still the other doctors were not able to treat it. The I consulted Rajeshwari K.A Bhat. The drRajeshwari K.A . Bhat have proper facilities for disabled patients as well. By chance, I taking her treatment for growing beard..
My previous experiences of hairfall treatment were not so good, but Dr Rajeshwari K.A Bhat has completely changed my opinion as she is very helpful and humble. Over the period of time the hair fall treatment has helped me a lot. All the staff members were very helpful. The best thing about Dr Rajeshwari K.A Bhat is that she prescribes limited no. of medicines. A friend of mine referred to Dr Rajeshwari K.A Bhat. Thanks to her that the hair fall treatment she gave me has given brilliant results.
Dr Rajeshwari K A Bhat's ahir growth treatment suited me the best and now I am fine. The complete process of hair growth treatment was so painless and quick, and i am so relieved that I chose to consult her. Never once that I felt that she is getting impatient, rather she has always responded to my each and every doubt with immense patience.
Due to my laser hair treatment , my daily activities were suffering. I found the drRajeshwari K.A . Bhat itself quite pleasant. Her Hair treatment suited me the best and now I am fine. I searched this Rajeshwari K.A Bhat online and saw her reviews. Not only she is very calm and composed, but is also a very understanding doctor.
dr Rajeshwari K.A Bhat is a very nice and one of the best dermatologist with an amazing experience. I'm satisfied with her treatment I received from her concerning my acne problem.The treatment was nice and good. Her clinic, Disha Polyclinic in bangalore can handle all types of emergency cases.
she is a experienced doctor with through knowledge about the problem i got. she explained in such a way anybody can understand. I definitely suggest this doctor for my friends.
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Rajeshwari K.A Bhat to be caring, practical, very helpful, well-reasoned and inspiring. Thanx
A trustworthy, realistic doctor with a friendly demeanor and answered all queries to the point.
Dr.Rajeshwari is very thorough in her profession. She takes personal care of her patients.
ever cheerful, good listener and excellent healer. A fantastic doctor indeed.
Dr. Rajeshwari K.A Bhat provides answers that are very helpful. Which tablets
Dr rajeshwari is very good doctor.she is experienced n professional.
Dr.Rajeshwari is very experienced and well known doctor.
A meticulous and straight forward doctor. All the best
A sound professional, advices to the point.
Winter brings with it the most common skin problem of chapped lips. While you may think that chapsticks are the solution to your dry lip problems, chances are that they may be making your lips drier than what it was before you used it.
Why do chapsticks make your lips drier?
- The answer lies in the ingredients used. Chapsticks are composed of ingredients such as hyaluronic acid and glycerine, which make the lips drier. These suck the moisture out of your skin, especially during dry climate, which causes your lips to be even drier after using a chapstick.
- For chapsticks to be effective, the ingredients used need to be offset by other ingredients, which can help in moisturising your lips. Chapsticks containing ingredients like beeswax, shea butter and various other essential oils help in creating a physical barrier, which prevents in the loss of moisture from your lips.
So what can you do to cure chapped lips?
Use chapsticks that contain natural ingredients such as shea butter, beeswax and essential oils along with hyaluronic acid and glycerine. Alternatively, drinking plenty of water in winters can prevent your lips from drying out.
Acne is an inflammatory skin disorder which is prevalent in both males and females. When the sebaceous glands present on skin produce excessive sebum, the hair follicles present on skin get clogged leading to the formation of acne.
Acne can be triggered by a number of factors. Here are some of the common triggers for acne:
- Genetics: If one or both parents have acne, their children have high chances of suffering from it as well. Genes influence the sensitivity of your skin towards hormones such as androgens and progesterone that trigger acne. They also influence the production of anti inflammatory chemicals in the skin and skin's response to bacteria.
- Stress: The severity of acne can be correlated to the levels of stress a person is facing. While scientists are yet to figure the exact relationship between stress and acne; it is known that the cells that produce sebum or oil also act as stress receptors. Studies suggest that when a person is under stress, these cells produce excessive sebum that clogs pores on the skin leading to pimples.
- Hormones: Hormones play an important role in skin health especially when it comes to women. Androgens or the male hormones present in both men and women, trigger acne by over stimulating the oil glands. Women may also see an increase in pimples during menstruation. This is due to the fluctuating levels of progesterone that stimulate the production of sebum.
- Medication: Acne is one of the side effects to a few types of medication such as corticosteroids and anticonvulsants. However, this is not seen very often. On the other hand, drugs that contain hormones such as androgenic steroids almost always cause an acne breakout. Treatment for acne depends on the severity of the condition and its persistence. Mild cases can be easily treated with over the counter medication, but if your acne is severe and not affected by these medications, it best to consult a dermatologist.
Lybrate | Dr Rajeshwari Bhat speaks on IMPORTANCE OF TREATING ACNE EARLY
The techniques of skin treatments to make you look beautiful and younger have developed significantly over the past few decades and the newer methods are very successful. One of these method is laser resurfacing.
What is laser resurfacing?
Laser resurfacing is the technique of eliminating dead skin cells and tissue from the top layer of your skin and thus exposing a newer and younger layer of skin. Other techniques and methods that could be used to achieve the same are far more invasive procedures, such as face lifts or plastic surgery. Laser resurfacing has known benefits compared to other methods. Let's have a look at some of them.
Benefits of Laser resurfacing:
- Laser peels are way more effective at removing wrinkles: Laser resurfacing removes the wrinkles from the skin layer by layer and thus exposes newer skin more effectively and safely as compared to a lot of the other methods. It uses high energy laser beams to eliminate other problems on the skin such as scars, lines and sun damaged areas.
- Laser resurfacing tightens collagen: The collagen within the skin which makes it tighter is automatically increased after the laser resurfacing. Thus you don't have to take separate injections to tighten your skin as this procedure automatically results in it.
- This procedure is less invasive than others: Compared to other procedures, laser resurfacing is much less invasive. For example, facelift surgeries as well as plastic surgeries to make you look younger require extensive surgery which laser resurfacing doesn't.
- Healing time is quicker: Compared to all other procedures, laser resurfacing takes much less time in healing as the procedure is minimally invasive. In case of other forms of plastic surgeries, there is a much longer period of healing.
- It can even take care of acne scars: While laser resurfacing is primarily used to look younger, it can remove old scars like the ones caused by acne or pimples. Thus, it can remove year old scars while giving you beautiful and younger skin, all at the same time.
- It also stimulates the deeper layers of skin: This procedure also helps in stimulating deeper layers of skin cells and helps the skin become younger from much further down. This helps in making sure that the laser resurfacing effects stay for longer compared to other procedures.
While this procedure also takes some healing time, once the healing period is over, you will be very pleased to see the results. However, do your research and choose the best doctors and practitioners in your area as the quality of people administering the procedure also matters a lot. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.
Whiteheads and blackheads are a type of mild acne. These occur when dead skin cells accumulate on your skin pores. They are also known as ‘comedones’. Blackheads appear like black spots on your face, and are often mistaken for dirt. Whiteheads are more stubborn than blackheads and they might be accompanied by tiny spots called papules or pustules. Since both blackheads and whiteheads are a milder type of acne, they should be promptly treated before the bacteria in the acne proliferate. The skin can worsen and cause post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation, or acne marks. This can cause serious discoloration of the skin.
1. A treatment comprised of advanced peels is usually recommended. The treatment also covers what diet you should follow and gives detailed instructions to further prevent acne. One of the peels involved in the treatment is a natural acetic acid peel, which treats whiteheads and blackheads. The peel has anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. It also contains potassium iodide and ‘jasmonic’ acid which ensures skin regeneration and exfoliation.
2. The other kind of treatment involves a thorough therapy comprising of the following stages:
- Cleansing: Skin inflammations are reduced with a blend of antioxidant teas.
- Massaging: Before the blackheads extraction can be started, your skin will be massaged to prepare for the procedure.
- Mask: A mask will be applied next on your face, and then the extraction process will begin.
- Toning: Either a tea blend or salicylic acid will be used to unclog pores and control extra oil.
- Mud Mask: A mud mask made from sea minerals and ‘ichthammol’ is applied to absorb oil and prevent breakouts in the future.
- Calming Mask: This type of mask contains both tea blends and buttermilk. It soothes and calms the skin.
- Hydration: Microalgae control extra oil, while reducing flakiness and dryness, thus hydrating your skin. It also contains zinc oxide, which reduces redness and mattes the skin.
Additionally, experts will provide you skincare products that you can use at home after the clinical treatment is over. This ensures future breakouts don’t occur and you skin remains beautiful and clear. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.
The harsh sun during summer causes several problems apart from just sunburn. Prolonged exposure to the sun may lead to several skin conditions like brown spots, red and scaly spots, wrinkling, drying and skin cancer. It is important for you to prevent your skin from such harmful effects of the sun. Here are 10 tips you must follow in order to safe guard your skin against sun damage:
- Wear a sunscreen: You must apply a thick layer of sunscreen lotion on your skin before going out in the harsh sun, as a thin coating will reduce the effectiveness.
- Cover yourself up: It is important for you to cover up properly before going out in the sun. Clothing of dark and tightly woven materials absorb UV rays more than cotton fabrics of light shades. Hence, you should avoid dark clothes and wear light ones. When the sun is very harsh, a well-brimmed hat is also recommended for protection of your head.
- Stay indoors: You should avoid the sun during its peak and most intense hours, specifically between 10 in the morning to 4 in the evening. Try to stay indoors during these hours and use an umbrella, if you cannot avoid going out.
- Wear sunglasses: Sunglasses are a must before going out on an intense sunny day. Sun damage to the eyes can result in conditions like cataract and pterygium. Wear sunglasses with 99% to 100% UVB and UVA protection for keeping your eyes safe.
- Avoid reflective surfaces: Try to be careful near water, sand or snow, which are reflective surfaces. They reflect harmful rays of the sun, thereby increasing he chance of sunburn.
- Avoid sunbathing: During harsh sun conditions, you should avoid sun bathing. Fair-skinned people should keep away from sun bathing even more. When you observe that your shadow is shorter than you, you must find a shade.
- Do not get fooled by the weather: Do not think that a cloudy sky reduces the chances of a sun damage. In spite of a thick cloud cover, UV rays can penetrate your skin, thereby, causing substantial harm.
- Photosensitivity: Several medicines and drugs make the skin extra sensitive to the sun, increasing the risk of sunburn. Some herbal medicines are responsible as well. Keep away from these drugs.
- Avoid tanning beds: UVA rays present in tanning beds can penetrate your skin quite deep. In fact, regular exposure to UVA rays leads to skin drying and causes wrinkles.
- Consume antioxidants: Antioxidants provide protection from the sun’s rays. You should increase the consumption of vegetables, fruits and drink green tea during summer.
The sun’s rays cause more damage to the skin than you can think of. By following these preventive measures, you will be able to spend time in the sun without getting affected.
Keep the above-mentioned tips in mind and prevent your skin from the harsh sun. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.
You often consume a much higher amount of sugar than you should actually, as it is widely present in a very high number of foods and beverages. Research suggests that this excessive sugar consumption may ultimately be very harmful for your health - and that it may badly harm your skin. Experts believe that too much intake of sugar can make your skin look wrinkled or dull, and also lead to a host of other skin-related disorders. Here are the ways in which excessive sugar consumption affects your skin:
- Causes inflammation: Inflammation, caused by excess sugar intake, can be really damaging for the body - especially because it negatively impacts your immune system, and may lead to frequent breakouts on the skins and increased chances of pimples or warts.
- Increases wrinkling: Sugar's inflammatory properties not only lead to breakouts on the skin, but also cause wrinkles. Collagen, which is essential for healthy, supple skin, is broken down by sugar, which makes the skin look dehydrated and dull, also increasing the chances of premature wrinkling.
- Causes imbalances in blood sugar level: Excessive sugar consumption causes irregularities in blood sugar levels by initially increasing sugar levels, which then reduces when insulin in released into your cells. It often ends up making you hungry, moody or shaky and increases stress levels leading to dull looking skin.
- Leads to occurrence of acne: Increased intake of sugar results in stimulation of hormone levels which raises sebum production and in turn affects growth of skin cells. This may be reason of acne. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist and ask a free question.
I am 18 years boy. I had a Post Auricular Dermoid Cyst on my ear. Will it goes after surgery. Can you explain about Post Auricular Dermoid Cyst.
I have hairs on my hands and legs but it is normal only but I do not even want that so I decided to do laser hair removal for my both hands and legs can you anybody please tell the approx cost for laser hair removal for both hands and both legs.
Excess facial hair growth in a woman results from a condition known as the hirsutism. The growth in hair pattern is exactly similar to that of an adult male. Areas, where abnormal hair growth is visible, are chest, above the lips, etc. These hairs are dark, but fine in nature. They are more commonly known as peach fuzz.
There could be a number of reasons for excess facial hair in a woman:
- Genetic reasons: Women from the Indian sub-continent or Mediterranean region are more likely to have facial hair as compared to their American, European and East-Asian counterparts. One of the common reasons for facial hair growth is genetics. It is a trend that runs in the family, it is more likely that a woman will get it. There is not much that can be done in this case except managing the hair growth effectively.
- Imbalance of the hormone: Abnormal hormone production can lead to hirsutism. In many cases, there are conditions where female starts producing male hormones leading to abnormal hair growth in the face. One of the most common causes of facial hair growth is polycystic ovarian syndrome (POS). This again is a hormonal imbalance leading to facial hair growth. Even adrenal gland related disorders such as Cushing’s syndrome, Adrenal cancer and congenital adrenal hyperplasia can lead to excess hair.
- Medications: Certain medication can lead to excess hair growth in the face. For instance, the certain steroid such as anabolic can lead to excess hair growth. Minoxidil is also known to cause hirsutism if taken in excess of 1 ml per day. Other medication related to testosterone and cyclosporine can lead to excess facial hair in females. It is advised to follow the doctor’s advice before consuming any of these medicines.
- Androgens: Although androgen is a male hormone, it is present in minute quantities in women too. Facial hair increase is nothing, but the sudden increased production of androgen in a female. Even birth control pills can lead to an increased production of androgen in the body. In these cases, it is very important to seek medical advice.
Treatment and remedies:
One should get medical help at the earliest if one of these conditions matches their symptoms:
- The hair growth is sudden and abrupt.
- One witness male features such as increases muscle, acne and reduced breast size.
- Certain medication has led to the hair growth.
- Usage of shaving, plucking and depilatory cream
- Laser hair reduction procedure shows immediate results in stopping and countering any further hair growth.
- Electrolysis can be tried to permanently damage the follicles.
- Weight loss is another good solution to excess hair growth. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
How do I get rid of a tan line? It is because of the turban I wear. Please suggest something? Thankyou:)
Flawless skin is becoming a thing of the past. Skin problems like acne, pimples, freckles, fine lines and wrinkles, to name a few are on a mercurial rise. Many find their skin to be losing its radiance at an alarming rate.
Water is one of the most important components that help in the process of digestion, blood circulation, mineral absorption and can have positive impact on your skin. Dehydration can take a toll on your skin, leaving it dry and lifeless. In order to ensure the health of your skin, it is highly recommended to keep your system hydrated. Following are the benefits of water:
- Moisturizes dry skin and lessens the appearance of wrinkles: Insufficient intake of water makes your skin appear dry and flaky; such a skin is more prone to wrinkling. When you drink sufficient water your skin cells hydrate from within. Hydrated skin is resilient in nature and therefore, it has less chance of suffering from premature wrinkling.
- Makes your skin appear younger: It is advised to drink minimum 8 glasses of water a day to keep your body hydrated. The condition of your health can be analyzed from the condition of your skin, as a body that is hydrated well, makes your skin appear healthy too.
- Get rid of dark circles: The problem of dark circles arises over the years due to the damage of the capillaries under the eyes. The skin around the eyes is thinner than facial skin, which hinders the smooth flow of fluid through them. Plenty intake of water on a regular basis can reduce the appearance of dark circles dramatically, making your skin appear healthy.
- Keeps skin soft: Skin is made up of 3 layers namely, epidermis, dermis and subcutaneous tissue. When the water content of the outermost layer of the epidermis is insufficient, your skin tends to lose elasticity and feel rough. Intake of adequate water hydrates the skin cells and makes them function properly, making your skin soft and supple.
- Improves skin tone: Water is known for its abilities to flush out toxins from your system and for maintaining the proper functioning of your kidneys. Sufficient intake of water ensures that harmful toxins and impurities are regularly flushed out of your system, thereby, adding a healthy glow to your skin.