Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Orthopedists online in Bhubaneswar. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Knee Injury Treatment
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Submit a review for Mr. Maheswar BadaraYour feedback matters!
Fingertips of my wife become numb during sleep in early hours. What could be the reason and probable solution.
I m 19 years old. I want to increase my stamina. How to increase stamina. And I have back pain problem since 2 years I consult many doctor but I can't relif from back pain please help me.
Dear Dr. Good afternoon, I am 44 Years Old, My Name is Krishna Rao, weight is 91 Kgs. My wright leg knee pain last 2 months. And my foots are frequently swelling last one month, Please suggest.
I am facing stiffness in shoulders may be due to fusion of 3-4 vertbra nerves in cervicals what should i do ?
Hi I am a 24 year male working as a programmer. I have to sit long at work place. What all are the precautions I have to take before fed on back pain ?
Back muscles are the weakest of all groups of muscles but they play a very important role in every physical activity we perform. So, you have to be conscious about what activity can hurt your back and cause a problem.
1. Maintain a good posture: The starting point of every problem related to the back is bad posture. Slouching and walking, hunching when you sit, contracting the spine inwards, twisting the upper body in an awkward position, etc are all signs of developing a back pain. Here?s more information on bad postures that can affect your health.
Be aware of your posture, stand upright when you walk, keep you back rested when you sit, avoid slouching and you will never have a back problem. If you have a habit of slouching, tell you friends, family members or colleagues to remind you about it.
2. Lose some weight: The fact is that our spine has not developed to an extent that we can bear extra weight without experiencing strain. So, if you are obese or overweight, losing weight is a must. You can either join a gym or do aerobic exercises at home or join a zumba class, but starting shedding those extra pounds today. If you want something more effective, here are 12 yoga poses that can help you in weight loss.
3. Stretching and developing a strong core:
Stretching you back muscles is a good way to prevent back pain. Especially, people who sit in front of the computer for hours together should stretch a bit during their mini-breaks at work.
The muscles around your abdomen are called core muscles (abs). These muscles are the main support of your spine. If your core is strong then your back will never cause any problem at all. There are various ways to develop core muscles. You can check out this video for developing core muscles.
4. Lift carefully:
Seriously, if you know how to lift things properly, you can prevent back pain 90 percent of the times. Never bend jerkily to lift anything. Ensure that your feet are apart about the width of your shoulder, bend both the knees and then lift things. If you are lifting something heavy, tuck your tummy in (just as you do while zipping a tight pair of jeans) before you lift it.
5. Avoid stretching to reach out for things:
People often go out of their comfort zone and stretch in an awkward position to reach out for things like a pen, file or telephone receiver. Stop being lazy! Getting up and walking a few steps to grab what you want is not going to take ages. It will instead prevent you from hurting your back.
6. Avoid wearing high heels
: Women who wear stilettos or boxy high heeled uncomfortable shoes, sandals regularly are bound to get lower back pain. According to body mechanics and physics, when you stand barefoot, you are perpendicular to the floor. When you wear high heels, your body should ideally tilt in the forward direction. But you can?t walk like that. So your body is forced to make several adjustments in the spine, knee and hip joints, and head in order to make you walk straight. The higher your heel, the more pressure is exerted on your back?the earlier you will experience back pain. Wearing comfortable flat shoes or sport shoes is the best way to prevent back pain in women. Read more about how high heels are ruining your feet.
7. Avoid excessive weight lifting:
If women make poor choices for their back by wearing high heels, men are no smarter. Lifting too much of heavy weights in the gym is not going to bulge out your arms in a day. It will happen gradually. So, understand the limitations of your body and respect it.
8. Quit smoking:
This goes for both men and women. Smoking is the most effective and probably the fastest way to damage your spine. Studies have shown that spinal discs get degenerated very quickly in smokers than in non-smokes. Moreover, people who smoke have a poor healing capacity. So, in case you smoke and undergo a spine surgery, it will take much longer for you to recover. Here are more reasons for you to quit smoking.
9. Beware of risks while driving or riding:
If you have ever taken a riskshaw to reach your destination, you know exactly what ?risks while riding? means. Thanks to the innumerable pot holes and construction sites everywhere, travelling is as good as inviting back pain. But, you yourself can minimize the risk to a great extent. While taking a bumpy ride in a rickshaw, tighten your core muscles to reduce strain on the back. Whenever you?re driving, especially bike, slow down before a speed breaker. Wear a seat belt while driving a car.
10. Good sleeping posture:
Several studies have been carried out to identify the best sleeping posture. A health spine alignment such that there is minimal strain on muscles, ligament and tendons is extremely important to prevent back pain.
The starfish position is the best sleeping posture that can keep you away from back pain. In a starfish position, you lie down on your back keeping your arms and legs a bit apart. Ensure your pillow is not too high.
Sleeping on the sides is also a good posture, unless you contract yourself like a fetus. If you want to sleep on the sides, ensure your legs are straight in alignment with your spine.
I have got partial frontal acl ligament tear, can't walk properly. How to cure? does physiotherapy is helpful?
My wife is 29 old and having leg pain for last 3 years after the delivery. Consulted with gynaecology everything is fine. Please suggest
I am 50 year old male and 96 kg weight and 5 feet 10 inches tall. I am suffering from bursitis in the left heel. What should I do?
She has so much pain in legs from 2 months and sometimes her bones sounds like pop when she is trying to sit and then while to stand.
Inflammation or swelling can be caused due to body's natural response to injury or disease. And arthritis is a disease in which the joints in your body swell. The inflammation or swelling can cause discomfort in the form of pain, stiffness as well as difficulty in movement.
Some of the common causes of arthritis are:
- Infections in the joint.
- Genetic makeup in which arthritis can be a hereditary trait
- Imbalance in the immunity system
- Physically taxing work life or injuries caused in an accident
Risk factors associated with arthritis:
- Obesity - Excess weight can put a lot of pressure on the joints, on the knees and hips in particular. Hence, obese people have more chances of developing arthritis than fitter people.
- Age - The risk of arthritis can increase with age. Types like osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis and gout are more common in the old age.
- Joint injury - Joint injury caused due to accidents or due to sports activities can trigger arthritis. People with previous joint injuries can develop arthritis in that joint.
- Family history - You can be prone to develop arthritis if it runs in the family. It can occur due to its hereditary trait hence making you more vulnerable to the environmental factors which contribute to developing arthritis.
- Gender - Your sex is an important factor as women are more likely to develop rheumatoid arthritis while men are prone to suffer from gout.
Tips to deal with arthritis:
- Take Vitamins and olive oil: Vitamins are crucial, especially A, C and D. Vitamin A can be found in carrots. vitamin D can yet again be found in fish while vitamin C can be found in strawberries, mangoes, pineapples and oranges. Olive oil is also useful because it contains polyphenols which reduce the chances of developing arthritis.
- Control your weight: This is very important, especially for your knees. It has been proven by researchers at John Hopkins University that if you are 10 kg overweight, then 30 to 60 extra kilograms of weight fall on your knees.
- Take Omega-3 fatty acids: Research proves that the regular consumption of Omega-3 fatty acids, present in fish, result in decreased risks of rheumatoid arthritis. Omega-3 fatty acids are also found in foods such as olive oil and walnuts.