Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Ayurvedas online in Bhubaneswar. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Mr. AlokpandaYour feedback matters!
I am only 50 KGS and I am vegetarian I want to increase my weight. I am eating banana daily. But my weight is not increasing please suggest me what to do?
I am suffering constant whiteheads on my face and sometimes on back. I tried using retino cream with no respite. Please advice on how to prevent the whiteheads from breaking out.
Hello doctor! i'm 21 years old, I have pimples on my check and fore head it's seems ugly. I have consulted doctor and it's not cured. So what kind of treatment will be more effective to cure pimples.
Hello Sir, I am having red brasses in my upper leg. Kindly suggest me what to do as it is increasing in patches and I can not wear even trouser.
I hv pimples on my face. And I using clear gel, supatret 0.04 creams and I nt found good result frm those. Soo plzzz will tl me tob get clear frm pimples. And I should get result.
With the evolution of medical technology, we have made inroads when it comes to evolved methods of treating a variety of ailments and conditions. The use of lasers is now commonplace for a number of surgeries and non-invasive procedures that can help in treating many conditions. From hair removal to surgeries, there are a number of places where lasers enjoy medical and cosmetic use. There is a common misnomer that lasers have detrimental effects and may even be carcinogenic or cancer causing in nature.
Let us find out why lasers cannot cause cancer.
- Penetration of light: For many people, it may be a cause of concern that laser treatment of the hair, skin or other parts of the body is done with the penetration of high energy beams in that part of the body. Yet, the beams do not penetrate that deeply. Usually, this penetration only happens to the extent of hair follicles and skin, which leaves the internal organs safe.
- Redness: At the very maximum, the lasers can cause a reaction like redness on the skin. This does not mean that the lasers are capable of causing cancer. This can simply be treated with the help of ice application on the affected area.
- Mutations: There have been many reports that say the ionising radiation of the laser beams can cause DNA mutations. Yet, this is not true. These DNA mutations can lead to the manifestation and production of abnormal and cancerous cells, which can further progress and spread to become malignant tumours. Yet, laser treatments and applications do not have the power to cause such DNA mutations, and there is no medical evidence that suggests the same.
- Treating areas near reproductive organs: There are many women who opt for laser hair removal which is a more permanent solution for waxing and other forms of hair removal that we go through on a regular basis. But many women are also concerned that it may actually cause problems and cancer when it comes to the reproductive organs, in case the hair removal treatment and lasers are applied to the area near these organs. This is not true because the laser beams are merely applied to the hair follicles of the area. Since, laser beams are not applied to the reproductive organ, which ensures that there is no effect on the internal reproductive organ in any way.
Before trying out laser treatment, it is important to try it on a small portion of your skin so that you can be sure that it does not affect you and cause a reaction. Further, for laser related surgeries, it is important to turn to a well known clinic, hospital or doctor so that the right level of energy is used during the surgery. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.
Hi. Actually my 7-8 shaving hair became white. What should I do to change it again in black and also stop rest hair change into white.
One month ago I dragged a very heavy thing since then I had backache very severe. If I lay on flat and hard bed then I feel better otherwise its very painful for me to afford to sit. And I have to study so have to sit continuously 3-4 hours once. What should I do to overcome my severe backache.
The bones and joints orchestrate very well with each other for smooth movements of various joints and the spine. However, due to various reasons, some identified and others unknown, there could be inflammation of the areas where the bones join the muscles leading to impaired movement. The range of motion could be reduced or it could be painful, thereby, limiting movement. Spondyloarthritis includes a group of inflammatory diseases that involves the bones and joints and enthuses which are areas where the ligaments and tendons attach to the bones. This causes conditions like plantar fasciitis, ankylosing spondylitis, psoriatic arthritis and reactive arthritis. The term spondyloarthritis is a blanket term to describe any of the above-mentioned conditions.
Read on to know a little more in detail about it:
Causes: While the exact etiology is not identified for sure, most patients with spondyloarthritis have an autosomal dominant gene (HLA-B27). Chronic infections could trigger the onset of the disease too.
1. In all forms of spondyloarthritis, there is always inflammation of the spine, joints and entheses. If the fingers or toes are involved, there could be swelling leading to what are typically known as 'sausage digits'.
2. There is sacroiliitis which is inflammation of the joint between the pelvis and the spine, and spondylitis which is inflammation of the joints between the spines. 3. Family history and autosomal dominant gene.
A detailed medical history and physical examination form the cornerstone of a confirmed diagnosis. In addition, radiographic examination and diagnostic blood tests also could be done to confirm the diagnosis. Radiographs, especially, of the spine and the low back show typical changes including sacroilitis in suspected cases of spondyloarthritis. If the spine does not show these changes, but there is a high likelihood of spondyloarthritis, then MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) can be used to confirm the diagnosis.
As a final step, a blood test for the HLA-B27 gene can also be confirmatory. However, it is not true that a person with the gene will definitely develop the disease.
- The most important aspect of treatment is the use of pain medications and anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) which help manage pain and inflammation.
- Corticosteroid injections may sometimes be given directly into the joint spaces or the membranes to provide quick relief of these symptoms.
- ESWT / RSWT has a definite role to cure enthesopathy. Plantar fasciitis, and achillodynia can be cured with ESWT. Even small joints of hand and feet are amenable to treatment with RSWT. It is nonoperative and noninvasive treatment and has no side effects.
- Very rarely, stronger drugs such as methotrexate or sulfasalazine may be used.
- Another set of drugs known as TNF-blockers (tumor necrotizing factor blockers) are also shown to be highly effective in controlling the pain of the spine and joints.
- In very severe cases, surgery may be required to correct joint damages or correct severe degenerative changes.
- Exercise plays a very vital role in controlling the issue and improving range of motion. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.