Find numerous Psychiatrists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. We will help you find the best Psychiatrists online in Bhubaneswar. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sudipta Kumar Das
Submit a review for Dr. Sudipta Kumar DasYour feedback matters!
Hello, tell me the medicines for mental disorder Everytimes negative thoughts related to sex, porn comes in mind for family members, God etc I don't know how this serious problem comes in my mind I'm very depressed now and im hesitating by telling my problem to my parents as well as doctors so thats why I'm asking my problem in lybrate and I want to rid from this situation forever so tell me medicines Im going to take medicines without consulting any doctor so tell the best medicine which will completely cure my disease permanently. THANK YOU!
The human hand is made up of 27 bones and a number of tendons and ligaments. An injury to any one of these bones or a disease that affects the bones and ligaments can make you experience excruciating pain in your hands. This pain can affect your ability to perform simple day to day tasks like holding a spoon or writing.
Some common reasons your hand may pain are muscle strains, fractures, arthritis and carpal tunnel syndrome. Apart from pain relieving medication, there are a number of ways you can deal with this pain.
- Hot and cold compresses: Hot and cold therapy is ideal for any type of muscle or ligament injury. A cold compress helps in reducing the pain and inflammation by constricting blood vessels and numbing the area. On the other hand, a hot compress dilates blood vessels and increases the flow of blood and oxygen to the affected area. Ideally, the two should be used alternatively for 10 to 20 minutes each. A bag of frozen vegetables or ice wrapped in a towel makes an easy cold compress. To treat your hand with heat, use a moist heating pad or a hot water bottle. You could also dip your hands in warm water.
- Massage: A massage is a great way to treat hand pain that results from carpal tunnel syndrome. If the exact cause of pain is not known, massage the entire hand, wrist and forearm. A massage enhances blood flow to the area and hence improves flexibility and opens locked tendons. Using a few drops of essential oils such as lavender or rosemary can also aid in relieving hand pain.
- Hand exercises: If your work involves repetitive actions like typing, knitting or embroidery, the muscles in your hand can get locked into position thereby, causing pain and discomfort. To relieve this it is important to take a break from this repetitive exercise every hour and flex your hand. Try bending your fingers forwards and backwards and rotating your wrists in both directions to ensure that your joints remain smooth.
- Epsom salt water bath: For instant relief from intense hand pain, soak your hands in a bath made of hot water and epsom salts for 10 to 20 minutes. Follow this by wrapping your hands in a warm, wet washcloth and applying gentle pressure over the hand for 5-10 minutes. You should instantly feel relief from the pain and experience increased the flexibility of hand. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Do you have a habit of getting too anxious about minor matters? Is your severe anxiety hampering the smooth functioning of your daily life? Is anxiety giving you headaches, causing insomnia and making you paranoid? All these conditions imply that you are suffering from anxiety disorder. There are several types of anxiety disorders with various symptoms, and there are effective treatment procedures for curing them as well.
Signs and symptoms of severe anxiety/ anxiety disorder: The signs of anxiety disorder vary from person to person, but one common major symptom is severe fear, tension and worry, even in petty situations.
The common emotional symptoms except fear and tension include the following:
- Feelings of great apprehension or a dread feeling
- Problem with concentration
- Feeling overly tensed
- Always anticipating the worst in any situation
- Feeling restless and irritable
- Watching out for danger signs in everything
- Feeling mentally blank
Anxiety is much more than being just a feeling and several physical symptoms are observed as a result of the body's response to severe anxiety. The most common physical symptoms are as follows:
- A pounding heart
- Excessive sweating
- An upset or dizzy stomach
- Enhanced urge for urination and diarrhea
- Breathing problems
- Muscle tension
- Feeling twitches and tremors
- Severe headache and excess fatigue
- Sleeplessness or insomnia
Coping with severe anxiety:
In order to cope with an anxiety disorder, you should follow these tips:
- You should connect with other people as being lonely or isolated may trigger your anxiety. Meet friends or join support groups. You should share your feelings with a loved one to ease the anxiety.
- You must start undertaking relaxation techniques such as mindfulness meditation, progressive muscle relaxation or deep breathing. These help in reducing your anxiety and make you feel relaxed.
- Regular exercise and work out is a natural stress buster and relieves anxiety. Practice different types of exercises strictly every day.
- You must get sufficient sleep as lack of sleep boosts your feelings of anxiety and tension. You should get 6-7 hours of undisturbed sleep every night.
- You should reduce your intake of alcohol and caffeine products, which worsen your anxiety.
- You must train your mind to stay calm. The habit of needless worrying must be brought under control. You can undertake strategies such as creating a worry period, challenging the thoughts of anxiety and accepting uncertainty in life.
The self-help strategies for coping with severe anxiety can be quite effective. In some cases, fear and anxiety attacks become very severe and cause great distress in a person's life. In such cases, professional help is required. Certain behavior therapies can be undertaken for eliminating severe anxiety. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist.
Does the fear of the exam get your heart racing? Does a tensed feeling grip you as you are about to make that big presentation to the board? Feeling anxious and worried is a common reaction is such situations. It is, however, different, when anxiety moves to the level of a disorder that debilitates you from living a normal life.
Types: Different type of anxiety disorders include
a) Generalized anxiety disorder: People suffering from this disorder generally have a persistent fear or worry of everyday matters. Will you manage to get to office on time? Will you be able to make the money you need? Will you be able to get sleep tonight! -All of which are valid thoughts which convert into an anxiety problem if you dwell on them too long and too hard.
b) Phobia: This is the largest category in anxiety disorders characterized by the fear of an object, person or situation.
c) Panic disorder: The unfortunate part of this disorder is a panic attack that can be triggered by an object of fear or an intense situation which can cause the person to have difficulty in breathing, tremble, shake and often disable them for anything between 10 minutes to a few hours.
d) Agoraphobia: Want to escape from the room but your feet won't cooperate? That's agoraphobia -a fear linked with panic disorder which makes you feel trapped.
e) Social anxiety disorder: Most of us may have experienced a form of this fear when we had to go on stage for a performance or speaking assignment. When it escalates to become a disorder, the fear manifests itself with physical symptoms and sometimes aggravates to social isolation.
f) Post traumatic stress disorder: This is the aftermath of being in a traumatic situation like combat, natural disaster, rape and hostage situation.
Anxiety disorder is a mental illness. It is not a result of personal weakness, a character flaw, or poor upbringing. Though exact causes are unclear, scientists say that disorders are caused by a combination of factors, including changes in the brain and environmental stress. Drugs, alcohol abuse, certain medical conditions and genetics are also possible triggers for anxiety disorder.
Anxiety disorders are often 'caught in the act' during a flare up or a high stress situation when the victim is unable to cope with the situation. Standardized screening clinical questionnaires such as the Taylor Manifest Anxiety Scale or the Zung Self-Rating Anxiety Scale can be used to detect anxiety symptoms, and the need for a formal diagnostic assessment of anxiety disorder may be suggested.
Treatment: It generally includes lifestyle changes, medication and therapy. If you are looking for help for an anxiety disorder, book a private appointment with us. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a psychologist.