Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Bhubaneswar and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Kumar
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. KumarYour feedback matters!
Becoming a mommy takes a toll on a woman’s body. The skin on your abdomen stretches and post-delivery can sag from a number of places. Your breasts may also start sagging. Just because you’ve become a mother is no reason to compromise on your appearance. All you need is a mommy makeover. This refers to a surgery or group of cosmetic procedures that can make you look and feel as you did before a child came into your family. Typically this includes a tummy tuck, breast augmentation or a breast lift and liposuction. You may also choose to have cosmetic surgery on your face to make you look younger.
- Tummy Tuck: A tummy tuck or abdominoplasty involves removing excess fat and skin from the abdominal area. The remaining skin is then pulled taut and stitched close to flatten the abdomen. The abdominal muscles can also become tighter as a result of this procedure. A tummy tuck is advisable only for those women who do not plan on having any more children. Some studies also show that an abdominoplasty can help a new mother lose pregnancy weight faster.
- Breast Reconstruction: When it comes to restructuring your breasts you could choose to have a breast lift, put implants in or both. If the position and shape of the nipples is fine, implants may be the best idea. These add volume with minimal scarring. However, if the position of the nipples has shifted and they need to be moved, a breast lift may be more effective. You can breastfeed after either procedure but it is best to consult your doctor before undergoing this procedure, if you are still breastfeeding. Some women may also feel as though their breasts have become heavier post pregnancy. In such cases, a mommy makeover can include breast reduction.
- Liposuction: Some women may also choose to address their abdominal weight only with liposuction. This is a noninvasive procedure that removes fat deposits from under the skin and recontours the body. As compared to a tummy tuck, this treatment has less recovery time and also costs less. However, it may not be an effective solution.
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery: The surge of hormones during pregnancy can also cause pigmentation issues and leave dark spots on your face. Chemical peels are usually the best way to treat these issues. Lasers are avoidable as it could worsen melisma. If signs of aging such as crow’s feet and fine lines are becoming prominent, you could also undergo cosmetic surgery to hide them. There are also many alternative medicines or natural remedies to treat pigmentation and dark spots on your face. You can try them before opting for a facial cosmetic surgery.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Spine surgeries are complicated and have serious repercussions if the procedure doesn’t go as planned. Probing your doctor is therefore very critical to ensure a safe operation and early post-op recovery. Questions can range from the type of treatment chosen for a speedy recovery to side effects. Here is a list of questions that you need to ask your spine surgeon:
1. Why is the surgery recommended?
Typically, there could be more than one treatment option for a particular problem. Your doctor should be able to tell you very precisely as to why the surgery is recommended and how it is going to address the problem.
2. Is there any non-surgical option?
Many spine related issues can be treated with medicines and physiotherapy. Ask your doctor if such options exist.
3. Explain the surgical procedure in detail
Your doctor should explain the whole surgical procedure, explaining the minute details and help will help you to understand the implications.
4. What is the duration of the surgery?
Spine surgeries do not take more than 2 hours. It, however, depends on the procedure that is being performed.
5. How will the surgery address the pain?
It is important to know the source of the pain. Exploratory surgeries are not performed on the spine. Ask your doctor how he intends to address the pain through the surgery.
6. What are the risks involved?
Risks and side effects vary from patient to patient. For instance, a person with obesity, spondylitis and smoking has greater chances of complications associated with the operation.
7. Will the doctor perform the whole procedure or he will use practicing surgeons and intern for the job?
Many senior surgeons use interns and junior surgeons to perform a minor procedure. Get a clear understanding of the role of the doctor and his assistants. It is a good idea to know the background if the surgical team who is going to perform the procedure.
8. What is the success rate of the doctor for the procedure he is going to perform?
A successful spine surgeon should be able to give you valid data on his/her success rate and the overall success rate of surgeons all across the country.
9. How many days do you need to spend in hospital?
Your hospital stay is directly related to your insurance. It is essential to get a clear picture on the same.
10. Whether a back brace is necessary after surgery?
Limiting the spine movement speed the process of healing. Most Doctors suggest braces after a spine surgery.
11. What is the time required for recovery?
The recovery greatly varies from patient to patient. What you should ask your Doctor is the expected time required for you to join your job/school.
12. Will there be any physical limitation after the operations?
Many spine surgeries require you to refrain from strenuous jobs for a while. For instance, certain surgeries require you to stay away from driving for a while. Address all these apprehensions from your doctor. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Neurosurgeon.
I used to consume a lot of protein to build muscle but now a days I find that my ability to digest protein is bad. What do I do?
I'm a vitamin d deficiency girl. I want to ask you about the sunlight. What it's possible to get the vitamin d from sunlight during rainy season, winter season? And if it possible then suggest me the proper way and time to get the sunlight. Thank you.
What can I do to increase my height. I used to go to gim. whether it affected? There is any solution for it?
My height is not increasing since my age is 17 years, my height is 5'5. What should I do to increase my height?
Lose Your Weight Quickly but safely – Atkin, Dukan or Keto?
- There is a restriction of veggies as carbohydrates from veggies per serving are also countable in Atkin’s diet.
- Foods included are meat, seafood, dairy, and veggies.
- Good for people who don’t want to count calories but this diet is not good in a long term.
- Foods included are lean meats, fish, low-fat dairy, low starch veggies, oat bran etc.
- Dukan diet allows the foods from the list of hundred of natural foods.
- Dukan diet allows eating till you satisfied from your hunger cue.
- This diet is not recommended for kidney or cholesterol patients.
Dukan Diet main phases:
- Consolidation Phase: You can take unlimited lean protein with veggies fruits like berries, chopped melon, medium apple, orange, pear, peach, kiwis, plums or apricots, little carbohydrates like two pieces of bread, little butter, cheese, pasta, starches up to 225gm/week and fats including 2.5 tablespoons of oat bran per day. In a week one day with lean protein and oats only. This phase is proteins with veggies and limited carbohydrates and fats.
- Stabilization Phase: It is same as consolidation phase only oat bran amount will increase to 3 tablespoons/day. In this phase, no foods are strictly avoided.
In this type of diet, you can get enough quality protein especially lean protein which is the key source of strength, stamina & overall muscle builds up. Body builders can be highly benefitted here this type of diet to get toned body
- There is a risk of losing bone density which results into osteoporosis.
- Low fiber disturbs stomach and causes IBS.
- Not recommended for electrolyte imbalanced patients.
Atkin’s Diet main phases:
- Fine tuning Phase: Dieters should follow the restrictive diet for at least for a month.
- Lifetime Maintenance: Here healthy diet with limited carbohydrate is allowed to maintain a target weight.
- There is no counting of calories the only amount of carbohydrate is monitored to lose weight.
- It allows rapid weight loss thus increases confidence.
- Instead of a high-fat diet, this diet improves health and cholesterol level.
- Though the diet is very restrictive there is a chance of binge eating which causes weight gain instead of losing.
- Following Atkin’s diet may result in constipation, Halitosis, and dehydration.
- There is a risk of weight regain when back to normal life.
The stages of Keto Diet are
- Hack Fasting: When body burns own fat you feel less hungry and intermittent fasting or little gap between foods is good for health.
- Optimum Health: Maintain your optimum health by devoid of harmful foods and including quality foods for a lifetime.
- Releases muscle for the better shape of the body.
- Enhances cognition
- Reduces risk of cancer, neurological disorder, PCOD.
- Increases sports performance.
Not good for athletes who needs high carbohydrates for performance.
Finally, considering all these pros and cons of all the three diets types, Atkin’s diet is the best followed by keto diet and the last is Dukan’s diet for safe weight reduction purpose. This would be the right decision for an individual to take proper advice by a dietitian to prepare a well-balanced low carb diet for fast but safe weight loss.