Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Bhubaneswar and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sanghamitra Kanungo
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Sanghamitra KanungoYour feedback matters!
We are surrounded by light from everywhere on all sides. Wherever we go, there is some source of light, be it natural or man made. However, exposure to bright light in excess can cause strain to your eyes and if this is continued your vision quality might decrease.
Here are some ways you can adjust light in order to lessen eye stress and to increase your visibility:
Make adjustments in your workplace:
According to studies, it has been shown that half of people who work in front of computer screens every day suffer from eye strain. Not only the computer, but the entire lighting around your workstation may also be causing damage.
- Reduce the brightness of interior lights. Many offices have bright, fancy interior lighting. Use of light bulbs and fluorescents should be lessened.
- In case of the presence of a window right behind or in front of your work desk, more strain is imposed upon your eyes because of the reflections on the screen. You should change the place or use dark, thick curtains or coat the glasses with anti-reflective material in order to reduce the glare.
- The blue light emitted from the computer causes a great amount of eye strain. You should adjust the brightness and keep it as low as possible.
Improve your home lighting:
For people who spend a lot of time at home working, adjustments should be made to the lighting in order to reduce eye strain.
- Avoid reading in a dim light room. This can give you headaches and produce eye strain. Any kind of activity where a lot of focus is required in dim or poorly lighted environments causes damage and strain to the eyes.
- Use desk lamps, reading lamps, under cabinet lights in the kitchen and other types of lights everywhere you work.
- If you work in a place for more than an hour, a nearby light would make it less stressful for the eyes.
For people with low vision:
- For people with less power of vision, proper lighting is a must. A 60-year old man would need to double the amount of light to carry out any activity which a man of 30 years would require.
- People having disorders such as macular degeneration, glaucoma and similar vision disorders need advanced lighting and should consult a doctor for ideas on improving their home lighting.
The presence of proper lighting improves our concentration, our ability to read, and we can differentiate between colors better. Therefore, always opt for the best lighting to avoid giving stress to your eyes. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ophthalmologist.
I am 67 year male. During near future, I am suppose to undergo cataract operation. Which lenses would be used? ASPERIC or tonic Iols? Please advice me.
Since one week I am facing a severe pain on left side of my forehead. Is there any solution or caused to stress. I have already consulted a eye specialist but there is no proper medication from him. Please let me know if I need to consult any neurologist.
I have red eyes and suffering from pain in stomach so what can. I do. To get. Rid. From it give me some suggestion.
Hello doctor I am suffering from throat pain it is paining a lot can I do to reduce the pain and also I am suffering from eye pains as I sit for a long duration in front of PC I think what can I do for it?
Yesterday, I was having a headache and ache in my right eye. And whenever i try to walk my back also pains. Today also I am having headache and ache in my left eye. Any thing serious.
My son is 7 years old. Always during summer he is suffering from reddish, watering and itching eyes problem. please do needful suggestion.
5 - 8% of children suffer from this eye problem & potentially blinding condition. Very large number indeed.
If not treated in time , your wards are risk of loosing precious visions for ever.
Write to know more at email@example.com
Eyes are very important organs as they provide you with the ability to process visual detail and detect light. However, because your eyes are exposed to harsh climate and pollutants, they can get spoilt. Here are a few basic tips you can follow to take care of your eyes:
- Eye yoga: Eye Yoga is an ancient method of relaxing your eyes and is also known as “palming”. All you need to do is cup your palms and place them over closed eyes in a way wherein your fingertips are touching your forehead. This helps in blocking out light completely. While cupping your eyes, take long, deep breaths which can help relax your eyes and mind.
- Eat healthy: It is important to eat healthy in order to maintain healthy eyes. Medical practitioners believe that vitamins have anti oxidants which slow down age related problems in the eye. You should be eating foods rich in Vitamin A, C and E, Zinc rich foods and foods with folic acid. Food items such as carrots, lettuce, spinach and kale can help in keeping your eyes healthy for longer.
- Wear dark sunglasses: Every time your eyes are exposed to the sun, they have to tolerate the harmful UV-A and UV-B rays. The ultraviolet rays can prove to be very damaging for your eyes as they affect the optic nerve. Hence, you should always wear dark coloured sunglasses in the sun to protect your eyes.
- Take breaks: Staring at a computer screen or a mobile screen all day can prove to be very harmful to your eyes. According to a study, when you stare a screen for too long, you blink lesser. This can lead to dry eyes.
- Get required rest: It is important to rest your eyes and free them of the strain they endure daily. Hence, you should aim to get at least 6-8 hours of sleep time daily to give them the required rest time.
- Quit smoking: Smoking cigarettes can be harmful for your eyes as it increases chances of macular degeneration and cataracts. Smoking also increases chances of optic nerve damage as it impairs blood circulation to the eyes. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ophthalmologist.