Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments
Call Doctor
Book Appointment
Dr. Pranab Mahapatra - Psychiatrist, Bhubaneswar

Dr. Pranab Mahapatra

MBBS, MD - Neuropsychiatry

Psychiatrist, Bhubaneswar

24 Years Experience  ·  500 at clinic
Book Appointment
Call Doctor
Dr. Pranab Mahapatra MBBS, MD - Neuropsychiatry Psychiatrist, Bhubaneswar
24 Years Experience  ·  500 at clinic
Book Appointment
Call Doctor
Submit Feedback
Report Issue
Get Help

Personal Statement

I'm dedicated to providing optimal health care in a relaxed environment where I treat every patients as if they were my own family....more
I'm dedicated to providing optimal health care in a relaxed environment where I treat every patients as if they were my own family.
More about Dr. Pranab Mahapatra
Dr. Pranab Mahapatra is a renowned Psychiatrist in Jaydev Vihar, Bhubaneswar. He has over 24 years of experience as a Psychiatrist. He studied and completed MBBS, MD - Neuropsychiatry . You can meet Dr. Pranab Mahapatra personally at APEX CARE in Jaydev Vihar, Bhubaneswar. Save your time and book an appointment online with Dr. Pranab Mahapatra on has an excellent community of Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 38 years of experience on Find the best Psychiatrists online in Bhubaneswar. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.


MBBS - V.S.S Medical College - 1995
MD - Neuropsychiatry - Central Institute of Psychiatry, Ranchi - 2013


Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Pranab Mahapatra


#Plot No 2540, Jaydev Vihar, Landmark : Near Sonu's Cave, BhubaneswarBhubaneswar Get Directions
500 at clinic
View All


View All Services

Submit Feedback

Submit a review for Dr. Pranab Mahapatra

Your feedback matters!
Write a Review


Nothing posted by this doctor yet. Here are some posts by similar doctors.

My 4 year child speaking problem. He speak only few selected word. Please help me.

Masters in Speech Therapy
Speech Therapist, Delhi
He is having delayed speech and language development. You need to work on his receptive and expressive language. Vocabulary development. It is good if you can arrange some speech therapy sessions for him.
1 person found this helpful

Sir mujhe OCD hai to Kya isse mujhe hairfall to nhi hoga na OCD me hairfall to nhi hota na?

Diploma In Gastroenterology, Diploma In Dermatology, BHMS
Homeopath, Hyderabad
Androgenetic hair loss is seen in both men and women but is more dramatic in men. Thyroid disease, anemia, protein deficiency, chemotherapy, and low vitamin levels may cause hair loss. Alopecia areata is a form of hair loss produced by the autoimmune destruction of hair follicles in localized areas of skin.

My father has a disease named Parkinson. Will you please let me know how to cure it.

MD - Psychiatry, MBBS
Psychiatrist, Patna
Parkinsons disease is a neurological illness. It has chronic and gradually progressive course. It occurs due to some neurochemical activity/ imbalance in brain in the form of reduced dopaminergic activity and increased cholinergic activity. Medicines are available for treatment of this disorder like levo-dopa, syn-dopa, carbi-dopa, ropinirole, pramipexole, amantadine, trihexyphenidyl, benztropine etc. You may consult a neurologist or physician who may start the therapy at the earliest. With medicines symptoms can be controlled but medicines should be taken for years and may be for whole life. In later years of life he may require your assistance in daily care also. I wish your father a better health.

Hi. I am 19 years old college student. Am right now entered a new relationship. Its only 10 days now. I proposed the boy as he seemed to be shy who asked me to go ahead. Actually am feeling bit confused. I couldn't see the spark between us and I don't know what to do. I am bit confused about these. I really don't know how to reach. We know each other for 5 months to 7 months but we were never so close. We were just friends. And suddenly the proposal took me off guard. And am really not seeing the spark. He is nice and cares for me But am afraid that I am not able to return back. It feels like am a robot and just doing with the flow. No emotion attached.

Reparenting Technique, BA, BEd
Psychologist, Bangalore
If you don't feel good about the relationship it is okay to discontinue it. But do it gradually without hurting him too much. While you may not be in love with him, he may. So this is the catch in relationships where one partner may feel more strongly for the other. So over a period of time you can show a lack of interest and meet him less often giving some plausible reason and he will get the message over time. Do not prolong it unnecessarily and make it more difficult. But be gentle and be cautious too.

My mother is taking a tablet LACOSET 100 for more than a year due to noise in ear as prescribed by ENT doctor. Pharmacist said it is for epilepsy. Kindly give me a suggestion thank you.

C.S.C, D.C.H, M.B.B.S
General Physician, Alappuzha
Lacoset 100 Tablet is used as alone or in combination with other antiepileptic medications to treat partial-onset seizure (fits due to involvement of only one side of brain). This partial seizure may be the cause of her hearing noise and you can do a review with the doctor

Since last couple of months I feel sad and depressed. My mood is angry most of the time and I feel helpless. I want to get rid of my such condition. What should I do?

Masters in Clinical Psychology
Psychologist, Lucknow
Since last couple of months I feel sad and depressed. My mood is angry most of the time and I feel helpless. I want t...
Hi lybrate-user is there a reason behind feeling sad and depressed. If yes we can talk about it and help you cope with your depression. Otherwise you can go for medication at earliest.

2-3 yrs Ago I was suffered from the depression and I felt that whatever treatment I took because of that my grasping power and memory power to remember the thing about my study goes down very low level. Once upon a time I came n a topper list n now avg. Student. What can I do to increase my memory power.?

M.Sc- Child development, Master's in Counselling and family therapy, Cerificate in Guidance and Counselling
Psychologist, Faridabad
2-3 yrs Ago I was suffered from the depression and I felt that whatever treatment I took because of that my grasping ...
Dear lybrate-user. The treatment you had should not have affected your memory and ability .You still have the ability to go much ahead .Take healthy diet, entertain good thoughts and be inthe company of people who encourage you. You still have the same calibre. An expert advice can help your further. All the best.

My father is addicted to alcohol, how can we get him through this. He is 60 and we want a life time solution.

Reparenting Technique, BA, BEd
Psychologist, Bangalore
There are no guarantees about stopping one?s addiction. But that does not mean we should not keep at it, over and over again until we succeed. Now it is difficult to give up all by himself because he has become addicted to alcohol and there is so much to do. Under such circumstances it is best that you admit him into a de-addiction center and let him stay there for at least 6 months and after that he can attend counseling with a professional. There are medicines that help with the drinking just to ease the initial craving and to act as an antabuse i.e. he will have a serious reaction, if he consumes even a small quantity of alcohol or alcohol based substances. It has to be carefully monitored to see that he not only consumes the medication but is also avoiding alcohol. Ultimately, it is his will power and the support that he receives from the medical fraternity and his close and dear ones. He must also learn to substitute and deal with the oral need, a rigid value system, the script issue, and of course take a look at all the genetic factors to plan a strategy not to get into what is called ?cross addictions? i.e. another form of addiction that may appear alright but is in fact as bad as the primary addiction. The center or hospital and the counselor will advise and guide him on several measures and precautions he will need to take to stay with his resolve. Even after the rehabilitation he must attend AA meetings and continue this support for a long time. The family will also need to attend some sessions and go for Al-anon meetings for their co-dependency issues. He cannot be treated in isolation because the family has gotten used to his drinking and have made some unhealthy adaptations to somehow cope. The children will also have to attend meetings to work out their issues because of the father?s habit. In fact, they are all suffering from the Adult Children Of Alcoholics Syndrome (ACOAs), which in effect means that they are genetically predisposed to alcoholism or can have cross addiction problems, and that they will have similar traits of the abusing alcoholic but in a milder form. There are special support groups for them all over the world. Should they touch or indulge in alcohol or any addictive substances or behaviors, they could also become full-fledged addicts themselves. Make a serious plan with whoever else?s support he can get and act on it fast. If he is not cooperative, there are some centers that will come and pick him up, after he is completely drunk, and admit his by force. This will however, require the wife and family?s consent.

For last about 5 years I am suffering from Anxiety attacks, Phobia & stress. I am 50 year men. Daily I am consuming Nexito Forte & triptomer 10 mg. This has caused considerable weight gain & loneliness In the life. I want to leave those medicines gradually . Looking for advice for the same.

Reparenting Technique, BA, BEd
Psychologist, Bangalore
You can suffer adverse reactions. Please talk to your doctor about the side effects you are having and seek his guidance on some alternatives. In the meantime please consult with a counselor for methods of coping with your problems. Your phobia and anxiety are causing the loneliness. There is a lot of fear associated with your life and that has to be dealt with pronto. You will avoid people because you are suspicious of them. Do some Yoga meditation, and lots of exercise. A large and strong heart, obtained by good exercise, will respond to fear and stress more calmly i.E. It will pump blood more efficiently and with less beats it will supply oxygenated blood to wherever it is required. Make an effort to meet people by attending workshops, seminars, conferences, talks, discussions, meetings, and gatherings that expose you to other people in the guise of certain topical issues. Join social groups and clubs too. Fix a time schedule and follow a tight sequence of activities. For some neurological exercises you may contact me. I do not expect you to rush with these suggestions but to stagger it out in a developmental fashion. Your life will certainly improve and, if you stabilize the situation, there are many possibilities.
View All Feed