Book Clinic Appointment
Anti Aging Treatment
Acne Scars Treatment
Advanced Skin Care Treatment
Age Miracle Treatment
Fine Line & Stretch Marks Removal Treatment
Laser Skin Technology
Pigmentation & Under Eye Circle Treatment
Platelet Rich Plasma Treatment
Skin Laser Treatment
Skin Refinement Treatment
Skin Rejuvenation Treatment
Skin Resurfacing & Cellulite Treatment
Skin Revival Treatment
Tags & Freckles Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Dillip Kumar MantryYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Uncontrolled and involuntary ejaculation that occurs either before or after sexual intercourse is known as premature ejaculation. Medically, the most persistent form of PE (primary or lifelong PE) is defined by the presence of the following three problems:
- Ejaculation always, or nearly always, happening before sexual penetration has been achieved, or within about a minute of penetration
- The man finding an inability to delay his ejaculation every time, or nearly every time, he does achieve penetration
- Negative personal consequences, such as distress and frustration, or avoidance of sexual intimacy
PE can cause a lot of embarrassment in boys and men, with a significant degree of stigma often attached to male sexual performance. It can be very distressing and frustrating for the individual as it can hamper his sex life drastically. However, unless it occurs regularly, it cannot be regarded as a cause of concern.
Below we will discuss some of the potential causes of PE:
Most cases of PE are not related to any disease and are instead due to psychological factors, including:
- Sexual inexperience
- Novelty of a relationship
- Overexcitement or too much stimulation
- Relationship stress
- Guilty feelings
- Issues related to control and intimacy
Medical causes of premature ejaculation:
The following are also possible medical causes of PE (doctors will focus on diagnosis and management of the underlying condition first and monitor for improvement in sexual function):
- Multiple sclerosis
- Prostate disease
- High blood pressure (hypertension)
- Thyroid problems
- Illicit drug use
- Excessive alcohol consumption
The ejaculation of semen occurs just after penetration, within a very short period of time, or even before penetration happens during a sexual intercourse. Due to this reason, both the partners might feel that they have had unsatisfactory sex. It is one of the most common forms of sexual dysfunction in males.
According to Ayurvedic perspective, premature ejaculation is caused by aggravation of Vata (air) and Pitta Dosha at the commencement of physical mating. These doshas can be aggravated by anxiety or nervousness before the sexual act. Vata is characterized by its qualities of quickness and heightened sensitivity to the sense of touch. This gives a predisposition towards quicker ejaculation. Pitta plays a role in thinning of the semen, thereby supporting its early ejaculation. Secondly, these aggravated doshas cause hyperactivity of muscles in the male organ, thus increasing sensitivity to vibration and hence leading to early ejaculation.
Ayurvedic treatment of premature ejaculation is aimed at keeping the Vata and Pitta in balance by eating a balanced diet. Problems of stress and anxiety during sexual intercourse can be effectively dealt with rejuvenating herbs, yoga, meditation and counseling.
Diet & Lifestyle Advice
- Avoid intake of pitta-aggravating foods like hot, penetrating, or excessively salty and spicy foods, as well as chilies, garlic, pickles, fermented and preserved foods.
- Increase intake of foods that are sweet and have a cooling effect on the body, like milk, butter, purified butter, almonds, raisins, black gram, licorice and asparagus.