Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bhubaneswar and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Flexible Partial Dentures Procedure
Acrylic Dentures Procedure
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ashish BarikYour feedback matters!
What is the reason behind thirst at night after drinking alcohol. When I consume alcohol I need water at night.Please tell sir.
My tongue is look white colour .how to care tongue for look nit and clean. I look feel pain while I wash my tongue. So tell me.
What should be done when having a tooth cavity. Can you suggest some medicines apart from injection.
Hello Mujhe bahut thuk (spit) ata hai muh se, bar bar rah chalte ghar me kahi pe bhi aa jata hai bbar bar thuk phekta rhta hun ghar ke kone me raste pe aur kisi bhi trah ka koi smell milne se bhi thuk aa jata hai aur subha jab so kr uthte hai to munh me thuk bhara rhta hai aur munh se badbu aati hai. So please koi upay bataye.
I am 23 year's old male. I have gum problem badly. And bad smell also. I use so many toothpaste. Sometime gum it swells. So what should I do?
My mom is suffering from dental problem. SHe has problem in her teeth. Her teeth is in pain. She has'fluid' in her teeth. Pls advice me some medicine.
I am known patient of squamous cell carcinoma in right boarder of tongue. It is operated on 15th nov, 2014 and port is completed on 31st jan, 2015.5 chemotherapy and 30 radiotherapy completed. 1st time mri with contast done in the 1st week of april, 2015. No sign of cancer is found in the mri. Now I am suffering swelling in my buckle mucosa and my inner side of mouth became red. I have consulted ent. He suggested me some antibiotics and mouth paste. Then I consulted with my oncologist. He suggested a multivitamin capsule and didn't. Give any attention. He said me that this type. Of problem will appear. Now suggest me the remedy? give opinion why does it occur?
a) cervical abrasion which happens due to incorrect brushing technique
b) fractured filling
c) chipped tooth
d) dental caries/cavity
e) using a very hard brush
f) gum recession
g) capping a vital tooth
h) improperly done RCT etc
Try to visit a dentist as soon as possible to rule out the etiology behind sensitivity.
My Friend is suffering from toothache, when he take some cold items severe pain occur in his teeth? Advice what he should do?
I m 50 years old man. My mouth is not open properly. Chewing tobacco products since many years. What can I do suffering this problem?
Various causes of sensitivity in teeth include:
1. Forceful brushing of teeth – it is the most common cause of tooth sensitivity. It causes thinning of the protective layer on our teeth that is enamel. Enamel protects our teeth against insult from food or fluids we take. Loss of enamel leads to sensitivity of teeth
• Gentle brushing of teeth
• Use soft bristle brush
• Change brush after 3- 6 months ( as the bristles wear away)
• Use little toothpaste ( toothpaste has abrasive particles which causes
wear away of enamel)
• Do brushing in up-down movement
2. Tooth decay – caries in tooth leads to tooth sensitivity. Caries remove the protective enamel layer exposing dentine layer to food and fluids. Dentine carries nerves which causes sensitivity
Remedy: Treatment involves removal of tooth decay and placement of
protective barrier on dentine that is a filling material
3. Old tooth fillings – over a period of time fillings may crack or break or get removed which leads to sensitivity.
Remedy: Change of filling in tooth
4. Exposed tooth roots- as a result of aggressive tooth brushing, gum recession and gum disease. It causes tooth sensitivity.
• Use soft bristle brush
• Visit your dentist for gum disease treatment
5. Plaque and calculus - the purpose of brushing is to remove plaque that forms after eating food. An excessive build-up of plaque can cause your enamel to wear away. Again, your teeth can become more sensitive as they lose their enamel protection.
Remedy: The solution is to practice good daily dental care and visit your
dentist for cleanings every six months.
6. Habit of eating acidic foods -fruits like lemon, sweet lime, pickles and tomato juice contains acid which can dissolve enamel of teeth. Frequent use of acidic food causes tooth sensitivity.
7. Habit of tooth-grinding – grinding also cause tooth sensitivity due to loss of enamel.
Tooth sensitivity is treatable. You must have seen toothpaste made for sensitive teeth. However, toothpaste can only help limited no. of patient’s suffering from tooth sensitivity.
If your sensitivity is extreme and persists no matter what you do, please visit your dentist for an oral examination. Visit to dental specialist can determine the most likely cause of your tooth sensitivity and the best solution for your particular condition. I Hope this article will help you.
I have complete my Rct last week but after few days I am not able to open my mouth widely and I am not able to eat properly. please give me advice I took arthodec MR for three days.
I am 32 years old and from past 6 months I am noticing a cyst on my tongue. Is it any case of panic. This is harmless, not increasing, not paining. Do I need to remove it surgically or just can ignore it. I am non alcoholic, and don't consume tobacco products.
How I can control my sex feeling sometimes gums are comes out .sir I want to free from this how I can . I have pimples on my face lot of starches on my face how I can clear my face with out any side effect Sir can you say remedies for this.
Often we are caught by a piercing pain that shoots through the roots of our teeth right up to our cranial region, at fairly unsuspecting moments. The pain can either cause momentary discomfort or end up being excruciating and difficult to bear. Rushing to the dentist is usually the only recourse left for us to take at such times. Most of such complaints meet the same verdict, that of, ‘sensitive tooth’. The problem of sensitive tooth has emerged as one of the most recurring and prevailing dental ailments.
Usually exposing the affected tooth to extreme tastes like sweet and sour or hot and cold food items can trigger off sensitivity in your teeth. Tooth sensitivity usually occurs when the nerve endings are exposed to food and other foreign particles due to a condition of gum pull back. This primarily takes place due to insufficient oral care which results in the decomposition of tooth enamel. This also makes one vulnerable to tooth decay and cavity formation. Inflammation of gums and persistent intake of acid inducing food products are among the other prominent factors leading to tooth sensitivity. The incidence of tooth sensitivity also increases with age. However, it is a fairly defeasible disease and one of the foremost steps to rectify the condition is meticulous and regular dental care.
Some of the steps to follow while dealing with sensitive tooth can be as follows.
1. Regular oral care: Maintaining the oral hygiene is paramount to avoid the recurrence of tooth sensitivity. Use of a proper brush in the right technique at least twice a day is mandatory. For the best results and to avoid gum bleeding, dentists recommend the use of a soft bristled toothbrush. Over and above brushing, one must use fluoride and antiseptic mouthwash for rinsing purposes. Use of floss is also a good practice.
2. Using a proper toothpaste: The choice of toothpaste needs to be judicious. The best kind is a fluoridated toothpaste with a lesser proportion of tartar present in it. Regular use may substantially reduce the harm caused by tooth decay and work as a viable solution to sensitive tooth.
3. Regular visits to the dentist: Prevention is better than cure. As such, it helps to make periodic visits to the dentist to check the condition of your teeth rather than making an SOS rush to her or his clinic when disaster strikes. Oral hygiene can be best maintained when abiding by the instructions given by the dentists.