Book Clinic Appointment with Dt. Ankita Chowdhury
Weight Loss Treatment
Management of Underweight & Malabsorption Disorder
Treatment of Diet
Staying Healthy Lifestyle
Treatment of Thyroid Disorders
Management of Pregnancy
Treatment of Underweight & Malabsorption Disorders
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Treatment of Lactation problems
Treatment of Gastritis
Antenatal Care Management
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Laser Weight Loss Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Submit a review for Dt. Ankita ChowdhuryYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Thanks Ankita for helping me lose weight along with treating me for PCOD and getting my periods regular.The best part about you was giving practical suggestions understanding my lifestyle so well that I enjoyed following it.I had visited so many dieticians before but you came as a blessing to me.Can't thank u enough and yes thanks for keeping me motivated always and being there whenever i have needed your help.I would surely recommend Dt.Ankita to everyone.
Dr.Ankita has been a blessing for me. She has really helped me in my weight loss journey. Best part about her is that she is very warm and approachable. She gives you really achievable targets and diets as per your taste. She does listen to you issues related to diet and fitness and suggest changes accordingly. All the diets suggested by her are very basic and easy to follow and not to mention Hassel free. Will give a big thumbs up for her.
I went to her for thyroid,cholesterol and weight issues.She helped with all my problems and gave me practical solutions for all.The best part was she spend a whole session just listening out to me n my issues.She is a very warm person and helpful.Recommend her to all who looking for the right treatment and not shortness.
It was very helpful, The best part about you was giving practical suggestions understanding my lifestyle so well that I enjoyed following it.I had visited so many dieticians before but you came as a blessing to me
i am thankful to Ankita foe helping mw reduce my acidity,gas and bloating to great extent along with losing weight and solving my queries whenever had any
I found the answers provided by Dt. Ankita Chowdhury to be very helpful, knowledgeable, well-reasoned and thorough. Thanks
The best part about consulting Ankita was she allowed me have our traditional food and not opt for any fancy diet and still made it a possibilty for me to lose good amount of inches,help me manage my thyroid and become fit.
Being #TheWorldDiabetesDay today we would be talking about how we could reduce the risk of diabetes by embracing a healthy lifestyle.
Cinnamon known as Dalchini is a very delicious spice and is known for its health benefits. Indian and many of the other cuisines use cinnamon as a primary spice in savory dishes. It is loaded with various antioxidant and antibiotic properties. This medicinal spice is used in wide varieties of sweet and savory dishes, breakfast cereals, baked goods, and snacks. Also having the cinnamon infused water helps us get all the goodness of the spice which again is known for its healing properties. There are two types of it available that is the Ceylon and Cassia variety. In most of the supermarkets and grocery store, we see the Cassia variety. But for getting the maximum of the health benefits, Ceylon is the preferred and if not available then we can stick to small doses of the cassia variety as well.
Cloves is one of the most popular flavoring agents used in India as well as across the world.They have an array of health benefits having anti-mutagenic,antiseptic,anti-microbial, antioxidant, hepatoprotective and anti-inflammatory properties along with fighting against oral diseases and headaches and displaying aphrodisiac properties.Its gives a soothing effect when used during colds, coughs and sore throats.It plays a great role in boosting immunity.
Cloves are used in curries,some desserts and for making teas.It has a pungent aroma to it and a very distinct taste.
Being over weight is a very common health problem. Although most people confuse weight with appearance, it is important to clear certain points. The way a person looks has nothing to do with weight; it all rests upon self confidence and self respect. However, weight can have major impact on the health of individuals.
A number of serious issues like diabetes, high blood pressure, gynaecological disorders tend to develop, which make lives nothing, but difficult. Given that we have a single life, why not enjoy the world without facing health issues. Here are some tips that could help individuals lose weight fast.
- Eating food items that would speed up the fat burning process can be a great beginning. Beans, walnuts, apples, spices, oats, ginger, green tea are certain food products, which help in increasing metabolism, thereby, helping in breaking down the food into energy faster, without much sugar storage (which could change into fats eventually).
- Weight loss without exercise would be a slow process and might at times even be ineffective. Running, cycling, boot camping, zumba and body combats are certain ways that help lose weight faster. Also cardio is an important part of exercise that enormously helps in weight loss. Jogging, swimming, circuit training, cross-trainer etc. are certain examples of cardio exercises.
- Another great method for losing weight sooner is weight training. This not only helps in losing weight efficiently, but also helps in staying fit over the years. With proper weight training, the muscles can be made stronger, thereby improving metabolism because muscles help burn calories very efficiently.
- One major mistake people make in the spur of losing weight is cutting off meals. That is the worst one could do as not only does it not help in weight loss, but also at times causes just the reverse. It is important to have small yet frequent meals throughout the day.
- A proper sleep cycle is absolutely necessary for losing weight. Improper sleep would make us tired and prevent us from working efficiently and also indirectly cause our body to crave for sugar.
- Eating a proper, healthy and full breakfast that would include high fibre and protein would make individuals have a lot of energy throughout the day and also help avoid unnecessary munching.
- Walking everyday is a great way to lose weight. Walking for 30 minutes every day prevents gaining weight, however, walking 45 minutes promotes weight loss.
- Increase the serving of fruits and vegetables in the diet is another advice for losing weight faster.
Everyone loves a thick luscious mane of hair, which is shown on television commercials. To be able to flick around shiny healthy locks, you may have tried the best shampoo brands, made frequent visits to the parlour and consulted the doctors several times. However, did you know that the best nutrition for your hair comes from the food you eat daily? Thinning hair, reduction in hairline, excessive hairfall resulting in an undesirable physical change, can be a major cause of frustration and low self esteem. Healthy and hygienic lifestyle, sufficient sleep, adequate water intake and exercises along with a balanced diet help to promote the growth of hair.
- Most of the hair is made of protein and therefore it is of utmost importance to include proteins in the diet. Protein cells are building blocks for hair and strengthen your locks.
- Vitamin D leads to a healthy scalp and activates the growth of hair follicles.
- Biotin (Vitamin B7) leads to the synthesis of an important hormone known as Keratin which forms the fibrous part of hair.
- Inadequate Folic acid in the diet can cause a reduction in cell division and lead to premature greying of hair.
- Vitamin A and C help to keep the scalp free of dandruff. They lead to the production of sebum that nourishes the hair strands and prevents split ends. Split ends can lead to the breakage of hair, eventually turning your precious mane into a rough, dull and unmanageable one.
- Omega-3 fatty Acids improve blood circulation to the hair roots, promoting shine and health of hair.
- Iron and Zinc prevent breakage and damage of hair. They contribute to strengthening of hair roots.
- Carrots, Whole grains, Legumes and Lentils, leafy green vegetables, fruits: Carrots are rich sources of Vitamin A. Carrots have several advantageous effects on the human body, mostly showing remarkable improvement in eyesight and hair growth. Carrots can be eaten in a salad, boiled or lightly tossed in the pan in just a few drops of oil and beneficial spices for added flavour. Carrots can also be made into carrot juice and consumed on a regular basis. Vegetables, fruits and legumes are rich sources of iron, zinc; vitamins that are essential for hair maintenance.
- Lean Meat and Eggs: Eggs and lean meat are rich sources of protein. Egg whites do a commendable job when it comes to promoting hair growth. Egg yolk and the egg whites are known to remarkably condition the hair and benefit damaged hair when mixed with a natural hair pack before shampooing it off. Egg protein is beneficial, whether consumed or applied externally. It must be made a vital inclusion in your diet.
- Oatmeal: Known to have multiple benefits, it must make a way into your diet chart, if you are looking forward to healthy skin, hair and the perfect body weight. Oatmeal applied externally can condition and clean the hair, reducing itchiness of the scalp. Oatmeal consumed in breakfast daily can help to control hormonal imbalance that leads to excessive hair loss. It can also play an important role in controlling genetic alopecia.
- Walnuts and Almonds: The “W” of Walnut can also stand for Wonder nut. This nut contains all the necessary vitamins that activate the hair follicles and increase the volume of hair. It contains, iron, zinc, Vitamins B9, B6 and B1, healthy fats and adequate protein. Almonds are as beneficial as Walnuts, containing all the basic important nutrients needed for your hair. A handful of walnuts and almonds daily will zealously guard your hair for a long, long time.
- Green Tea and Dark Chocolates: Rich in anti-oxidants, green tea is beneficial both when consumed internally and applied externally. The hair can be washed with green tea to remove and prevent dandruff. Dark chocolates are also rich sources of anti-oxidants. Now that’s a delectable way towards healthy and happy hair.
- Fish: Salmon, Mackerel, Oysters are excellent sources of Omega-3 Fatty Acids.
Garlic also known as lasun in hindi is a common ingredient in most of the Indian kitchen.It has numerous health properties.The sulphur-containing compound, Allicin, found in fresh, crushed or chewed garlic has anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties.It also has antibiotic properties which help in keeping the digestive system clean by flushing out toxins. It helps build immunity against common cold and prevents heart ailments by clearing up blocked arteries. It is great for rejuvenation and healing of skin scars and gives a glow to the skin as it keeps digestion in top-shape.
It is used as a flavor booster in curries,soups, stir-fries, pizza toppings, pastas, grilling meat or can be used in the raw form for making chutneys and adding in salads.But out of all the best way is eating raw garlic which ensures that we get all the health benefits of them when taken on a regular basis.When we chew raw garlic it releases allicin which cannot be formed after heating.So eating raw garlic specially during monsoon will help u keep away from infection and will help boost your immunity.
Ginger also known as adrak is commonly used for cooking in India and other Asian countries.Its also widely used for medicinal purpose.During monsoon ginger comes as natural remedy for cold and flu,helps in digestion and is effective in avoiding stomach ache caused due to improper digestion. Ginger also reduces inflammation.It is available in fresh and dried, as ginger extract, ginger oil, capsules and lozenges.Its used to make gravies,soups,kadhas and our very own adrak wali chai.
Turmeric is a root which is used in our kitchen and lives widely in various forms.It is staple in all Indian Cooking and used to fix health problems in every Indian household.With its primary compound curcumin,it gives the dishes that lovely yellow tinge.
This golden spice is known for its health benefits but because of some of its side effects, turmeric may not be worth taking for some people.And hence it is always better to speak with your doctor before you use turmeric to treat any health condition that you have.
Turmeric is available in the powder form which is used for cooking and supplements also available in the capsule form, but out of all raw turmeric is considered to be the most effective.