Doctor in Ims And Sum Hospital
Treatment of Abdominal Pain
Treatment of Swelling
Treatment of Hemorrhoids
Treatment of Kidney Stones
Treatment of Colic
Treatment of Black eye
Treatment of Hernia
Treatment of Blood in Urine
Treatment of Hydrocele
Treatment of Varicose Vein Disorder
Treatment of Deep Vein Thrombois
Breast Cancer Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Breast Cancer
Treatment of Gallstones
Treatment of Burns
Treatment of Bladder Stones
Treatment of Anal Fissure
Treatment of Keloid
Submit a review for Ims And Sum HospitalYour feedback matters!
Summer is here!! Skin Care Tips
We are here to help you in taking care of your skin as we know you don’t want your skin to get sunburnt or tanned due to the scorching heat. The skin is the largest organ in the human body. It is in constant interaction with the external world protecting your body from all kinds of insults.
India is a tropical country and the summers are harsh. Thanks to our brown skin, we are naturally protected from the adverse effects of sun exposure. However, our skin needs supplemental care, especially in summer. The melanin pigment of skin absorbs sunlight( UV light) and protects our skin from the harmful effects of UV light. The darker the skin, more is the melanin and better is the protection. This is the reason why the incidence of skin cancers in India is remarkably less when compared to the west.
At first let us understand a little about UV light, what damages it can cause to our skin. Ultraviolet Light is a part of the electromagnetic spectrum reaching the Earth. Its wavelength range is 200 – 400nm. There are 3 types of UV rays
- UVA – 320- 400nm – 95% of UV Light reaching Earth’s surface, implicated in tanning. SPF of sunscreens doesn't reflect protection from UVA. Only sunscreens with broad-spectrum action block UVA
- UVB – 290- 320nm – most of it filtered by the ozone layer, only about 5% reaches the earth’s surface. It causes most of the sun exposure-related diseases in us. SPF of sunscreens indicates the level of protection they offer against UVB
- UVC – 200-290nm – lethal to all the living organisms – completely filtered out by the ozone layer.
What can happen if you do not use proper sun protection?
We all know sunburn and tanning are the most common adverse effects of unchecked sun exposure, though sunburn is common in light-skinned people and tanning is common in dark-skinned individuals. UV exposure may also suppress the immune function, cause premature aging of the skin, photocarcinogenesis and also implicated in cataract formation. Some individuals who are prone may also develop solar urticaria, polymorphous light eruptions, chronic actinic dermatitis and many more UV related skin diseases.
What can we do to protect our skin from sun damage?
- Avoid going out in the sun from 10 am to 4 pm. The UV index is high in this time period.
- Use broad-spectrum sunscreens
- Use sunscreens in advised amounts – The teaspoon rule of applying sunscreen is as follows: Apply slightly more than a ½ teaspoon (~3ml) to each arm, to the face and the neck. On each leg, the chest and back, apply slightly more than a teaspoon (~6ml).
- Physical sunscreens provide better protection and chances of allergy to them are low. They usually contain titanium dioxide as the active agent.
- Physical protection is the best form of sun protection. Cover-up garments, garments that cover the arms, legs and torso, umbrella use, wide-brimmed hats and sunglasses are recommended for greater UV protection.
- Fibers are classified into three distinct groups based on their UV absorbing properties
- Group 1: Polyester, which is the best UV absorber
- Group 2: Wool, silk and nylon
- Group 3: Cotton and rayon (cellulosic fibers), which are the poorest absorbers
- Factors that affect UPF(UV Protection Factor) of fabric are
- Tightly woven thicker fibers have better UPF.
- Washing increases UPF because of shrinkage whereas hydration decreases it.
- Fabrics prone to stretch have lower UPF
- Chemical treatment with bleaching agents results in attenuation of UV rays.
- The colored fabric has greater UPF.
- Greater the distance of fabric from the skin, better is the photoprotection.
- Research has shown that the best protection is achieved by application 15-30 minutes before exposure, followed by one reapplication 15-30 minutes after the sun exposure begins. Further reapplication is only necessary after activities such as swimming, sweating and rubbing.
Does the use of sunscreens lead to Vitamin D deficiency?
UVB is required for the synthesis of vitamin D precursors in the skin. However, studies have failed to establish a proven association between sunscreen usage and vitamin D deficiency. It is also important to note that most of the Indians are Vitamin D deficient irrespective of the sunscreen use. Vitamin D plays an essential role in bone health, also seem to have some protective roles in preventing colorectal cancers, breast cancers, prostate cancers and non-Hodgkin’s lymphomas. We recommend the encouragement of dietary enrichment or supplementation by vitamin D. Some of the food items rich in vitamin D include fatty fish species like catfish, salmon, tuna, fish liver oils like cod liver oil; vitamin D fortified food products like packaged milk and juices are also available.
Routine care of the skin in summer
Use the products suitable for your skin type. You may need to change your facial cleansers, moisturizers and sunscreens in summer. Your skin is generally not as dry in summer as it used to be in winter. So a light moisturizer may be preferred in dry skin types and normal/oily skin types may not require one or use gel/ lotion based ones. You sweat more and dust settling on the skin is also more in summer. So use a cleanser containing hydroxy acids for better cleansing action provided your skin tolerates them. Use cleanser 2-3 times a day, excessive cleansing may lead to dryness as well as acne. However, you wash your face just with plain water if you sweat more. Follow the sun protection advice as mentioned above.
We all the importance of hydration in the body’s health in summer. It holds good to the skin as well. Dehydrated skin does not perform its protective functions well and it is also more prone to damage and infections. So drink at least 2-3L of water every day. Stay away from aerated drinks and fruit juices with added sugar. They can cause osmotic dehydration, add unnecessary empty calories, may as well increase your acne.
Do not forget to take care of your Lips, Eyes and Hair!!
Use a lip balm regularly, preferably the one which offers some sun protection.
- Do not forget to apply sunscreen around your eyes as most people forget to apply sunscreen around eyes. Use UV protective sunglasses to prevent cataract formation.
- Your hair also gets damaged by UV rays. Wear a hat or use scarves to prevent possible damage.
What food to eat?
Apart from your routine diet, have fruits and veggies with high water content like watermelon, cucumber, musk melon in plenty. Citrus fruits have a lot of anti-oxidants and are a great help in damage repair of your skin.
The ovaries are the egg producing organs, an essential part of the female reproductive system, they are responsible for the production of estrogen and release and egg every month. If the egg fertilizes with a sperm it can result in a pregnancy.
Ovarian cysts are quite common among women. Ovarian cysts are known to be small sacs filled with fluid that are situated in the ovaries.
Causes of ovarian cysts
Among ovarian cysts, the most common one is called the functional cyst. This type of cyst generally forms during the process of ovulation, during which either the eggs do not successfully release from the sac or the sac (follicle) fails to disintegrate properly after the release of the egg. Certain factors that can cause ovarian cysts are-
1. Age- Ovarian cysts are more likely to occur in women who have reached menopause.
3. Being overweight or obese
4. Consumption of fertility drugs
5. Hormone replacement therapy
6. Family history of ovarian cysts and cancer
7. Early menstruation, that is, the onset of the period before the age of 11
Generally, ovarian cysts show no specific symptoms and are generally only located during a physical examination or an ultrasound. But, in case you suffer from large cysts or those that have ruptured, you may experience certain signs like-
1. Pain while having sex. Great discomfort may be felt, particularly when deep penetration is attempted.
2. Pain in the lower abdominal and pelvic region. This pain may be intermittent or persistent. It can also vary from being mild to quite sharp.
3. Irregularity in the menstrual cycle.
4. An uncomfortable pressure in the lower abdominal and pelvic area.
5. Acute pain in the pelvic area and the lower back all throughout the menstrual period.
6. Pain in the pelvic area after a session of vigorous exercise or strenuous physical activity.
7. A feeling of discomfort or pain while urinating or during bowel movements.
8. Nausea, followed by vomiting.
9. Pain in the vaginal area, or light bleeding
11. Problems with healthy bowel movements
Laser skin tightening is a procedure that uses a laser to enhance the appearance of the skin and treat minor facial flaws. This procedure is performed with the help of two types of lasers: ablative and nonablative laser. Ablative laser is used to remove thin layers of skin, while a non-ablative laser is one which causes the growth of collagen and tightens the skin underneath.
Non-ablative laser is less invasive and requires less time to recover; although it's less effective than laser resurfacing, which is done with an ablative laser.
A laser tightening skin procedure can decrease fines lines on the face, making you look younger and giving a smooth appearance to your skin. It can also be used to treat uneven skin tone and improve your complexion, besides helping the treatment of sunburns and scars to a certain extent.
This procedure is usually used to treat:
2. Liver or age spots
3. Skin damage caused by sun rays
4. Scars caused due to accidents, chicken pox or severe acne
5. Irregular or uneven skin tone or texture
Before performing the procedure a doctor is likely to check your
1. Medical history - Doctors cross check your current and previous medical history, including medications and medical conditions.
2. Physical examination - A skin test is very common prior to perform such a surgery.
After the procedure is carried out, you may encounter initial minor problems like acne, itching, swelling or redness.
You may be advised to take medications and to avoid direct exposure to sunlight. During the procedure, a highly intense beam of light is directed on the skin. This laser beam destroys the upper layer of skin and also heats the underlying layers of epithelial cells. Resultantly, it causes the collagen fibres to shrink, thereby tightening your skin and giving you a younger appearance. Post the procedure, ice packs can be used to cool down the skin.
I am 22 years old male. I am suffering anal bleeding from yesterday. Also pain inside of anal hole. Blood comes with stool not drop by drop.
Sir maine 6th april ko unwanted pill use kiya tha or avi thoda thoda bleeding ho rha h .kb tkk bleeding hoga sir?
I am suffering from demographic urticaria from past 2 years. And with 2-3 days I have to take levocetirizine medicine to stay normal. Else my skin starts to itching everywhere. And I am not getting cured, I really do need a perma solution for it.
Though ovarian cysts can be well-treated with surgeries but not all surgeries are good for operating them. Thus, you have to choose the safest option that can help you to avoid adverse impacts after surgery.
Laparoscopic method is the approved surgical method that can operate ovarian cysts in the best possible manner. This treatment is completely painless, and thus you will not suffer at all while conducting the concerned method.
If you are looking for the best surgical method that can treat ovarian cysts, then nothing can be a better option other than laparoscopic surgery. There are many potential benefits of this surgical treatment for which it is more preferred in comparison to the traditional surgeries.
- Improved treatment: This treatment is quite an advanced treatment which is not invasive and moreover, the count of side-effects is quite lower. Modernized surgical equipments are used in this regard so that ovarian cysts can be removed with great ease and convenience. Moreover, the chances of medical malpractices or errors can be completely eliminated, and thus the patients remain safe.
- Needs short tenure: This treatment does not take a long time, and rather it can be completed within a short time. You do not have to stay at the hospital for long rather can get discharged on the same day treatment takes place. Thus, you can save a lot of medical expenses.
- Reduction in sufferings caused due to surgery: Sufferings due to surgery can be reduced or completely eliminated to a great extent, and this is one of the leading reasons why this treatment is preferred for removing ovarian cysts. You will not face any painful sensation and on the other hand, the trouble of blood transfusion is also avoided in this case.
- No exposure to contaminants: internal organs will be protected against different kinds of contaminants by implementing laparoscopic surgery. If the organs get contaminated, then the possibility of post-operative infections will rise. Infectious diseases are very much dreadful.
- Small incision-size: Incision size is quite small, and this is really quite beneficial in preventing different unwanted symptoms like pain, excessive bleeding and others. You do not have to take strong medications for getting rid of post-surgery symptoms. Scar tissues often get affected by infectious diseases, but in this case, it does not happen, and thus you will remain completely safe and secured.
Blessed are the people who enjoy a healthy, flawless and glowing skin with minimum effort, throughout their life. Of late, dermatological problems like acne, pruritus, psoriasis, dermatitis, eczema, have been affecting all and sundry. People, irrespective of their age, sex and occupation suffer from skin diseases. While some of the ailments are minor problems, others might be grave enough for one to seek an expert opinion. A number of factors, both internal as well as external, contribute to the skin ailments.
The dermatological problems, if not treated timely, can leave a person physically, mentally and emotionally drained out. In such cases, a person's self confidence is the worst affected. A lot of conventional and Allopathic options are available to treat the skin disease. Ointments, antihistamine tablets and antibacterial medications, though effective, often provide temporary relief. In many cases, it has been observed that in due course of time, the problem tends to relapse. The disease, thus, never really leaves the body, piling on the agony.
In this regard, Homeopathy has been a revelation, taking the medical world by storm. It works effectively to completely eliminate the dermatological problem out of your system, providing permanent relief. Homeopathy adopts a holistic approach in treating a disease. It lays great emphasis towards identifying and treating the underlying cause. Homeopathic treatment can be a little time consuming, but the time is worth waiting for. Over the past few decades, homeopathy has been the most sought after and reliable medication to deal with dermatological problems. Problems as grave as psoriasis and herpes can be completely cured; all thanks to the goodness of homeopathy.
- Natrum Muriaticum and Rhus Toxicodendron: Both the medications, Rhus Toxicodendron in particular, are very effective against eczema. Natrum Muriaticum has been found to soothe a person suffering from mental depression greatly.
- Thuja Occidentalis: Acne problems, warts, freckles, dry and itchy skin, ulcers (anogenital region) can throw life in jeopardy. Embrace the goodness of Thuja Occidentalis and the mentioned skin problems will be a thing of the past.
- Arsenicum: If psoriasis anSome of the homeopathic medications that have effectively dealt with skin diseases included chronic urticaria are giving you sleepless nights, Arsenicum is what you need. Arsenicum is equally effective against chronic eczema.
- Sepia: Herpes can make life miserable. Sepia is a powerful medication that gives one a lot to cheer about. People with psoriasis and dry skin can greatly benefit from Sepia.
- Cantharis: It provides great relief from blisters, skin eruptions and burns (second and third degree).
To enjoy the everlasting benefits, one needs to be a little patient with the treatment.