Customised Diet Chart
Health Check Up
Treatment of Diabetes Insipidus
Treatment of Diabetes In Children
Gestational Diabetes Management
Treatment of Diabetic Neuropathy
Treatment of Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy
Treatment of Diabetic Kidney Disease
Submit a review for Dr.Mahesh Rath's Centre for Diabetes and Adult VaccinationYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Diabulimia is an eating disorder often associated with Type-1 Diabetes. Also referred to as ED-DMT1, not many people are aware of this non-clinical term. It is a well known fact that many people with Type-1 diabetes require the daily administration of insulin. In the case of Diabulimia, a person having Type-1 diabetes purposely manipulates with the insulin dosage in an endeavour to lose weight. In some extreme cases, a person may completely avoid the use of insulin.
You need no rocket science to understand the impact diabulimia will have on a diabetic patient (Type-1) who is entirely dependent on insulin. Some of the lethal consequences of diabulimia include
- Yeast infections: Manipulating with the appropriate dosage of insulin can trigger an abnormal rise in the blood glucose level (Hyperglycemia), some of which gets eliminated out through the urine, thereby enabling a person to lose weight. However, the high glucose level is just the ideal and favorable condition for yeast growth. The hyperglycemic condition will result in increased yeast infections. The infection can be very uncomfortable and annoying. In fact, there will be repeated yeast infections until the blood glucose level comes down to the normal range.
- Ketoacidosis: As already mentioned, diabulimia devoids the body of insulin. As a result, glucose is unable to enter the body cells (glucose is an important fuel for the muscles and the other cells and tissues of the body). In its absence, the body starts looking for alternate sources. Gradually the body starts breaking down fats to get the desired energy. Increased breakdown of fats results in accumulation of ketone bodies in the bloodstream, a condition medically termed as Ketoacidosis or Diabetic Ketoacidosis. The condition if left untreated can be harmful triggering Cerebral Edema (a condition characterized by a swelling of the brain), Hypokalemia (low potassium level) or even Hypoglycemia.
- Diabetic retinopathy: Hyperglycemia can spell doom for your eyes. The accumulation and buildup of high levels of glucose in the eyes often damage the retinal blood vessels, a condition known as Diabetic Retinopathy. There may not be any early signs associated with the condition. However, diabetic retinopathy can give rise to many serious complications such as Glaucoma (characterized by severe damage to the optic nerve), Vitreous Hemorrhage (the blood leaks into the areas adjacent to the vitreous humor of the eye), or even Blindness. There may also be a Retinal Detachment.
- Renal failure: One of the common and harmful consequences of diabulimia is the kidney failure. Increased concentration of glucose in the kidneys often damages the filtration units of the kidneys called the Glomeruli (increased glucose blocks the capillaries of the kidney) leading to kidney damage and failure.
My mother has been diagnosed from a very low blood sugar which was calculated from past 15 days via a device that was attached to her upper left arm called as a chip. The doctor said it is very damaging for the brain. My mom is diabetic and is already on meds for BP and Sugar. What exactly should her diet be like to get her sugar in normalcy? Please if possible throw me some idea about future problems about low blood sugar and how it can possibly kept in control. My mom is 49 years old.
Kindly brief me the earlier symptoms of diabetics which people say in border. Can it be controlled & the home remedies please suggest & early symptoms of kidneys problems.
My father is suffering from diabetes. He is so hardworking not to sit at home in a single day. His diet time not fixed. A recent report is 228. please tell me is it safe phase or not nd give me some suggestions about diet.
I am patient of type 2 diabetes since 2 years tried to lose wt join jim but while doing cardio my blood pressure start rising I have stopped going to jim since six months my BP is under control but blood sugar level which were controlled during jim are now 170 to 230 PP AND FASTING IS 14O WHAT TO DO PLEASE ADVICE.
With the increasing number of the diabetes patients in India, our country is moving towards the title of world diabetes capital. Due to a change in lifestyle and food habits health of the people are deteriorating day by day. The unhealthy body reduces the lifespan as well. Ayurvedic treatment is the amazing solution of the cure of this life threatening disease.
Diabetes is a health issue which is caused due to the increased level of blood sugar level in the body. The digestive system of the body breaks food we eat into sugar which is called glucose and sent to all the cells throughout the body. The cells convert the glucose into energy with the help of a special hormone known as Insulin. When body reduces the capacity to maintain the blood sugar level due to lack of insulin in the body then this condition is called diabetes.
The simple Ayurvedic remedies for diabetes which show amazing results in the treatment of the disease.
- Bitter goard: This is considered as the most effective remedy in the treatment of diabetes. Consuming bitter gourd juice in empty stomach every morning reduces blood sugar level of the body.
- Jamun seeds: The powder of Jamun seed of the leaves of Jamun tree both is used as remedies for diabetes. Chewing Jamun leaves prevents the production of sugar and keeps sugar level of the body maintained.
- Cinnamon powder: Cinnamon is also one of the best remedies for diabetes. It improves the functioning of the pancreas and this would increase the production of insulin in the body.
- Triphala: This is the mixture of three different herbs, this ingredients are useful for the decrease of the sugar level in the blood. Some of the drug formations used to cure diabetes are :
- Asanad tablets
Diabetes is just not caused due to the lowering of insulin. It is mostly caused due to the lack of proper maintenance of the body. Sufferers should take care of their health by following the healthy lifestyle with the balanced diet, stress management and exercise with the natural herbs prescribed by some expert Ayurveda physicians.
Yesterday I Check My Fasting Sugar it was 82 But My Urine Sugar Was 3+ As I'm Diabetic From last 3 years Taking Glimestar M1 1 dose With Breakfast Everyday Now Acc to Me blood Sugar Is Controlled By Urine Sugar Is There. Y So? Is This Is A Serious Condition. Suffering From OCD & Anxiety Too. Kindly Tell The Solution Asap.
Can 65 years old sugar patient use imunocin tblt she is taking only one tblt in the morning this all, her sugar is not high.
I am male, age 64 years, fasting sugar 120 HDL 43 LDL 143 triglycerides 101 hemoglobin 14.7 please Suggest whether I need immediate visit to a doctor.
Hi there I recently did my sugar check and my fasting plasma glucose is 122 and my post prandial plasma glucose is 194. Does that mean I am diabetic? Is so what am I suppose to do now to enjoy my normal life.
I am diabetic for last 6 years I am 53 having my fasting sugar always more than 150 and recent and 3 months hba1c report 7.6 I am following the proper medication I am taking glimisave mv2 fort 1-0.1 and pioz 7.5 mg 1-0-0 but my sugar level not dropping I do not why please help me.
Diabetes is a condition that cannot be completely cured. It can be regulated and brought under control. Once you maintain your usual level of diabetes within the prescribed normal amount, you can be referred to be as non-diabetic. Surging levels of diabetes over a long span of time might negatively affect some organs in your body and also deteriorate your immune powers. Here is where the role of Ayurvedic medicines becomes imperative. One of the most potent and competitive ways of to deal with diabetes and bring it under control, while deleting the chances of any side effects is with the use of Ayurvedic medicines and therapy.
Symptoms of Diabetes:
There is a long list of common symptoms related to diabetes. Some of the most common symptoms out of the lot are-
- Disproportionate and varied levels of thirst,
- Frequent and uncontrollable urge for urination,
- Sudden hunger sprang,
- Sudden weight loss for some,
- Sudden weight loss for some,
- Thinning hands and legs,
- A constant feeling of irritation,
- An increased level of fatigue,
- Blurring vision,
- Itchy and spotty skin,
- Slow healing of scratches and cuts,
- Increased chances of infection,
- Swollen gums, loosening teeth, pulling of gums away from the teeth,
- Deterioration in sexual activities amongst men,
- Tingling sensations and numbness in your hind and fore limbs, etc.
These symptoms only keep on increasing, till the time they start affecting serious organs of your body. This can be protected by a visit to Ayurvedic doctors in the initial days of detection of the disease.
How to Detect Diabetes?
Diabetes can be detected with the help of a blood test or urine test. Both these tests are competent enough to detect the level of sugar in your blood and also whether it is controlled or not. Visiting a doctor can also help you to put your finger on the fact, whether the symptoms you are facing are related to diabetes or not.
When Should You Consult a Specialist?
You should visit a doctor as soon as you notice a couple of symptoms of diabetes mentioned above or for that matter have had your monthly medical tests done, and they show an uncontrolled level of glucose in your blood. Consulting a doctor will lead to a proper diagnosis of the condition and the prescription of best Ayurvedic medicines and treatments for speedy recovery.
Ayurvedic Medicine for Diabetes:
Though diabetes can be regarded to as a modern ailment, Ayurveda has surfaced as one of the best cures for the condition. The aim of Ayurveda is to control the level of glucose in the blood, with the use of all natural medication, which poses no additional harm or side effects to the patients. Some of the best Ayurvedic medicines for diabetes are-
- Coccinia Indica,
- Neem or Azadirachta Indica,
- Mulberry or Morus Indica,
- Bitte Gourd or Momordica Charantia,
- Eugenic Jambolana,
- Fenugreek or Trigonella Foenum, etc.
While these Ayurvedic medicines might not cure the condition 100% but they control the level of glucose to a level where a patient becomes almost normal.