Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. We will help you find the best Gynaecologists online in Bhopal. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sonil Srivastava
Submit a review for Dr. Sonil SrivastavaYour feedback matters!
But I haven't had my periods since then, they are 4 days late. Plus I am having some dense brown discharge. My periods were never late. I have been exercising a lot since last 4 months but this happened for the first time. What should I do now? I also took home pregnancy test which came out negative. I took it on 11th, my periods were due on 9th. Last time my periods ended on 17th and I had intercourse on 21st with protection and made sure he ejaculated away from my vagina.
Paraganglioma is a rare condition where tumors grow in the peripheral nervous system. Basically, these tumors are found near nerve clusters in the adrenal gland and even near certain blood vessels. There is no way to ascertain, whether these tumors are malignant or benign, which is why doctors should monitor such growths at regular intervals to check for cancer. Sometimes, the tumors may be caused outside the adrenal gland. These growths are often known as extra-adrenal paragangliomas. If you or anyone else you know suffers from paragangliomas, here are 3 ways by which this condition can be treated -
- Surgery: Almost all patients suffering from paragangliomas are recommended to undergo surgery. This is the best course of treatment and ensures that the tumor is removed from the source. However, owing to certain medical conditions, some people may not be able to undergo surgery. For these patients, other forms of treatment have to be used. However, if you are cleared for surgery, you will need to prepare for the same extensively. For instance, alpha-blockers will be used at least 10 to 14 days prior to the operation. These medications will ensure that the effects of adrenaline can be limited during the administration of anesthesia during the surgery. Doctors will also check whether the alpha blockers are working. Just 3-4 days prior to the operation, the patient may also be prescribed beta blockers, in a bid to slow down the heart. The surgery is caused with the help of general anesthesia and the patient is put to sleep. In most cases, an open surgery is conducted to remove the paraganglioma tumor. However, minimally invasive laparoscopic surgeries may also be successful in some cases. Generally, laparoscopic surgeries have a shorter recovery period and lesser pain post operation.
- Medical therapy: If the patient suffering from the paraganglioma cannot be operated upon, he/she needs to undergo treatment with medicines. While these are effective in reducing the level of adrenaline in the body, medication alone is rarely as effective as surgery.
- Radiation therapy: If the tumor from paraganglioma turns malignant or cancerous, standard treatment comprising medicines and surgery may not be feasible. In such cases, radiation therapy may be the best course to follow. Chemotherapy may also be prescribed for dealing with these cancer cells.
At any rate, it is essential to start treatment for paragangliomas immediately after it is diagnosed. Leaving the condition unattended can lead to severe complications that may be difficult to treat.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Good Evening My Wife delivered past 2 years ago. Now we are trying to conceive another baby. LMP: 10/07/2017. Ovulation period started 11 the day of menstrual date and ending date might be 21st. Next 21st to 28 days - I need sex instructions? In Ovulation period - We tried Hard sex (Participated Hard strokes) And 21st to 28 days - if I continues with same sex it will effect anything? Anywhere? Can you please give me a solution for me (Before Sex and After Sex)
Hi I had an unprotected intercourse with my bf last month feb, and I took an ipill within an hour later I got period after two days of taking ipill, but the problem is I didn't get this month March.. So I am worried, please advice.
Painful menstruation or menstrual cramp is termed as Dysmenorrhoea and refers to the discomfort or pain associated with menstruation. In 80% cases, cramps are an integral part of the preliminary dysmenorrhoea syndrome. Though this symptom is not deemed as a very serious clinical problem, the pain and its associated symptoms are acute enough to keep an affected woman from normal functioning for the first one or two days. These symptoms may take over one or two days prior to menses, reach their pinnacle on the first day and subside slowly with the passage of time. The pain can be typically depicted as being ached, cramping of the stomach and often reaching to the lower back portion.
There is probably no woman across the world, who has not undergone the painful menstrual cramps. But don't fret! Homeopathy treatment has a range of remedies to relieve you off this unease.
- Cimicifuga: Normally menstruation cramps indicate a pain that flows across the pelvic region from one side to the other. This remedy will particularly be helpful in neuralgic and rheumatic cases as well as congestive cases where it works effectively with Veratrum Viride and Belladonna. It is also very efficient in combating headaches preceding menses, acute pains across abdomen, labor like pains and scanty flow.
- Caulophyllum: This remedy is great for treating spasms and pain that flow downwards. The spasmodic periodic pains that need to be treated with Caulophyllum are mostly concentrated around the groin and radiate to other surrounding parts. Gelsemium can also be taken for treating neuralgic as well as congestive dysmenorrhoea when the pain bears down. The pains are often labor-like and spasmodic with flow of pale urine. In order to get faster relief, it can be taken along with hot bag press.
- Belladonna: If you are afflicted with the congestive forms of menstrual cramps, then you may take Belladonna. In most cases, a pain and discomfort is felt prior to the flow and a feeling of something heavy around the vulva can be relieved if you sit up straight. This pain occurs and subsides all of a sudden making the flow clotted and restricted. This kind of dysmenorrhoea is extremely painful and makes the genital dry. In case the pain gets severe and cuts through the pelvis, then Veratrum viride can also be administered.
- Zanthoxylum: This remedy is very effective in fighting dysmenorrhoea and uterine spasms. It is very effective when the pain is burning, agonising and extending down through the thighs making the limbs paralysed and numb. You can take this measure when the pain is affecting your ovaries as this medicine works closely for neuralgic form of menstrual cramps. Women with delicate nervous temperament can also take this remedy as it relieves from headache and eye pain caused from Menstruation.
Homeopathy has a huge range of medicines and it becomes difficult for a commoner to select an ideal one. Therefore, when you are deeply affected with menstrual cramps, you can always consult an expert before administering any medicine.