Find numerous Obstetricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Obstetricians with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Obstetricians online in Bhopal. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Dilatation And Curettage (D&C) Procedure
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Submit a review for Dr. Sonali MittalYour feedback matters!
Many time I observed that after few days of birth the child died. What is the reason and what step should take prevent from death? please suggest.
AGE :30 (Female) have done FET embryo xfer (IVF) recently 15 days on 15th july .taking tablet progynova (2-2 mg tricetotal 6 tablets) estrogen. Alivher 25 mg .crinone gel two times .folic acid folvite. Susten injection on every 4th day. Done beta hcg 3 days before ,it was 674 and yesterday it reached to 1600. I think .pregnancy confirmed ? As per conversation with my gynic increased progynova 1 more dose yesterday (means overall 7 tablets of 2 mg per day now 2-2-3) today morning light spotted while cleaning discharge of alivher. Please guide whether this light brown discharge is problematic or what? My doctor today advised me to stop alivher completely. Shud I stop it gradually or immediately? Taking 7 dosage (2 mg) of progynova is OK? Medical history:--Low AMH 0.75,Endo Thickness was 9 mm during transfer. Consuming progynova after egg retrieval. Its suppressive (FET) cycle. Embryo quality was grade 1-2 (8 cells) overall 3 embryo xfered.
IVF or In Vitro Fertilization is a process wherein an egg is fertilized by a sperm in a laboratory dish to form the embryo (baby's first cell) which after growth in artificial medium in the lab is transferred into the uterus of women, In general, a blood sample is collected to determine whether you're pregnant or not about 10-14 days after the eggs are retrieved.
Coming to the success of the procedure, a number of factors are at play and these are:
- The age at which you get pregnant - A factor that plays a role in influencing your chances of experiencing success in your IVF procedure is the age at which you opt for this procedure. The lower your age, the chances that you may get pregnant and deliver a healthy child using your own eggs witness an increase. On the other hand, if you're aged 41 and above, or your egg reserve is very low donor eggs are the most preferred option as they help to increase your prospects of meeting a success.
- Lifestyle habits - Certain lifestyle factors can significantly affect your prospects of getting pregnant through this route. Smoking can reduce your prospect of success using this procedure by about 50%. It can cause you to have lesser number of eggs retrieved during the procedure while increasing instances of miscarriages. Likewise, obesity, alcohol use, consumption of excessive caffeine and drugs can adversely affect your chances of getting pregnant using IVF.
- Cause of Infertility - If your supply of eggs is normal, success rate using IVF is high. Women who suffer from the problem of endometriosis experience lesser chances of getting pregnant than women who have unexplained fertility.
- Reproductive history - IVF success rate chances are higher if you've delivered a baby previously using IVF.
- Embryo status - Embryos that are better developed with good grade stand a higher chance of experiencing success than less developed embryos. More importantly, not every embryo is able to survive the development process. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an IVF Specialist.
I am 25 years old and having son of 6 months, incidently I got pregnant again but I dont want it right now as my baby is too little. What to do? is there any medicine for aborting my pregnancy?
I have been smoking till today. I am 34 years and might be pregnant by mid of this month. What should I do to cut effects of smoking. Is it too late.
Hello doctors, I want to know that, which medicine is safe during positive news in pregnancy, I have already 2nd half year old baby, so I don't want to take chance before four years, today I checked nd the report goes positive So pls help to get out of this position. What I do.
Hi doctor, I just ask one think that I did sex with my girlfriend 4 days bACK without using condom bt I gave ipill to her within 24 hours bt I still worry about her, her periods time is about to come 1 or 2 days. Can you suggest what I do now. If you suggest some kind of medicine whose help her to resolve this?
Hi Doctor, I would like to know whether there is a chance of getting pregnant on doing first sex, the sperm has not left inside vagina. Please confirm if there is way of avoiding pregnancy in case there is chance of pregnancy.
I am 37 years old. I have try to last five month for pregnancy but result was negative. My doctor suggest folic 3.
Is ivf treatment always successful? I am going to undergo a surgery next month for removal of endometriosis cyst on right ovary. Doctor suggesting me to go for ivf treatment within 3 months after the surgery.
I got pregnant and I'm getting dark patches below my eyes, what shou I do? Is it normal to get those patches during initial days of pregnancy?
Is large antimalarial drug is safe in pregnancy we have already taken injection and in blood test report negative shown.Please tell.
Are you in the last trimester of pregnancy and experiencing symptoms such as abdominal pain, vaginal bleeding, uterine tenderness and back pain? This might be an indication of a condition called placental abruption. This is a serious, but rare pregnancy complication in women. The placenta is the structure, which develops in the uterus for nourishing the growing baby. When the placenta peels away from the inner uterine wall before delivery, placental abruption occurs. The condition can deprive the growing baby of oxygen.
There are several factors, which increase the risk of placental abruption. They are as follows:
- High blood pressure: High blood pressure, be it chronic or because of pregnancy, increases the risk of placental abruption.
- Abdominal trauma: Certain trauma caused to the abdomen such as a fall or a blow to the abdomen increases your risk of having the condition.
- Substance abuse: Women who smoke and use drugs such as cocaine during pregnancy are more likely to have placental abruption.
- Premature rupture of the membranes: The growing baby is supported and surrounded by a fluid-filled membrane or the amniotic sac. When the sac leaks or breaks before labor, there are high chances of placental abruption.
- Blood clotting disorders: Any health condition which impairs blood clotting may increase the chance of placental abruption.
- Multiple pregnancy: For women who are carrying more than one baby, the delivery of the first baby may lead to changes in the uterus. This may cause placental abruption before the next baby is delivered.
- Maternal age: Placental abruption is more common or likely to occur among women who are above the age of 40.
It is not possible to reattach a placenta, which gets separated from the wall of the uterus. The treatment options for placental abruption depend on several circumstances. They are as follows:
- The baby is not close to full term: If the abruption is mild, your baby has a normal heart rate, and it is too early for him to be born, you might need to be hospitalized for monitoring. If the bleeding ends and the baby is in a stable condition, you might be able to go home and rest. In some cases, medicines are given to the baby for making his lungs mature.
- The baby is close to full term: If your baby is near full term, and the placental abruption is less, a closely monitored vaginal delivery is undertaken. In case of a progressive abruption, an immediate delivery might be required via C section.
It is recommended for you to consult a doctor on experiencing any symptom of placental abruption. This will help you in protecting your baby from any harm.