Find numerous Obstetricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Obstetricians with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Obstetricians online in Bhopal. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Dilatation And Curettage (D&C) Procedure
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Submit a review for Dr. Sonali MittalYour feedback matters!
Since I had my last periods on 25th feb. So can I use prega news card on 30th march just to check the pregnancy. Will it show true result?
My wife 42, her lazt LMP 5 may, after that she conceive, on july 1, she had to undergo abortion, she starts MALA D on 5 july. We used condom in parallel to avoid pregnancy, but she stops Mala d three days ago, so that after three days mensuration cycles starts and in these three days we do unprotected sex. When cycle will start as per LMP, if there any chances of pregnancy in last days pl guide.
My frnd had the dry humping with her bf she was wearing panty and jogging and her bf was wearing underwear is there any possibility to get pregnant.
My wife is pregnant from last 2 months can I do sex with her till delivery. Tell me doing sex between pregnancy period causes harm to mother and baby. Please advise.
Before marriage I had tablet to avoid my period in February. My period actual date was March 13. First I thought I may be pregnant. But I dint do my pregnancy test. I was waiting to do checkup in the first week of April. Whether itz there any chance for me to be pregnant at that time. But unfortunately I had my period on 29th March. What may be the reason for such situation. please clear my doubt.
My friend had some quality time with her boyfriend 7 days ago. Her boyfriend rubbed his penis on her vagina. There was no intercourse. Can this make her pregnant?
My wife is 6 week pregnant but doctor says no heartbeat found so I want to no whether there is any problem.
Dear Dr, I'm 32 year female. I'm pregnant and I completed my 4 month. My weight 54 kg. Mera weight nahi gain ho raha hai. Kis months se Tommy aana start hota hai. Kya pregnancie ke time sex Karne par koi problem toh nahi hoti. Mujhe kafi weakness rehti hai. Report sab normal hai. Thoda whirt discharge hota hai Kabhi Kabhi.
Is it possible to get pregnant on the first 7days post Menstruation because we would like to have sex without using condom and we are not expecting for a baby now.
My wife is pregnant 3 month 10 days approx or less if we don't want child can we option. Is it any ayurvedic or any method for not wanting a child.
Hi Doctor. My age is 24 now I am 6 months pregnant. Can I have sex with my husband. I am normal in all the sense. I just want to satisfy my husband. I feel shy to ask this with my doctor. Please answer me.
If a woman is two months pregnant, then what should she not eat and how can she take care of her pregnancy and what should she do for her health?
I am 23 years old as per pregnancy test kit I am pregnant. I do not want it how could I abort it. My last period date was may 17.
Hi yestday I do sex with my friend one or two drop of doer fastly go inside to my frnd. After I ask my frnd she did not identify anything. I have doubt if my friend becomes pregnant or not pregenat.
In vitro fertilisation (IVF) is a medical procedure followed for those women or couples suffering from infertility or for certain specific genetic problem. In the normal course, women or couples experience positive results within a few IVF cycles. However, in spite of reasonable pregnancy rates, some women may require few more cycles to achieve pregnancy. In such cases, in order to ensure a healthy pregnancy, the gynecologist may suggest the women undergo Endometrial Scratching before IVF.
Endometrium explained in brief:
The uterus is located in the pelvic region and it is in the size and shape of a pear. The inner cavity of the womb or uterus is protected by the tissue lining called endometrium, also called endometrial. The endometrium plays a significant role in supporting the pregnancy.
The enhanced success of achieving pregnancy:
The endometrial scratching procedure is a very simple one, which is resorted, so as to improve the results of IVF procedure. In this procedure, the gynecologist uses a very fine catheter and makes a small scratch on the endometrial lining. In fact, the scratch causes a kind of inflammatory reaction in the uterus. This inflammatory reaction induces the endometrium to be highly receptive to embryos during the successive menstrual cycle. This added receptivity enhances the success of pregnancy during the next menstrual cycle.
Considering the higher level of success in achieving pregnancy, the endometrial scratching procedure has gained popularity in the IVF procedure. However, some of the other issues related to endometrial scratching may be as follows:
- Endometrial scratching optimises the uterine lining and thereby, makes it easier to continue the embryo implanting procedure. Normally, before the endometrial scratching procedure, the gynecologist may suggest endometrial biopsy.
- The endometrial procedure is usually suggested for those women who had two or more unsuccessful IVF procedures, despite having good quality embryos. However, in some cases, depending on the health of the patient and various other factors, the gynecologist may suggest this endometrial scratching at the very first IVF procedure. This procedure can be availed either for fresh embryos of the couple or frozen embryos or for the donor egg.
- Although this is a part of a surgical procedure; endometrial scratching is very simple and painless and it is done without administering anesthesia. The procedure does not require any hospitalisation. In fact, the patient can go home soon after the procedure. Except for a few pain killers, this procedure does not require any extensive medication.
This is a safe and easy procedure. Neither does it lead to any side effects, nor is the procedure burdensome for your wallet. Many couples have been benefited by this endometrial scratching procedure. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
The moment you realize that you are going to be a mummy a lot of people start advising about healthy eating. What exactly is a healthy plan for pregnant women? It is very important for the mother to eat a balanced diet. Aiming to eat a healthy and balanced pregnancy diet that includes- one third of most meals should be starch-based foods (such as cereals, potatoes, rice, and wheat pasta), with fruit and vegetables. Keeping it fiber rich, good sources are wholegrain breads as well as fruit and vegetables. Eat some protein foods such as fish, pulses, chicken, etc, every day. Choose lean meat. Try to avoid adding fat - for example, by not frying food. A total weight gain of 11-16 kg over the pregnancy is normal.
Include Foods with plenty of Iron, Calcium and Folic acid -
- Iron is mainly found in non vegetarian sources, pulses, dried fruit, green leafy vegetables, soybeans and fortified cereals.
- Calcium is mainly found in dairy products such as milk, cheese, and yoghurt, green leafy vegetables, soybean and seeds.
- Folic acid is mainly found in green vegetables, brown rice, and fortified cereals.
- Fish- in general, fish is a good source of protein and other nutrients. However, there are some important exceptions. Some types of fish contain a high level of mercury which can damage the developing nervous system of an unborn baby. Because of this, the Food Standards Agency (FSA) advises: Not to include eat any marlin or swordfish. Limit tuna - eat no more than 140 g or two fresh tuna steaks per week.
- Oily fish, includes- mackerel, sardines, salmon, trout and fresh tuna- not more than two helpings in a week.
- Foods and drinks to be avoided
- Food sources high in Listeria. Listeria is a germ (bacterium). Pregnant women are more likely to become infected with listeria and it sometimes causes complications. Foods which are most at risk of carrying listeria are: Undercooked meats and eggs, raw shellfish and raw fish and unpasteurized milk.
- Limit the amount of Caffeine to no more than 300 mg per day.
It is recommended that you visit a nutrition expert who can understand your daily requirements and activities and suggest a nutrition diet plan as per the same. The expert shall also consider your medical history and understand if you have a tendency to put on weight. A comprehensive pregnancy diet plan helps a woman relive stress and the right balance of antioxidants helps balance the body.