Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Ophthalmologists online in Bhopal. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shweta Agarwal
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Shweta AgarwalYour feedback matters!
I am suffered a lot about eye sight, will you please give me the remedies, and also I am lack of nutrition and give me the nutrition details about which food I want to take.
Hi! I am having problem with my right eye from last 3 years. I got a chalk piece on my eye. And from that day till today I am getting a blurry vision. I don't know what to do. Kindly suggest.
I am having common cold for the past 4 days. I also have a running nose and my eyes are watery. Please help me.
To help avoid workplace - dry eye and eye strain, follow these eye ergonomics tips.
1. Stay at arm’s length: try placing the monitor 25 inches away from your face. No measuring tape? put your screen an arm’s length away.
2.Take care of glare: while many new phones and laptops have glass screens with excellent picture quality, they also produce a strong glare that can aggravate the eyes. If you use a glass screen device, try a matte filter for your screen.
3. Give your eyes a break: strain occurs after long, continuous periods of reading paper or viewing digital screens up close. follow the 20-20-20 rule: take a break every 20 minutes by looking at an object 20 feet away for 20 seconds. Looking into the distance allows your eyes to relax.
4. Defy dry eye: many newer office buildings have humidity - controlled environments that suck moisture out of the air. In winter, heaters on high can further dry your eyes. Try a desktop humidifier to add localized moisture.
Keep artificial tears at hand to help lubricate your eyes.
5. Lighten up: when your screen is much brighter than your surroundings, your eyes have to work harder to see. Adjusting your environmental lighting can reduce eye strain. Also, try increasing the contrast on your monitor.
When I pass stool my eyes are watering or tears run down my cheek. Is something wrong with me. Please advice. than.
I am suffering from eye problem when ever I am across a microscope in da college. Wat shud I do to be safe?
Hi doctor, I have suffered middle ear loss and having eye weakness pls suggest me which should better.
Cosmetic/artificial eye surgery will be possible in this hospital. If yes please confirm the estimate cost.
Astigmatism is an eye condition where there is an imperfection in the curvature of the cornea. The cornea and lens are smooth and equally curved in all directions, which helps to focus the light rays to the retina. But if there is an imperfection in the curvature, then you will suffer from a refractive error. Astigmatism is not an eye disease. It is simply a condition where the eye is not able to focus the light.
Irregular shape of the cornea is the main cause for astigmatism. It might also be caused because of the imperfect shape of the lens. Suffering from astigmatism is very common. You are either born with the condition or you might have developed it after an eye surgery. It is an incorrect concept that watching too much of television or reading without enough light causes astigmatism.
There are three different types of astigmatism:
- Myopic astigmatism: When the principal meridians of the cornea are nearsighted.
- Hyperopic astigmatism: When the principal meridians of the cornea are farsighted.
- Mixed astigmatism: When one of the principal meridians is nearsighted and the other is farsighted.
It can also be classified in two other types:
- Regular astigmatism: When the principal meridians are perpendicular to each other.
- Irregular astigmatism: When the principal meridians are not perpendicular to each other.
Blurry or distorted vision, strain in the eye, eye discomfort, squinting and headaches are a few symptoms of astigmatism
If you notice the symptoms stated above, make sure you pay a visit to your ophthalmologist. If you are suffering from astigmatism, your doctor will do an eye test to check how much your eye is able to focus on light. After conducting his tests, he will determine how much power you have and you will have to wear glasses of that power. Apart from the option of wearing glasses or artificial lenses, you can also go for a surgery to correct the condition. LASIK is an option among the many other options of surgeries available.