Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Bhopal. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shilpa Dodani
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Shilpa DodaniYour feedback matters!
● Apply Neem oil + coconut oil OR Lemon oil + Eucalyptus oil on the exposed parts
● Keep Tulsi near the window panes
● Burn Camphor in a closed room
● Spray the garlic decoction in the room
● Have Giloy decoction (kadha) by boiling it in water for 10 min to increase immunity
● Drink juice of budding leaves of papaya tree to raise the platelet count
● Have fenugreek leaves to reduce the fever, pain and to keep the heart healthy
● Take juice of turmeric root (yellow root) leaves to eliminate the dengue virus from the body.
Lemon is a rich source of vitamin C. 1-2 tsp of juice everyday is helpful in conditions of mouth ulcers, pyorrhoea and other oral problems. It helps in absorption of iron in the body. Lemon juice along with honey can be taken in the morning to detoxify the body and work as a blood purifier.
Fresh lime water is the most refreshing low calorie summer drink.
Hello doctors. I am nine week pregnant. L feel my eyes often pains sometimes along with headache. I am suffering from severe backache as well. Please let me know if I am lacking vitamins. Do I need to take any extra intakes of medicines. My food cravings are not allowing me to eat anything except fruits n curd. Lemme know what can I do to help me an my unborn baby's growth & health.
My mom is a fallopian tube carcinoma patient. She undergone two surgeries and one complete cycle of chemotherapy. She is under weight. Around 35 kgs. Does she require any further treatment? Or is there any chances of recurrence of carcinoma anymore? Her recent can 125 test shows 13.
Every month before or during menstrual cycle I am suffering from headache nd vomiting. How can I get rid of this? Why it is happening to me?
If you are pregnant and considering fasting during the festive season, it might not be a good idea. As per studies, fasting during any trimester of the pregnancy can have detrimental effects on the unborn child.
During the 1st trimester, your baby is in a very delicate stage. It is better not to fast during this period of time. Similarly, fasting during the 3rd trimester is also very much unsafe. However, if you are healthy and have no pregnancy-related complications then you can fast but only after consulting your doctor. Remember that your baby depends on you for food. So, it is always good to avoid going completely without food when on fasting during pregnancy.
Below given are a few tips to be followed by pregnant women when going on Navratri fasting:
- Consult your doctor: The doctor should always be consulted before deciding to fast. Different women have different risk levels, and there can be chances of diseases like diabetes and threats of miscarriage. The doctor will be the sole person to gauge the degree of risk associated and give a proper solution.
- Stay hydrated: Consume lots of water. This should be done to avoid dehydration. Dehydration can lead to hardening of tummy or cases of pre-term labor. It can also result in dry skin and mouth, fatigue, intense feelings of thirst and dark urine.
- Sleep well: While fasting, pregnant women experience a lot of stress compared to others. There is the combined physical exertion of pregnancy and fasting. This can take a serious toll on health. It is always advisable that they sleep for long and stay relaxed.
- Eat healthily: Eating healthy is very important as then only, the baby will get enough nutrients. In this regard, a healthy diet plan, given by the doctor should be followed. Consumption of 2-3 types of fruits throughout the day is essential as they are rich in natural sugars and minerals. This helps in maintaining the energy levels of the body. Moreover, the fast should always be broken with healthy and nutritious foods. As the body does not get food, for the entire day, gobbling something deep fried and oily after the fast ends, is not at all a good idea. High sugar foods or caffeinated drinks like coffee and tea should be avoided during fast.
- Look out for warning signs: The would-be mother should always look out for warning signs. This includes severe dehydration, weight loss, constipation, indigestion, nausea, dizziness, headaches, lethargy, fever and even a reduction of the baby’s movement inside the womb. These are indications that the body cannot cope with the stress associated with fasting. These physical conditions should be immediately reported to the doctor.
Keep these important tips in mind in order to enjoy the festive spirit along with a healthy and safe pregnancy! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.