Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Bhopal. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Richa Jhavar
Treatment of Pregnancy and related Disorder
Treatment of Irregular Periods
Management of Pregnancy
Treatment of Ovarian Cysts
Management of Pregnancy Query
Management of Abortion
Treatment of Painful Periods
Avoiding Pregnancy Procedures
Treatment of Painful Sexual Intercourse
Treatment of Heavy Periods
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
Treatment of Breast Pain
Treatment of Vaginal Discharge
Treatment of Miscarriage
Treatment of Vaginal Itching
Treatment of Fertility
Treatment of Delayed Periods
Treatment of Vaginal Infection
Submit a review for Dr. Richa JhavarYour feedback matters!
Foods that you must eat to gear up your metabolism and they will help you lose weight:
- Protein rich foods: Protein rich foods, such as meat, fish, eggs, dairy, legumes, nuts and seeds, could help increase your metabolism for a few hours. They do so by requiring your body to use more energy to digest them. This is known as the thermic effect of food (TEF). The TEF refers to the number of calories needed by your body to digest, absorb and process the nutrients in your meals. Research shows that protein-rich foods increase TEF the most. Protein-rich diets also reduce the drop in metabolism often seen during weight loss by helping your body hold on to its muscle mass. What’s more, protein may also help keep you fuller for longer, which can prevent overeating.
- Iron, zinc and selenium rich foods: Iron, zinc and selenium each play different but equally important roles in the proper function of your body. However, they do have one thing in common: all three are required for the proper function of your thyroid gland, which regulates your metabolism. Research shows that a diet too low in iron, zinc or selenium may reduce the ability of your thyroid gland to produce sufficient amounts of hormones. This can slow down your metabolism. To help your thyroid function to the best of its ability, include zinc, selenium and iron rich foods like meat, legumes, nuts and seeds in your daily menu.
- Chilli peppers: Capsaicin, a chemical found in Chilli peppers, may boost your metabolism by increasing the number of calories and fat you burn. Capsaicin may have appetite-reducing properties.
- Coffee: Studies report that the caffeine found in coffee can help increase metabolic rate by up to 11%. Furthermore, caffeine may also help your body burn fat for energy and seems especially effective at boosting your workout performance. However, its effects seem to vary from person to person, based on individual characteristics such as body weight and age.
- Tea: According to research, the combination of caffeine and catechins that’s found in tea may work to boost your metabolism. In particular, both oolong and green tea may increase metabolism by 4–10%. This could add up to burning an extra 100 calories per day. In addition, oolong and green teas may help your body use stored fat for energy more effectively, increasing your fat-burning ability by up to 17%. Nevertheless, as is the case with coffee, effects may vary from person to person.
- Legumes and pulses: Legumes and pulses, such as lentils, peas, chickpeas, beans and peanuts, are particularly high in protein compared to other plant foods. Studies suggest that their high protein content requires your body to burn a greater number of calories to digest them, compared to lower-protein foods. Legumes also contain a good amount of dietary fiber, such as resistant starch and soluble fiber, which your body can use to feed the good bacteria living in your intestines. Legumes are also high in arginine, an amino acid that may increase the amount of carbs and fat your body can burn for energy. In addition, peas and lentils also contain substantial amounts of the amino acid glutamine, which may help increase the number of calories burned during digestion.
- Metabolism boosting spices: Certain spices are thought to have particularly beneficial metabolism-boosting properties. For instance, research shows that dissolving 2 grams of ginger powder in hot water and drinking it with a meal may help you burn up to 43 more calories than drinking hot water alone. This hot ginger drink also seems to decrease levels of hunger and enhance feelings of satiety. Similarly, adding cayenne pepper to your meal may increase the amount of fat your body burns for energy, especially following a high-fat meal. However, this fat-burning effect may only apply to people unaccustomed to consuming spicy foods.
- Apple cider vinegar: Apple cider vinegar may increase your metabolism. In one study, mice given vinegar experienced an increase in the AMPK enzyme, which prompts the body to decrease fat storage and increase fat burning. In another study, obese rats treated with vinegar experienced an increase in the expression of certain genes, leading to reduced liver fat and belly fat storage. Apple cider vinegar help you lose weight in other ways, such as slowing stomach emptying and enhancing feelings of fullness. If you’d like to give apple cider vinegar a try, be careful to limit your daily consumption to two tablespoons (30 ml).
- Coconut Oil: Coconut oil is experiencing a surge in popularity. That may be partly because coconut oil is high in medium-chain triglycerides (MCTs). This is contrary to most other types of fats, which usually contain higher amounts of long-chain fatty acids. Unlike long-chain fats, once MCTs are absorbed, they go directly to the liver to be turned into energy. This makes them less likely to be stored as fat. In addition, researchers report that a daily intake of 30 ml of coconut oil may successfully reduce waist size in obese individuals.
- Water: Drinking enough water is a great way to stay hydrated. Additionally, it seems that drinking water may also temporarily boost metabolism by 24–30%. About 40% of that increase may come from your body trying to match the water’s temperature to its own. Yet, the effects only seem to last for 60–90 minutes after drinking it and may vary from one person to another. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.
I am 28 years old women. My last periods were 33, 30, 24 days. In January (during 33 days periods) I got married. Suddenly the period cycle time reduced. Before marriage it was 38-40 days. Last period was on 10th march. Now till time period not started. But feeling same symptoms from last week. Am I pregnant? I use test kit.
Meri age 24, unmarried hoon. Mujhe 10 months pehle Irregular Periods hone ki problem thi weight bhi bewajah bardh raha tha. Maine gynaecologist se consult kiya to unho ne mere test karawaye ultrasound karwaya to usme PCOS ka pata chala pehle 3-4 months to without medicine periods aate hi nahi the, lower abdomen me bahut pain bhi rehta hai lekin April 2017 se mere periods regular aate hain lekin lower abdomen me bahut pain rehte hai bharipan bhi rehta hain. Jab periods hote hain uss time to rehta hain hi pain lekin periods khatam hone ke bad bhi bahut pain rehta hain. Kabhi kabhi bahut chakkar bhi aata hain, bechaini, ghabrahat sa hota uske sath sath chest me bhi pain hone lagta hain bahut thakan bhi hota hain. Jaise kuch bhi sochte hain koi bhi bat ko lekar bahut tezz headache hone lagta hain. Morning me jab bhi so kar uthti hoon to bahut tezz headache rehta hain kabhi kabhi to bed se uthte waqt turant niche gir jati hoon headache ke wajah se Mujhe thyroid ki bhi problem hain. Eltroxcin 50 mcg leti hoon. Main kya karu mujhe suggestion dijiye. Thank You.
One of the most common physically transmitted diseases is chlamydia. Chlamydia is a type of infection caused by the bacteria "Chlamydia trachomatis". The symptoms of Chlamydia are similar to the symptoms of Gonorrhoea (a bacterial sexually transmitted infection). Chlamydia infection causes permanent fallopian tube damage in women, leads to future ectopic pregnancy (the fertilised egg attaches itself outside the uterus) and infertility.
Symptoms of Chlamydia:
Men and women afflicted with chlamydia exhibit different symptoms.
The symptoms of chlamydia in women include:
- Abnormal, sometimes foul-smelling, vaginal discharge
- Bleeding between menstrual cycles
- Painful periods
- Abdominal pain, accompanied with fever
- Pain during intercourse
- Burning or itching around or in the vagina
- Painful urination
Men usually display the following symptoms if they have chlamydia:
- Minimal amounts of cloudy or clear discharge from the head of the penis
- Painful urination
- Itching and burning around the slit of the penis
- Swollen and painful testicles
Treatment options available:
- Chlamydia is diagnosed by taking a swab from the cervix (in women) or the urethra (in men). These swabs will be sent to the laboratory for analysis. Urine samples can also be taken to check for the appearance of bacteria.
- Since chlamydia is a bacterial infection, it can be easily treated with antibiotics. Oral antibiotics such as azithromycin or doxycycline are commonly prescribed by doctors. Azithromycin is usually prescribed in a large, single dose. The dose may also be stretched out for five days. Doxycycline is taken two times daily for a week.
- With the right antibiotic therapy, the infection will clear up in 1 to 2 weeks approximately. It is very important that you finish the medication course if you wish you heal completely without having to suffer from further bouts of this disorder.
- Women with critical chlamydia may need hospitalisation, pain medicine and IV (intravenous, or directly through the vein) antibiotics. Pregnant women with chlamydia infection can be safely cured with antibiotic such as erythromycin ethylsuccinate, amoxicillin and azithromycin.
Your partner needs testing and treatment as well to avoid further spread and reinfection. It is vital not to engage in any sexual activity while the treatment is ongoing. A further retest should be done three months later to make sure the infection is rectified. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
I am pregnant my last period date is 11-2-2017 .is there any problem if I travel by train or car like on day.
When you think of healthy food, cornflakes and oatmeal are probably the first things that come to mind. For most people, eating healthy translates into eating boring, bland food. So, if you're on a diet, here's some good news for you. Healthy food does not have to be bland or expensive.
Here are 6 indigenous Indian healthy foods that are ideal for you.
- Idli: This south Indian steamed dish is free from oil and fats and rich in carbohydrates and proteins. Having a low fat content makes idlis very easy to digest. Idlis are prepared using a combination of rice and dal. Their amino acids complement each other and the fermentation process enhances the vitamin b and protein levels in the dish.
- Sattu: Sattu is a staple dish in Bihar that is made primarily from roasted gram flour along with barley and wheat flour. Sattu is rich in fiber, has cooling properties and has a low glycaemic index. Roasting the flour also helps retain all the nutrients in the flour. Sattu can be made in a number of ways including paranthas and ladoos.
- Dhokla: Dhoklas are steamed Gujarati snacks made using gram flour. As with idlis, the flour is allowed to ferment before steaming. This helps enhance its nutrient value. Dhoklas also have a very low glycaemic index and is easy to digest.
- Bajra: Bajra is a very humble grain that is commonly eaten in Rajasthan. Bajra is a rich source of energy and aids digestion. It has an anti diabetic effect and is also said to promote a healthy heart. The lignin in grains is also said to have cancer protecting properties. Bajra is a winter food that is usually made into rotis or khichadi.
- Daliya: Daliya is also known as broken wheat. Daliya recipes can be sweet and savoury. Daliya is a complex carbohydrate that is slow to digest and hence releases energy at a slow, sustained rate. This makes it an ideal food for people suffering from high cholesterol or diabetes. The high fiber content also makes daliya easy to digest.
- Sprouts: Almost every guide to healthy eating promotes sprouts. As the name suggests, sprouts are lentils that have been germinated till they 'sprout' a root. This germination process makes them easy to digest by breaking down the nutrients into simple forms. Sprouts are rich in fiber, vitamin, minerals and proteins. They can be eaten raw or cooked depending on your preference.
प्रेगनेंसी जांचने के कई कारण हो सकते हैं. जैसे कि यदि आप बच्चे नहीं चाहते हैं लेकिन सुरक्षित तरीका इस्तेमाल नहीं किया तब भी गलती हो सकती है. या कई बार दुसरे कारण भी हो सकते हैं. आपको ये जानकर आश्चर्य होगा कि प्रेगनेंसी को आसानी से जांचा जा सकता है. इसे जांचने के कई उपाय उपलब्ध हैं. यहाँ तक की बाजार में कई तरह के प्रेगनेंसी कीट भी उपलब्ध हैं जो कि आसानी से आपको इसकी जानकारी दे सकते हैं. आइए जानें उन तरीकों को-
1. सरसों से जांचें, प्रेग्नेंट हैं कि नहीं
आसानी से सबके घरों में उपलब्ध सरसों को पीरियड्स शुरू करने का एक कारगर नुस्खा माना जाता है. इसके लिए आपको करना बस इतना है कि एक टब में दो कप सरसों के बीज का पाउडर मिला लीजिए. फिर इस टब में कुछ देर तक अपना गर्दन डूबा कर रखिए. ध्यान रहे कि बर्दाश्त करने भर ही. इसके बाद गर्म पानी से स्नान कर लीजिए. ऐसा करने के एक या दो दिन में पीरियड्स फिर से शुरू हो जाए तो समझिए कि आप प्रेग्नेंट नहीं हैं और यदि दो हफ्ते तक भी पीरियड्स शुरू नहीं हुए तो समझिए कि आप गर्भ से हैं.
2. चीनी से भी कर सकते हैं जांच
जाहिर है कि चीनी भी बहुत आसानी से सबके घरों में उपलब्ध है. चीनी की सहायता से प्रेगनेंसी जांचने के लिए सुबह का पहला मूत्र तीन चम्मच लें और फिर इसे कटोरी में रखी एक चम्मच चीनी पर डालें. फिर कुछ देर तक इसका निरीक्षण करें. यदि चीनी कुछ समय बाद घुल जाती है तो आप प्रेग्नेंट नहीं हैं लेकिन जब नहीं घुले तो समझ जाइए कि आप गर्भवती हैं. इसके पीछे का लॉजिक ये है कि प्रेग्नेंट होने पर जो हार्मोन निकलता है वो वो चीनी को घुलने से रोकता है.
3. पेशाब से करें पता
ये भी एक बेहद आसन तरीका है. इसमें आपको एक छोटी सी कटोरी या डिबिया लेनी है. इसक कटोरी या डिबिया में आपको अपना मूत्र भरकर 3-4 घंटों के लिए छोड़ देना है. ध्यान रहे डिबिया को हिलाना-डुलाना बिलकुल नहीं है. इसके बाद यदि पेशाब की सतह पर सफ़ेद रंग की एक पतली सतह बनती है तो समझिए कि आप गर्भ से हैं. लेकिन यदि पेशाब की सतह पर कोई परत नहीं है तो सझिए कि आप प्रेगनेंट नहीं हैं.
4. गेहूं और जौ
यह एक परम्परागत तरीका है. इसमें प्रेगनेंसी जांचने के लिए आपको जौ और गेहूं का इस्तेमाल करना पड़ता है. कहा जाता है कि मुट्ठी भर जौ और गेहूं के दाने लेकर उनपर पेशाब करना होता है. उनपर पेशाब करने से यदि वो अंकुरित हो जाते हैं तो समझिए कि आप गर्भवती हैं. लेकिन यदि दोनों में से कोई भी अंकुरित नहीं होता है तो समझिए कि आप प्रेग्नेंट नहीं हैं.
5. सफ़ेद सिरका
सफ़ेद सिरके की सहायता से भी आप अपनी प्रेगनेंसी की जांच कर सकती हैं. जाहिर है ये भी एक आसान तरीका है. इसमें आपको एक कटोरी में आधा कप सफेद सिरका लेना है और इसमें आधा कप सुबह का सफ़ेद मूत्र डालना है. इसके बाद इसका निरिक्षण करना है. इसमें देखना ये है कि इसका रंग बदलता है या नहीं. यदि रंग बदल जाता है तो आप प्रेग्नेंट हैं लेकिन यदि नहीं बदलता है तो इसका मतलब है कि आप गर्भ से नहीं हैं.
6. टूथपेस्ट भी आता है काम
रोजाना इस्तेमाल होने वाला टूथपेस्ट भी आपके गर्भ की जांच कर सकता है. लेकिन इसमें एक बात का जरुर ध्यान रखना है कि टूथपेस्ट का रंग सफेद हो. यानी कि कोलगेट या पेप्सोडेंट जैसा. क्लोजप या मैक्स फ्रेश जेल नहीं चलेगा. आपको इस टूथपेस्ट को एक डिब्बी में डालना है और उसमें थोड़ी सी अपने पेशाब डालें. इसके कुछ घंटे बाद इसे देखें कि इसका रंग बदलता है या इसमें झाग बनता है या नहीं? यदि इसका जवाब हाँ में है तो आप गर्भवती हैं और यदि नहीं में है तो आप गर्भवती नहीं हैं.
7. ब्लीच से जांच
ब्लीचिंग पाउडर के प्रयोग से भी प्रेगनेंसी को जांचा जा सकता है. इसके लिए आपको सुबह का अपना पहला मूत्र एक कटोरी में लेना है. इसके बाद इसमें थोड़ा सा ब्लीचिंग पाउडर मिलाना है. फिर इसका निरिक्षण कीजिए. यदि इसमें से बुलबुले उठते हैं या झाग बनती है तो समझिए कि आप प्रेग्नेंट हैं लेकिन यदि ऐसा कुछ नहीं होता है तो आप प्रेग्नेंट नहीं हैं.
8. गुप्तांग का रंग देखकर
प्रेगनेंसी को जांचने का एक और भी आसान तरीका है. इसके अनुसार आपको अपने गुप्तांग का रंग देखना है. यदि आपके गुप्तांग का रंग गहरा नीला या बैंगनी लाल है तो इसका मतलब ये हुआ कि आप गर्भवती हैं. इसका कारण ये है कि गर्भ के दौरान खून का दौरा तेज हो जाता है. लेकिन यदि ऐसा नहीं है तो चिंता करने की कोई बात नहीं है.
9. प्रेगनेंसी किट
हलांकि सबसे बेहतर उपाय यही है कि आप बाजार से प्रेगनेंसी किट ले आएं और उसकी सहायता से ही जांच करें. इसकी कीमत भी कोई बहुत ज्यादा नहीं होती है. इसका परिणाम सबसे ज्यादा विश्वसनीय है.
The inability to conceive after indulging in unprotected sex is known as infertility. It can also be referred to the biological incapability of a male to cause the conception or a woman being unable to carry the pregnancy for full term. Research has shown that female problems contribute to over half of all the infertility cases while a majority of the other causes include sperm disorders.
Treatment of infertility depends on:
- Cause of Infertility
- Duration of Infertility
- Age of both partners
- Personal preferences
Causes of infertility in women include:
1. Ovulation disorders: This is regarded as the most common cause of infertility in women. The disorders can be caused due to the following
- Premature ovarian failure
- PCOS (polycystic ovary syndrome)
- Poor egg quality
- Overactive or Underactive thyroid gland
- Chronic conditions like cancer or AIDS.
2. Problems in fallopian tubes or uterus: Abnormalities in the uterus or fallopian tubes render the woman incapable of conceiving naturally. This might be due to:
- Submucosal fibroids
- Previous sterilization treatment
3. Medications: There is a possibility that treatment will cure infertility. Examples include NSAIDs (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs), Chemotherapy and Radiotherapy.
Treatment of infertility might involve a significant amount of psychological, physical, temporal and financial commitments.
In men, treatment is done to treat lack of healthy sperm or general sexual problems. The treatments include:
- Change in lifestyle
- Sperm retrieval
You can also take the package for Living Healthy - Woman.
Even though it is possible to restore fertility in women using only one or two therapies, a number of treatments might be required before conception is possible. Some of these treatments include:
- Intrauterine insemination (IUI)
- Stimulation of ovulation with fertility drugs
- Surgery to restore fertility
In situations where pregnancy does not happen spontaneously, Assisted Reproductive Technology (ART) can be used by couples to achieve pregnancy. It is a form of fertility treatment which involves the handling of sperm and egg. The entire ART team consists of psychologists, physicians, embryologists, nurses and lab technicians.
One common ART technique is In vitro fertilization (IVF). It is a process where an egg and sperms are manually combined in a laboratory dish, followed by transfer of embryo to the uterus. Some aspects involved in an IVF cycle are:
- Intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI)
- Assisted hatching
- Donor eggs or sperm
- Gestational carrier
Some complications that may occur during the treatment of infertility are:
- Multiple pregnancy
- Ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome (OHSS)
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a specilized gynaecologist and ask a free question.