Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bhopal and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Neelima AgrawalYour feedback matters!
Every person is familiar with the remark “Stop fidgeting” but does anybody ever wonder why do humans fidget? Is there any scientific reason for such an action? This article will throw light on the underlying causes for what is known as fidgeting.
Fidgeting and its underlying causes
- Scientific research has revealed that fidgeting has many benefits still most people get annoyed when they see another person twitching and tapping. Most people do this seemingly without any control over their movement when they are ordered to be still. Research shows that there is at least one biological reason to back this action.
- Since the same brain area is used for movement and speech, it is only natural that gestures are interlinked with thorough preparation for a speech. People tend to move their hands more when they are looking for a word to say, but are not being able to find it. In a recent study, it was found that school children between the age of 6-8 years who use their hands a lot can come up with the right answers during lessons.
- While this is one theory, another neurological theory suggests that a portion of the mental load is off-loaded through the process of fidgeting when people have to tackle complex problems or thoughts. The theory is called cognitive load hypothesis. The offloading mechanism frees up the mental faculties thus, devoting them to the mental process. While this may not be a definitive explanation for fidgeting, it does go to show that there is a link between a person’s hand movements and their thought and speech process.
Other reasons for fidgeting
- Other than the cognitive advantages, some evidence has also been found linking fidgeting with metabolism. People who fidget are found to have a higher metabolism and lower BMI. This difference can be seen between thin and overweight people. Fidgeting amidst lollygagging during the day helps burn up to 350 calories a day. Also, fidgeting among other incidental physical activity helps keep an individual fit.
- Among other reasons, fidgeting also serves as a coping mechanism for people with ADD. If a person is engaged in something that he/she is not interested in then the additional sensory-motor input that is even slightly stimulating or entertaining helps the brain to get completely engaged. This helps to maintain focus on the actual activity being performed by the individual.
- So, fidgeting helps distract that part of the brain that is getting bored. This helps the other parts of the brain focus better on the actual activity. This is known as floating attention which perhaps is an evolutionary trait that dates back to prehistoric times. In those times, the ability to focus entirely on a task with undivided attention was not favorable to the human since doing so could make them unaware of the enormous ravenous beast hiding behind the bushes.
Thus, though there is some degree of understanding is there when it comes to fidgeting, more research studies are required to gain further insight. Consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I am. 25 years old female having pCOD from last 3 years. Earlier I have irregular cycles but now my cycles are regular I recently have my hormone tests that too are normal but tge testosterone level is on the higher side.
When to check for pregnancy test from previous month date and are there any symptoms that she is getting pregnant.
I am 26 years. I got molar pregnancy previously around one year back. Before that 2 years back torch-rubella I got, after which cysts are there. So 2 times lost pregnancy-aborted. Now trying for more than 3 months. Pregnancy is not happening. Now doctor suggested ovaries-sr for me and MAXOZ for my husband. We used for one month and tried for pregnancy still it didn’t happened. Doctor suggested for this month FOLLICULAR STUDY on 11,13,15 days (22,24,26 sep) of cycle. Is it compulsory that I should try for pregnancy on these days if eggs are there? My husband on office work needs to be out of station for 13th and 14th day and will be back on 15th morning. My husbands parents are telling that on these days we should try for pregnancy. My husband is telling that doctor may be just checking ovulation/egg release and may need not to try for pregnancy on these days compulsorily….We are stressed what to do? Husband is telling it’s just checking only for egg release? Unable to ask local doctor also personally as doctor is out of station. PLEASE SUGGEST US WHAT TO DO IS IT ONLY FOR CHECKING OR WE SHOULD COMPULSORILY TRY FOR PREGNANCY ON THESE DAYS OR NEXT MONTH WE CAN TRY?
I am having problem in my vagina as well as in anus. Itching, irritation, rashes and cyst. All this things are very painful. please suggest me should I consult either to a gynecologist or physician?
Dear doc my wife had an surgical abortion on sat after that she was normal but since today morning she is bleeding not like her nor period is it normal after abortion.
What tests can be done to be 200% sure about a person being pregnant or not n when those tests should be done?
Hi doctor, I am 30 years old, I have twin girls abt 4years old. I have missed my period from 23 may till today, I have also done home pregency test and its negative. What may be the reason, please suggest.
Madam after taken ipill ECP. There is no withdrawal bleeding. Is it pregnancy or not? please give me solution.
Sir/ madam I'm 23 years old I noticed that small size ball in my left side breast I noticed this 1 and half year back some times it will be small some times it will increase the I dnt know what is this please help me to know about it thank u.
I am 24 years old Female suffering from hairfall problem. I have polycystic ovarian disease and gas trouble. I have consulted doctor 2 years back. He has suggested me to avoid oil food, masalas,sweets. Although I am maintain my diet, I have used everything natural like herbal oils, castor oil ,the problem (HAIRFALL) repeats.
Sir/mam, from past 2 days I am having pain in my nipples. I don't know the reason. It was 16th of July when I had last intercourse and had a 2 days delay period on 10 th aug. Which last for 7 long days. I was facing migraine problem from some days. What could be the reason of this pain. It's really annoying to have this much pain.
Me and girlfriend we didn't have sex but I have a doubt I touched my penis to her vagina But I didn't cum there I cummed on her stomach is there any chance of pregnancy.
I am 30 years old. Married 6 years before. I have no children. My problem is entrometris cysts. Two month before I have ivf (icsi). But its fail. Please tell solve my problem.
1. Drink safe water provide by helping people
2. Avoid rainy and flood waters as these may contain infection
3. Boil water if necessary to drink
4. Wash your hand before any meal
5. Dont eat food which are store before or infected
6. Any wound consult any medical personal and doctor as soon
7. Don't throw any infectious material anywhere (as it may cause spread of infection to other)